MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,724 views
So the new update says it address the penalty system for lobby racing. I haven't tested that out yet but it won't take long for me to find out if that's true.

The update also says many cars got BOP adjustments mainly Gr.4.
@fastone371 your Megane Trophy got hit again.
"The Gr.4 Megane Trophy V6, always popular on twisty tracks, gets a weight penalty and mild power gain that should bring it more in line with the rest of the class."

Screenshot_20200228-081953_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
Last edited:
I will be back for the march race sorry about the last one so much crap going on I kindof forgot about it my bad man.

No problem man. Real life always comes before this game so I completely understand.. look forward to seeing on the track March 7th
 
So the new update says it address the penalty system for lobby racing. I haven't tested that out yet but it won't take long for me to find out if that's true.

The update also says many cars got BOP adjustments mainly Gr.4.
@fastone371 your Megane Trophy got hit again.
"The Gr.4 Megane Trophy V6, always popular on twisty tracks, gets a weight penalty and mild power gain that should bring it more in line with the rest of the class."

View attachment 895225

Fantastic news about my Trophy!!!!
That kinda sucks for me. I can tell you from drag racing that the extra 100 pounds that I have to carry would cost about 1/10th of a second in ET but it takes about 30-40 HP to gain a 1/10th, they only gave the Trophy 11 HP for the 100 pound gain. :banghead::banghead:
 
Fantastic news about my Trophy!!!!
That kinda sucks for me. I can tell you from drag racing that the extra 100 pounds that I have to carry would cost about 1/10th of a second in ET but it takes about 30-40 HP to gain a 1/10th, they only gave the Trophy 11 HP for the 100 pound gain. :banghead::banghead:

They did give it a power bump as well. Test it out and give me your feedback on it.
 
They did give it a power bump as well. Test it out and give me your feedback on it.

A-OK
Roger that
10-4
OKIE DOKIE
I intend on doing exactly that over the weekend, I will keep you informed.
 
No adjustments for the Gr.4 Viper that's fine. My only complaint the car's default gearing is not wide enough for the car. It's good on the straights until it's acceleration dies off in the lower 160s do to it's gearing.

As for last years ride. They finally took some weight off the Gr.4 Corvette but, they take away power. Hopefully it improves it's tire wear a little bit and make . The power reduction should help it's fuel mileage but, it's going to hurt it's acceleration and speed. Which were the only things good about the car last year.
 
They did give it a power bump as well. Test it out and give me your feedback on it.

It seems to be about 1/2 second slower on the mountain, but that could have been me too. I do struggle with the left hand turn at the top of the hill where it's so easy to go off the right into the grass, I was always able to go WOT thru there easily and now it can be iffy if you are not right on line.
 
So the new update says it address the penalty system for lobby racing. I haven't tested that out yet but it won't take long for me to find out if that's true.

The update also says many cars got BOP adjustments mainly Gr.4.
@fastone371 your Megane Trophy got hit again.
"The Gr.4 Megane Trophy V6, always popular on twisty tracks, gets a weight penalty and mild power gain that should bring it more in line with the rest of the class."

View attachment 895225
I didn't know they "fixed" the penalties I'll find out in fia tonight or open a random lobby and test it
 
I didn't know they "fixed" the penalties I'll find out in fia tonight or open a random lobby and test it

Yes please let me know.. it said in the update notes they addressed the penalties for the lobby section but I don't know how true that is yet.
 
Yes please let me know.. it said in the update notes they addressed the penalties for the lobby section but I don't know how true that is yet.
No worries man will do
 
I posted two of my Porsche Race Car Replicas I created not long ago. I'm very happy with them so here they are if anyone is interested in them. For those who know me will tell you that I don't like sharing my personal livery creations.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/4231197/1/7422571073594458673

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/4231197/1/8584499783962460721

Here are the photos I went off of.

View attachment 895996 View attachment 895997 View attachment 895998 View attachment 895999 View attachment 896000

Job well done sir, they look fantastic.
 
Job well done sir, they look fantastic.

Thank you @fastone371
I really enjoyed making those and it even surprised me on how well they turned out and that's why I decided to share them.
If you use them in single player or an online race the number plates will cover up the ones I put on the car so the livery still looks good.
 
