MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,724 views
I thought you were a wheel driver. What you wheel finally died? I thought you were going back to the controller.

Anyways there are certain tracks that wheel drivers more of an advantage than others. Mount Panorama is one of these places. Controller drivers lose a lot time over the mountain.
Wheels have an advantage at every track. The only advantage controllers have is in dirty racing/cat and mouse, which is the best kind of racing.
 
I have driven a couple cars here and I cam tell you that it's also a drivers track...you need to have that mentality to push but not to hard...in another series I threw away a win by over 25 seconds because I pushed. I have driven the gr3 bmw "m power" the beetle and the Mercedes cars there...along with a slew of others...I can tell you the car doesn't matter as much as you think it does.

Either or Laguna is one of my favorite tracks in this game hand down along with bathurst. Something about the flow of the track that makes it so fun
Do you Mount Panorama or Laguna Seca?

Because I've been racing at Laguna Seca since Gran Turismo 2. I have more experience at Laguna Seca than any other track on this.

Yes it is a driver's track too but, car also matters. Not always by lap time but, under race conditions it can really matter. In particular of how easy or difficult it is to make passes or defending your position.
 
Wheels have an advantage at every track. The only advantage controllers have is in dirty racing/cat and mouse, which is the best kind of racing.
Yes, wheels have an advantage at every track but, it's greater at some tracks than others.

What is cat and mouse?
 
Wheels have an advantage at every track. The only advantage controllers have is in dirty racing/cat and mouse, which is the best kind of racing.

I think with default ABS you can also stop in a shorter distance with the DS4 than with a wheel/pedals.
 
I'm talking about Laguna...the only thing a car has is how comfortable you are in said car. The cars them selves dont make a big difference. Laguna is a track that rewards consistency not speed
 
Yes, wheels have an advantage at every track but, it's greater at some tracks than others.

What is cat and mouse?
I’ve also come to notice tire wear has less of an effect on players using a wheel as well.

C&M is the greatest game you will ever play. Drivers are divided from anywhere between 2 to 5 teams. Each team has one mouse (a really slow car like a Fiat 500) and an equal amount of cats (faster cars like a Mustang). The goal is to get your mouse to finish before any of the other mice by any means possible.
 
@Herimopp89 I don’t know how you’ve gotten so fast the last few months. I remember back in the good old days we used to be about the same speed and I could beat you sometimes.

I can only blame the physics updates so much :sick:

To me this should be great motivation to do the same. If I get a good qualifying position most of the time I can run with @Herimopp89 for a short period and that has given me a positive attitude on my progress. But he is smooth, rarely makes mistakes and knows how to pickup those extra tenths per lap that don't. So over the course of a 45 to 90 minute race I'm eventually left far behind.
I'm happy with my progress but I have a long way to go...now only if I could transfer some of this in our series because I seem to suck in my own race. :lol::lol::lol:
 
@Herimopp89 I don’t know how you’ve gotten so fast the last few months. I remember back in the good old days we used to be about the same speed and I could beat you sometimes.

I can only blame the physics updates so much :sick:

Oh man trust me I am sure you can still whoop my butt in some races. For some reason that track and car combo I always seem to enjoy.

To me this should be great motivation to do the same. If I get a good qualifying position most of the time I can run with @Herimopp89 for a short period and that has given me a positive attitude on my progress. But he is smooth, rarely makes mistakes and knows how to pickup those extra tenths per lap that don't. So over the course of a 45 to 90 minute race I'm eventually left far behind.
I'm happy with my progress but I have a long way to go...now only if I could transfer some of this in our series because I seem to suck in my own race. :lol::lol::lol:

In all honestly if you could see what is going on through my mind during a race you would go crazy. I am constantly changing something during the race. I am constantly trying to a better way though each and every turn brake a little deeper here and there try to go flat out here. What it all comes down too is being consistent. Just run your race and let it come to you, when you try to push to hard is when you make stupid mistakes that can cost a lot of time during a race not to mention positions. then after that you try to push even harder to make up for lost time using up the car and tires way to much.

Everything you guys say about me is humbling honestly but I am not that fast there are still guys out there that will smoke my doors off.
 
