MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,630 views
So am I the only one who feels this coronavirus thing has been blown a little out of proportion. It's not like there is a horde of zombies limping around outside.
No, and that's part of the problem. This needs to be taken seriously but there are even people that think it's a hoax.
 
No, and that's part of the problem. This needs to be taken seriously but there are even people that think it's a hoax.

In all honesty yea it is blown way out of proportion...working in the healthcare feild I can tell you I have never seem it like this at all,

And I have been around the healthcare for 15 years. Honestly it's a virus if you get it you get it nothing you can or can't do. I am so over it already.
 
No, and that's part of the problem. This needs to be taken seriously but there are even people that think it's a hoax.
What you really think I'm not update. I'm paying attention, I'm just not an idiot.

Most of the people who are dying from the coronavirus are people with already weakened immune systems. With already existing health problems. Out current reported 218,206 cases. Only 8,937 deaths vs 84,383 recovered. Most people who get will be fine.

I'm far more concerned with economic repercussions all the shutdowns will cause. For people and businesses. Not everyone can afford to be out of work weeks or months.

Our government is currently considering helping out with that problem but, these pleasantries will probably be called off as soon there are signs of what they consider as improvement. And some of these people may not have a job to back too.

Then theirs all crazies clearing out all the stores. Toilet paper and hand sanitizers becoming a myth. Place are having to close early to restock shelves with ever supplies they have. The demand for the popular items are beyond the manufacturers and or warehouses can handle. Hospitals are lose out medical on supply wars to Walmarts.

I'm well aware of what's going. There just not much for me too do but, to sit at home and watch these madness unfold.
 
My parents are over 60 and my dad just got over pneumonia so I'm taking it a bit more seriously.
Oh, and Mom a lot of health problems and she thinks everyone is crazy.
 
What you really think I'm not update. I'm paying attention, I'm just not an idiot.

Most of the people who are dying from the coronavirus are people with already weakened immune systems. With already existing health problems. Out current reported 218,206 cases. Only 8,937 deaths vs 84,383 recovered. Most people who get will be fine.

I'm far more concerned with economic repercussions all the shutdowns will cause. For people and businesses. Not everyone can afford to be out of work weeks or months.

Our government is currently considering helping out with that problem but, these pleasantries will probably be called off as soon there are signs of what they consider as improvement. And some of these people may not have a job to back too.

Then theirs all crazies clearing out all the stores. Toilet paper and hand sanitizers becoming a myth. Place are having to close early to restock shelves with ever supplies they have. The demand for the popular items are beyond the manufacturers and or warehouses can handle. Hospitals are lose out medical on supply wars to Walmarts.

I'm well aware of what's going. There just not much for me too do but, to sit at home and watch these madness unfold.

so you feel a 4% death rate (based on your figures above of cases vs deaths) is "fine"?

Meaning if a mere1% of the population catches this "cold", in the US that would only mean 130,000 deaths. Do I have that about right?
 
Is it a paid vacation from the firm or on your own account ? my guess would be that its on your own account , if so , that totally biiiiiip word ......

It will be paid.


Enjoy your vacation of not much to do but, to sit at home. I guess you can work to get some of the 10 million credits and up cars back in GT Sport.

So am I the only one who feels this coronavirus thing has been blown a little out of proportion. It's not like there is a horde of zombies limping around outside.

I definitely think the way this virus is spreading and how easily its transmitted is something everyone should take extremely seriously and do everything in your power to help stop it.

The fear and panic from everyone is completely overblown as this is not something that's going to wipe out humanity but that's exactly how everyone is acting.

My parents are both over 70 with underlying health issues so I'm definitely taking this seriously for their sake.
 
so you feel a 4% death rate (based on your figures above of cases vs deaths) is "fine"?

Meaning if a mere1% of the population catches this "cold", in the US that would only mean 130,000 deaths. Do I have that about right?
Honestly a 4% percent chance of death sounds pretty good to me. There are conditions, diseases, and viruses with far higher mortality rates than 4%. The world doesn't come to stop for those. Anyone remember H1 N1 or the more recent Ebola viruses that went around.

What about all those other random diseases and viruses that show up in Africa every few years. We just send down a few scientists and donate a $1 when go grocery shopping. Well if your feeling generous. And then one rich guy who sends 1 million dollars just to make himself look good. Remember it's for the children.

By the way what do think will happen the entire world's economy crumbles from everything shutting down. Try looking up the great depression for some ideas. Which by the way a lot of people died because of.