Thank you @fastone371
I really enjoyed making those and it even surprised me on how well they turned out and that's why I decided to share them.
If you use them in single player or an online race the number plates will cover up the ones I put on the car so the livery still looks good.

I will most definitely be stealing these, I like to ride the coat tails of everyone elses hard work. :D:D:D
 
I will most definitely be stealing these, I like to ride the coat tails of everyone elses hard work. :D:D:D

I don't mind at all because I have fun creating them.
I've slowly been getting better at the livery editor over the past year. Now that my kids are getting bigger I have less time to practice/race so I find myself in the livery editor when I don't have much time for the game.

I've been working on a new livery for my Gr.4 McLaren for awhile now. I'm not close to being finished but I definitely like what I have so far and hopefully I'll have a completed livery sometime soon.

PS_Messages_20200210_223007.jpg
PS_Messages_20200210_223010.jpg
PS_Messages_20200210_223005.jpg
PS_Messages_20200210_223002.jpg
 
Flag rules seem to be back to normal along with bump draft. Still gotta watch out for getting a penalty when someone hits you
 
I don't mind at all because I have fun creating them.
I've slowly been getting better at the livery editor over the past year. Now that my kids are getting bigger I have less time to practice/race so I find myself in the livery editor when I don't have much time for the game.

I've been working on a new livery for my Gr.4 McLaren for awhile now. I'm not close to being finished but I definitely like what I have so far and hopefully I'll have a completed livery sometime soon.

View attachment 896048 View attachment 896050 View attachment 896049 View attachment 896051

Looking good so far, cant wait to see the rest. Your liveries always look classy.
 
Flag rules seem to be back to normal along with bump draft. Still gotta watch out for getting a penalty when someone hits you

Thank you for the update Texas. I'm at work so I couldn't test anything out but it seems for the most part things are back to normal if that's what we want to call it. :lol::lol:
 
Thank you for the update Texas. I'm at work so I couldn't test anything out but it seems for the most part things are back to normal if that's what we want to call it. :lol::lol:

You surely mean normal in PD land which is not nearly good in the real world. :banghead::banghead:
 
You surely mean normal in PD land which is not nearly good in the real world. :banghead::banghead:

I just assume that's a given to everyone by now.
However I will say lobby penalties have remained far more fair and consistent than Sport Mode penalties until recently.
 
I just assume that's a given to everyone by now.
However I will say lobby penalties have remained far more fair and consistent than Sport Mode penalties until recently.
To me running the 3 fia races I did felt like the penalty system has reverted to the way it was before the previous update. I'm gonna open a public lobby tomorrow with "normal" ARL settings and see if there's any issues
 
I'm thinking my fastest laps were in the 2:13 to 2:12 range and I could constantly run 2:14's every lap throughout my fuel run.

just did my first practise and ran constantly 2.12.5 and got a single 2.11.9 , so i`ll susgest that you pick up the pace and stop driving like an old man , your still a yound and agile manly man and stuff :)
 
just did my first practise and ran constantly 2.12.5 and got a single 2.11.9 , so i`ll susgest that you pick up the pace and stop driving like an old man , your still a yound and agile manly man and stuff :)

It's not that I couldn't run a second or so faster per lap but those times I posted are the the lap times I can run consistently (and that's the key word) without making a mistake for the entire 1.5hr race. As I tell everyone who is struggling and looking for advice is that being consistent is far more important than being fast.
I'm also in a new car this season so I have very little seat time in the McLaren and I'm still trying to figure out the different characteristics. Put me in the Gr.4 Porsche or My favorite Gr.3 Mustang and I know everything those cars will do.

Now we will move on to the more obvious reasons. So many racers in this series are far more talented than myself and out of all the other races I compete in this race is by far stacked with the most consistently fast talent. This was done by design so all the aliens would have more competition this season and the rest of us will benefit from watching, learning and being pushed to up our race craft.

So just remember.....

With consistency comes speed but speed alone is meaningless if it's not consistent.
 
OPEN PRACTICE
Tomorrow Tuesday March 3rd
Mt Panorama
12:00 pm EST to 4:00 pm EST

Practice will open tomorrow at 12:00 noon EST and run until 1:30 pm EST
At 1:30 we will run a 40 minute Trial Race that will end around 2:10 pm EST
Practice will resume afterwards until around 3:00 pm EST.