In all honestly if you could see what is going on through my mind during a race you would go crazy. I am constantly changing something during the race. I am constantly trying to a better way though each and every turn brake a little deeper here and there try to go flat out here. What it all comes down too is being consistent. Just run your race and let it come to you, when you try to push to hard is when you make stupid mistakes that can cost a lot of time during a race not to mention positions. then after that you try to push even harder to make up for lost time using up the car and tires way to much.

Everything you guys say about me is humbling honestly but I am not that fast there are still guys out there that will smoke my doors off.


Everyone is beatable by someone else in this game and I feel without that fact the game wouldn't be nearly as fun.

So you were saying how your consistently changing something during the race and this reminds me of a YouTube video I seen not long ago of a top FIA driver (I don't remember who) showing his race routine.
This person would adjust his brake balance for every single corner on the track.
So T1 he might set his balance 2 to the front then T2 might be 3 to the rear and he did this lap after lap adjusting it every single turn.
Now to me that's just playing at another level altogether.
I will set my balance up for the start of the race and then slowly adjust it as tire wear become an issue but to keep adjusting your balance for every turn for an entire race and know exactly where it needs to be while still being able to focus on the race itself and your surroundings is completely amazing to me.
Just when you think you might have this game figured out someone else shows you that your not even close..lol
 
To, @Rinsky @Infineon @micantony @Jw_wk1010 @GTP_Guido @Herimopp89 @docbrown40 @fastone371 @Racer283 @WhiteFlight1 @SRT DK Racing @T5Black @TexasJDC @bloodyboyblue @Standard_FV @DesertPenguin
@bigbeefytaco @Tall Paul @llNovall @HygradeB

Well because of this coronavirus outbreak. Petty much all the world's motor races and events being canceled for weeks to months. And even those other inferior sports are letting us down. Some of us aren't even allowed to leave the house.

While I feel bad for the people affected. So I figured some us fans of racing need something to do. This is an idea I have had for a while and I spent my Friday testing it.

Saturday March 21st I will be hosting the Gran Turismo classic 200 mile race at Laguna Seca. Do to the track's low average speed. I have selected Group C only Gr.1 (1992 and Older) no exceptions. Cars will ran with BOP. The Gr.1 BOP not the best in this class but, don't I have time to make. And Tuning will allowed.

Laguna Seca is well known for hosting historic car events so I thought this would be a great fit. Including historic prototypes events.

Interest in the race will determine whether or not lobby public or private. Being only a week most likely public.

I'm tried to schedule around some of the FIA Races in my region. The lobby should shortly open after the FIA 6pm slots race is finished. And it should finish long before the 11:20pm time slots. I can't guarantee the 10pm slot.

Race Date and Time:
Saturday March 21st, 2020

Room Opens for Practice 7pm EDST
Grid Set 7:50pm EDST
Race Start 8pm EDST

EDST = Eastern Daylight Savings Time

Grid will be set by host based on practice times. Anyone who doesn't set a time before 7:50pm will start in the rear of the field.

More details in forum.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-21st-lobby-opens-7pm-race-starts-8pm.389789/
 
Interlagos

April 4th


Class Gr.3
1.5 hour endurance race
Track: Interlagos
10 minute in game qualifying session
Track Time 16:45
Fastest First set by host
Class BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run their Manufacturer
Race Medium / Race Softs
Fuel x3 & Tire wear x6
No assist but ABS
TC on for Gr.3 class only
>
Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No wall penalties with Heavy Damage
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Standing - False Starts
For Gr.3 Class only


Qualifying Settings for Interlagos

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear for Gr.3 is x10
Qualifying fuel rate is same as race
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.


Everyone must be in their cars and ready to go at 7:20pm because once qualifying is started you will not be able to join in the lobby anymore.


Qualifying Rules


GTS now offers in game qualifying but there are still some rules that need to be applied on top of that for our Series.

1. No Pitting -
Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires.
If you come into the pits during qualifying then you must remain there until the race begins.

2. OutLap -
Fuel Burning or Tire Saving must only be done under the OutLap.
You must be up to race speed at the end of your OutLap and then for the remainder of your qualifying session. Anyone not able to keep race speeds can pull off the track and sit in their cars until qualifying is over. Do not leave your car.

