MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,770 views
This is the two main thing that changed with the Cayman. It had no understeer before and it was excellent at trail braking. Plus it had stability.

Like you said the Cayman is down on power but it was those other traits that made it enjoyable for me to drive and what made up for its lack of power.

Now it underpowered, understeers, trail braking is all but gone and it's not stable anymore. No settings or amount of practice will change those characteristics that are now the Cayman. There is not one area that this car shines or is worth choosing over others.

GT finally got Porsche and they couldn't leave well enough alone until they made this one into a big pile of poo.



At least they will get in.

Is the Cayman kinda like the Gr3 911 and GT3 car where if you take your foot off of the accelerator it almost goes from a push to loose?? In the GT3 car this is way more evident because of the soft springs, but it is almost like you drive it by turning the wheel then modulate the throttle to get the car to turn how you want it to.
 
As always I will be the last minute driver. So people on the reserve list should always wait last minute if I will be able to stay awake. I will let you know in time if I feel I’m slipping away.

But I did notice you spinning out multiple times.
Yes have a lot of issues getting used to the Ferrari on a short track. So spinning a lot.

I am achieving lap times that start out in the low 58.xxx's and end up in the high 59.xxx's approaching and exceeding 1:00.xxx by the end of the stint.
That time is competitive enough for most of us so dont worry.
 
Oooh! Nice! The Cayman was best on Tsukuba to you? What was your top five? How many laps a car? Love this stuff.

I’ve run a fair few laps with different cars in race conditions this evening, will post up the times and my thoughts if you’d like or if anyone else is interested?

There’s definitely one that stands out!!
 
It seems the race will be pretty competitive then ! Doing 59 laps is pretty probable. The RH tyres will last no longer than 15 laps. By the end of that I am doing 1 min rounds as well. They are completely worn out.

So will definitely be a spectaculair race with cars all around the track which makes it really interesting !

The pit will be used almost all laps after some laps so it is very important people chose the right line. Some of us are used to take T1 on the inside but with many people coming out of the pit all the time I expect a bit chaos because the T1 will be used on the inside by pit-exiters. So we all need to be careful. People coming out of the pit, racers on the straight who are being passed with blue flags. Could be very intens !

Cannot compare this with Monza with a lot less cars close to each other and a lot of moments where you can rest a little bit on the straights. Tomorrow will be damaging our brain a lot more paying attention all the time.

So definitely will be a realistic race tomorrow with a lot of impact. Cant wait !
 
Last edited:
Well I’ll post up my testing last night, not sure if anyone is too interested but I enjoyed doing it.

Set the lobby up to race conditions and ran several cars up to a point they would need to pit, no fuel saving ran them flat out till they run out of fuel, around the 20-25 laps. I ran RH on all cars.

Cayman - Good car overall but you really have to drive it to perfection to get the most out of it. I found it quite difficult to really set consistent lap times. It does have good traction probably due to its gearing. It’s good on tyres and fuel, fastest lap was a 57.8 and was running between high 57 and low 58s for the stint.

Lancer - No problem at all with this car, very fast round here. Easy to be consistent and fast straight away. Fastest lap was 57.5 and running fairly consistent 57.6s until lap 10 where it suffers from front tyre wear and the times start to drop off to high 57s.

458 - I blame myself for the times for this one, car feels awkward roung here. It’s got pace but but understeers and it’s brakes aren’t as good as others. 57.9 but mostly 58s on a stint. It’s got more pace I think.

Citreon by GT - pretty quick car, loves the last corner it flies round there. Really good on tyres and fuel, I’ve never driven this one so it has more pace but over the stint fairly consistent 57.8s. Has really good traction out of the corners.

Mégane Trophy - very good car with lots of pace but it’s not got as good traction as some others. Good on tyres and fuel, one of the best I tested for this. Fastest lap was a 57.5 and running fairly consistent 57.8s throughout the stint. It has more pace than this I think.