Depending on tomorrow's Practice Participation at 3:00pm we are planning on switching over to practice ARL Saturday night Gr.3 race at Autopolis for the final hour 3:00 to 4:00 pm EST
Again this all depends on the amount of people in the practice lobby at that time
​
 
OPEN PRACTICE
Tomorrow Tuesday March 3rd
Mt Panorama
12:00 pm EST to 4:00 pm EST

Practice will open tomorrow at 12:00 noon EST and run until 1:30 pm EST
At 1:30 we will run a 40 minute Trial Race that will end around 2:10 pm EST
Practice will resume afterwards until around 3:00 pm EST.

Depending on tomorrow's Practice Participation at 3:00pm we are planning on switching over to practice ARL Saturday night Gr.3 race at Autopolis for the final hour 3:00 to 4:00 pm EST
Again this all depends on the amount of people in the practice lobby at that time
​
I will be on tomorrow but, until after you close up.

I want save the room settings. So I can quickly load it up Saturday. Can you do me favor and test on corner penalties and the flags rules? That's not something I can as a single car.
 
I will be on tomorrow but, until after you close up.

I want save the room settings. So I can quickly load it up Saturday. Can you do me favor and test on corner penalties and the flags rules? That's not something I can as a single car.

I'm definitely testing that out tomorrow. @Infineon will be in the lobby with me so if nobody else shows up we will still be able to test out the penalty system.

I will still be home after 4:00 so just send me a Message on the Playstation so it alerts me on my phone and I will log back on so you can save the room settings.
 
I'm definitely testing that out tomorrow. @Infineon will be in the lobby with me so if nobody else shows up we will still be able to test out the penalty system.

I will still be home after 4:00 so just send me a Message on the Playstation so it alerts me on my phone and I will log back on so you can save the room settings.
I know most of settings and almost anything I don't know I can just get from this forum. What I need to know is what we are doing with the penalties.
 
Any particular reason why I was taken off the driver's list? I had picked Toyota. I know I missed the first two races but I should be able to make the March race.
 
Any particular reason why I was taken off the driver's list? I had picked Toyota. I know I missed the first two races but I should be able to make the March race.


This is going to be a long post but I'm not leaving any doubt as to why I did what I did.

This whole thing all started when you asked me if I would be willing to move the start time of my race 30 minutes earlier so our races would not overlap eachother. We worked everything out and all was set to allow MSN, IRS & ARL members the opportunity to do all 3 races once a month.
Then for some unknown reason you changed your lobby start times so once again our lobbies were now overlapping eachother.
You missed our very first race because you couldn't race in my lobby while running your lobby at the same time.(your words)
Then for our second race of the season I assumed you faced the same problem as you didn't show up or tell anyone you would not make the MSN race. I know you were on because people had to hurry up and leave my lobby the very second our race was over so they could hurry up and jump into your lobby as your event was already underway.

Now ask yourself why signup for a Series that has a time conflict with your series knowing you will possibly miss most if not all those races.
I had 5 people sitting in the reserve spot just waiting for the opportunity to race or fill a permanent spot when one became available. Each reserve member made it known they are able and willing to race every month.
So I made the decision to drop you from our member list and allow someone else who would show up every month and race to fill that spot.
This is not a casual series and the rules I have in place that allows for people to miss events is for when real life issues take priority and not for people to abuse it when it's convenient.
This is the exact same reason I ended up not joining your Series because I knew there is no way I can be in two places at once so why even bother wasting everyone's time.

So it's nothing personal but I did what any Series Organizer would do and I made the call to give someone else the opportunity to race who is willing to show up every month over someone who isn't when considering the circumstances involved as listed above.
The fact you have been off the list for a little over a month and you just now noticed it kinda makes my point about the time constraints between our series and the commitment one should devote if they are serious about it.
Hell I keep up with your series even though I don't race in it. I do it because I have several MSN members who run in the IRS series on Saturdays and that's only beneficial for them if I'm keeping track of what changes are going on in other series that my members are involved in.
 
Back