MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,659 views
A race car driver would get in that car anyways.

Plus you can always start and park in the pits. You won't take as much of a points hit and you'll still get some money out of it.

If there wasnt a possibility of it affecting someone elses race I would probably do that, but I practiced some this morning, my driving was less than satisfactory. I am stricken with Influenza A strain and Bronchitis to add icing to that cake. Luckily I got a flu shot earlier this fall.
 
If there wasnt a possibility of it affecting someone elses race I would probably do that, but I practiced some this morning, my driving was less than satisfactory. I am stricken with Influenza A strain and Bronchitis to add icing to that cake. Luckily I got a flu shot earlier this fall.

OMG fastone371 that's not good.
I'm not allowing you to race tonight because you should be resting instead. Video games can wait and your health is far more important.
 
OMG fastone371 that's not good.
I'm not allowing you to race tonight because you should be resting instead. Video games can wait and your health is far more important.
I don't think he'll die from 1 hour 30 minute. Leave it up to him. I've ran races before sick. Nobody besides him will knows how bad he feels.
 
If there wasnt a possibility of it affecting someone elses race I would probably do that, but I practiced some this morning, my driving was less than satisfactory. I am stricken with Influenza A strain and Bronchitis to add icing to that cake. Luckily I got a flu shot earlier this fall.
Take some cold meds and something for headache that will buy a few hours. Don't take that will make you drowsy. You don't want to sick and tired while racing. Not a good combo.
 
Now I think I need to mention this. Daylight savings time starts tomorrow for me.
Because we have people from around the globe I'm not sure if this effects anyone for tonight. Normally we have some issues with this every year.
Yes, same here. You in central or eastern time zone?
 
How do you know if the ABS-bug is in effect? I might have had it during the race, my car felt very slidey during braking and after the race in the "member list" menu it said everyone had abs set to weak. Didn't do the trick to prevent it after the restart in qualifying.

Last 30 minutes of the race was like a nightmare for me, crashed twice and never fully recovered. Glad the race is over, well done to everyone who participated!

Thanks @Cold Warrior for hosting, and @Rinsky for organizing!
 
Wanted to apologize if I messed up anyone’s final qualifying lap. I honestly thought quali was over and forgot the timer lets you finish the lap at the end.
I was just lollygagging on the track and think I messed a couple of you up there maybe.
It wont happen again.
 
Any empty slots?

I'm so sorry man I didn't see your post but by the time stamp on your post qualifying had already started. Yes I had two spots open last night.
We start qualifying at 7:20 pm EST so if you ever see the lobby not filled with 16 players near that time just jump in. But if its after 7:20 the way we have it setup it won't let you race.
 
How do you know if the ABS-bug is in effect? I might have had it during the race, my car felt very slidey during braking and after the race in the "member list" menu it said everyone had abs set to weak. Didn't do the trick to prevent it after the restart in qualifying.

Last 30 minutes of the race was like a nightmare for me, crashed twice and never fully recovered. Glad the race is over, well done to everyone who participated!

Thanks @Cold Warrior for hosting, and @Rinsky for organizing!

Sorry to hear about your issues. I was wondering what happened to you. You were flying in Practice and looked dominant. Whatever this ‘ABS bug’ is, it’s simply unacceptable; WTF is going on. how can PD not fix it easily?

a big 👍 to bloodyboyblue and Jw_wk1010; I enjoyed the racing; I just couldnt keep it up over an entire 8 laps before my pace fell off and eventually you both got past easily.
It was still fun trying to work it out and race with you both. I need to work on tire management if i want to be able to compete with the likes of you guys. Well done.

and to herimopp, docbrown and mrracingline, great racing. I enjoy watching how you drive and your skills on track lap after lap. You’re all in another league to me, but its always fun racing with you. Congratulations on the victory herimopp! unbeaten in gr.4 so far this year. and thanks for the video.
we need to unplug you more often...:p
 
Tire wear wasn’t nearly as bad on the Subaru here as it was as Laguna, it was definitely still competitive, and the 1% horsepower boost was welcome even though it still won’t win many drag races.

I started the race doing my usual 3 stop strategy, but 9 laps was definitely too far, and had to drive too conservatively. Ended up crashing immediately after my first stop and pitting again for damage, which was kind of a blessing since it let me run to halfway and I decided to run the second half in 3 equal segments which were 7 laps. That was definitely the perfect stint length, I got my lap times down into the 2:12s and made back all the time I lost to mic and Jw when I crashed. Almost caught Jw again for 4th at the end but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I still had 3 seconds left on the 7.5 second penalty I got entering the pits earlier.