3. Do not leave your car -
Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or your car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race.
Game will not let anyone join in once the qualifying session has started.
​
 
Last edited:
Interlagos

April 4th


Class Gr.3
1.5 hour endurance race
Track: Interlagos
10 minute in game qualifying session
Track Time TBA
Fastest First set by host
Class BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run their Manufacturer
Race Medium / Race Softs
Fuel x3 & Tire wear x8
No assist but ABS
TC on for Gr.3 class only
>
Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No wall penalties with Heavy Damage
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Standing - False Starts
For Gr.3 Class only


Qualifying Settings for Interlagos

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear for Gr.3 is x10
Qualifying fuel rate is same as race
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.


Everyone must be in their cars and ready to go at 7:20pm because once qualifying is started you will not be able to join in the lobby anymore.


Qualifying Rules


GTS now offers in game qualifying but there are still some rules that need to be applied on top of that for our Series.

1. No Pitting -
Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires.
If you come into the pits during qualifying then you must remain there until the race begins.

2. OutLap -
Fuel Burning or Tire Saving must only be done under the OutLap.
You must be up to race speed at the end of your OutLap and then for the remainder of your qualifying session. Anyone not able to keep race speeds can pull off the track and sit in their cars until qualifying is over. Do not leave your car.

3. Do not leave your car -
Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or your car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race.
Game will not let anyone join in once the qualifying session has started.
​

I ran my GR3 RS01 at Brazil last weekend, that car/track combo is very tricky for some reason.
 
I ran my GR3 RS01 at Brazil last weekend, that car/track combo is very tricky for some reason.

This seems to be another one of those tracks that you either hate it or love it with no middle ground.

How are you feeling?
 
I ran my GR3 RS01 at Brazil last weekend, that car/track combo is very tricky for some reason.
The Gr.3 Renault RS01 is one of the more difficult cars to drive in the class. The back feels like it wants come around in the slow corners. It drives similar to the Audi R8 which is why I'm not a fan either car. But I love the handling R8 road car. I just wish they would give us the 5.2 model back.

Then again I've never been a fan cars that are converted from 4WD to 2WD. While some conversations are better than others. You always tell no matter how much they try mask it. That the car was never meant to a 2WD car. There is always that feeling that there is just something missing.
 
This seems to be another one of those tracks that you either hate it or love it with no middle ground.

How are you feeling?

I am fully recovered finally, just finishing up the last of my antibiotics, they give me a terrible taste in my mouth, that or I eat cat turds while sleepwalking. :indiff::indiff:
Thanks for asking.
Also had 4 nights with awful chills and sweats, I would wake up and just my arms and head would be soaked, it was really weird.
 
I am fully recovered finally, just finishing up the last of my antibiotics, they give me a terrible taste in my mouth, that or I eat cat turds while sleepwalking. :indiff::indiff:
Thanks for asking.
Also had 4 nights with awful chills and sweats, I would wake up and just my arms and head would be soaked, it was really weird.
Wonder if they gave you that same antibiotics that they use to me. When I a lot when I sick all the time as kid.

I can't remember name but, I still that horrible taste.

It was white gritty liquid that smells deceivingly good. The initial taste isn't to bad but, it's that horrible aftertaste it would leave in your throat. And that aftertaste lasted for hours no matter what I ate or drank to try to cover the taste it stay. And the worst part was it was a twice a day antibiotics. By the time aftertaste actually went away. It was time to take the next dose.

My parents as expected never believe at first. Eventually at some point they both accidentally got taste. Neither questioned my complaining after.

This antibiotic eventually is what motivated me to move away from liquid medications.
 
I am fully recovered finally, just finishing up the last of my antibiotics, they give me a terrible taste in my mouth, that or I eat cat turds while sleepwalking. :indiff::indiff:
Thanks for asking.
Also had 4 nights with awful chills and sweats, I would wake up and just my arms and head would be soaked, it was really weird.

Glad you are feeling better and that it also wasn't the Kung Flu. 👍
 
Wonder if they gave you that same antibiotics that they use to me. When I a lot when I sick all the time as kid.

I can't remember name but, I still that horrible taste.