Alfa 4c - This thing absolutely flies!! It has no understeer and really good traction. It’s tyre wear is almost non existent, it just gets faster and faster throughout a stint. I set a 57.4 on lap 13 and throughout the stint it was easily setting mid 57s. You have to drive the wheels off it but it’s an awesome car round here. It’s only trait is that on the right hand sweeping corner after the second hairpin it’s prone to lift off oversteer, but as long as you get back on the throttle early it’s fine, this actually helps setting a faster lap time.
 
Last edited:
Well I’ll post up my testing last night, not sure if anyone is too interested but I enjoyed doing it.

Set the lobby up to race conditions and ran several cars up to a point they would need to pit, no fuel saving ran them flat out till they run out of fuel, around the 20-25 laps. I ran RH on all cars.

Cayman - Good car overall but you really have to drive it to perfection to get the most out of it. I found it quite difficult to really set consistent lap times. It does have good traction probably due to its gearing. It’s good on tyres and fuel, fastest lap was a 57.8 and was running between high 57 and low 58s for the stint.

Lancer - No problem at all with this car, very fast round here. Easy to be consistent and fast straight away. Fastest lap was 57.5 and running fairly consistent 57.6s until lap 10 where it suffers from front tyre wear and the times start to drop off to high 57s.

458 - I blame myself for the times for this one, car feels awkward roung here. It’s got pace but but understeers and it’s brakes aren’t as good as others. 57.9 but mostly 58s on a stint. It’s got more pace I think.

Citreon by GT - pretty quick car, loves the last corner it flies round there. Really good on tyres and fuel, I’ve never driven this one so it has more pace but over the stint fairly consistent 57.8s. Has really good traction out of the corners.

Mégane Trophy - very good car with lots of pace but it’s not got as good traction as some others. Good on tyres and fuel, one of the best I tested for this. Fastest lap was a 57.5 and running fairly consistent 57.8s throughout the stint. It has more pace than this I think.

Alfa 4c - This thing absolutely flies!! It has no understeer and really good traction. It’s tyre wear is almost non existent, it just gets faster and faster throughout a stint. I set a 57.4 on lap 13 and throughout the stint it was easily setting mid 57s. You have to drive the wheels off it but it’s an awesome car round here. It’s only trait is that on the right hand sweeping corner after the second hairpin it’s prone to lift off oversteer, but as long as you get back on the throttle early it’s fine, this actually helps setting a faster lap time.

I bet if you spend more time in the Citroen it will go faster. It's almost hard to spin by getting on the gas too early, especially on softs, I was getting back on gas right after the apex pretty hard. Doesnt seem like it would be a good car on a small track because it looks big and kinda narrow for its wheelbase. Maybe PD did a poor job job with the ratio on the car or its deceiving. I used to drive it a lot in the daily's and I thought I would be in trouble here because it was never that good at Interlagos which is somewhat similar with long slow corners
 
Cayman - Good car overall but you really have to drive it to perfection to get the most out of it. I found it quite difficult to really set consistent lap times. It does have good traction probably due to its gearing. It’s good on tyres and fuel, fastest lap was a 57.8 and was running between high 57 and low 58s for the stint.

Well all I can do is switch cars for the next race and drop the Porsche something I thought would never happen seeing how much I liked that car.

Available Gr.4 cars
Mercedes
Scirocco
Hyundai
Jaguar

So out of the 4 available cars I like the AMG Mercedes the best. It has very good power and to my surprise it handles very well while being stable and staying planted.
After driving it for awhile yesterday I'm really surprised nobody has chosen this car yet.
I can beat my lap times against the Cayman because it's just a better car than the Cayman with the new tire model.
 
Nothing surprises me anymore.

The Alfa surprised me!

Thanks Venster ! I am looking more forward to tomorrow now with my 458..........

