MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,759 views
Finally found some time to do some minor testing. I think the new tyre model is not a big difference for me. I feel the tyres are sliding a bit earlier. Need to adapt to this. I read more that wheel users seem to like the changes more than DS4 users.

I got a 58,059 on my last lap but made a mistake in the pre last corner. So should be able to hit the 57 again. But for me I would feel better driving 58 consistently. So to me no big differences in laptimes. I do think the car handles better when you get into a slide, but it tends to slide sooner. This was all done with Race Hard (RH).

I need to see for the RS. Did feel better but also not much better. A 57,007 pretty soon so the 56 is doable for me. Dont think I can qualify on the 55.

What does the rest do ?

I also tried the Cayman on the Ring. My favorite combo. Also did not see much changes, the FFB seems to feel a little better. I can still handle the car basically the same.

I did notice a lot of positive difference with N class cars and SH tyres. That is way more realistic now and also the ABS off seems to finally work properly. So pretty happy so far.

So I guess Rinsky this is a wheel/DS4 difference. Also my times are not less fast. Maybe there are some differences, but not in the way many people have. I think with some practice I would be able to do the same laptimes.

Well that's sad to hear because this game is supposed to be more for the casual players and not your hardcore Sim Racers so I shouldn't have to buy a wheel to be competitive and I'm not going to.
Road cars are still great on the DS4 and didn't change on me but the race cars are a joke now. There is even a whole thread going on about how the new F1 car is completely undriveable on a controller and they are right.

I never touched race cars in GT6 and only raced road cars it and wasn't until GTS that the new Gr.4 class opened up for me.
So I'm happy I get to still be competitive with N-class cars on Sport tires but race cars are once again something I have no interest in anymore.

I know that's not something people here want to hear from me but there is no reason for me to continue racing a class that does not allow me to be competitive or consistent in anymore.

I was having so much fun with this class and our group and it really sucks to be forced into leaving it.
 
Times are definitely slower, even the top guys are down on the usual best. I’ve done a few DTG lobby’s and everyone is down. You don’t need a wheel to adjust, controller is usable as well.

GR4 is easy enough to adjust to, trail braking can be trickier now and traction too. But it’s the same for everyone, everyone’s times are down, the F1 car is just glitched, it’s not great to drive with a wheel either.
 
Well that's sad to hear because this game is supposed to be more for the casual players and not your hardcore Sim Racers so I shouldn't have to buy a wheel to be competitive and I'm not going to.
Road cars are still great on the DS4 and didn't change on me but the race cars are a joke now. There is even a whole thread going on about how the new F1 car is completely undriveable on a controller and they are right.

I never touched race cars in GT6 and only raced road cars it and wasn't until GTS that the new Gr.4 class opened up for me.
So I'm happy I get to still be competitive with N-class cars on Sport tires but race cars are once again something I have no interest in anymore.

I know that's not something people here want to hear from me but there is no reason for me to continue racing a class that does not allow me to be competitive or consistent in anymore.

I was having so much fun with this class and our group and it really sucks to be forced into leaving it.

If you're having a problem trail braking then you should give abs weak a try. It seems to be the new "default" and will help rotate the car. I agree that there is a change as I have had to adapt my driving style accordingly. I was able to set a 57.7 flying lap on RH with race pace around mid 58 so not too much slower than before the update. I'm on a DS4 and used automatic transmission until about a week ago so its definitely not impossible to drive these cars now.
 
Well that's sad to hear because this game is supposed to be more for the casual players and not your hardcore Sim Racers so I shouldn't have to buy a wheel to be competitive and I'm not going to.
Road cars are still great on the DS4 and didn't change on me but the race cars are a joke now. There is even a whole thread going on about how the new F1 car is completely undriveable on a controller and they are right.

I never touched race cars in GT6 and only raced road cars it and wasn't until GTS that the new Gr.4 class opened up for me.
So I'm happy I get to still be competitive with N-class cars on Sport tires but race cars are once again something I have no interest in anymore.

I know that's not something people here want to hear from me but there is no reason for me to continue racing a class that does not allow me to be competitive or consistent in anymore.

I was having so much fun with this class and our group and it really sucks to be forced into leaving it.
Instead of closing your league again and disappointing everyone. Why don't you just start allow tuning so you and everyone else can fix their handling issues. About half the league members wants tuning anyways.
 