It was white gritty liquid that smells deceivingly good. The initial taste isn't to bad but, it's that horrible aftertaste it would leave in your throat. And that aftertaste lasted for hours no matter what I ate or drank to try to cover the taste it stay. And the worst part was it was a twice a day antibiotics. By the time aftertaste actually went away. It was time to take the next dose.

My parents as expected never believe at first. Eventually at some point they both accidentally got taste. Neither questioned my complaining after.

This antibiotic eventually is what motivated me to move away from liquid medications.


They put me on Biaxin, it's a tablet. I was on it many years ago when I went to Mexico, its photosensitive and I got sun poisoning on my feet.
 
Last edited:
The Gr.3 Renault RS01 is one of the more difficult cars to drive in the class. The back feels like it wants come around in the slow corners. It drives similar to the Audi R8 which is why I'm not a fan either car. But I love the handling R8 road car. I just wish they would give us the 5.2 model back at Brazil.

Then again I've never been a fan cars that are converted from 4WD to 2WD. While some conversations are better than others. You always tell no matter how much they try mask it. That the car was never meant to a 2WD car. There is always that feeling that there is just something missing.

I drive that car a lot, I usually like it but I think it's all the slow corners here that make it problematic.
 
They put me on Biaxin, it's a tablet. I was only on it many years ago when I went to Mexico, its photosensitive and I got sun poisoning on my feet.
Yap according to my Mom's memory which is sadly better than mine. That is brand name of the antibiotic. I remember taking the tablets a few times too.

They still have the taste but, at least it doesn't coat your mouth and throat in that wonderfully horrible flavor for hours.

Liquid version should be considered a method of torture. Evil pharmaceutical monthly front cover stuff.
 
Interlagos

April 4th


Class Gr.3
1.5 hour endurance race
Track: Interlagos
10 minute in game qualifying session
Track Time 16:45
Fastest First set by host
Class BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run their Manufacturer
Race Medium / Race Softs
Fuel x3 & Tire wear x6
No assist but ABS
TC on for Gr.3 class only
>
Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No wall penalties with Heavy Damage
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Standing - False Starts
For Gr.3 Class only


Qualifying Settings for Interlagos

Qualifying is 10 minutes
Qualifying tire wear for Gr.3 is x10
Qualifying fuel rate is same as race
Race starts automatically after all qualifying timers are up.
The tire compound you use for qualifying will carry over for the race.


Everyone must be in their cars and ready to go at 7:20pm because once qualifying is started you will not be able to join in the lobby anymore.


Qualifying Rules


GTS now offers in game qualifying but there are still some rules that need to be applied on top of that for our Series.

1. No Pitting -
Under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to pit during the 10 minute qualifier. This includes for damage or tires.
If you come into the pits during qualifying then you must remain there until the race begins.

2. OutLap -
Fuel Burning or Tire Saving must only be done under the OutLap.
You must be up to race speed at the end of your OutLap and then for the remainder of your qualifying session. Anyone not able to keep race speeds can pull off the track and sit in their cars until qualifying is over. Do not leave your car.

3. Do not leave your car -
Starting the qualifying session is the same as starting the race and if for any reason you leave the track or your car the game will not let you rejoin. After qualifying is over it automatically goes straight into the race.
Game will not let anyone join in once the qualifying session has started.
​

The tire multiplier has been lowered to x6
 
Last edited:
The tire multiplier has been lowered to x6
I case you didn't notice. I also picked the track time that too. A nice a cloudy afternoon
16:45 time slot.
 
Ford along with all the automakers in the US have shutdown all production until March 30th.

Guess I'm on a mini vacation.
 
Ford along with all the automakers in the US have shutdown all production until March 30th.

Guess I'm on a mini vacation.

Is it a paid vacation from the firm or on your own account ? my guess would be that its on your own account , if so , that totally biiiiiip word ......
 
Ford along with all the automakers in the US have shutdown all production until March 30th.

Guess I'm on a mini vacation.
Enjoy your vacation of not much to do but, to sit at home. I guess you can work to get some of the 10 million credits and up cars back in GT Sport.

So am I the only one who feels this coronavirus thing has been blown a little out of proportion. It's not like there is a horde of zombies limping around outside.
 
Back