MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,737 views
Me and Infineon were practicing the other day and we had the penalties set on light. He would bump draft me going down the straights and it was giving me a 4 second penalty and he would receive nothing.
So you get a 4 second penalty for going in a straight line and doing absolutely nothing wrong if someone decides to bump you. We never did put the penalties on the highest settings but I'm guessing it would be anywhere around 8 to 10 seconds.
 
Me and Infineon were practicing the other day and we had the penalties set on light. He would bump draft me going down the straights and it was giving me a 4 second penalty and he would receive nothing.
So you get a 4 second penalty for going in a straight line and doing absolutely nothing wrong if someone decides to bump you. We never did put the penalties on the highest settings but I'm guessing it would be anywhere around 8 to 10 seconds.

What range of lap times are possible at Mt. Panorama??? I have raced there very, very little, I tend to avoid it like the plague.
 
What range of lap times are possible at Mt. Panorama??? I have raced there very, very little, I tend to avoid it like the plague.

I'm thinking my fastest laps were in the 2:13 to 2:12 range and I could constantly run 2:14's every lap throughout my fuel run.
 
I'm thinking my fastest laps were in the 2:13 to 2:12 range and I could constantly run 2:14's every lap throughout my fuel run.

OK, good. I have been running 13's in practice
Now on to practice running more than 5 laps without damaging my car
 
NOTICE

I'm sure most of you are aware by now that the penalty system is all screwed up and because of this there is absolutely no way we can use this jacked up penalty system in our 1.5hr Manufacturers Endurance Race Series and it even be remotely fair for everyone. So for the
March 7th race at Mt Panorama all penalties will be turned off.
With more at stake in this year's championship there is absolutely no way we can police 16 drivers for 1.5hr so it will fall upon you the driver to report any misconduct you feel needs attention and report an issue or incident to one of our BOD members also listed on the main page.
@Rinsky @Infineon @Cold Warrior @micantony
The four of us will decide on what actions to take on all reported incidents.

Gentlemen's Agreement
When it comes to shortcuts everyone should already understand what is acceptable and what is not. This Gentleman's Agreement is for everyone to acknowledg that two tires must remain on the track at all times.
I know sometimes **** happens and we all make mistakes so it's not those incidents I'm looking at. It's for those who continues to use a shortcut over and over again to gain a time advantage or make a pass on someone.
This again will fall on the driver's to report any misconduct or abuse of track limits.
I However will go through the replay and view everyone's fastest lap to ensure it was earned correctly.

Hopefully PD will fix this mess that they created so we can go back to using the in game penalty system.
​
When you say no penalties. Do you mean no flags too?

I this Mount Panorama. There a lot of blind corners and hillcrests were you can't see far enough in front of you to react to problems. When someone spins or is slow on track. There will no warning to anyone behind them.
 
When you say no penalties. Do you mean no flags too?

I this Mount Panorama. There a lot of blind corners and hillcrests were you can't see far enough in front of you to react to problems. When someone spins or is slow on track. There will no warning to anyone behind them.

I don't think we have to turn off the flag rule. It's been on in other races I've been in with all penalties off without issues.
 
I don't think we have to turn off the flag rule. It's been on in other races I've been in with all penalties off without issues.
I'm okay with that. I just don't want to eliminate the flags on a track like this. There no room to avoid danger in sections. If you run into an unwanted surprise.
 
I'm okay with that. I just don't want to eliminate the flags on a track like this. There no room to avoid danger in sections. If you run into an unwanted surprise.

I agree with that as there is always unwanted suprises at Mt Panorama.
 
I don't think we have to turn off the flag rule. It's been on in other races I've been in with all penalties off without issues.
Sorry a little late. We had to turn off the flag rules aswell even with penalties off and flag rules being on jw and Nascar were battling for the lead and bumped fenders it still gave jw a 5 sec penalty
 
Sorry a little late. We had to turn off the flag rules aswell even with penalties off and flag rules being on jw and Nascar were battling for the lead and bumped fenders it still gave jw a 5 sec penalty
So you're saying we are either going to have deal with the penalties or run without flags?
 
Yea pretty much...flags only do so much In all the racing I do there might be 5 people that takes a flag seriously besides blue flags
 
Sorry a little late. We had to turn off the flag rules aswell even with penalties off and flag rules being on jw and Nascar were battling for the lead and bumped fenders it still gave jw a 5 sec penalty

Ok I wasn't sure.. thanks for the heads up.

So you're saying we are either going to have deal with the penalties or run without flags?

That's a yes for now. Unless we get a fix for it in the update before our race.
 
Ok I wasn't sure.. thanks for the heads up.



That's a yes for now. Unless we get a fix for it in the update before our race.

Honestly if it's that big of a deal just run with the penalties and flags on then if anybody has any accrued penalties at the end of the race you can go subtract the time the said driver has in penalties...
 
Honestly if it's that big of a deal just run with the penalties and flags on then if anybody has any accrued penalties at the end of the race you can go subtract the time the said driver has in penalties...

Not a bad idea. The penalties can get out of hand now with a slight bump into someone receiving 4 to 6 second with the Settings set to light. So I know you can get kicked out of Sport Mode for getting to many penalties but does the same apply lobby racing?
 
I don't think so. to be honest the way the penalties burn off in this game is crazy so i don't think it will be an issue

Not a bad idea. The penalties can get out of hand now with a slight bump into someone receiving 4 to 6 second with the Settings set to light. So I know you can get kicked out of Sport Mode for getting to many penalties but does the same apply lobby racing?
 
