MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,632 views
Now there was some reading to do.

Fortunately to this point my employment has remained the same, working 50 to 60 hours a week. I am in the manufacturing field. So long as we can keep steel coming in we will continue. I hate to think about people that can't work because of this situation. Hopefully this delaying technique will keep the strain from impacting the hospitals all at once.

Now back to the point of why I came here. Hopefully the next race goes well with few disconnects. Also hope that there will be a slot open for me to fill.

Paul.
 
I haven't had a problem yet but, I know some other people. And it's just Gran Turismo. Since almost everyone is stuck at home of the stupid virus. Which nothing else to do. Everyone is on the internet at once. Internet providers and other internet based sources are being pushed to limits and beyond.

Someone internet provider are having to reduce quality just to keep up with their demands. Some of my other PSN friends have told me. The Gran Turismo has gotten to the point at certain times a day. Where players couldn't open new lobbies because all the servers were used up.

All I can tell you do is to try resetting your internet. And delete your temporary data (aka cache) on Gran Turismo or any other game with the option. To reduce internet strain.

I'm sure it's a GTS server problem, I have had no problems with anything internet related. On Saturday around 11AM CST not only could I not race online but I couldnt even log in because the game couldnt connect to the internet yet the Playstation had a good internet signal.
I forget what update it was that this other thing started happening but it was probably around a year ago. When I turn the game on sometime around 10 minutes later my TV screen goes black and sound goes out but the the game will continue to run for about 15 seconds, I have to press the pause button so I dont crash.
 
Now there was some reading to do.

Fortunately to this point my employment has remained the same, working 50 to 60 hours a week. I am in the manufacturing field. So long as we can keep steel coming in we will continue. I hate to think about people that can't work because of this situation. Hopefully this delaying technique will keep the strain from impacting the hospitals all at once.

Now back to the point of why I came here. Hopefully the next race goes well with few disconnects. Also hope that there will be a slot open for me to fill.

Paul.
Be glad you're still employed. There are a lot people that aren't.

While this stay at home strategy will hopefully reduce the number case at some point. I don't know how long can keep it up economy wise.

We are still long way from a vaccine. One of the companies said they may be ready to start human testing by September. And if those tests go well. They can a vaccine ready by early 2021. Meaning will be at least a year before a vaccine is ready.

Keep the economy down for that long is not realistic. There are so many people out of work. So many businesses losing money everyday. Most these people and businesses are going to run out more money long before get a vaccine. And the governments can afford to keep bailing everyone out. We will have to open prematurely at some point.

They only good news I have heard so far is that there is no reported repeat cases Covid 19 yet. If those who survive become immune or resist the virus. Heard immunity might be possible or a least reduce how easy virus can spread.
 
I'm sure it's a GTS server problem, I have had no problems with anything internet related. On Saturday around 11AM CST not only could I not race online but I couldnt even log in because the game couldnt connect to the internet yet the Playstation had a good internet signal.
I forget what update it was that this other thing started happening but it was probably around a year ago. When I turn the game on sometime around 10 minutes later my TV screen goes black and sound goes out but the the game will continue to run for about 15 seconds, I have to press the pause button so I dont crash.
Trust me it's not only Gran Turismo. A lot companies are having problems keeping up with demand. Even if signal is strong your connection may not be.
 
Be glad you're still employed. There are a lot people that aren't.

While this stay at home strategy will hopefully reduce the number case at some point. I don't know how long can keep it up economy wise.

We are still long way from a vaccine. One of the companies said they may be ready to start human testing by September. And if those tests go well. They can a vaccine ready by early 2021. Meaning will be at least a year before a vaccine is ready.

Keep the economy down for that long is not realistic. There are so many people out of work. So many businesses losing money everyday. Most these people and businesses are going to run out more money long before get a vaccine. And the governments can afford to keep bailing everyone out. We will have to open prematurely at some point.

They only good news I have heard so far is that there is no reported repeat cases Covid 19 yet. If those who survive become immune or resist the virus. Heard immunity might be possible or a least reduce how easy virus can spread.


Yes I am very fortunate. One of the things we make are parts to hospital beds, another is surgical scrub stations. So that puts us in the essential grouping.

It's surprising that Ford isn't in that category for ventilators. Maybe only certain plants are switching over to that.

The next few weeks will be telling as to how this goes.
 
Yes I am very fortunate. One of the things we make are parts to hospital beds, another is surgical scrub stations. So that puts us in the essential grouping.

It's surprising that Ford isn't in that category for ventilators. Maybe only certain plants are switching over to that.

The next few weeks will be telling as to how this goes.

No kidding I can tell you this, from the healthcare supply side it has been nothing but crazy. Trying to get the correct PPE is probably the most difficult thing right now. We are having to stockpile gloves, gowns, masks, IV solutions, You name it we are trying to get it in. One of the hardest thing to find is hand soap and Sanatizer right now. We have sub items for sub items for sub items. They and when I say they I mean way Above my pay grade have resorted to a Distillery close to one of our Hospitals. for supplying Sanitizer for us.

