MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,764 views
It takes a few laps to adjust to softs, doesn’t help that the Veyron barely fits on track!

I will be on later roughly around 10pm bst so if anyone’s on would be good to run a few laps, only done full on pushing laps so far. I will have the lobby public though so anyone I’m not friends with can join.
 
I read in another topic that the reason some people are having trouble with the tires is because of their driving style. Those who are constantly wringing a cars neck (relatively sharply) to get performance will have trouble cause before the tires were better suited to that style.

That is most of the problem.

I've been playing since the very first GT and every game has always been controller friendly and it's one of the reasons why GT has always been so popular. Up until GTS you never had an advantage being a wheel over a controller user. But GTS whole focus was to turn this Series into something more hard core and to stop being so user friendly. And why I believe it is the worst selling game in GT history.

Surprisingly enough though was GTS was released with a great tire model that still allowed controller users to be just as competitive as wheel users. The driving style between both are completely different but both could achieve competitive times making the racing so much fun. Like most things in GT enough wheel users had to keep bitching about this thinking because they spent more money on a wheel rig that the advantages should go to them and how dare a controller user be just as good as them.

Well it worked and now the new tire model benefits the wheel user and completely makes a pad users less competitive. It's sad that a small group of people are not happy until they ruin the game for everyone else but themselves instead of making changes that benefit all players.
I'm not saying every wheel user thought this way but enough of them did that the changes were made in there favor.

It's always been known that you can play GT or FM with a controller because they were design to be controller friendly and not some hard core some racing games up until now. So that leaves FM7 as the only true controller friendly racing game.

After so many years playing GT its really sad to see the path they have chosen and I would assume that PD has made more than enough money to please them because their decisions keep turning away more & more people who once enjoyed this franchise for what is was and that was not a hard core sim racing game.
 
If most people can just give their laptimes for Tsukuba, we could compare it with Rinsky.
 
That is most of the problem.

I've been playing since the very first GT and every game has always been controller friendly and it's one of the reasons why GT has always been so popular. Up until GTS you never had an advantage being a wheel over a controller user. But GTS whole focus was to turn this Series into something more hard core and to stop being so user friendly. And why I believe it is the worst selling game in GT history.

Surprisingly enough though was GTS was released with a great tire model that still allowed controller users to be just as competitive as wheel users. The driving style between both are completely different but both could achieve competitive times making the racing so much fun. Like most things in GT enough wheel users had to keep bitching about this thinking because they spent more money on a wheel rig that the advantages should go to them and how dare a controller user be just as good as them.

Well it worked and now the new tire model benefits the wheel user and completely makes a pad users less competitive. It's sad that a small group of people are not happy until they ruin the game for everyone else but themselves instead of making changes that benefit all players.
I'm not saying every wheel user thought this way but enough of them did that the changes were made in there favor.

It's always been known that you can play GT or FM with a controller because they were design to be controller friendly and not some hard core some racing games up until now. So that leaves FM7 as the only true controller friendly racing game.

After so many years playing GT its really sad to see the path they have chosen and I would assume that PD has made more than enough money to please them because their decisions keep turning away more & more people who once enjoyed this franchise for what is was and that was not a hard core sim racing game.
Why not change your car if you don't like the Porsche anymore.
 
I practiced at Tsukuba yesterday with my Citroen, best on RH was 58.0, I think I was in low 57's on RH before tire model change and BOP adjustment. I dont expect to finish towards the top so it doesnt bother me too much. Im just happy racing without getting wrecked, especially the way PD effed up the daily races that now last a week. This will be the first week I dont run any sport mode races. The new track LeCrap really kinda sucks too, I cant believe thats the best they can do, especially with the GT holy trinity tracks not in use yet. LeCrap seems like it was designed on an Etch-A-Sketch, go fast, right angle right, go fast, right angle left, then keep repeating until you complete a lap. See you guys Saturday for some fun!!!!!!!
 
Why not change your car if you don't like the Porsche anymore.

