MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,764 views
I'm not even taking the PS4 with me. Thanks it will be much needed.



For the record I never said it only affected me but I did say it has affected DS4 users the most. I have not found many DS4 users that are happy with the change and haven't been negatively affected unless they are strictly N-class drivers.
99% of the people posting that they are happy about the new tire model are
A. Wheel users
B. N-class drivers on Sport Tires.

You should be able to get better lap times than your running now. I tested your car out and was easily beating my lap times in the Porsche. Ive also said Front tire wear is much worse than before about 50% more than the rear because they are constantly sliding now. When they keep making things so lopsided it's impossible to find an adjustment that works well.
Oh you mean a real vacation. Not just from the game. Where are you going?
 
Oh you mean a real vacation. Not just from the game. Where are you going?

Destin Florida. So I can kick back and relax on the beach with a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand.

It will be a nice Vacation with my wife and daughter for a week. Now my second week of Vacation will be back at home so I won't be able to resist getting on the game then.
 
I'll probably take a vacation from this thread then too. This thread seems to go down hill pretty quickly when you not around. Now we're talking a week. I just imagine when you first back check in. You just find an apocalyptic wasteland. With the last remains still burning in corner.
 
I'll probably take a vacation from this thread then too. This thread seems to go down hill pretty quickly when you not around. Now we're talking a week. I just imagine when you first back check in. You just find an apocalyptic wasteland. With the last remains still burning in corner.
Uhm... I think you're taking this a bit too far
 
For the benefit of those comparing lap times:
While i dont expect to be participating as I'm pretty far down the waiting list, i have been preparing as if i will (because it's fun!)

Keep in mind the NSX i'm testing is an MR car.

NSX gr.4: over a fuel run on RH tyres, I am achieving lap times that start out in the low 58.xxx's and end up in the high 59.xxx's approaching and exceeding 1:00.xxx by the end of the stint.
so 58's and 59's in the NSX for the most part on RH
RM are .5 better at the start, but drop off quicker
RS are 1.0 better at the start, but drop off much quicker
as expected.

Hope the info helps.
4900554180054254081_23.jpg
 
Last edited:
And the evidence builds. Someone says something some else doesn't like. And then a comment is made. Then other people chime. Then it turns into a petty argument. This all happens in just a few hours by the way. Usually at that point Rinsky steps in with some damage control and prevents it from going farther. Well he won't be doing do that a week or two. So I imagine this will go about the same as if you got rid of the government for a week.
 
For the benefit of those comparing lap times:
While i dont expect to be participating as I'm pretty far down the waiting list, i have been preparing as if i will (because it's fun!)

Keep in mind the NSX i'm testing is an MR car.

NSX gr.4: over a fuel run on RH tyres, I am achieving lap times that start out in the low 98.xxx's and end up in the high 99.xxx's approaching and exceeding 1:00.xxx by the end of the stint.
so 98's and 99's in the NSX for the most part on RH
RM are .5 better at the start, but drop off quicker
RS are 1.0 better at the start, but drop off much quicker
as expected.

Hope the info helps.
Thanks for the info, this basically falls in line with everyone else except maybe the megane. Just wondering but by 98 and 99 I really hope you mean 58 and 59 otherwise this might not be that fun of a race for you.
 
And the evidence builds. Someone says something some else doesn't like. And then a comment is made. Then other people chime. Then it turns into a petty argument. This all happens in just a few hours by the way. Usually at that point Rinsky steps in with some damage control and prevents it from going farther. Well he won't be doing do that a week or two. So I imagine this will go about the same as if you got rid of the government for a week.
Did you notice it's all centered around one person in particular though? ;)
 
For the benefit of those comparing lap times:
While i dont expect to be participating as I'm pretty far down the waiting list, i have been preparing as if i will (because it's fun!)

Keep in mind the NSX i'm testing is an MR car.

NSX gr.4: over a fuel run on RH tyres, I am achieving lap times that start out in the low 98.xxx's and end up in the high 99.xxx's approaching and exceeding 1:00.xxx by the end of the stint.
so 98's and 99's in the NSX for the most part on RH
RM are .5 better at the start, but drop off quicker
RS are 1.0 better at the start, but drop off much quicker
as expected.

Hope the info helps.

Did you already give me your PSN if not please do so. If you have then I will add you to my friends list today. So if by chance there's a spot open then I can get you in.


I'll probably take a vacation from this thread then too. This thread seems to go down hill pretty quickly when you not around. Now we're talking a week. I just imagine when you first back check in. You just find an apocalyptic wasteland. With the last remains still burning in corner.