Honestly We have been stocking up on this since Mid Feb. and it still seems like We may not have enough supplies at all. I love the work I do for sure but the last few weeks have seen me go from being a normal 6:30 to 3 guy to a guy that is working form 5 to 5 most nights...Not to mention managing an entire different inventory then what our normal hospital has. If there was a ripping my hair out emjoi on GTP I could us that for sure.

Honestly everyone just about everywhere has felt the economic Impact one way or another weather your workload has been increased or you work has been shut down, It has been one hell of a crazy ride and I am glad I have this game to help relieve some of the stress that is built up during the work week.
 
Yes I am very fortunate. One of the things we make are parts to hospital beds, another is surgical scrub stations. So that puts us in the essential grouping.

It's surprising that Ford isn't in that category for ventilators. Maybe only certain plants are switching over to that.

The next few weeks will be telling as to how this goes.
It's not likely they are going to switch over every plant. They will want some of them for available for whenever they can go back to building cars.
 
No kidding I can tell you this, from the healthcare supply side it has been nothing but crazy. Trying to get the correct PPE is probably the most difficult thing right now. We are having to stockpile gloves, gowns, masks, IV solutions, You name it we are trying to get it in. One of the hardest thing to find is hand soap and Sanatizer right now. We have sub items for sub items for sub items. They and when I say they I mean way Above my pay grade have resorted to a Distillery close to one of our Hospitals. for supplying Sanitizer for us.

Honestly We have been stocking up on this since Mid Feb. and it still seems like We may not have enough supplies at all. I love the work I do for sure but the last few weeks have seen me go from being a normal 6:30 to 3 guy to a guy that is working form 5 to 5 most nights...Not to mention managing an entire different inventory then what our normal hospital has. If there was a ripping my hair out emjoi on GTP I could us that for sure.

Honestly everyone just about everywhere has felt the economic Impact one way or another weather your workload has been increased or you work has been shut down, It has been one hell of a crazy ride and I am glad I have this game to help relieve some of the stress that is built up during the work week.
Like I said the only good news so far is I haven't heard of any repeat cases yet. Since you work the medical field I don't know if can confirm this.

Aside from that is joy of reading about stupid home remedies people come up Hope's of finding gold. The best I've found so far. Is the one about drinking bleach to kill virus. And the idea that Iranians came up with of consuming menthol also to kill the virus.
 
What's up guys (and gals?)?

I'm holed out in my bunker awaiting the zombie apocalypse to work itself out. Almost out of toilet paper (poor planning i know) and seriously regretting not installing those bidet's years ago. This **** is serious! :grumpy:

:sly:

Rinsky, are they going to call you back in when Ford starts retrofitting and producing the ventilators they announced? Would your position and/or plant be involved in that at all? It's a curiosity to me how these plants get retooled to build something else quickly.
 
Like I said the only good news so far is I haven't heard of any repeat cases yet. Since you work the medical field I don't know if can confirm this.

I do not work with patient care to be honest. I work for Supply chain.
 
What's up guys (and gals?)?

I'm holed out in my bunker awaiting the zombie apocalypse to work itself out. Almost out of toilet paper (poor planning i know) and seriously regretting not installing those bidet's years ago. This **** is serious! :grumpy:

:sly:

Rinsky, are they going to call you back in when Ford starts retrofitting and producing the ventilators they announced? Would your position and/or plant be involved in that at all? It's a curiosity to me how these plants get retooled to build something else quickly.

This hoarding crap is ridiculous, it's not just toilet paper but all kinds of stuff people are hoarding, some must have a couple years supply worth of it.
 
What's up guys (and gals?)?

I'm holed out in my bunker awaiting the zombie apocalypse to work itself out. Almost out of toilet paper (poor planning i know) and seriously regretting not installing those bidet's years ago. This **** is serious! :grumpy:

:sly:

Rinsky, are they going to call you back in when Ford starts retrofitting and producing the ventilators they announced? Would your position and/or plant be involved in that at all? It's a curiosity to me how these plants get retooled to build something else quickly.

The F1 teams who are obviously not racing right now are also working on a fast prototype ventilator also, I think 8 of the 10 teams are involved. If anyone can do it and do it quickly it's those guys.
 
What's up guys (and gals?)?

I'm holed out in my bunker awaiting the zombie apocalypse to work itself out. Almost out of toilet paper (poor planning i know) and seriously regretting not installing those bidet's years ago. This **** is serious! :grumpy:

:sly:

Rinsky, are they going to call you back in when Ford starts retrofitting and producing the ventilators they announced? Would your position and/or plant be involved in that at all? It's a curiosity to me how these plants get retooled to build something else quickly.
It's sounds we won't get vaccine until sometime early 2021. We have to hope that herd immunity begins to work with this end soon. There's no way we can keep everything shutdown for a year. People and businesses will run out money long before that. And the governments can't afford keep bailing everyone out.
 
This hoarding crap is ridiculous, it's not just toilet paper but all kinds of stuff people are hoarding, some must have a couple years supply worth of it.
I know some of these people are hoarding stuff just to try to make money by ripping off others.
 
Cant wait for Saturdays race, no matter how much I practice I am s-l-o-w at Brazil in the Renault, hopefully I can finish in the top 16. :banghead::banghead:
 
It's surprising that Ford isn't in that category for ventilators. Maybe only certain plants are switching over to that.