Because the 4 that left are even worse.
And they are all bad for me so far. The only car I've found that is even worth trying is the Toyota 86. It handles great still but getting those rear tires to stick is another challenge.
No I will not ask or let anyone give up their cars to let me use plus none of them are going to make a big difference in my driving style
 
If most people can just give their laptimes for Tsukuba, we could compare it with Rinsky.

I can not get into the 58's anymore on RH and my lap times are in the high 59's like 59:975 but most of my laps have hit the 1:00 range now.
That's coming from running in the 57 and consistently run low 58's for 23 plus laps.

I can no longer run consistent lap times because my car never does the same thing twice 2 laps in a row. There is such a fine fine line now in speed between the front tires sliding and have grip that I have not or cannot find that sweet spot to make it do the same thing every lap.
 
Because the 4 that left are even worse.
And they are all bad for me so far. The only car I've found that is even worth trying is the Toyota 86. It handles great still but getting those rear tires to stick is another challenge.
No I will not ask or let anyone give up their cars to let me use plus none of them are going to make a big difference in my driving style

Why not just open up tuning?? Or take a vote, if nobody opposes open up tuning, after this race everyone will only have an hour to tune their car to the track, it could make things more competitive.
 
Why not just open up tuning?? Or take a vote, if nobody opposes open up tuning, after this race everyone will only have an hour to tune their car to the track, it could make things more competitive.
Well then yeah. Do you really hate the idea of allowing tuning that much that you would choose not to race instead?
 
I have to disagree that wheel users have an advantage now, if you don’t change your style with a pad or a wheel your times will suffer and lose control. This game is still geared towards both and at the top the time gap between the two are no different than they were. And you definitely do not need a wheel with the new tyre model.

Remember of line is slippy now, it makes your tyres dirty and as a result your car won’t handle for the next few corners. It’s really just about practice, you WILL get used to it. Yes your times will suffer but trust me you will get back to similar times. Trail braking deep into a corner doesn’t work so well anymore you need to brake slightly earlier and release slightly earlier.

I will admit I didn’t like it at first, but it’s more challenging now and I think that’s a good thing, you’ll likely see me nose first in most of the walls on Saturday but what’s the that can happen, still going to enjoy it as I did before!
 
Anyways how do I add the comment that appears below the main post?
 
Click on the person icon at the top, pick signature.
 
I think a big issue people and Rinsky in particular are having is that the cars were overly stable before and now they're not. They're... more realistic. It's kind of funny that now that it's a bit less forgiving and more dynamic people are calling it the end of the world (not saying Rinsky is going to that length of hyperbole or exaggeration).

To anyone that feels this way, sorry you were used to it handling like a video game but here's the real thing boys. Time to become men :)
 
I think a big issue people and Rinsky in particular are having is that the cars were overly stable before and now they're not. They're... more realistic. It's kind of funny that now that it's a bit less forgiving and more dynamic people are calling it the end of the world (not saying Rinsky is going to that length of hyperbole or exaggeration).

To anyone that feels this way, sorry you were used to it handling like a video game but here's the real thing boys. Time to become men :)

Except this is a video game and not the real thing, it will never be the real thing. There is absolutely nothing about this game that is even remotely realistic to the real thing so that statement is absolutely absurd.

If you truly believe that then I suggest you strap yourself in a real race car then rethink that statement.
 
I'm just saying it's closer to realistic. The tire model actually does things now.

Rinsky. Turn your game off, step away for at least 14 days. I'm not kidding. You need to re-calibrate yourself and come back with a fresh set of eyes and hands on that controller. It sucks seeing you like this :(
 
I finally got to test out my car with the new tire model. My car is about 2 seconds slower on this tire model. I struggle to get below a 1:00 lap time on at Tsubuska on RH. And by the way I'm using the DS4 controller. So it's not like this is only effects you. Everyone needs to adjust. Which won't happen over night.
Also the tire model wasn't the only physics change. They also changed grip levels on the track as well.
 
Good practice, sorry about the settings although changed in the end. Good race as well, good to see a few in the lobby 👍

RH setting 57s and 58s in the race, I can live with that not pushing too much, good to run a few laps and keep on track. This new model starting to click!
 