Come on now. Everyone on here is very nice and most would go out of their way to help a fellow racer in this group.
Just because a few people get bent out of shape now and then (me included) does not mean everyone is waiting to go crazy while I'm on Vacation.
I will have my phone on me and I will read this forum late at night before bed.

Don't poke the Bear and nothing will happen.
 
Thanks for the info, this basically falls in line with everyone else except maybe the megane. Just wondering but by 98 and 99 I really hope you mean 58 and 59 otherwise this might not be that fun of a race for you.
:lol:
because i'm getting old and make stupid mistakes typing while working.
it's fixed, thank you for letting me know!
:cheers:
 
@TetsuKobura I need your PSN so I can add you to my friends list. You just made this race because someone just cancelled for Aug race this very second.

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Lancer - Cooper2k
7.RCZ - bloodyboyblue - out for Aug
8.Megane - steviea712 - out for Aug
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Corvette - FlyinHawaiian77
14.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
15.Ferrari - Macboyilija
16.Lexus - DesertPenguin out for Aug
17.Subaru - bigbeefytaco - out for Aug
18.McLaren- Traels666
19.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
20.4C - TetsuKobura

On the bubble for the August race.
21.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
22.GTR - tatjana001
23.NSX - micantony
 
Thanks for the info, this basically falls in line with everyone else except maybe the megane. Just wondering but by 98 and 99 I really hope you mean 58 and 59 otherwise this might not be that fun of a race for you.

I’m not sure I can think of one car that can’t match the Mégane pace here, maybe the rcz, Veyron maybe but struggling other wise.
 
I’m not sure I can think of one car that can’t match the Mégane pace here, maybe the rcz, Veyron maybe but struggling other wise.
I'm not saying cars can't match the pace of the megane on single lap runs or even qualifying. The lancer may even be faster in a sprint race here but its poor tire wear and fuel mileage will leave it in the dust compared to how the megane can save fuel and tires. Btw I'm not upset or angry that your car is so much better. I mean my car would've dominated if I made last months race. But don't be surprised if you end up winning by 30 seconds or more.
 
@TetsuKobura I need your PSN so I can add you to my friends list. You just made this race because someone just cancelled for Aug race this very second.

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Lancer - Cooper2k
7.RCZ - bloodyboyblue - out for Aug
8.Megane - steviea712 - out for Aug
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Corvette - FlyinHawaiian77
14.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
15.Ferrari - Macboyilija
16.Lexus - DesertPenguin out for Aug
17.Subaru - bigbeefytaco - out for Aug
18.McLaren- Traels666
19.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
20.4C - TetsuKobura

On the bubble for the August race.
21.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
22.GTR - tatjana001
23.NSX - micantony
PSN is TetsuKobura54.
 
@TetsuKobura I need your PSN so I can add you to my friends list. You just made this race because someone just cancelled for Aug race this very second.

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Lancer - Cooper2k
7.RCZ - bloodyboyblue - out for Aug
8.Megane - steviea712 - out for Aug
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Corvette - FlyinHawaiian77
14.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
15.Ferrari - Macboyilija
16.Lexus - DesertPenguin out for Aug
17.Subaru - bigbeefytaco - out for Aug
18.McLaren- Traels666
19.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
20.4C - TetsuKobura

On the bubble for the August race.
21.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
22.GTR - tatjana001
23.NSX - micantony
Two questions.
One if the player list is based on when we signed up. Then why am I listed before you? Didn't you technically enter this series first? Since you created it.
Two how long will you wait. Before you'll let the reserved drivers in?
 
I’m not sure I can think of one car that can’t match the Mégane pace here, maybe the rcz, Veyron maybe but struggling other wise.

The cars can match the Meganes pace but not the Megane Trophy, there is a reason that thing has been dominating the top 10 boards since it was introduced, After practicing around 100 laps at Tsukuba with the Citroen (RH) I hopped in the Trophy and was a 1/2 second faster in only 5 laps (RH)

Im sure there was a reason that you wanted that car when PD introduced it.
Its not like you need the extra help from an unusually quick car.
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1914946
 
Last edited:
@TetsuKobura I need your PSN so I can add you to my friends list. You just made this race because someone just cancelled for Aug race this very second.

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.Lancer - Cooper2k
7.RCZ - bloodyboyblue - out for Aug
8.Megane - steviea712 - out for Aug
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Corvette - FlyinHawaiian77
14.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
15.Ferrari - Macboyilija
16.Lexus - DesertPenguin out for Aug
17.Subaru - bigbeefytaco - out for Aug
18.McLaren- Traels666
19.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
20.4C - TetsuKobura

On the bubble for the August race.
21.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
22.GTR - tatjana001
23.NSX - micantony


Are you going to "rent" out any of the taken cars of people who will not make the August race to fill the field??
 