Here it another interesting figure for you. There is about 7,771,835,??? humans currently on planet. With about 367,??? Births about 154,??? Deaths and a population growth 213,???. We schedule to pass 8 billion sometime in 2023.

What happens when the population grows to big to stained itself. And for the record we a long ways away from colonizing another planet.
 
Just curious Cold Warrior, how old are you/what do you do for a living?
 
It will be paid.




I definitely think the way this virus is spreading and how easily its transmitted is something everyone should take extremely seriously and do everything in your power to help stop it.

The fear and panic from everyone is completely overblown as this is not something that's going to wipe out humanity but that's exactly how everyone is acting.

My parents are both over 70 with underlying health issues so I'm definitely taking this seriously for their sake.
I've lost count on my mother's health conditions. My Dad's not to yet. It's not that I not concerned.

But, at the same time we shutdown everything putting people out work. Not everyone is getting paid for it. You're lucky in that sense. But, all these shutdowns could ruin all the small business. Who afford this downtime.

This could completely destroy the global economy which will cause far death than this virus.
 
Just curious Cold Warrior, how old are you/what do you do for a living?
I'm currently 29. My birthday is July 25th. I live Allentown, PA, US. You could have just clicked on picture to find that out. Except my Birthday. I don't think I can make that public.

As for employment. I currently do nothing productive. I have a lot of health issues of my own which makes difficult it to find employment.

Some these health problems I was born with. Some of these health problems were cause from years of taking antibiotics. Because I used sick all time as kid.

I had my tonsils removed when I was 8. No I don't have my tonsils in jar in my room. I was never asked if I would like to keep them. They are probably in some landfill.

Became blind enough for classes when I was 10. Right at the end of 5th grade. That was fun.

I have lived through both Pneumonia and the H1 N1 virus during the of that epidemic I was 19. I don't remember what age I was for with the Pneumonia. I know I in Middle School when I had it. Pneumonia being the worst of the two. I remember my fever got to the point one day.

By the way I don't still remember the world stopping for the H1 N1 Virus. Where the was my world ending virus stand still?
 
Last edited:
I had pneumonia too back in my late 20's, had a fever of 104.5 by the time I got to the ER. This virus is bad but either there is something we are not being told or they are blowing it way out of proportion. This is going to cripple the economy for long time. It's nice to see gas at $1.79 but soon the spigots will be tightened up because nobody is driving and that will probably lead to gas prices of $5-$6 per gallon on the backside of this. When this ends even if it only lasts for month many businesses will close and many, many people will be out of jobs. The airlines already said they will need to be bailed out only days into this pandemic, this is really, really bad.
 
The important thing, like with pretty much anything in life is to deal with the situation logically and do everything in your power to take all the precautions in your life and the life of your loved ones, and that’s really all you can do. It’s not worth getting stressed or panicking about stuff you can’t control.

And yes, the economic repercussions around the world are going to be unpleasant, all of 2020 is a wash at this point.
 
I had pneumonia too back in my late 20's, had a fever of 104.5 by the time I got to the ER. This virus is bad but either there is something we are not being told or they are blowing it way out of proportion. This is going to cripple the economy for long time. It's nice to see gas at $1.79 but soon the spigots will be tightened up because nobody is driving and that will probably lead to gas prices of $5-$6 per gallon on the backside of this. When this ends even if it only lasts for month many businesses will close and many, many people will be out of jobs. The airlines already said they will need to be bailed out only days into this pandemic, this is really, really bad.
I was only in the 1st stage when it was confirmed. So I actually managed to get through my Pneumonia at home with my parents being in regular contact with my doctor for updates on my conditions. I can very close to having to be hospitalized before my fever started drop. I was out of school for 2 weeks because of it. Then I had to make up all that school work.

By as a comparison. Pneumonia has a mortality rate of 30% vs Covid 19 estimated 4%.

I also remember being told by my doctor that if I ever get Pneumonia again in my future. It will be more severe than the first time.

Not being told something. Are you kidding. The government never keeps secrets.

Honestly what they are telling you is how this actually ends or at least how it slows down. There's is currently no vaccine for this virus to artificially build antibodies. Since this show up abruptly. The world of science was unprepared and now researching the virus as fast as they possibly can. But a vaccine is a long way away from made. Let alone being able to mass produce one.

Unfortunately this means the only the only can people will build antibodies is the natural way. Take a guess what that is. Quote: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

They main reason for all these shutdowns is to keep the spreading low enough that hospitals can manage all the sick.
The important thing, like with pretty much anything in life is to deal with the situation logically and do everything in your power to take all the precautions in your life and the life of your loved ones, and that’s really all you can do. It’s not worth getting stressed or panicking about stuff you can’t control.

