MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,813 views
I think it has a better rhythm this way.

Turn 1 is admittedly boring as a 90 degree turn with wide road but it leads into a nice complex of sweepers. That ends with again a bit of a generic turn but it's okay because it's a connecting area. From the sweepers you head onto a long straight. This is where you will overtake someone if you got a better run out of the end of the sweepers. Next up is the bridge section. You see it coming over the road as you approach the uphill left sweeper. Almost like an on ramp on a highway. From the bridge is a fast switchback and two curved straights with turns at the end that require some but not hard braking. Leads to the last turn which is a little more open than Turn 1 and you're flying around for another lap. Sounds exciting right?
 
I miss the meter markers too, keep messing up my braking point right before the bridge. The rest are either 100 meters or right before green concrete part. And the little cabin on the side of the road at the end of the long straight. Overall it's a good track.
 
Cant use the brake markers for the race anyway, unless you guys are talking about something other than braking cones. I hope I get my wheel back before the race:irked::irked:
 
Even with cones off most tracks have white brake markers off to the side.

I surprisingly don't have any trouble braking here but I always find landmarks to go by. The only corner that gives me problems is the one right after the up hill sweepers and before the long back straight with the elbow. There is about 10 different lines you can take into that corner and it can really upset the car on some of them. I'm going into that turn at full throttle though.

My best time on RH is 2:22.373
 
I did not play last days so finally could make some picture of the setup. The plate is very usefull for the manual. Pretty big tv so it is as if I am sitting in the car.

csarhnh8.jpeg


ODRaLiIF.jpeg


oH7r3pz2.jpeg


bLcNjVGS.jpeg


2vSOo1yn.jpeg
 
I just tried race A Ferrari. Never drove that car. But with manual you are shifting a lot faster than with paddles. Love that ! Cause that car has no paddles in real life so exactly how it should be.

If anyone wants me to make a short video to see what I mean I will hear.
 
Even with cones off most tracks have white brake markers off to the side.

I surprisingly don't have any trouble braking here but I always find landmarks to go by. The only corner that gives me problems is the one right after the up hill sweepers and before the long back straight with the elbow. There is about 10 different lines you can take into that corner and it can really upset the car on some of them. I'm going into that turn at full throttle though.

My best time on RH is 2:22.373
Just curious but is that with or without tire wear and fuel consumption?
 
I think it has a better rhythm this way.

Next up is the bridge section. You see it coming over the road as you approach the uphill left sweeper. Almost like an on ramp on a highway. From the bridge is a fast switchback and two curved straights with turns at the end that require some but not hard braking. Sounds exciting right?

Not really no, this section is particularly ruined by the reverse layout. After the bridge is just an awkward left corner followed by a no challenge foot to floor right then left hand turn.

In the forward direction it’s much better and much more rewarding, get on the power as early as possible from the left hander, keep it to the left then drift to the right down the hill keeping it pinned as long as possible, downshift to keep it tight to the left before the bridge, brake and clip the apex and try not to unsettle over the bump and get on the power as early possible to maximise the speed over bridge.

It’s just better in forward direction imo
 
I did not play last days so finally could make some picture of the setup. The plate is very usefull for the manual. Pretty big tv so it is as if I am sitting in the car.

csarhnh8.jpeg


ODRaLiIF.jpeg


oH7r3pz2.jpeg


bLcNjVGS.jpeg


2vSOo1yn.jpeg

That setup looks great and is exactly how it would be here. I really like that.


Just curious but is that with or without tire wear and fuel consumption?

That's with tire and fuel at x3 on both. I only was able to turn that lap time once. I'm mostly in the 2:23 or 2:24 range under normal race pace.
 
That setup looks great and is exactly how it would be here. I really like that.

That's with tire and fuel at x3 on both. I only was able to turn that lap time once. I'm mostly in the 2:23 or 2:24 range under normal race pace.

For reference, I;'m right with you in the NSX. I did mine in time trial though and hit a 2:21.9 I think maybe once; haven't tested or tried with tire wear on though. There is time to be had coming off the corners to maximize the long straights though.