Are you going to "rent" out any of the taken cars of people who will not make the August race to fill the field??
It's too late for this race but, feel we have enough players to run a 2nd room. If you divided the entry list in half. Room 1 gets 12 players, Room 2 gets 11 players.
 
The cars can match the Meganes pace but not the Megane Trophy, there is a reason that thing has been dominating the top 10 boards since it was introduced, After practicing around 100 laps at Tsukuba with the Citroen (RH) I hopped in the Trophy and was a 1/2 second faster in only 5 laps (RH)

Im sure there was a reason that you wanted that car when PD introduced it.
Its not like you need the extra help from an unusually quick car.
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1914946

I agree one lap pace doesn’t mean much, I was referring to the Trophy. I can match and beat one lap pace with quite a few cars. Suzuka in the daily’s is a handling track, everyone follows the meta we can’t say if it’s still OP from one track.

Not sure what my stats have to do with anything. I wanted the car because I like it I don’t need the extra help.

With this in mind I was curious what the new tyre model was like with a controller. So I ran a few TT laps at Tsukuba with a handful of cars, about 10 I think. A mix of MR, FF, 4WD and FR all on RH. About five laps with each. Doesn’t mean a lot in the scheme of enduro race but I didn’t come across a car that I couldnt get in the 57s. One lap pace with cars I tried were very similar.

Just because I’m interested I will be doing a lobby tonight and going to try out a few cars for fun, anyone is welcome to join me. Probably 10pm ish BST.
 
Two questions.
One if the player list is based on when we signed up. Then why am I listed before you? Didn't you technically enter this series first? Since you created it.
Two how long will you wait. Before you'll let the reserved drivers in?

You choose your car before me that's why your name is above mine.

I will probably wait 30 to 40 minutes.

Are you going to "rent" out any of the taken cars of people who will not make the August race to fill the field??

No because you are to drive your car only.

Edit.
They do keep adding cars to the Gr.4 & Gr.3 class and I'm sure they are not done yet. So it would fill up eventually once they have added enough cars.
More people than spots It has not been an issue until now and it still might not be.

It's too late for this race but, feel we have enough players to run a 2nd room. If you divided the entry list in half. Room 1 gets 12 players, Room 2 gets 11 players.

It's been discussed but we will see how the turn out really is come race day.
 
Last edited:
[QUOTE="Rinsky, post:
No because you are to drive your car only.
.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the regulars' cars who will miss this race. Possibly let some folks on the waiting list race if it wont be a full lobby? I dont know what the estimated turn out is going to be, the 2 races that I ran so far I think only had 12-13 drivers. Maybe a smaller turn out for Tsukuba is preferable anyway?? Makes no difference to me, on the other hand since I wont be at the pointy end of the field maybe more cars would be better for me to give the fast guys more grief.
 
Not sure what my stats have to do with anything. I wanted the car because I like it I don’t need the extra help.
.

I just mentioned it because I am guessing you would be running up at the front in any car. When I partake in my past time that I excel at I always give those that I am competing with some sort of advantage to help them be just as competitive.
 
@Rinsky

Did some testing with the TT vs. the Cayman. It's funny I didn't realize we were racing at Tsukuba, i thought everyone was just testing there so we can easily compare. haha.

So I took out the TT first, did 19 laps on Tsukuba. Not my favorite car for the track due to the constant management of understeer vs power down but I eventually got my time down. I was getting faster and faster and felt like I eventually do my optimal lap. Enjoyable to get the most out of.
RH Tires, BOP on
No Aids except ABS Weak
Brake bias to the rear, 3.
wheel: T300
Best lap: 58.235
Optimal lap: 57.892

Now the Cayman was more difficult over it's 20 laps than the TT and it was hard to do clean laps and go fast. It wasn't very enjoyable for the most part. Spun two times and had some squirrely moments. I wasn't getting good times down, almost always a small mistake somewhere. But on my last lap I was able to drive the car butter smooth and got a cracking lap! That was super enjoyable. Most of my laps were in the high 58's, about half way through my best lap was a 58.9 but my optimal was 57.9, which is crazy to me that I had that much speed but couldn't get it together. It was mentally draining to drive compared to the TT.
RH Tires, BOP on
No Aids except ABS Weak
Brake bias set to 0
wheel: T300
Best lap: 58.081
Optimal lap: 57.897

So these two cars became very comparable in terms of lap time. But I need to note the Cayman's style. It will understeer when you come in too fast, it responds to only mild trail braking. I forgot to test if ABS set to default would have made it worse. But this car when neutral (Not braking or accelerating) it has excellent turn in. Putting the power down is pretty good unless you have steering input that isn't butter smooth. It reacts very strongly to it. But if you are really measured with your throttle and steering the car can be really good. The smoother you operate the car the more it rewards you for doing so. But if you wring it's neck just a little bit it will squirm and lose speed.