Rinsky, are they going to call you back in when Ford starts retrofitting and producing the ventilators they announced? Would your position and/or plant be involved in that at all? It's a curiosity to me how these plants get retooled to build something else quickly

They are not switching my plant over. We are what Ford considers a Super A Plant. This means we are Fords #1 priority when it comes to building Trucks because we are Fords highest profit plant in North America and they will shut down every other plant just to keep us running with no exceptions. Most of the time this happens when we have a parts shortage. I know this situation is different but there is no chance in hell they will retool our plant for anything else..not even ventilators for the country.

I've now been told we are off until April 30th and no date has been set for our return but as soon as we are able to work again the Kentucky Truck Plant will be 100% ready to build F-250 thru F-550 Super Duty Trucks along with the Expedition & Navigators.

20190610_194726.jpg
 
They are not switching my plant over. We are what Ford considers a Super A Plant. This means we are Fords #1 priority when it comes to building Trucks because we are Fords highest profit plant in North America and they will shut down every other plant just to keep us running with no exceptions. Most of the time this happens when we have a parts shortage. I know this situation is different but there is no chance in hell they will retool our plant for anything else..not even ventilators for the country.

I've now been told we are off until April 30th and no date has been set for our return but as soon as we are able to work again the Kentucky Truck Plant will be 100% ready to build F-250 thru F-550 Super Duty Trucks along with the Expedition & Navigators.

View attachment 904903
Well I guess that one correctly then. I didn't think car manufacturers would retool all their plants to make ventilators. Plus they also have to retrain their staff to make ventilators.
 
I'm looking forward to the race as well. Don't figure I'll be to fast currently running 1:37's. It does get better each time out. I started at 1:43's. Refinement of my lines and toning back the aggression is helping out a lot. Shooting to be no more than 8 laps down. Now I need some help with pit strategy. Hope that's not in the top secret category.

Paul.
 
I'm looking forward to the race as well. Don't figure I'll be to fast currently running 1:37's. It does get better each time out. I started at 1:43's. Refinement of my lines and toning back the aggression is helping out a lot. Shooting to be no more than 8 laps down. Now I need some help with pit strategy. Hope that's not in the top secret category.

Paul.

My pit strategy is usually pit when my fuel is low and take tires at the same time. I figure every thing out on the fly because you never know if you will need to make an early stop for repairs. Although Brazil seems a little different so far because my RS are wearing out long before I am low on fuel, not sure if it is the tire multiplier, my car, or all of the time we spend in turns at this track, especially hard on right side tires.
 
Mr. Rinsky, is 6 the tire wear multiplier we normally race with? I thought it was usually 4.
 
Mr. Rinsky, is 6 the tire wear multiplier we normally race with? I thought it was usually 4.

The tire wear in this race is a little higher than we normally run if you're sticking with RS but don't forget RM are also an option. I can get about 6 or 7 laps out of RS and 10 to 11 laps out of RM.. my fuel ran out on RM.
This race will definitely have many different strategies playing out.


I'm running 1:31.00 to 1:32.00 on RS
And 1:33.00 to 1:34.00 on RM
 
I will have to run some laps with the RS as a comparison. I'm forcing myself to run the manual gearbox, takes some getting used to especially getting the shifts at proper rpm. I'm either way to early or hold the gear much to long.
 
As of right now nobody on the list has said they will miss tomorrow's race.
Just keep an eye on this thread for any cancelation. But as of now if your not in the top 16 your not racing tomorrow unless someone backs out.

1. RINSKY - McLaren - #70
2. Infineon - Alfa Romeo - #73
3. Micantony - Aston Martin - #37
4. Cold Warrior - Dodge - #53
5. Jw_wk1010 - Mercedes - #30
6. GTP_Guido - Porsche - #69
7. Herimopp89 - Mercedes - #55
8. Docbrown40 - Lamborghini - #46
9. Fastone371 - Renault Sport - #3
10. Racer283 - Porsche -
11. WhiteFlight1 - Mercedes
12. SRT DK Racing - Subaru - #71
13. T5Black - Nissan - #79
14. TexasJDC - Lexus - #197
15. Bloodyboyblue - Subaru - #25
16. Standard_FV - Jaguar - 71
---------Reserve list is now full----------

17. Desertpenguin - Lexus
18.Bigbeefytaco - Porsche
19. Tall Paul - BMW
20. llNovall - Lamborghini
21. HygradeB - Lexus - #66
 
I'm gonna be racing the IRS GT2 series this week so pass me over for the other reserves. After that I should be good for the rest of the year
 
The tire wear in this race is a little higher than we normally run if you're sticking with RS but don't forget RM are also an option. I can get about 6 or 7 laps out of RS and 10 to 11 laps out of RM.. my fuel ran out on RM.
This race will definitely have many different strategies playing out.


I'm running 1:31.00 to 1:32.00 on RS
And 1:33.00 to 1:34.00 on RM
That was my goal with these tire Settings. Interlagos has a long pit lane too even with Gran Turismo pitting procedures.
 
Back