Before that just ask the laptimes of everybody. If almost everybody is slower, you will be as competitive as you always were. And there is nothing to be unhappy about if you remain competitive. Also try the ABS changes, cause maybe it will help you out.
 
I noticed when practicing that
RH = suck
RM = the old RH
RS = the old RM
And I would assume that RSS = the old RS
This is compared to the lap times before the update.
 
You said your not interested in Gr.4 anymore.
 
If he doesn't like Gr.4 anymore and isn't closing. What happens now. The N Classes are horribly balance even compared to the racing classes. If you haven't noticed. The daily races rarely have n class races. Road cars race are usually one makes. This is probably because of how badly the N Classes are balanced out.
 
I can still run the races and not race in them. The only downside to that is I'm taking a spot while there are people waiting to get in.
Unless @Infineon wants to take over hosting then that would free up the spot.

If you're having a problem trail braking then you should give abs weak a try. It seems to be the new "default" and will help rotate the car. I agree that there is a change as I have had to adapt my driving style accordingly. I was able to set a 57.7 flying lap on RH with race pace around mid 58 so not too much slower than before the update. I'm on a DS4 and used automatic transmission until about a week ago so its definitely not impossible to drive these cars now.

I will give the ABS weak a try. I know I've had to switch from running front brake bias to running rear brake bias trying to eliminate the front wheel slide.
It helps a little but it's definitely not a solution.
 
Your really going to host races that you don't want to race in yourself? Well then if you still won't allow tuning. Then I guess could change cars after this race. We not completing for points. I'm not very picky with cars.
 
Last edited:
Anyone free to do a practice session/race tomorrow? Would 2pm eastern (New York) time work ?
 
How do I make that comment that appears under my main post?
 
Rinsky if you dont join the races I think a lot of people will dislike it. Seeing you and racing with you on the track is essential for me. There is no point in fighting against my sleep if you are not in the race yourself. If I know you are not entering anymore than the fun is gone for me.

So please take some time to get used to the new tyre model. If it doesnt work out time to finally get that wheel !!

Its just brilliant with a wheel, adds so much more realism to the game. You are too old for the DS4 :)
 
Rinsky if you dont join the races I think a lot of people will dislike it. Seeing you and racing with you on the track is essential for me. There is no point in fighting against my sleep if you are not in the race yourself. If I know you are not entering anymore than the fun is gone for me.

So please take some time to get used to the new tyre model. If it doesnt work out time to finally get that wheel !!

Its just brilliant with a wheel, adds so much more realism to the game. You are too old for the DS4 :)
That's my concern too. It would be weird for me to in a race that host doesn't want to be a part of.
When I ran events in GT6. I raced in all of them. They way I saw it. If I not willing to race in my own event. Why should I expect someone else to do so.
 
I certainly meant it in a more positive way than you are putting it :)

I totally dont care about the host participating. I specifically want to race against Rinsky and coincidentally he is the host.
 
I just feel it looks bad that the creator doesn't enjoy his product. Part of running a series like this is being the sales man of your series. And doesn't look good if you don't want to race in your own series.
Plus if Rinsky is no longer enjoying himself. Then this will feel more and more like a job. And that's when it stops being fun.
 
It seems like you care more about this than him or anyone else here. Why not make your own series and try something out?
 
Last edited:
Anyone free to do a practice session/race tomorrow? Would 2pm eastern (New York) time work ?

I probably will be.


Rinsky if you dont join the races I think a lot of people will dislike it. Seeing you and racing with you on the track is essential for me. There is no point in fighting against my sleep if you are not in the race yourself. If I know you are not entering anymore than the fun is gone for me.

So please take some time to get used to the new tyre model. If it doesnt work out time to finally get that wheel !!

Its just brilliant with a wheel, adds so much more realism to the game. You are too old for the DS4 :)

I know what your saying but that level of competition you are use to with me on the track is now gone. By the times you posted above I'm already 2 seconds slower than you and probably everyone eles.

I know most of you are thinking I'm over exaggerating all of this but just wait. If I race this Saturday I bet I have more than half the field mad at me by the end of the race.
Either I will be so slow and continuously in people's way or the most likely of the two is I will be crashing or constantly spinning out causing all kinds of problems.

