MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,687 views
Thanks for the heads up... I will fill your spot with a reserve player.

Hey Mr. Rlnsky, could you mark me as questionable for Saturdays race please? Woke up ill on Tuesday morning and not really improving much, if I cant get this headache under control I wont be racing, I will confirm my status with you as early as possible on Saturday.
 
So because I work for Ford only certain cars are allowed to park in the main lots at our plant. Now of course any Ford made vehicles are allowed Ford, Lincoln, Mercury but there are some automakers Ford owned before the auto bailouts happened that are always Retro Active.
See if you can guess the one automaker that's never been seen in our parking lot from this memo handed out today. I always find it funny that it's even on the list because nobody here could ever afford one.

View attachment 897451
So if you work at the plant and you don't own a vehicle from one of these approved Manufacturers. I guess you have to walk to work then.

Also why no love for Shelby's after everything thing they did for Ford in the 60s. The Mustang might not exist without Shelby. And there racing program would never of beat Ferrari or Porsche without Shelby's help.

Oh, I mentioned Porsche in there because they were Ford's true rival in 68 and 69. With a Porsche 908 finishing on the same lap as the winning Ford GT40 in the 1969 24h of Le Mans.
 
Hey Mr. Rlnsky, could you mark me as questionable for Saturdays race please? Woke up ill on Tuesday morning and not really improving much, if I cant get this headache under control I wont be racing, I will confirm my status with you as early as possible on Saturday.
Take pain meds and drink something with caffeine in it.
 
Room open if anyone's up
 
Last edited:
So if you work at the plant and you don't own a vehicle from one of these approved Manufacturers. I guess you have to walk to work then.

Also why no love for Shelby's after everything thing they did for Ford in the 60s. The Mustang might not exist without Shelby. And there racing program would never of beat Ferrari or Porsche without Shelby's help.

Oh, I mentioned Porsche in there because they were Ford's true rival in 68 and 69. With a Porsche 908 finishing on the same lap as the winning Ford GT40 in the 1969 24h of Le Mans.

If you drive any other make than what is posted you are still allowed to Park in the lot but only in the back of certain lots on the company's property.
We have around 6500 people that works at Fords Kentucky Truck Plant. Almost every lot on this property is twice the size of a Walmart parking lot....so yeah your hiking it..lol
Those of us who drive Fords or Brands Ford has once made or owned you get the nice spots up front.

Shelby's are allowed that are fords and I see a few GT350 & GT500 in the lot every once and awhile. Never seen a Porsche but I'm sure someone has one. Just not a GT3 or GT2 RS or a GT4 Cayman.
 
If you drive any other make than what is posted you are still allowed to Park in the lot but only in the back of certain lots on the company's property.
We have around 6500 people that works at Fords Kentucky Truck Plant. Almost every lot on this property is twice the size of a Walmart parking lot....so yeah your hiking it..lol
Those of us who drive Fords or Brands Ford has once made or owned you get the nice spots up front.

Shelby's are allowed that are fords and I see a few GT350 & GT500 in the lot every once and awhile. Never seen a Porsche but I'm sure someone has one. Just not a GT3 or GT2 RS or a GT4 Cayman.
Was just curious if they are snubbing Shelby for reason.

Porsche is owned by Volkswagen. I'm sure they would see the king of sport car racing as a rival.
 
Was just curious if they are snubbing Shelby for reason.

Porsche is owned by Volkswagen. I'm sure they would see the king of sport car racing as a rival.

No they are not snubbing Shelby because any Shelby that an employee could afford would be a Ford Shelby Mustang. That is not a cheap car to begin with so you still don't see many of them but the ones you do see are parked in the back away from everyone else. I doubt they would say anything if you had a Shelby Daytona Replica. Just like the Aston Martin nobody can afford one.
Hell I've never seen a Ford GT at this place and your definitely not going to see one of the new ones unless some high up CEO is driving one here from Michigan and even then it would be put inside the plant somewhere.

Ford would see Porsche as a huge rival but again not many people will spend that much on a 911 and drive it to work.
 
I'm looking forward to tonight's race as well in both this series and in ARL Gr.3 Series.

I'm currently sending out messages to find what reserve drivers will fill the one & possibly two spots available for tonight's race.
 