Should've been 4th and maybe raced for 3rd if I had a strategy figured out.

Had the ABS glitch during the beginning of qualifying but luckily got to back out and reset it before the race started.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on the victory herimopp! unbeaten in gr.4 so far this year. and thanks for the video.
we need to unplug you more often...:p

HAHA honestly that race fell into my lap with racing line getting damage at least once by lap traffic. But all in all it took me a little bit to get the handle on the new bop fr the Merc. it felt like a turd going up the mountain.
 
Sorry to hear about your issues. I was wondering what happened to you. You were flying in Practice and looked dominant. Whatever this ‘ABS bug’ is, it’s simply unacceptable; WTF is going on. how can PD not fix it easily?

Basically it changes from ABS default to weak when you enter the race, when qualifying starts or when the race starts, check member list when you enter the race and you will see if you have ABS weak or default (watch Herimopps stream at 5:43 to see three people having it before the race, but I think it changes when qualifying and/or the race starts). Seems to only affect lobby racing but I haven't driven enough Sport mode to know for sure.

Changing your ABS to off and driving to first sector and then changing back seems to fix it but I forgot when the restart happened. Race pace wasn't affected much since I don't really trailbrake during race to save tires, only places where I lost time was the "chicane" in the mountain and the following turns before the long straights were I had to be very careful with the brakes. However tire wear is worse since the tires slide more during braking. My two crashes weren't caused by the bug but I'm willing to test out different methods for preventing the bug.

If anyone wants to experiment in a lobby, tag me on here and I'll help out, you can't really do it on your own since you can't start the race.
 
HAHA honestly that race fell into my lap with racing line getting damage at least once by lap traffic. But all in all it took me a little bit to get the handle on the new bop fr the Merc. it felt like a turd going up the mountain.

Yeah you guys had a hell of a race but you are one tough person to beat in any car on any track. Now these guys get to see what I'm up against every Saturday in the ARL Gr.3 Series :cheers:

Congratulations by the way.

Edit: I should also mention this guy holds the 49th spot in the FIA. He is absolutely the true definition of an Alien.
 
Last edited:
Yeah you guys had a hell of a race but you are one tough person to beat in any car on any track. Now these guys get to see what I'm up against every Saturday in the ARL Gr.3 Series :cheers:

Congratulations by the way.

Edit: I should also mention this guy holds the 24th spot overall in the FIA. He is absolutely the true definition of an Alien.
Just double checked, he's 49th regional, but that's still freaking awesome!
 
Just double checked, he's 49th regional, but that's still freaking awesome!

Ok I was told wrong then but still that's impressive.
 
No @Rinsky you are correct but with the last two races i havent really had a good showing so dropped to 49th
 
I want to thank everyone for an incredible race last night. Sorry we couldn't get rid of the ABS bug for everyone. It's definitely a pain and we are learning as we go on how to do our best and stop it. If I need to change the way we qualify then I will if it helps.

Congratulations to our top 3 finishers
@Herimopp89
@SRT DK Racing
@docbrown40

Here are your points for last night's race and the overall totals. Drop points are marked in red. I will keep updating the main page as the night goes on.

pdf00001.png

pdf00001 (1).png

PS_Messages_20200308_181541.jpg
PS_Messages_20200308_181544.jpg
 
Last edited:
Basically it changes from ABS default to weak when you enter the race, when qualifying starts or when the race starts, check member list when you enter the race and you will see if you have ABS weak or default (watch Herimopps stream at 5:43 to see three people having it before the race, but I think it changes when qualifying and/or the race starts). Seems to only affect lobby racing but I haven't driven enough Sport mode to know for sure.

Changing your ABS to off and driving to first sector and then changing back seems to fix it but I forgot when the restart happened. Race pace wasn't affected much since I don't really trailbrake during race to save tires, only places where I lost time was the "chicane" in the mountain and the following turns before the long straights were I had to be very careful with the brakes. However tire wear is worse since the tires slide more during braking. My two crashes weren't caused by the bug but I'm willing to test out different methods for preventing the bug.

If anyone wants to experiment in a lobby, tag me on here and I'll help out, you can't really do it on your own since you can't start the race.

I dont race much, how long has the bug existed? did it get worse recently?
I recall Rinsky complaining about it when he hosts, but now everyone seems to see it and take measures to try to mitigate it. curious.
guess i’ll do a forum search.
 
Tire wear wasn’t nearly as bad on the Subaru here as it was as Laguna, it was definitely still competitive, and the 1% horsepower boost was welcome even though it still won’t win many drag races.

