MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,801 views
1 hour practice race this Saturday?
 
No excuses there :lol: Anyway, new BOP adjustments. Does this mean anyone in the cars listed below have the option to change?

Gr.4 Class
・Audi TT Cup '16 [Power Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・GT by Citroën Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 111%]
・McLaren 650S Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111% > 110%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 108% > 109%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111% > 113%]
 
The predicted trophy nerf has dropped!

Expected though, not sure about this new tyre model though!
 
Just to post an update regarding the new tire model and balance of performance. Personally I am around .5 per lap slower and have had to completely change my line around the final corner. It also seems fuel mileage was slightly adjusted. On a positive note, once the car starts sliding it seems easier to catch. Hopefully this encourages some nice close racing for Saturday night.
 
Just to post an update regarding the new tire model and balance of performance. Personally I am around .5 per lap slower and have had to completely change my line around the final corner. It also seems fuel mileage was slightly adjusted. On a positive note, once the car starts sliding it seems easier to catch. Hopefully this encourages some nice close racing for Saturday night.

I didn't even know they did this until now but it explains why I couldn't keep the Porsche in a Straight line anymore. I kept bitching to @Infineon this morning that my rear tires kept losing traction around every corner. I just thought I was sleepy and wasn't worth a crap. Now I know.
Why in the hell would they go and screw things up so bad for because there was nothing wrong with it to begin with.
 
Yep, GR4 in general doesn’t seem too bad, but definitely slower
 
So from everything I can tell it made race tires less grippy and Sport or comfort tires more grippy. All I know is I can't drive the Porsche a full lap anymore without losing rear tire grip. It completely ruined the Gr 4 class for me.

I don't know if anyone ever has looked at the mileage I've driven in this game but it's way more than anyone on my friends list. Absolutely no rubber banding either every mile I drove.

Screenshot_20180730-171546_Samsung Internet.jpg


Now it was all for nothing because this is like starting the game all over again and relearning the cars. I'm not happy at all and really don't feel like investing anymore of my time into being a beta tester for an unfinished game.
 
Ran a few time trial laps and it’s half a second ish difference.

The trophy is noticeably slower, from the nerf but the tyre model makes it tricky at this track. The only ones that benefit from this are 4wd cars, yes still slower but no noticeable affect on handling or traction.
 
I also noticed the Porsche has a ton of understeer now that it never did before and one of the reasons why I like the Porsche. It's me fighting this understeer that's causing the rear to break loose. That and less grip
 
I also noticed the Porsche has a ton of understeer now that it never did before and one of the reasons why I like the Porsche. It's me fighting this understeer that's causing the rear to break loose. That and less grip

I’m finding it depends on track, Tsukuba seems really tricky but others can’t seem to notice it so much
 
Rinsky I have driven the Cayman also a lot as you know. I will test it and let you know if I agree with you.
 
It can't be that bad. Maybe give everyone an extra week to practice and we race next weekend? Also it would make my practice this weekend comment make sense :lol:
 
I also noticed the Porsche has a ton of understeer now that it never did before and one of the reasons why I like the Porsche. It's me fighting this understeer that's causing the rear to break loose. That and less grip
For the record. If you allowed tuning. You and everyone else would be able to try to fix their handling issues. Brake bias adjustments don't fix everything.
 
There's a few other cars I feel need BOP adjustments.
 
I like to trail brake a lot but now on RH the front tires just slide because if no grip. So we did some more testing at Tsukuba and on RH I have no grip in the front and no grip in the rear. Front slides going into the corners and the rear loses grip coming out. Trail braking is a thing of the past on RH.

Pre update I could run 57 but easily run consistent 58 second laps for 20+ laps but now I can barely get one or two laps in the 58 and the rest are 59 or more. Consistency is non existent right now and I have not been able to do 20 laps without spinning out.

Next I Put on RM. They feel like the old RH and run about the same lap times. Fronts still slide into every corner but the rear stays more planted. Front RM only last 10 laps. Front tire wear is way worse than it was before the update on all compounds. So the tire wear settings that were working good before the update no longer work well.

I'm sliding around so much on RH that its almost impossible to run the exact same line on each lap because the car just does whatever it feels like. Fuel Map1 2 or 3 it doesn't matter anymore.

AWD Gr.4 car now have a huge advantage over RWD on this track and easily run a second quicker each lap.
 
Maybe my experience driving Gr. 4 cars on SS tires will work like a donut weight on a baseball bat in batting practice.
 
I'll have to wait and try the Lamborghini tomorrow.
 
The Porsche had just the right amount of oversteer for my driving style. You could get the car to rotate thru a tight turn by simply lifting off the throttle for a split second.
Now the car continues to understeer when I'm completely off the throttle and will not rotate like before if you are carrying any amount of speed.

For the FIA event my practice time was a 1:38 something and held the top 10 for awhile but 10th place is a 1:37.??? Pre update.
Now I cannot get anywhere near that time and I'm around 2 seconds slower in the 1:40.??? Like I said the car will not rotate off throttle at a higher speed track now.
People who are always much faster than myself haven't beat the 1:38 time since the update.

I'm saying all this just to explain how much of a difference driving my car is now. The slower times are not that important because everyone should be affected and running slower times.

My problem is the car I've been driving for almost past 12 months is not the same car anymore. It behaves and drives completely different now in almost every way. The update has now Changed the characteristics of my car and everything I've come to like about it.
I'm still in shock that they would make such a drastic decision to change everything about people's cars especially right in the middle of the FIA season. PD has proven that they really are a bunch of morons and have absolutely no consideration for the people who play their game and are out to please only a small number of people.