I also noticed tires wear a little faster now. Which kind of ruins my strategy for Saturday. So I'll have to wing.
I do suggested you reduce tire wear another notch after Saturday.
 
I read in another topic that the reason some people are having trouble with the tires is because of their driving style. Those who are constantly wringing a cars neck (relatively sharply) to get performance will have trouble cause before the tires were better suited to that style.
Oooh, only heard of this here. Maybe the broken pedal set did help me after all- I just wing every single exit on countersteer after mashing the throttle! :lol:
I wonder if I can combine my old smooth driving style with that one 💡

@Rinsky I recommend following Desert Penguin's advice. Some time off the game could help you recalibrate and forget some od the habits that you learned with the old tire model. It helps getting back in a fresh new state :cheers:

Oh, this is still really tentative right now, but I might be available for September! :D I'll tell you when I'm confirming my entry along with my chosen manufacturer
 
I recommend following Desert Penguin's advice. Some time off the game could help you recalibrate and forget some od the habits that you learned with the old tire model. It helps getting back in a fresh new state :cheers:

Oh, this is still really tentative right now, but I might be available for September! :D I'll tell you when I'm confirming my entry along with my chosen manufacturer

I go on a much needed 2 week Vacation starting this Sunday. I have logged on and played this game everyday since I bought it at 215 days straight.
I think this is sound advice and the best thing for me right now. I will also take a short break from here also while I'm on Vacation so when nobody hears from me for a week you know why.

I'm just getting burned out on the game and definitely need the time away.
 
Just wanted to let you know you did hit a 58,2 yesterday with RH !
 
Just wanted to let you know you did hit a 58,2 yesterday with RH !

It's not impossible to hit a 58 for one or two laps on fresh tires and in someone's slipstream. 99% of my laps were in in 1 minute range while everyone was passing me like it was nothing. But I did notice you spinning out multiple times.

Here is what I learned yesterday in practice. That my car pushes so far out on corner entry that it leaves the door open for almost everyone to get by. If I hug the bottom and run a defensive line that I have to brake so early its borderline brake checking.
 
I go on a much needed 2 week Vacation starting this Sunday. I have logged on and played this game everyday since I bought it at 215 days straight.
I think this is sound advice and the best thing for me right now. I will also take a short break from here also while I'm on Vacation so when nobody hears from me for a week you know why.

I'm just getting burned out on the game and definitely need the time away.
Sounds great! Have a good time :cheers:
 
I go on a much needed 2 week Vacation starting this Sunday. I have logged on and played this game everyday since I bought it at 215 days straight.
I think this is sound advice and the best thing for me right now. I will also take a short break from here also while I'm on Vacation so when nobody hears from me for a week you know why.

I'm just getting burned out on the game and definitely need the time away.
I really hope your vacation goes well. Not driving anything for 2 weeks would slowly drive me nuts. I suggest finding a substitute to keep you occupied for 2 weeks. Good Luck.
 
I really hope your vacation goes well. Not driving anything for 2 weeks would slowly drive me nuts. I suggest finding a substitute to keep you occupied for 2 weeks. Good Luck.

I'm not even taking the PS4 with me. Thanks it will be much needed.

I finally got to test out my car with the new tire model. My car is about 2 seconds slower on this tire model. I struggle to get below a 1:00 lap time on at Tsubuska on RH. And by the way I'm using the DS4 controller. So it's not like this is only effects you. Everyone needs to adjust. Which won't happen over night.
Also the tire model wasn't the only physics change. They also changed grip levels on the track as well.

For the record I never said it only affected me but I did say it has affected DS4 users the most. I have not found many DS4 users that are happy with the change and haven't been negatively affected unless they are strictly N-class drivers.
99% of the people posting that they are happy about the new tire model are
A. Wheel users
B. N-class drivers on Sport Tires.

You should be able to get better lap times than your running now. I tested your car out and was easily beating my lap times in the Porsche. Ive also said Front tire wear is much worse than before about 50% more than the rear because they are constantly sliding now. When they keep making things so lopsided it's impossible to find an adjustment that works well.
 
Back