MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
i dont think so. wasn’t that what caused the yellow flags race 1 when we tried to qualify in two groups?
group two got screwed with passing under yellow penalties.

@bloodyboyblue ? isnt that what can happen during qualifying or am i mistaken?

I would think stopping on track would cause yellow flags before sitting in the pits.
In fact I know for a fact stopping on the side of the track will cause a yellow but if everyone pulls in pit lane it wont cause a yellow for cars on track. The reason there were yellows for the 2nd group at Laguna Seca was because of cars stopped on side of track, if the first group all went in pit there would have been no yellows for 2nd group.

I would think stopping on track would cause yellow flags before sitting in the pits.
In fact I know for a fact stopping on the side of the track will cause a yellow but if everyone pulls in pit lane it wont cause a yellow for cars on track. The reason there were yellows for the 2nd group at Laguna Seca was because of cars stopped on side of track, if the first group all went in pit there would have been no yellows for 2nd group.

It's something I thought would work out but didn't and it's just to complicated to do right. From here on out everyone will go out at once for the qualifying sessions.

It's something I thought would work out but didn't and it's just to complicated to do right. From here on out everyone will go out at once for the qualifying sessions.
Yeah that's how the mechanics of the yellow flag works. If you are slow or stopped on track the yellow flag is waved in that area of the track.

Honestly it would better if everyone parked in the pits. If they don't wish to continue driving for 10 minutes.

Yeah that's how the mechanics of the yellow flag works. If you are slow or stopped on track the yellow flag is waved in that area of the track.

Honestly it would better if everyone parked in the pits. If they don't wish to continue driving for 10 minutes.
I've had times I've got a 3 second penalty during qualifying for the same thing

I've had times I've got a 3 second penalty during qualifying for the same thing

I was trying it based off ARL'S races because everyone just pulls off the track when they done qualifying. Because I run the in game qualifying and we don't set the grid manually I can't turn those penalties off and on before the race and I didn't take that into consideration so it turned into a mess. Although I went out with the second group and didn't get a penalty for passing during a yellow flag so it didn't dawn on me then either.

I was trying it based off ARL'S races because everyone just pulls off the track when they done qualifying. Because I run the in game qualifying and we don't set the grid manually I can't turn those penalties off and on before the race and I didn't take that into consideration so it turned into a mess. Although I went out with the second group and didn't get a penalty for passing during a yellow flag so it didn't dawn on me then either.
I haven't had 1 problem in your lobbies and infact it was an ARL lobby it happened in hahahaha! I wouldn't say it turned into a mess man I really am enjoying this series thank you for hosting it!

If it ain't broke and isn't happening here I say don't fix it

I haven't had 1 problem in your lobbies and infact it was an ARL lobby it happened in hahahaha! I wouldn't say it turned into a mess man I really am enjoying this series thank you for hosting it!

If it ain't broke and isn't happening here I say don't fix it

I guess that's was a bit of an over exaggeration on my part.
I'm having fun too and it was fun working together last race to chase down the pack.

Well another suggestion is that we can go back to the old qualifying method. I prefer the old method for longer races. As we could take a break before main event.

It was also better for last minute entries. And we more control over were people started which was useful for anyone who requested to start in the back.

We are under a time restraint and counted on by our members to Start & End on time as listed for this series on the main page.
Many of our members race in other leagues as listed on our main page right after our race.
In game qualifying offers a speedy process between qualifying and the race with a minimum risk of delay so everything runs on schedule.
Most people prefer a speedy process when they are ready to race.

Nothing with this game ever is.
So it would stand to reason that in-game qualifying is not the best way. You may lose a few minutes sorting the grid or something but it's a lot less headache than the alternative.

I've ran it both ways and in game qualifying is the most efficient way to make sure things stay on time.

When you give people the opportunity to get distracted while waiting for someone to set the grid and Start the race your chances highly increase that someone will not be ready when you start the race and things are delayed.
I think every host has seen this happen multiple multiple times for one reason or another.
Since implemented we have started and finished within a 5 minute margin for error and that's been way more efficient for this series.

I've ran it both ways and in game qualifying is the most efficient way to make sure things stay on time.

When you give people the opportunity to get distracted while waiting for someone to set the grid and Start the race your chances highly increase that someone will not be ready when you start the race and things are delayed.
I think every host has seen this happen multiple multiple times for one reason or another.
Since implemented we have started and finished within a 5 minute margin for error and that's been way more efficient for this series.
Then I can just make sure to start at 7:30pm with or without. If they can't be in the and on track by posted time. That's on them. It's not like we can be delayed by with in game qualifying. I had delay the start this race because we're waiting on someone.

Plus if you add the loading time to qualifying, to automatic qualifying overtime which goes by lap times, then loading time between the qualifying and then race, and then race start itself. We are probably actually starting the race about 7:35pm or later depending on the qualifying overtime.