458 is a good car, it’s just one that I would need more time with to get the most out of it

I bet if you spend more time in the Citroen it will go faster. It's almost hard to spin by getting on the gas too early, especially on softs, I was getting back on gas right after the apex pretty hard. Doesnt seem like it would be a good car on a small track because it looks big and kinda narrow for its wheelbase. Maybe PD did a poor job job with the ratio on the car or its deceiving. I used to drive it a lot in the daily's and I thought I would be in trouble here because it was never that good at Interlagos which is somewhat similar with long slow corners

It has got more pace but like I say first time in it. It’s funny car really because you almost feel you’re driving it too slow then see the lap time and realise oh perhaps not. I think it’s the lazy sounding engine.

Well all I can do is switch cars for the next race and drop the Porsche something I thought would never happen seeing how much I liked that car.



So out of the 4 available cars I like the AMG Mercedes the best. It has very good power and to my surprise it handles very well while being stable and staying planted.
After driving it for awhile yesterday I'm really surprised nobody has chosen this car yet.
I can beat my lap times against the Cayman because it's just a better car than the Cayman with the new tire model.

Best thing for you to do I think, the amg is the a decent car, you’ll definitely enjoy it more if you are comfortable in the car. That was a car I was going to test last night but thought I probably should get some sleep!
 
I'll have to sit this one out tonight. I want to take my son to the track to watch the real thing. :)

This will make two races in a row for me. So the Corvette is open if anyone wants it.

Good luck tonight everyone!
 
Well all I can do is switch cars for the next race and drop the Porsche something I thought would never happen seeing how much I liked that car.

Switch cars for the race tonight, several others have swapped out cars, I find it unlikely anyone will complain, unless of course if you went back to the Cayman for the next race, that would smell a little fishy.

Practice at 6 PM CST, race at 7 PM CST?????
 
I can't believe you guys are going to run an endurance race at this track.

What cars are available?
 
I've made a huge mistake and thought the IRS Prototype race was tonight when it's next week. Vacation will do that to ya.

I'll join if there's room but don't make someone new leave if I get there late.
 
room open , iff anyone wants to do a little practise please join in
 
Update. I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning. The whole right side of my face is swollen and I'm running a fever. All at the worst possible time as I leave for Vacation in the morning.

I will have the lobby up but there is no way I can race tonight. Once you guys start racing I'm going to go crawl back up into a ball.
 
Oh man wishing you all the best ....

What about re-scheduling this last minute ? We have the new tyre model. Some people need to get used to the car. Which is difficult when 2 days before the endurance the entire tyre, grip and track model is changed. Some carslots are reopening. Some people want to change cars or switch lastminute. And last but no least: Rinsky needs some time off and is sick.

Maybe tonight we can do a short 30 minute test race instead of the endurance ?

Just an idea...
 
Update. I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning. The whole right side of my face is swollen and I'm running a fever. All at the worst possible time as I leave for Vacation in the morning.

I will have the lobby up but there is no way I can race tonight. Once you guys start racing I'm going to go crawl back up into a ball.
What happened?
 
Update. I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning. The whole right side of my face is swollen and I'm running a fever. All at the worst possible time as I leave for Vacation in the morning.

I will have the lobby up but there is no way I can race tonight. Once you guys start racing I'm going to go crawl back up into a ball.
Get well soon : (
 
Update. I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning. The whole right side of my face is swollen and I'm running a fever. All at the worst possible time as I leave for Vacation in the morning.

I will have the lobby up but there is no way I can race tonight. Once you guys start racing I'm going to go crawl back up into a ball.

I sympathize with you, get well soon!!!!!!

Have a great vacation!!!!!
 
Update. I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning. The whole right side of my face is swollen and I'm running a fever. All at the worst possible time as I leave for Vacation in the morning.

I will have the lobby up but there is no way I can race tonight. Once you guys start racing I'm going to go crawl back up into a ball.
Get well soon! Wishing you the best

Ans good luck to everyone as well in the upcoming race :)
 
Update. I had to have emergency dental surgery this morning. The whole right side of my face is swollen and I'm running a fever. All at the worst possible time as I leave for Vacation in the morning.

I will have the lobby up but there is no way I can race tonight. Once you guys start racing I'm going to go crawl back up into a ball.
Oh snap hope you feel better soon man.
 
Back