As i discovered at Tsukuba, the NSX seems to lack power under acceleration on the straights. Made it very difficult to pass anyone there unless i just crammed it into the 2 hairpin corners (as carefully as possible). Even if my overall lap time was faster, i still had difficulty passing, but that made it interesting and enjoyable.
Of course, I have a Thrustmaster t300rs and i get that weird glitch where the wheel suddenly activates the settings menu randomly when turning hard right. It can happen at the worst times too! In case anyone ever wonders why i suddenly ghost on hard right handers. I havent figured out how to solve it, but apparently it is common with this wheel/base. Luckily it doesnt cause me to go into a wall, but it does cost significant lap time when it activates the button.
 
For reference, I;'m right with you in the NSX. I did mine in time trial though and hit a 2:21.9 I think maybe once; haven't tested or tried with tire wear on though. There is time to be had coming off the corners to maximize the long straights though.

As i discovered at Tsukuba, the NSX seems to lack power under acceleration on the straights. Made it very difficult to pass anyone there unless i just crammed it into the 2 hairpin corners (as carefully as possible). Even if my overall lap time was faster, i still had difficulty passing, but that made it interesting and enjoyable.
Of course, I have a Thrustmaster t300rs and i get that weird glitch where the wheel suddenly activates the settings menu randomly when turning hard right. It can happen at the worst times too! In case anyone ever wonders why i suddenly ghost on hard right handers. I havent figured out how to solve it, but apparently it is common with this wheel/base. Luckily it doesnt cause me to go into a wall, but it does cost significant lap time when it activates the button.

My T300 does this, but in addition to that it constantly pushes up on dpad and on occasions it will pause it, press the ps button then try and share stuff not ideal and in a race
 
My T300 does this, but in addition to that it constantly pushes up on dpad and on occasions it will pause it, press the ps button then try and share stuff not ideal and in a race

YIKES !!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:


Even with cones off most tracks have white brake markers off to the side.

I surprisingly don't have any trouble braking here but I always find landmarks to go by. The only corner that gives me problems is the one right after the up hill sweepers and before the long back straight with the elbow. There is about 10 different lines you can take into that corner and it can really upset the car on some of them. I'm going into that turn at full throttle though.

My best time on RH is 2:22.373

I have not even driven that track yet, I will have to check it out tonight with the DS4, I should be able to lay down a competitive 2:52-3:02 time with my DS4. On the bright side my wheel is finally en route to being repaired/replaced, I hope it doesn't take more than a couple of days to turn it around. Since I cant race with the DS4 cause I suck so bad I have been grinding credits/XP, I started out in the low 46 range, about to level up to 48 tonight and now I have 2 of the $20 million cars, just gotta save up $15 million more. I may make to 50 before my wheel shows back up. Woe is me (and maybe you guys too) if I have to run the next race with the DS4. I would elect to start in rear to be out of everyone's way, I suppose I could just pit every time cars get near. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
Last edited:
Yes my T300 changes the brake balance or fuel map by itself, it's beyond annoying and can also make you crash in a corner by oversteering.
 
Yes my T300 changes the brake balance or fuel map by itself, it's beyond annoying and can also make you crash in a corner by oversteering.

It is annoying, sometimes I want to leave it on fuel map but I can’t else I wonder why im going so slow then I realise I’m in fuel map 6! Have to leave it on radar most of the time if timing deltas.
 
Update on our Club vs Club race against (RONR) Ready or not Racing.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ass-league-now-recruiting-all-welcome.363296/

The class has been chosen and we will be racing the N-300 class. It must be a true N-300 car so there will be no tuning down N-400 or tuning up N-200 to make it an N-300 car. The Xbow is also being excluded from this event so it doesn't become a one make race.

BOP will be on and full suspension, transmission and LSD tuning is allowed.

It is now on our group to pick the track location for this race.

If you are planning on racing in this Club vs Club event then please submit your vote on the track location you would like.

No other details other than what's posted above have been decided on yet. I will continue to update everyone on the details as they come available.

