MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
You can shift without the clutch entirely which is just weird.

I meaaaannn, yeah it is but it's so bad competitively
I still use it for fun though. 3 pedals, H-pattern, ballz to da wallz rallying is the best
You both probably dont quite understand the situation ? I cannot shift without using the clutch. You probably can because you are using the wrong cars. Cars that have a sequential gearbox cannot use a clutch of course. In those cars you can shift without a clutch using the shifter because you are basically using the shifter as a paddle. So you need cars that have a manual gearbox. So the VW Golf GTI doesnt work, because its not a manual in the game.

But the cars that have a manual gearbox mean you can only shift whilst using the clutch ! And in all those cars you were a lot faster than people with DS4 ! The only problem is that PD killed the delay for DS4 users with some cars. But I discovered it was not for all cars ! So you were indeed faster with the shifter with the cars that actually have manual gears. After the update its with some cars (not all anymore).

Last edited:
Saint Croix B II as in the reverse version?

That is correct.

What are you going to mount it to?

Still doing research on that. I have hardwood flooring in my house so I need something that will not move around. The PlaySeat is what I'm really looking at. Something everything mounts to and I can sit in it.

That is correct.

Still doing research on that. I have hardwood flooring in my house so I need something that will not move around. The PlaySeat is what I'm really looking at. Something everything mounts to and I can sit in it.
I am in the market for a new seat as well.

I saw this one on amazon yesterday. It looks pretty good and the price is good.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y167NNW/?tag=gtplanet-20

Here is another one I am looking at.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSR6OUU/?tag=gtplanet-20

If your looking at the OpenWheeler just note that the seat does not have a base and is almost flat on the floor. Would never work for me since I have a bad back and bad knees. I would never get out of that thing.

My Playseat I have now has a base so the seat is up off the floor and makes it easy to get in and out of. The two I posted links for are on a raised base as well.

Here is the OpenWheeler
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JJB6DWY/?tag=gtplanet-20

You can put a bit of carpet under it to protect the floors.

Choose wise my friend.

I am in the market for a new seat as well.

I saw this one on amazon yesterday. It looks pretty good and the price is good.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y167NNW/?tag=gtplanet-20

Here is another one I am looking at.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSR6OUU/?tag=gtplanet-20

If your looking at the OpenWheeler just note that the seat does not have a base and is almost flat on the floor. Would never work for me since I have a bad back and bad knees. I would never get out of that thing.

My Playseat I have now has a base so the seat is up off the floor and makes it easy to get in and out of. The two I posted links for are on a raised base as well.

Here is the OpenWheeler
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JJB6DWY/?tag=gtplanet-20

You can put a bit of carpet under it to protect the floors.

Choose wise my friend.

Awesome thanks for all that info

You both probably dont quite understand the situation ? I cannot shift without using the clutch. You probably can because you are using the wrong cars. Cars that have a sequential gearbox cannot use a clutch of course. In those cars you can shift without a clutch using the shifter because you are basically using the shifter as a paddle. So you need cars that have a manual gearbox. So the VW Golf GTI doesnt work, because its not a manual in the game.

But the cars that have a manual gearbox mean you can only shift whilst using the clutch ! And in all those cars you were a lot faster than people with DS4 ! The only problem is that PD killed the delay for DS4 users with some cars. But I discovered it was not for all cars ! So you were indeed faster with the shifter with the cars that actually have manual gears. After the update its with some cars (not all anymore).
I understand you, it's just that it's so hard to use it competitively because of the clutch issues. But yeah I still do use the clutch. Before the update though to maximize the potential of a car I'd upshift using a clutch, but downshift with the paddles. It's a pretty broken way of changing gears tbh :lol:

Rinsky: I have the PlaySeat challenge.

1004004013585155.jpg

Although it looks cheap, I prefer it much more than the hard PlaySeat listed above. Especially when you are using it in the living room and need to take it away when not Racing. So its not only movable, it even sits better and provides better support. To me that is, but might want to try it our before you think its cheap. I really like it much more than my more expensive PlaySeat.

And here is what you can buy to prevent scratches on your floor:

playseat_floor_mat_1024x1024.jpg

I will never trusytsomething like that. I've watched reviews and it wobbles too much for my liking. Ricmotech has some great designs if you can DIY it with wood and whatnot. I believe the GTOmega stand is a hard steel frame with good braces and relatively not too expensive

I will never trusytsomething like that. I've watched reviews and it wobbles too much for my liking. Ricmotech has some great designs if you can DIY it with wood and whatnot. I believe the GTOmega stand is a hard steel frame with good braces and relatively not too expensive

That is why I built this contraption
I also did not want the steering wheel flopping around when in use, some of those dont look too sturdy

I have heard nothing but good things about the GT Omega Racing cockpit over in the racing rig's section of this site. Everyone who has one seems to really like it.
If it's in your budget of course. That is truly what it depends on :-) I have seen some awesome $10,000 rigs too. LOL.

Wow amazing setups and it's so cool to see what everyone is using.

I never thought this would be the hardest part of the purchase and honestly though the wheel would be.
There are so many choices and its not like you can test drive one before buying it before being stuck with it.