I'm looking forward to tonight's race as well in both this series and in ARL Gr.3 Series.

I'm currently sending out messages to find what reserve drivers will fill the one & possibly two spots available for tonight's race.

Feeling a little better this morning, about to log on and see if I can drive for a little while.
 
Attention

The ABS bug is still an issue and was not fixed in the last update.

Please remember to turn off your ABS during practice for about 1 lap then turn it back on to fix this bug and do not leave your car. Once qualifying starts you will not get another chance to do so.

All the penalty problems everyone was having in the lobbies was fixed in the last update. We will be running with shortcut penalties and flag rules on but we will not be using contact or wall penalties. With heavy damage on that's more of a penalty than a time penalty for bumping someone or a wall. I really don't expect any issues with this decision looking at the group of racers we have and our past two races. But like always if we see anyone trying to exploit the no contact penalty you will be subjected to a huge points penalty and the rule will be turned back on.

Please be aware of your surroundings as MT Panorama is a difficult track so passing can be difficult at times.
Looking forward to a great race tonight and @Cold Warrior will be our host again for the race.

Out for tonight's race
T5BLACK who is tied for 1st
WhiteFlight1
Racer283

Reserves out for tonight as of now.
Bigbeefytaco
Nova

I have not heard from
@Hygrade B
@TallPaul
If they race we will have a full lobby because
@DesertPenguin is being nice enough to fill for tonight's race and I will also be adding him to our reserve list as there is a good possibility of still being able to race every week.

Tonight's race also starts one of our two Drop Points so out of the 3 races your worst score will not be added in after tonight's race and will only be scored on two races. This will definitely change the point standings quite a bit.
​
 
Please remember to turn off your ABS during practice for about 1 lap then turn it back on to fix this bug and do not leave your car. Once qualifying starts you will not get another chance to do so.

How do you do that without leaving/getting out off your car ?
 
Just don't go back to the main lobby screen before qualifying. Stay in your car on the track or the pits until qualifying starts or you will lose the ABS bug fix.
There is a 50/50 chance you will or will not get it if you choose not to do the fix.
 
that sounds simple , iff it werent for the need to go back to the mainscreen in the lobby to change ABS , or at least that is something I have to do :)

edit. I cant change the ABS while iam in the car :)
 
No they are not snubbing Shelby because any Shelby that an employee could afford would be a Ford Shelby Mustang. That is not a cheap car to begin with so you still don't see many of them but the ones you do see are parked in the back away from everyone else. I doubt they would say anything if you had a Shelby Daytona Replica. Just like the Aston Martin nobody can afford one.
Hell I've never seen a Ford GT at this place and your definitely not going to see one of the new ones unless some high up CEO is driving one here from Michigan and even then it would be put inside the plant somewhere.

Ford would see Porsche as a huge rival but again not many people will spend that much on a 911 and drive it to work.

I guess there’s something wrong with me because when you say Shelby Daytona this is what I think of (and would much rather own), not the famous one.

ED3AD805-C692-4821-90F1-6C33469E366B.jpeg
 
that sounds simple , iff it werent for the need to go back to the mainscreen in the lobby to change ABS , or at least that is something I have to do :)

edit. I cant change the ABS while iam in the car :)

I thought you could by hitting the start button then going to options. If not then I guess leaving your car is not a big deal.

Edit: I guess I should add I'm only going by what i read on this issue and I have not done the bug fix myself yet. I seem to always forget about it but haven't been effect by it unless I'm hosting.. This is why I'm not hosting anymore because its 100% guarantee I will have the ABS bug along with some other issues.
 
Last edited:
I thought you could by hitting the start button then going to options. If not then I guess leaving your car is not a big deal.

Edit: I guess I should add I'm only going by what i read on this issue and I have not done the bug fix myself yet. I seem to always forget about it but haven't been effect by it unless I'm hosting.. This is why I'm not hosting anymore because its 100% guarantee I will have the ABS bug along with some other issues.
What we were doing was switching it to off or weak an getting on track run half a lap or so, back out of track (but stayed greened up) change to your desired ABS and then get back on track, from then on you will not want to exit as it puke negate the “bug fix”. Might as well call the ABS GLITCH THE CORONA VIRUS
 
What we were doing was switching it to off or weak an getting on track run half a lap or so, back out of track (but stayed greened up) change to your desired ABS and then get back on track, from then on you will not want to exit as it puke negate the “bug fix”. Might as well call the ABS GLITCH THE CORONA VIRUS

Thank you for sharing that information. Now we know first hand what works and how it is to be done.
 