So I went from a legitimate shot at finishing in the top 3 to just trying to say out of everyone else way now.

I'm not the same person you are used to racing with in Gr.4 anymore. My Porsche was already down on power but had awesome handling but now that has been taken away also.

So just remember if I race Saturday you asked for it and I bet once its over it will be a unanimous decision that maybe I shouldn't race Gr 4 anymore.
 
Don’t worry about it @Rinsky i’ll join you in the pits during the race from all my spins, sure we will have time for a beer or something while they completely rebuild our cars!

Something about Tsukuba that brings out the worst in the new tyre model, I haven’t experienced it so bad on other tracks.
 
Yup Gr.4 just became Gr.4×4 and not to much of a surprise there anyway as most people used AWD cars in this class before the update and one of the main reasons I make everyone use a different car in my race. RWD cars were not the most popular before but now most have become a sure bet that you will end up in the wall at some point on RH.

Don’t worry about it @Rinsky i’ll join you in the pits during the race from all my spins, sure we will have time for a beer or something while they completely rebuild our cars!

Better buy a 24 pack of beer then because I will be in the pits more than on the track.
 
Is the lobby private?

Sorry not on now, will be on again later probably around 10pm my time so around 5ish yours I think

Yup Gr.4 just became Gr.4×4 and not to much of a surprise there anyway as most people used AWD cars in this class before the update and one of the main reasons I make everyone use a different car in my race. RWD cars were not the most popular before but now most have become a sure bet that you will end up in the wall at some point on RH.



Better buy a 24 pack of beer then because I will be in the pits more than on the track.

Ha perhaps we can find a grandstand and watch the race, pretty sure my pit crew will go on strike!
 
Sorry not on now, will be on again later probably around 10pm my time so around 5ish yours I think



Ha perhaps we can find a grandstand and watch the race, pretty sure my pit crew will go on strike!
I think I joined at the end of the one that you hosted. That megane is stillsctill fast. Also realized that for the 4 wheel drive cars going past 15 laps on hards makes the car nearly undrivable with so much understeer. I have a feeling there will be more pitstops then expected for most drivers.
 
@Rinsky do you want to switch cars? I haven't tested the TT yet but it should be good, especially with that power increase ;)

But yeah man I agree this tire model is different. I drove my rx7 on Sunday with RSS tires and it was crazy good. Now it's so sticky that the car is slopping around because of all the sidewall movement! Making it quite hard to handle. That may sound negative but I call it a positive because RSS tires should act that way on a softly sprung car. (I'll need to stiffen that car up now)

When I was trying out the new track variations I did a 787b, a gr3 corvette (which is much easier to catch snap oversteer now) and the Cayman gr4. Now I had actually enjoyed that car there. Though I admit I struggled to do clean laps (and that was without BOP on) but I chocked it up to that the C layout of Croix was the hardest.

What I'll do tonight is try out the Cayman on Tsukuba tonight and see if I can help somehow, if that's okay.

I read in another topic that the reason some people are having trouble with the tires is because of their driving style. Those who are constantly wringing a cars neck (relatively sharply) to get performance will have trouble cause before the tires were better suited to that style. On the other side people who are drive more calculated, more squeeze than hit type movements will get better results. Cause the tires are literally sqirming underneath you now and we need to be aware they are doing that.
If you accelerate coming out of a corner too liberally the tires will be heavily loaded especially sideways. And when you straighten out (if you do it quickly) the tires will spring back causing the car to lose balance. Smoother, gradual movements will help the tires stop from springing back as harshly.

Hopefully this comes off as helpful and not overly critical.
 
I think I joined at the end of the one that you hosted. That megane is stillsctill fast. Also realized that for the 4 wheel drive cars going past 15 laps on hards makes the car nearly undrivable with so much understeer. I have a feeling there will be more pitstops then expected for most drivers.

Ah okay were you in the Veyron? I was on softs with that time although a 55 was doable just couldn’t hook it up
 
Ah okay were you in the Veyron? I was on softs with that time although a 55 was doable just couldn’t hook it up
Yea I was in the Veyron, for some reason I was just as fast on hards as I was on softs. But yea your car absolutely destroyed me in the corners.
 
Back