So I'm going to list my requirements then maybe we can narrow it down.

1. I'm not easy on equipment so it must be sturdy.so I don't break it.

2. Hardwood floors are throughout my house so it will need to stay planted when using it.

3. It must be portable. I play in my livingroom next to my internet router and on my big screen TV. So when I'm done playing I will have to move it to a hidden storage spot.

I have heard nothing but good things about the GT Omega Racing cockpit over in the racing rig's section of this site. Everyone who has one seems to really like it.
If it's in your budget of course. That is truly what it depends on :-) I have seen some awesome $10,000 rigs too. LOL.

That might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen for a video game. I bet that has to cost several thousands of dollars. I would love something like that but that's just not in my budget anymore with kids.

No playseat challenge doesn’t wobble at all great design, especially if you have to move it. I use one of these and it’s fine, pretty heavy once the steering wheel is mounted but easily the best mobile option.

I’ve setup in a spare bedroom now with a dedicated tv so no need to move it, will probably change my rig at some point but the playseat is doing just fine still.

No playseat challenge doesn’t wobble at all great design, especially if you have to move it. I use one of these and it’s fine, pretty heavy once the steering wheel is mounted but easily the best mobile option.

I’ve setup in a spare bedroom now with a dedicated tv so no need to move it, will probably change my rig at some point but the playseat is doing just fine still.

That's great news because that was the seat I was thinking about getting at first. With me sitting in it then nothing should move around.

I already have extra felt pads around from putting them under the furniture around the house.

I do feel the first BOP on the Megane Trophy was noticeable. They just
Well I think it's time to release the next track location. I will not be keeping the September location from anyone since things didn't go as planned for the August race.
I really like one layout of the new track that was added in the last update and I think it has a great flow for our Gr.4 race. So we are going to be racing at
Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II for the September 1st race.

1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix B II
In game track time: 7:10
Fastest First set by host
Class Gr4 BOP on with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Hard to Race Soft tires only.
Fuel X3 & Tire wear X3
No assist but ABS
Damage on heavy
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
All penalties set on Strong
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off

Members & Car List for August

1.Lamborghini - TheColdWarriors
2.Porsche - RINSKY
3.Mazda - Infineon
4.Viper - racer233
5.Mégane Trophy - Venster
6.GTR - tatjana001
7.Lancer - Cooper2k
8.Megane - steviea712
9.Citroen - fastone371
10.BMW - MrRacingline
11.Toyota - DirtenDK
12.Audi - im2fst4u55
13.Vantage - WhiteFlight1
14.Ferrari - Macboyilija - out for Sept
15.Lexus - DesertPenguin
16.Subaru - bigbeefytaco
17.McLaren- Traels666
18.Veyron - Sheldonsuckz
19.4C - TetsuKobura
20.Mustang- RoadRageDudez
21.NSX - micantony
22 Hyundai - Clean Racer.
23.Mercedes - Alpha Cipher

Available Gr.4 cars
Scirocco
Jaguar
Corvette
RCZ
Circuit de Sainte-Croix B in reverse Interesting track choice. Most people don't use the reverse tracks.

And I like all three versions of Circuit de Sainte-Croix. With C being my favorite of them.

That's great news because that was the seat I was thinking about getting at first. With me sitting in it then nothing should move around.

I already have extra felt pads around from putting them under the furniture around the house.

It really is good and good value too!

Circuit de Sainte-Croix B in reverse Interesting track choice. Most people don't use the reverse tracks.

And I like all three versions of Circuit de Sainte-Croix. With C being my favorite of them.

I love version B but not tried it in reverse, worried it won’t be as good as generally aren’t as good in reverse but I haven’t tried it so can’t comment

There are very few tracks I like in reverse but the B layout in reverse just has a better flow to it than the forward layout. I also like the forward A layout as well but I'm not a fan of the C layouts for some reason or at least not for Gr.4

You all have some awesome rigs. Here's my set up. GTomega wheelstand with a hard mount adapter from Richmotech for my wheel (t150 is only clamp). It's foldable and expandable to a full rig. My plan one day is to add a seat mount from GTomega and pick up a seat from a salvage yard.
20180627_224953.jpg

There are very few tracks I like in reverse but the B layout in reverse just has a better flow to it than the forward layout. I also like the forward A layout as well but I'm not a fan of the C layouts for some reason or at least not for Gr.4
I'm not very picky when it comes to race tracks but, I tend favor high speed tracks and the short tracks. Love the C version because of all those long straights but, the A and B version still offer a lot of speed too. So I do like them very much.

Honestly the track in game I truly don't like at all is Blue Moon Bay Infield B. I just that layout incredibly lazy. And the bridge ruins the infield pond. I'm mean they could of used it for speed boat racing.

I built mine with PVC piping and went to the junkyard and pulled a seat from a Honda Prelude. :)

Wife has me keep it in the the corner of our storage area in the basement so no one can see it. :(

Rinsky about the PlaySeat Challenge. I have had both. The expensive one with steel frame and pro seat. And now I have the PlaySeat Challenge. The PlaySeat Challenge to me sits much more comfortable. That is the reason why I wanted to say dont get fooled by its cheaper price. It is personal, so test it out, but to me its much better.