I started the race doing my usual 3 stop strategy, but 9 laps was definitely too far, and had to drive too conservatively. Ended up crashing immediately after my first stop and pitting again for damage, which was kind of a blessing since it let me run to halfway and I decided to run the second half in 3 equal segments which were 7 laps. That was definitely the perfect stint length, I got my lap times down into the 2:12s and made back all the time I lost to mic and Jw when I crashed. Almost caught Jw again for 4th at the end but it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I still had 3 seconds left on the 7.5 second penalty I got entering the pits earlier.

Should've been 4th and maybe raced for 3rd if I had a strategy figured out.

Had the ABS glitch during the beginning of qualifying but luckily got to back out and reset it before the race started.
I'm sorry inform but if you were looking for straightaway speed. The Subaru WRX was not a good choice. It has never been known for it's speed.
 
I dont race much, how long has the bug existed? did it get worse recently?
I recall Rinsky complaining about it when he hosts, but now everyone seems to see it and take measures to try to mitigate it. curious.
guess i’ll do a forum search.

According to the first thread made about it was posted on Dec 7th
It was around this time more and more people started having issues with it because it started affecting everyone. Like you said though I know I've had problems with it for well over a year now but only when I'm the host
 
I think I might have experienced that ABS glitch during an FIA race a Barcelona. But, I'm not 100% sure. I was struggling for traction throughout the race. I know Barcelona isn't the grippest track but, it seemed excessive during the race.

It has not effect me in lobbies yet though. Mount Panorama is just not a good place for controller drivers. I didn't expect to do well this race.
 
Last edited:
I'll use it as my excuse in Laguna Seca too. :dopey:
 
I'll use it as my excuse in Laguna Seca too. :dopey:
I thought you were a wheel driver. What you wheel finally died? I thought you were going back to the controller.

Anyways there are certain tracks that wheel drivers more of an advantage than others. Mount Panorama is one of these places. Controller drivers lose a lot time over the mountain.
 
I think I might have experienced that ABS glitch during an FIA race a Barcelona. But, I'm not 100% sure. I was struggling for traction throughout the race. I know Barcelona isn't the grippest track but, it seemed excessive during the race.

It has not effect me in lobbies yet though. Mount Panorama is just not a good place for controller drivers. I didn't expect to do well this race.

I've now heard more & more people say that if you click on the lobby members list and that shows everyone has ABS on Weak or Disabled you have the bug. If this works before you start the qualifying/race then that will change everything...hopefully. If you can only check this after you have started the qualifying/race and need to back out for a restart then it just becomes a good backup tool because you should know the second the qualifying/race begins that your car is does not feel the same to you.


I thought you were a wheel driver. What you wheel finally died? I thought you were going back to the controller.

Anyways there are certain tracks that wheel drivers more of an advantage than others. Mount Panorama is one of these places. Controller drivers lose a lot time over the mountain.

You are correct about the controller being slower here because I remember controller those days.

I was only on one since the first GT was released up until one year ago but I absolutely 100% do not regret going to a wheel. It completely changed the way I played and approached this game.
 
I've now heard more & more people say that if you click on the lobby members list and that shows everyone has ABS on Weak or Disabled you have the bug. If this works before you start the qualifying/race then that will change everything...hopefully. If you can only check this after you have started the qualifying/race and need to back out for a restart then it just becomes a good backup tool because you should know the second the qualifying/race begins that your car is does not feel the same to you.




You are correct about the controller being slower here because I remember controller those days.

I was only on one since the first GT was released up until one year ago but I absolutely 100% do not regret going to a wheel. It completely changed the way I played and approached this game.
I sorry I didn't get a chance to respond. I bowl on Monday nights. So I focused on that. This season done April 6th.
I'll use it as my excuse in Laguna Seca too. :dopey:
As of for Laguna Seca. It is possible your Gr.4 Aston Martin just doesn't suit Laguna Seca. Car performance matters a lot there. It's a strange place for what suits well and what doesn't.
 
I sorry I didn't get a chance to respond. I bowl on Monday nights. So I focused on that. This season done April 6th.

As of for Laguna Seca. It is possible your Gr.4 Aston Martin just doesn't suit Laguna Seca. Car performance matters a lot there. It's a strange place for what suits well and what doesn't.

I have driven a couple cars here and I cam tell you that it's also a drivers track...you need to have that mentality to push but not to hard...in another series I threw away a win by over 25 seconds because I pushed. I have driven the gr3 bmw "m power" the beetle and the Mercedes cars there...along with a slew of others...I can tell you the car doesn't matter as much as you think it does.

Either or Laguna is one of my favorite tracks in this game hand down along with bathurst. Something about the flow of the track that makes it so fun
 
Back