Once again we have to deal with more BOP adjustments and most of them didn't need to be nerfed on top of a horrible new tire model for race tires.

Yes everyone effected by the BOP can switch to an available car but there is only 4 of them left.

I don't know what to say other than this has completely changed the way I feel about this game and has really taken the wind out of my sails.
The only positive note is that the grip for Sport Tires on road cars was greatly improved and didn't change the main characteristics of that car or not the ones I've tested so far.
 
I feel the Megane Trophy did need a BOP adjustment. As for the rest of the cars. I haven't droven any of those in a while so I don't have an option on them.
 
My NSX gr.4 is slower in my testing, but it didnt take too long to adjust to the new behavior post update.
I dont have anywhere near the hours you do in your car though obviously, so it was an easier adjustment for me.
Just think of it as a new 2018 spec upgrade to your Porsche. I mean downgrade ;)

One would think they wouldn’t do this kind of a change mid-season FIA, i agree they should have waited until the season was over.
 
Like I said. I do think BOP adjustments were needed. There are even cars I feel need BOP adjustments that they didn't touch but, changing the tire model in the middle of the FIA Events is a surprise. Did this at least fix any tire wear issues?
 
Sadly I already thought the Porsche needed a BOP adjustment. It needs a power boost which they probably don't want to do because of it's cornering. Why not up horsepower and weight it down more.
 
GR3 is whole different challenge altogether! I’m not sure I like the new model. Just finding more speed up to this point now it does feel a little like starting again.

I can’t get to a 1.37 on DTG either, although some of that is the new limits in place but yeah loads slower, can hit a low 38 but that’s my lot I think!

To me the grip isn’t progressive any more it’s just gone in an instant. I’ve lost all my references of a good lap time.

Some of the changes are good, less grip off the racing line and on curbs or grass is much better, but there are new limits at different tracks, brands hatch for example was one of my best but the flow feels ruined.
 
Sadly I already thought the Porsche needed a BOP adjustment. It needs a power boost which they probably don't want to do because of it's cornering. Why not up horsepower and weight it down more.

They didn't BOP the Porsche it's the new tire model that causing the problem now.


It's my driving style that seems to be effecting me more than most and why I've taken such a huge hit now.

I used a DS4 with automatic transmission and learning to be fast with that setup already had its challenges. Trail braking was a huge part of my technique to go fast. So I would go full speed right up to the last second before I needed to brake then slam on the brakes while guiding the front under full braking. It worked great and made me faster.

Now all that is gone. Doing the same thing now results in the front tires just sliding because there is no grip anymore. So the front tires slide up to a certain point then all of a sudden regain grip this in return unsettles the car now and immediately is causing it to be very unstable. (Best way to describe it is it feels like Snap oversteer) and any attempt to get on the throttle will 99% of the time just lose the rear because the car is so unsettled and completely off the angle or line it use to be.

The only way to control this is h have to brake way early now to keep the front from sliding and this has dropped my lap times everywhere by 1 or 2 seconds. But it only last a very short time because as soon as my rear tires show any wear without out warning it will just lose all grip and my race is over.
 
Thinking about it one benefit of this potentially though, if you run a lower fuel map run you are gonna handle better and save tyres and fuel. If you run a faster medium or soft run, quicker but go through tyre fuel faster, this tyre model may actually bring the two different strategies closer together?
 
Any possibility you start playing with a wheel ? Havent tried the game yet after the update. Was planning to test a bit but dont know if I can stay awake.

The slower times are not that important because everyone should be affected and running slower times.
I read that the scoreboards have been all reset again. Everybody should be slower indeed. I do think there will be a difference in feel between DS4 and wheel users.

It behaves and drives completely different now in almost every way. The update has now Changed the characteristics of my car and everything I've come to like about it.
I trully hope you can find back your spot. It sure is not giving you positive energy at the moment so hope you can reset yourself again.

The only positive note is that the grip for Sport Tires on road cars was greatly improved and didn't change the main characteristics of that car or not the ones I've tested so far.
And this is indeed the only thing that really needed fixing.
 
Yes but, the Porsche lacks a lot on straights and so does. the Alfa Romeo. I think they need a power boost. I don't think they want to boost there power do to both cars cornering. So then add more and weight is my answer.
 
Finally found some time to do some minor testing. I think the new tyre model is not a big difference for me. I feel the tyres are sliding a bit earlier. Need to adapt to this. I read more that wheel users seem to like the changes more than DS4 users.

I got a 58,059 on my last lap but made a mistake in the pre last corner. So should be able to hit the 57 again. But for me I would feel better driving 58 consistently. So to me no big differences in laptimes. I do think the car handles better when you get into a slide, but it tends to slide sooner. This was all done with Race Hard (RH).

I need to see for the RS. Did feel better but also not much better. A 57,007 pretty soon so the 56 is doable for me. Dont think I can qualify on the 55.

What does the rest do ?

I also tried the Cayman on the Ring. My favorite combo. Also did not see much changes, the FFB seems to feel a little better. I can still handle the car basically the same.

I did notice a lot of positive difference with N class cars and SH tyres. That is way more realistic now and also the ABS off seems to finally work properly. So pretty happy so far.

So I guess Rinsky this is a wheel/DS4 difference. Also my times are not less fast. Maybe there are some differences, but not in the way many people have. I think with some practice I would be able to do the same laptimes.
 
Last edited:
Back