And yes, the economic repercussions around the world are going to be unpleasant, all of 2020 is a wash at this point.
And I thank you for being a another voice reason. There aren't many right now.

Yes, take precautions. And if do get don't be dumb. Go to doctor. Don't want wait until it's to much from them too control. That's way some of these people are dying.

Oh never try online home remedies unless a doctor okays it. Only go to those websites for amusement. Rarely are they helpful. In most cases the remedy will just be a time and products. In some cases they may do just as much if more harm than you are sick with.

Yes sometimes I look through them for amusement. I'm sure it makes me a terrible person but, I can't prevent stupid. So I choose to enjoy it. And my personal favorite remedy so for Covid 19 so far is. Drink bleach to kill the virus. Yes that is a real suggestion that one our follow humans came up with.

As for the incoming economic disaster. I don't know of anytime in human history were the entire world shutdown like this. A few individual countries but, not everything. Some companies are already asking for a bail out. And it's just the beginning. The economic repercussions will be far worse than that little recession had at the end the 2000s. And it going to take years to recover.
 
I still have 7 openings for my race today. For anyone who has nothing else better to do. Don't be afraid to join.
 
I'm open for anyone who has nothing to do. I'm setting the Grid at 7:50pm. Race Starts at 8pm. Laguna Seca 200 miles. Gr.1 1992 and older.
 
Where is everyone? Stay at home order doesn't mean radio silent. I'm sure many of you have nothing better to do either. Yet no one has posted anything for more than week now. You want get the coronavirus through the internet.

Our next race is in a week. I hope everyone remembers and has been practicing.
 
Practice whats that? I will be 100% honest I really don't practice for non tuned leagues. I try to use the time before the actual race starts and use that as practice...
 
Practice whats that? I will be 100% honest I really don't practice for non tuned leagues. I try to use the time before the actual race starts and use that as practice...
Finally there is a sign of life on this forum.

You can still learn something from practicing. Even without tuning.
 
It's not unusual for things to be silent on here every once and awhile.
 
Yeah but, this time most of us are stuck at home with nothing to do.
 
And this time I'm working 55 to 60 hrs a week while everyone is at home
 
Yeah I'm laid off until April 12th as of now... ready for life to get back to normal again.
 
Yeah I'm laid off until April 12th as of now... ready for life to get back to normal again.

I'm furloughed till everything can go back to normal. I'm looking forward for everything to return to normal. @Rinsky feel free to join us for COTW.
 
I'm furloughed till everything can go back to normal. I'm looking forward for everything to return to normal. @Rinsky feel free to join us for COTW.

I'm definitely ready for Normal again. 👍
What time does the lobby open up on Wednesday night?
The later the better.
 
I'm definitely ready for Normal again. 👍
What time does the lobby open up on Wednesday night?
The later the better.

It's Tuesday night at 10PM CST.
 
Are you guys not having server trouble? Each of the last 2 weekends around 11:00 AM CST I lose my internet connection on GTS even though my internet works for everything else. One would think that since Polyphony wants more players judging by their penalty setting choices that they would at least have the server capacity to handle the extra players.
 
Are you guys not having server trouble? Each of the last 2 weekends around 11:00 AM CST I lose my internet connection on GTS even though my internet works for everything else. One would think that since Polyphony wants more players judging by their penalty setting choices that they would at least have the server capacity to handle the extra players.


I haven't noticed any problems on GTS. I was on late last night and I just now logged on today.
 
Are you guys not having server trouble? Each of the last 2 weekends around 11:00 AM CST I lose my internet connection on GTS even though my internet works for everything else. One would think that since Polyphony wants more players judging by their penalty setting choices that they would at least have the server capacity to handle the extra players.
I haven't had a problem yet but, I know some other people. And it's just Gran Turismo. Since almost everyone is stuck at home of the stupid virus. Which nothing else to do. Everyone is on the internet at once. Internet providers and other internet based sources are being pushed to limits and beyond.

Someone internet provider are having to reduce quality just to keep up with their demands. Some of my other PSN friends have told me. The Gran Turismo has gotten to the point at certain times a day. Where players couldn't open new lobbies because all the servers were used up.

All I can tell you do is to try resetting your internet. And delete your temporary data (aka cache) on Gran Turismo or any other game with the option. To reduce internet strain.
 
Back