MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,801 views
So after some time away from the game I've decided to go buy a wheel setup and see how it goes. I'm driving back home from Vacation today then it's time to do some shopping.
Yes !!! That vacation really paid off !! Brilliant man, can’t wait to see you enjoy the game even more. One of the best steps you could make. Makes it so much more fun. Whole other level. And maybe you will not be as fast immediately. We will just see. Dont know your budget, but I love the T300 RS Alcantara. For you 3 pedals would also be a “must” although GTS is not always supportive. But as an N class lover along with the TH8 shifter its just brilliant.
 
Thanks everyone for the confidence to go out and buy a wheel because so many people can't be wrong.
Now @Infineon brings his wheel over to my house sometimes to let me play around with it. What I found out is I'm every bit as fast on the wheel right from the start but I'm not consistent and that's the part that scared me away. But it's time now.

We all have a new tire model to get used to so I may as well do it on a wheel before I get to comfortable on the DS4 and while I'm fighting being consistent again.

He is going to help me shop for one but he already knows I want the wheel the 3 pedal setup the gear shifter and a seat that won't slide around on me. I'm not easy on my equipment..lol
 
Be warned if you only race in GT don't buy a manual shifter. It's poorly implementd to the point of unplayable. Project Cars 2 or Assetto CorsaCthough give you a rewarding sensation when rowing gears
 
Be warned if you only race in GT don't buy a manual shifter. It's poorly implementd to the point of unplayable. Project Cars 2 or Assetto CorsaCthough give you a rewarding sensation when rowing gears

That's also what I have heard about the shifter in GTS. I have a spare paddle shifter that I am converting into a stick sequential shifter because I cant get used to the wheel paddles, I find my hands out of position to use the paddles sometimes and I have to search for them. Does anyone know if there is an H pattern shifter that is preferable with the Fanatec?
 
That's also what I have heard about the shifter in GTS. I have a spare paddle shifter that I am converting into a stick sequential shifter because I cant get used to the wheel paddles, I find my hands out of position to use the paddles sometimes and I have to search for them. Does anyone know if there is an H pattern shifter that is preferable with the Fanatec?
Sadly no. The bad clutch implementation is across all wheels in GTS. It's honestly quite frustrating since I bought a shifter specifically for the game :banghead:
 
Well that sucks. I would have only used it on road cars anyway and then used the paddle shift for Gr.4

But if the shifter is not worth getting for GTS then that just gives me more money towards the wheel.
 
Yeah the clutch is a on off switch, it’s worth getting three pedals though. I haven’t got a shifter haven’t had the need yet. Road cars can still use paddle shifters and you can use the clutch with the paddle shifters if you want.
 
Ok made my decision.
Screenshot_20180812-154818_eBay.jpg
 
Well I think it's time to release the next track location. I will not be keeping the September location from anyone since things didn't go as planned for the August race.
I really like one layout of the new track that was added in the last update and I think it has a great flow for our Gr.4 race. So we are going to be racing at
Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II for the September 1st race.

1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II
In game track time: 7:10
Fastest First set by host
Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Hard to Race Soft tires only.
Fuel X3 & Tire wear X3
No assist but ABS
Damage on heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
All penalties set on Strong
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off

Members & Car List for August

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.GTR - tatjana001
7.Lancer - Cooper2k
8.Megane - steviea712
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
14.Ferrari - Macboyilija - Out for Sept
15.Lexus - DesertPenguin
16.Subaru - bigbeefytaco
17.McLaren- Traels666
18.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
19.4C - TetsuKobura
20.NSX - micantony
21 Hyundai - Clean Racer - Out for Sept
22.Mercedes - Alpha Cipher
23.Jaguar- Obi-Tonobi



Available Gr.4 cars
Scirocco
Corvette
RCZ
Mustang
 
Last edited:
Honestly it's the only version of the track that drives well. Check out the second earliest time, it's got some nice views
 
Honestly it's the only version of the track that drives well. The in-game track time of one slot later than the earliest is well lit and has a nice sun coming through your view on the left turn towards the bridge

Ok I will check that out and the track time could possibly change.

Edit new in game track time is 7:10
 
Last edited:
I cant join this one Rinsky because of vacation.

Grats on your wheel amazing choice and would like to read your review ! I dont agree about the shifter though. The shifter with N class cars works perfect. Some have been changed after update 1.20 but some cars still have benefit with the shifter not losing the revs when shifting. But GTS has more focus on paddle shifting. Still when I shift manually man that is just cool ! Watch my MR2 short video on YT. Fun fun fun.
 
Dont let anyone tell you this is no fun :D



Too bad they killed the MR2 shifter disadvantage for DS4 users.
 
I cant join this one Rinsky because of vacation.

Grats on your wheel amazing choice and would like to read your review ! I dont agree about the shifter though. The shifter with N class cars works perfect. Some have been changed after update 1.20 but some cars still have benefit with the shifter not losing the revs when shifting. But GTS has more focus on paddle shifting. Still when I shift manually man that is just cool ! Watch my MR2 short video on YT. Fun fun fun.

You have a great time on Vacation.

That shifter looks like so much fun with the N-class cars. I still might get one just to play around with like racing the AI or something.
 
You can shift without the clutch entirely which is just weird. Sometimes I'll do that and not use my left foot for clutching but still take my right foot off the gas pedal. It gives the sensation of taking a hand off the wheel and I'm not cheating the system by letting off the gas anyway so it's not a seamless perfect shift like a paddle. This isn't realistic but at least you avoid it messing up and going into neutral. That loses so much damn time.
 
Dont let anyone tell you this is no fun :D



Too bad they killed the MR2 shifter disadvantage for DS4 users.

I meaaaannn, yeah it is but it's so bad competitively :(
I still use it for fun though. 3 pedals, H-pattern, ballz to da wallz rallying is the best
 
Back