Thank you for sharing that information. Now we know first hand what works and how it is to be done.

Can you fill my spot in tonight's race? If you cant I will race to fill the field.
 
Rinsky, I think we tried in the past to do a Club vs Club event. I'm still wanting to do it if you are. If so let's make in happen this time. Would be fun.
 
What we were doing was switching it to off or weak an getting on track run half a lap or so, back out of track (but stayed greened up) change to your desired ABS and then get back on track, from then on you will not want to exit as it puke negate the “bug fix”. Might as well call the ABS GLITCH THE CORONA VIRUS

I truly hope your right about that its not nessasary to leave the car entirely to change the ABS , but iam pretty sure that it aint possible to do it that way , I would love to be wrong because then I have a new way to try and fix the issue/bug , so far I have just been puting it off or on week and then change it back to default , but its not every time it works sadly ....... see you all later , iam sure that tonights race is going to be fun / scary / exciting .........:scared::nervous:💡:cool::cheers:
 
No they are not snubbing Shelby because any Shelby that an employee could afford would be a Ford Shelby Mustang. That is not a cheap car to begin with so you still don't see many of them but the ones you do see are parked in the back away from everyone else. I doubt they would say anything if you had a Shelby Daytona Replica. Just like the Aston Martin nobody can afford one.
Hell I've never seen a Ford GT at this place and your definitely not going to see one of the new ones unless some high up CEO is driving one here from Michigan and even then it would be put inside the plant somewhere.

Ford would see Porsche as a huge rival but again not many people will spend that much on a 911 and drive it to work.
I can't imagine why they would view the most winning manufacturer of 24h of Le Man, 24h of Daytona, and 12h of Sebring as a huge rival.

The Porsche 718 Boxster / Cayman are to bad. As for the a Porsche 911 they are expensive but, are still cheaper than an Aston Martin. Aston Martin still hand builds their cars so they are very expensive.
 
Can you fill my spot in tonight's race? If you cant I will race to fill the field.
A race car driver would get in that car anyways.

Plus you can always start and park in the pits. You won't take as much of a points hit and you'll still get some money out of it.
 
Can you fill my spot in tonight's race? If you cant I will race to fill the field.

I'm one short now unless my other reserve come thru tonight. But still don't race if your not feeling good.


Rinsky, I think we tried in the past to do a Club vs Club event. I'm still wanting to do it if you are. If so let's make in happen this time. Would be fun.

Absolutely man I'm definitely down for it.
We might be able to get a few ARL guys to join in as well. You both are a great group of people and racers.


I truly hope your right about that its not nessasary to leave the car entirely to change the ABS , but iam pretty sure that it aint possible to do it that way , I would love to be wrong because then I have a new way to try and fix the issue/bug , so far I have just been puting it off or on week and then change it back to default , but its not every time it works sadly ....... see you all later , iam sure that tonights race is going to be fun / scary / exciting .........:scared::nervous:💡:cool::cheers:

If anyone would know it would be him. Have you ever seen the amount of races these guys put on. They only have like 25 different Series going on throughout the week..crazy busy.

I can't imagine why they would view the most winning manufacturer of 24h of Le Man, 24h of Daytona, and 12h of Sebring as a huge rival.

The Porsche 718 Boxster / Cayman are to bad. As for the a Porsche 911 they are expensive but, are still cheaper than an Aston Martin. Aston Martin still hand builds their cars so they are very expensive.

My new favorite car is the GT3 RS because what you get for the money is just insane. 150k will get you a car that will outrun 1mill cars. I was watching video of it destroying high dollar Ferrari's, Lamborghinis, McLaren's and even whipping up a few koenigsegg cars.
The New GT2 RS is even more of a beast but its 300k
 
Last edited:
Now I think I need to mention this. Daylight savings time starts tomorrow for me.
Because we have people from around the globe I'm not sure if this effects anyone for tonight. Normally we have some issues with this every year.
 
Back