I don't think so. to be honest the way the penalties burn off in this game is crazy so i don't think it will be an issue

Ok that's good news then.
I guess we should leave this issue up to the driver's and what way they would prefer

1. Penalties on and subtract any time penalty a driver might have crossing the line at the end of the race.

2. Run the race with penalties & flag rules completely off for the entire race.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the flag rule to begin with as it has saved my ass more than once. Mt Panorama is a tight course with many blind corners so I feel everyone could benefit if left on.

So option #1 gets my vote.
 
Hi, sorry to but in mid convo and with the risk of looking like a complete numpty, are there any vacancies for your endurance series this year? I may be able to make a few of your races if you have the room. Cheers
 
Ok I wasn't sure.. thanks for the heads up.



That's a yes for now. Unless we get a fix for it in the update before our race.
How should we handle corner cuts without penalties?

While I don't think anyone in our series would cheat. But, even an accidental cut gain an advantage. Which is possible in a few. I don't want people taking advantage of it.
 
Ok that's good news then.
I guess we should leave this issue up to the driver's and what way they would prefer

1. Penalties on and subtract any time penalty a driver might have crossing the line at the end of the race.

2. Run the race with penalties & flag rules completely off for the entire race.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the flag rule to begin with as it has saved my ass more than once. Mt Panorama is a tight course with many blind corners so I feel everyone could benefit if left on.

So option #1 gets my vote.
I'm also a huge fan of the Flags. I was something that was needed the field size was increased in GT5.

Mount Panorama has a lot of blind corners. Plus you shouldn't be making contact here anyways. I won't trust bump drafting over the hills on the straights.
 
Where can 1 actually cut a corner and be faster here

Not trying to be a dick or anything

At the top of the hill there is that escape road to bypass the "S" curves, that's about the only place I can think if.
 
At the top of the hill there is that escape road to bypass the "S" curves, that's about the only place I can think if.

That's the only place I know of.
If we have to run with penalties off I will go through the replay looking at everyone's fast laps because its those laps that will show if someone was using that shortcut.
 
Where can 1 actually cut a corner and be faster here

Not trying to be a dick or anything
Turn 1 and 23. It's tricky for these corners but, depending on how you cut. Easier with a 4WD or not on racing tires. Works better for Turn 23.

Turn 12 that chicane up on the mountain. The run off is paved making cutting easy.

Turns 21 and 22. The chicane after the kink on the. It's possible to carry enough speed to skip the chicane and gain an advantage.

Pit Entrance Turns. It might be possible cut these turns and gain an advantage. I haven't tested this one.
 
Turn 1 and 23. It's tricky for these corners but, depending on how you cut. Easier with a 4WD or not on racing tires. Works better for Turn 23.

Turn 12 that chicane up on the mountain. The run off is paved making cutting easy.

Turns 21 and 22. The chicane after the kink on the. It's possible to carry enough speed to skip the chicane and gain an advantage.

Pit Entrance Turns. It might be possible cut these turns and gain an advantage. I haven't tested this one.

I will be 100% I would like to think people wouldnt cut....I personally have never seen a person Actually get a good result from cutting a corner at mt panorama...I for one can tell you cutting the chicane at the top of the mountian isn't any faster you lose so much time through there....the last amd first turn the curbing will upset the car to much to get a time advantage plus dirty tires..

Honestly all of the Instances you mentioned all have a huge down effect with the effect of dirty tires I'm this game.
 
Hi, sorry to but in mid convo and with the risk of looking like a complete numpty, are there any vacancies for your endurance series this year? I may be able to make a few of your races if you have the room. Cheers

We are completely full at this time and I hate having to turn people away who would like to run in this Series. We already have a full field of 16 driver's and 4 reserve drivers in waiting.
I can send you a Message when we get an open reserve spot if your still interested at that point.

Until then you should check out the ARL league and all they offer for some great racing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/american-racing-league-arl.440/
 
I will be 100% I would like to think people wouldnt cut....I personally have never seen a person Actually get a good result from cutting a corner at mt panorama...I for one can tell you cutting the chicane at the top of the mountian isn't any faster you lose so much time through there....the last amd first turn the curbing will upset the car to much to get a time advantage plus dirty tires..

Honestly all of the Instances you mentioned all have a huge down effect with the effect of dirty tires I'm this game.
I do a lot of random testing from time to time. Of curiosity

Cutting Turn 1 and 23 is situational depending on the car and tires. And it's more useful passing than time gain. Mount Panorama is a narrow race track is pretty easy to block people

Turn 12 chicane. It is faster to cut that chicane for pretty much anything. As it completely removes one braking zone.

It makes turn 13 a dangerous place to brake into though. That's why that chicane is there now.

Turn 21 & 22 chicane. If you line the car up right you can cut them. It still requires braking but, not as much and the grass will slow down the rest of the way.
 
That's the only place I know of.
If we have to run with penalties off I will go through the replay looking at everyone's fast laps because its those laps that will show if someone was using that shortcut.
For accidental cuts for Turn 12 and Turns 21 and 22. I'm going to suggest Nascar's stop and go penalty. If you miss these turns. Bring your car to a complete stop off the main track and then go.
 
I'm betting that the penalty system gets changed once again in the next update before our race.
Hopefully we won't have to worry about any of this crap come March 7th
 
Back