Last edited:
From a drivers point of view the in game qualifying option has been seamless. As far as manually setting a grid I have no idea the effort required, I have never hosted a race but it seems that our qualifying to race start gap is much smaller using the in game qualifying feature.

yeah, sorry. I had it wrong/backwards. Not sure what I was thinking.

Nothing with this game ever is.
Can't like that comment enough I clicked on it 3 times! PD should be named Murphy's Law.

At the end of the day fellas @Rinsky has the call it's his series if this is how he wants to do it we can't say to much we signed up for it the way it is and Saturdays are a cluster 🤬 with all the league races so if it's running smoothly and no one has encountered this problem to the point it has cost them points why change it. As a organizer I see where he is coming from I'm sure a few others do aswell.

Last edited:
Just as others have posted there is no reason to change it. It has run smoothly with no problems so far. It keeps things on time as everyone is already in their cars and ready to go.
Anyone who needs to take a break can do so before qualifying starts.
We start qualifying at 7:20pm EST with very little delays and everyone knows once that starts we don't stop until the race is over.

If this was the only race everyone was doing that night then I would agree to a break in between but it's not. So to insure people will want to continue to race in our series when they could choose not to because of time constraints it is very important to keep this show on time with no delays if at all possible.

Time of day along with Tire & Fuel Settings have now been adjusted for March 7th at Mt Panorama.

Class Gr.4

1.5 hour endurance race
Track: Mount Panorama
10 minute in game qualifying session
Track Time - 16:30
Fastest First set by host
Class BOP on with No Tuning.
Race Medium / Race Softs
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X6
No assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No wall penalties with heavy damage
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Grid Start

Qualifying Settings for Mount Panorama

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear for Gr.4 is x8
Qualifying fuel rate is same as race
Qualifying end delay is set at 30sec
You only have 30 seconds to finish the lap your on after the 10 minute clock is up.
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.

Everyone must be in their cars and ready to go at 7:20pm because once qualifying is started you will not be able to join in the lobby anymore.

Qualifying Rules

GTS now offers in game qualifying but there are still some rules that need to be applied on top of that for our Series.

1. No Pitting -
Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit and continue qualifying during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires. If you come into the pits during qualifying then you must remain there until the race begins.

2. OutLap -
Fuel Burning or Tire Saving must only be done under the OutLap.
You must be up to race speed at the end of your OutLap and then for the remainder of your qualifying session. Anyone not able to keep race speeds can pull off the track and sit in their cars until qualifying is over. Do not leave your car.

3. Do not leave your car -
Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or your car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race.
Game will not let anyone join in once the qualifying session has started.

Last edited:
Can we run 1 or 2 Q laps and sit in pits for remainder of qualifying?? IE: is it OK to enter pit during qualifying if we do not go back on track?

Can we run 1 or 2 Q laps and sit in pits for remainder of qualifying?? IE: is it OK to enter pit during qualifying if we do not go back on track?

Yes. I just update the rules to make that more clear.

1. No Pitting -
Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit and continue qualifying during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires. If you come into the pits during qualifying then you must remain there until the race begins.

Hey all, how’s the new series going. Haven’t checked in for a while.

So far everything is running smoothly and everyone is having a great time. There is a full field along with some very talented drivers competing for this year's championship and there looks to be some great battles going forward.
Really wish you would have joined this year.

Hey guys! I finally got around to finishing my liveries for this season:lol:
Looking forward to racing with everyone at Mt. Panorama :cheers:

PS_Messages_20200213_115525.jpg

NOTICE

I'm sure most of you are aware by now that the penalty system is all screwed up and because of this there is absolutely no way we can use this jacked up penalty system in our 1.5hr Manufacturers Endurance Race Series and it even be remotely fair for everyone. So for the
March 7th race at Mt Panorama all penalties will be turned off.
With more at stake in this year's championship there is absolutely no way we can police 16 drivers for 1.5hr so it will fall upon you the driver to report any misconduct you feel needs attention and report an issue or incident to one of our BOD members also listed on the main page.
@Rinsky @Infineon @Cold Warrior @micantony
The four of us will decide on what actions to take on all reported incidents.

Gentlemen's Agreement
When it comes to shortcuts everyone should already understand what is acceptable and what is not. This Gentleman's Agreement is for everyone to acknowledg that two tires must remain on the track at all times.
I know sometimes **** happens and we all make mistakes so it's not those incidents I'm looking at. It's for those who continues to use a shortcut over and over again to gain a time advantage or make a pass on someone.
This again will fall on the driver's to report any misconduct or abuse of track limits.
I However will go through the replay and view everyone's fastest lap to ensure it was earned correctly.

Hopefully PD will fix this mess that they created so we can go back to using the in game penalty system.

Last edited:
Back