My first choice is for Interlagos
My second choice is for Mount Panorama
 
Last edited:
Update on our Club vs Club race against (RONR) Ready or not Racing.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ass-league-now-recruiting-all-welcome.363296/

The class has been chosen and we will be racing the N-300 class. It must be a true N-300 car so there will be no tuning down N-400 or tuning up N-200 to make it an N-300 car. The Xbow is also being excluded from this event so it doesn't become a one make race.

BOP will be on and full suspension, transmission and LSD tuning is allowed.

It is now on our group to pick the track location for this race.

If you are planning on racing in this Club vs Club event then please submit your vote on the track location you would like.

No other details other than what's posted above have been decided on yet. I will continue to update everyone on the details as they come available.

My first choice is for Interlagos
My second choice is for Mount Panorama
1st= Gardens
2nd=Interlagos
 
1st= Gardens
2nd=Interlagos

Either one of these 2 are OK with me, I suck the big one at the mountain, it also seems Panorama could cause a lot of contact issues on the narrow track between the walls. I think the thing where the game automatically puts you back on track is turned off for our races, if not there is always the possibility of getting punted into the grass at pit entrance and the game resets you past the entrance so you have to make another lap with no fuel. The pit entry speed is so slow there so you dont both the wall.
 
Either one of these 2 are OK with me, I suck the big one at the mountain, it also seems Panorama could cause a lot of contact issues on the narrow track between the walls. I think the thing where the game automatically puts you back on track is turned off for our races, if not there is always the possibility of getting punted into the grass at pit entrance and the game resets you past the entrance so you have to make another lap with no fuel. The pit entry speed is so slow there so you dont both the wall.

I'm not sure what the settings will be for the Club vs Club race but it won't be the same as our endurance race and some of the rules/settings will be more forgiving.

So far we have 3 Votes for Interlagos
 
@Rinsky, I'm officially pulling my involvement with the series. College is starting for me soon and I have to regulate how much races I can. Thank you for the Alsace race earlier this year,

No problem. Thank you for joining it was a pleasure and your always welcome back. Good luck with school.
 
My votes
#1 Broad Bean Raceway.

#2 Interlagos

#3 Nurb GP
 
Update on our Club vs Club race against (RONR) Ready or not Racing.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ass-league-now-recruiting-all-welcome.363296/

The class has been chosen and we will be racing the N-300 class. It must be a true N-300 car so there will be no tuning down N-400 or tuning up N-200 to make it an N-300 car. The Xbow is also being excluded from this event so it doesn't become a one make race.

BOP will be on and full suspension, transmission and LSD tuning is allowed.

It is now on our group to pick the track location for this race.

If you are planning on racing in this Club vs Club event then please submit your vote on the track location you would like.

No other details other than what's posted above have been decided on yet. I will continue to update everyone on the details as they come available.

My first choice is for Interlagos
My second choice is for Mount Panorama
Being that a majority of cars in N300 are Japanese. I'm going to vote Suzuka Circuit. And the X-bow R should never been put in N300 to begin with.
 
When will this race be held Club vs Club race be held?
 
What timezone do you think the race will be held ? The RONR is 8pm Central Time (US). That would be impossible for me. Its even later than the endurance.

To me Nurburgring GP or Mount Panorama.
 
Last edited:
I don't have any Information on a day or time yet because we are still working on other details right now.
 
I have decided to do away with the hidden track locations. It seems right before each of our races PD likes to change the game on us during their updates. This all but made the practice beforehand pointless.

So here is the remainder of our 2018 schedule with some changes. I will start working on the 2019 schedule soon if everyone is interested in continuing.


Sept 1st - Sainte-Croix B II -

Oct 6th - Dragon Trail - Gardens

Nov 3rd - Willow Springs -

Dec 1st - Circuit de la Sarthe -
This race will be our first Standing Start
 
I'll be skipping the boring dirt track a.k.a. Big Pillow hehe

Wait why is Le Mans standing start? Hell they all should except that one so we run like the 24 hour race. Just two cents
 
Back