It's really important now to understand what's going on with the tires. If you were standing one footed on a spring and you leaned to the left there's only so much you can lean before you fall over from the spring going out from under you. That's what it's like when your car slides, the tire takes so much tension then springs out from under you. If you are leaning on that spring and then lean forward (acceleration) suddenly, you'll likely fall. But if you adjust your weight forward gently from leaning left then your less likely to fall. Same thing with tires, you need to understand their limits: working within them, let them settle before the next change in direction, and gently transition between directions if you are mixing them. ex. Turning 100% -> Turning 75% Accel. 25% -> Turning 50% Accel 50% -> Turning 25% Accel 75% -> Accel 100%. Though drivers shouldn't be trying to use 100% available grip all the time, you'll be more consistent if you don't go over your limits of grip, so using 80% of your total grip on average will be much better. (google a Traction circle if the percentages isn't making sense to you.)

I went and tested for 4 laps on Nurburgring GP with each car after some warm up laps. This is my favorite place to test out and tune cars.
I did the same settings as the last time, BOP on, but this time I used a controller. I did this because I am still better on a controller in some cases, as I only got the wheel this year. On controller I know I am better at catching a car and counter-steering. For instance, I can't drift with a wheel yet but I can on controller. The point of this test was to see how the cars do with little practice on a track with more speed and corner diversity.

TT
Best: 2.07:665
OPT: 2.07:407

Cayman
Best: 2.08.558
OPT: 2.08.558

The Cayman had a horsepower disadvantage on this track due to the BOP. But I have to say it was much much better and enjoyable to drive! I did one spin in the session but overall the Cayman is far better suited to this track, more aerodynamic advantage to be used. It went through the High speed S much better than the TT for instance. The TT had too much power and ease of use to be beaten though. But if I spent more time I do believe the Cayman would get darn close to the TT on Nurburgring GP.

The reason I did this is because testing like this is fun for me and I want to help others understanding of the cars. I hope it proves helpful.

Rinsky I again set my car on the table here. I will happily give you the TT to drive if you like, that way you can keep racing with us. I think we all enjoy what you've created but moreso we've come to enjoy you and what you bring to the table. I'll leave it up to you, if you think a break is the right thing, if changing cars is the right idea, or simply having to start over fresh again. I'll leave it up to you.
 
Last edited:
You choose your car before me that's why your name is above mine.

I will probably wait 30 to 40 minutes.
30 to 40 minutes? By time they get the message and get in that's not going to give them much time to qualify.
 
It is enjoyable testing the cars I can definitely agree with that. It’s interesting your results are different to mine. It was only in TT mode so not race pace but I tried many cars, I was using a controller that I haven’t really used since getting a wheel, perhaps this was a benefit as not too used to it?.

Out of all the cars I tested, the cayman felt best, yes trail braking tricky but within 3 laps I beat all the other cars times at from memory a 57.7.
 
But I need to note the Cayman's style. It will understeer when you come in too fast, it responds to only mild trail braking

This is the two main thing that changed with the Cayman. It had no understeer before and it was excellent at trail braking. Plus it had stability.

Like you said the Cayman is down on power but it was those other traits that made it enjoyable for me to drive and what made up for its lack of power.

Now it underpowered, understeers, trail braking is all but gone and it's not stable anymore. No settings or amount of practice will change those characteristics that are now the Cayman. There is not one area that this car shines or is worth choosing over others.

GT finally got Porsche and they couldn't leave well enough alone until they made this one into a big pile of poo.

30 to 40 minutes? By time they get the message and get in that's not going to give them much time to qualify.

At least they will get in.
 
It is enjoyable testing the cars I can definitely agree with that. It’s interesting your results are different to mine. It was only in TT mode so not race pace but I tried many cars, I was using a controller that I haven’t really used since getting a wheel, perhaps this was a benefit as not too used to it?.

Out of all the cars I tested, the cayman felt best, yes trail braking tricky but within 3 laps I beat all the other cars times at from memory a 57.7.

Oooh! Nice! The Cayman was best on Tsukuba to you? What was your top five? How many laps a car? Love this stuff.
 
Back