As regard to the steering wheel: it is correct that the PlaySeat Challenge is less stable on the steer. But two points for this:

1. That is only a problem for people without experience. If you start playing you are moving around your hands like an idiot. With experience your steering turning needs to get much more stable. Its like drifting: when you start you move your arms around ecerywhere, later on you will get the vibe and controle your arms.

2. I have mounted my TH8 shifter on the PlaySeat Challenge myself, because there is no place for it. If you can do this yourself as well the heavier weight of the steal bar is keeping the wheel to its place.

So if possible test it out. I am sure you can find a local store ? See this clip to see how easy and quick you can fold it. I can do it even quicker myself than on the video:

And the PlaySeat stables itself balanced when its folded:

yXgq5Tv2.jpeg

Last edited:
Rinsky about the PlaySeat Challenge. I have had both. The expensive one with steel frame and pro seat. And now I have the PlaySeat Challenge. The PlaySeat Challenge to me sits much more comfortable. That is the reason why I wanted to say dont get fooled by its cheaper price. It is personal, so test it out, but to me its much better.

As regard to the steering wheel: it is correct that the PlaySeat Challenge is less stable on the steer. But two points for this:

1. That is only a problem for people without experience. If you start playing you are moving around your hands like an idiot. With experience your steering turning needs to get much more stable. Its like drifting: when you start you move your arms around ecerywhere, later on you will get the vibe and controle your arms.

2. I have mounted my TH8 shifter on the PlaySeat Challenge myself, because there is no place for it. If you can do this yourself as well the heavier weight of the steal bar is keeping the wheel to its place.

So if possible test it out. I am sure you can find a local store ? See this clip to see how easy and quick you can fold it. I can do it even quicker myself than on the video:

And the PlaySeat stables itself balanced when its folded:

yXgq5Tv2.jpeg

Nice set up!. And nice drum e-kit in the back ground by the way, do you play Rock Band 4 with it? Just curious because I do LoL. My apologies for going off topic with another game.

Just to finish up my comments about the rig. If it has to be portable, then that makes it easier to decide as the options are fewer :dopey:
I dont know what your body size is, but I purchased an Obutto Ozone a few years ago and the standard cheapo seats they put in those rigs are uncomfortable as hell for long periods of time. I am a larger man though, so it might be me :sly:
If you can DIY somewhat and get a rig without a seat built in, then find much more comfortable car seat used from some old junk car yourself, you will be much happier IMO long term. But you have to be comfortable or know someone who could mount it as a car seat wont be plug and play with any rig you buy.
two cents.

have fun in practice. i did some laps last night and it took a while to get used to the track, but i enjoyed it once i figured out the braking points (there are a couple blind curves and not the best braking markers :scared: )

Just to finish up my comments about the rig. If it has to be portable, then that makes it easier to decide as the options are fewer :dopey:
I dont know what your body size is, but I purchased an Obutto Ozone a few years ago and the standard cheapo seats they put in those rigs are uncomfortable as hell for long periods of time. I am a larger man though, so it might be me :sly:
If you can DIY somewhat and get a rig without a seat built in, then find much more comfortable car seat used from some old junk car yourself, you will be much happier IMO long term. But you have to be comfortable or know someone who could mount it as a car seat wont be plug and play with any rig you buy.
two cents.

have fun in practice. i did some laps last night and it took a while to get used to the track, but i enjoyed it once i figured out the braking points (there are a couple blind curves and not the best braking markers :scared: )

Thats why I chose to build one, (the fact that I have all the material in stock and the equipment made it an easy choice too) ergonomics is extremely important to me, you wont be able to do anything well if you are not comfortable while doing it and once again that flex thing would drive me insane. In that Playseat Challenge video I could see the wheel assembly moving up and down while he was steering. It also did not look like the dude was real comfortable sitting in it either. The wheel looked kind of low and his left leg looked like it was almost in a fixed position due to the fold over wheel mount. Now maybe the dude was 6' 6" tall, that I don't know. You really can't tell how comfortable someone is by looking at them. My point is it would really be nice if someone could go to a brick and mortar store and actually test sit a couple of different racing rigs but due to the interweb they are becoming as rare as hens teeth, pretty soon everything you buy will be from a picture on your computer. I certainly feel for anyone that has to go thru the process of finding just the right one the first time, not even considering having the hassle of trying to return one and waiting for another to come via delivery truck. It just took me a full week to get to talk to Fanatec and get an RMA to even send me wheel in for repair/replacement, its not there yet, its only ready to leave my house finally.

I also have the playseat challenge, I’ve never felt like it was unstable or moving about at all, your weight once you sit it it anchors it down. If you want a very easy portable set-up, it’s by far the best option out there.

Need to get some practice in, not drove any of these new track’s layouts yet!

Not sure I like it in reverse, flow is okay but most of the corners are blind or don’t have any braking markers much prefer the standard version.

Although I am a bit angry from an fia disconnect so perhaps I’ll like it tomorrow

Back