MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
I have decided to do away with the hidden track locations. It seems right before each of our races PD likes to change the game on us during their updates. This all but made the practice beforehand pointless.

So here is the remainder of our 2018 schedule with some changes. I will start working on the 2019 schedule soon if everyone is interested in continuing.

Sept 1st - Sainte-Croix B II -

Oct 6th - Dragon Trail - Gardens

Nov 3rd - Willow Springs -

Dec 1st - Circuit de la Sarthe -
This race will be our first Standing Start
Thank you. Now if you start allowing tuning and get rid of the Wall Penalties. I won't have anything else to complain about. I find hitting a wall with car damage on is already a enough of penalty to me. A 5 second penalty on top of that is just salting the wound.

Oh, I noticed the Willow Springs race doesn't mention which layout. Does that you are still deciding on it?

Also what happened to Nurburgring 24h in December? As much as I love Sarthe as it is my favorite track. We making 2 stops in France already this year. Think you should save Sarthe for next year and put Nurburgring 24h back as the season finale.

Last edited:
I'll be skipping the boring dirt track a.k.a. Big Pillow hehe

Wait why is Le Mans standing start? Hell they all should except that one so we run like the 24 hour race. Just two cents

Because the draft is going to play a big part at Le Mans and working out a draft partner before the race will be a nice advantage. So I want everyone close together.

Thank you. Now if you start allowing tuning and get rid of the Wall Penalties. I won't have anything else to complain about. I find hitting a wall with car damage on is already a enough of penalty to me. A 5 second penalty on top of that is just salting the wound.

Oh, I noticed the Willow Springs race doesn't mention which layout. Does that you are still deciding on it?

Of course it is the Big Willow.
Tuning is not going to happen with the Gr.4 class.

The Nurburgring 24h is not going to be a close race for most. It will be everyone vs the Track most of the race and with the addition of all the new tracks I wanted something more competitive with each other.

Lemans 2.4 hrs? :dopey:

I'm thinking something along those lines for the last race.

The Nurburgring 24h is not going to be a close race for most. It will be everyone vs the Track most of the race and with the addition of all the new tracks I wanted something more competitive with each other.
Yea it's a fun track to battle against but it has nowhere to really race another car. You already used Interlagos, Alsace, Yamagiwa+Miyabi, Monza, and Tsukuba. There's plenty more to continue through the start of next year, and hopefully then we get more tracks too

Because the draft is going to play a big part at Le Mans and working out a draft partner before the race will be a nice advantage. So I want everyone close together.

Of course it is the Big Willow.
Tuning is not going to happen with the Gr.4 class.

I'm thinking something along those lines for the last race.
The most important thing at Sarthe is speed and pit strategy. Sarthe is a very high speed a. It also has a very long pit. I would like to 2 hour race for the season final.

I didn't know if you were wanting another short track race. The Street Of Willow Springs could work for the Gr.4 class.

I hope the you'll take us to the Nurburgring 24h next year then. I was really looking forward to that race.

Big Willow is the perfect and only choice for this endurance.

LeMans final is brilliant ! If you do make it longer than 90 minutes (hope not!) please start 1 or 2 hours earlier if possible.

The most important thing at Sarthe is speed and pit strategy. Sarthe is a very high speed a. It also has a very long pit. I would like to 2 hour race for the season final.

I didn't know if you were wanting another short track race. The Street Of Willow Springs could work for the Gr.4 class.

I hope the you'll take us to the Nurburgring 24h next year then. I was really looking forward to that race.

We will absolutely Nurburgring 24h next year. I also thought with the new tire model it might be best to get a feel for things before we tackle the Ring. But we will get to it.

Big Willow is the perfect and only choice for this endurance.

LeMans final is brilliant ! If you do make it longer than 90 minutes (hope not!) please start 1 or 2 hours earlier if possible.

No damage to reality be had a Willow Springs but run off the track and it will be a challenge to get back on the tarmac.

I don't know if I will change the time or not for the LeMans final. I was thinking about no qualifying and your starting position is where you finished last race. Anyone new starts in the back. And use that hour we normally do qualifying in and add it to the race for 2.4 hr
Just an idea

We will absolutely Nurburgring 24h next year. I also thought with the new tire model it might be best to get a feel for things before we tackle the Ring. But we will get to it.

No damage to reality be had a Willow Springs but run off the track and it will be a challenge to get back on the tarmac.

I don't know if I will change the time or not for the LeMans final. I was thinking about no qualifying and your starting position is where you finished last race. Anyone new starts in the back. And use that hour we normally do qualifying in and add it to the race for 2.4 hr
Just an idea

That works for me, I will even volunteer to start at the back of every race.

Just an idea
There is no 2.4 hour setting. It skips from to 2 to 3 hours. The only way you can do a 2.4 hour race is if do a lap race and time it out so the race ends about 2.4 hours later. Which I think would be a headache to try to create.

I say run a 2 hour race. Cut Practice/ Qualifying by 15 mins and have us start at 7:45pm. Then it will only go 15 mins passed the normal race ending time.

The only way you can do a 2.4 hour race is if do a lap race and time it out so the race ends about 2.4 hours later. Which I think would be a headache to try to create.
It's not as hard as you might think. Just have to round up and know you won't get it exact. If someone can give me some average times they are running I can formulate a lap count for us.

As for the no damage possibility at Willow Springs - Big Willow. There are walls on the front straight, inside of turn 4, and there are exterior walls which can be hit with enough speed. Like going off at turn 9.

Dirt and grass, living or dead. Does not do a very good job of slowing down cars. Which is race tracks have started removing it. There if you go off track at Willow Springs, good luck to you and I hope enjoy your ride.

As for the no damage possibility at Willow Springs - Big Willow. There are walls on the front straight, inside of turn 4, and there are exterior walls which can be hit with enough speed. Like going off at turn 9.

Dirt and grass, living or dead. Does not do a very good job of slowing down cars. Which is race tracks have started removing it. There if you go off track at Willow Springs, good luck to you and I hope enjoy your ride.

Its a pretty simple track though, if you are not racing at 10/10ths which is usually only reserved for qualifying you should be able to string many, many laps without going off. Its all a part of racing, risk vs reward. In F1 that risk often resulted in death or injury, now its reserved to broken car parts in most cases, in a video game the risk is losing some time. I can tell you from experience that you will probably lose less time at Big Willow if you go off vs someone rear ending you at T1 at Monza and having engine and chassis/body damage that you have to slowly make your way back to the pit for.

There is no 2.4 hour setting. It skips from to 2 to 3 hours. The only way you can do a 2.4 hour race is if do a lap race and time it out so the race ends about 2.4 hours later. Which I think would be a headache to try to create.

I say run a 2 hour race. Cut Practice/ Qualifying by 15 mins and have us start at 7:45pm. Then it will only go 15 mins passed the normal race ending time.

Yeah it goes 1.5 2.0 3.0 so it would have to be done by laps and I know others have already done this. We have awhile to work on it but I definitely want to do something different for the last race.
I could even make everyone drive their Gr.3 counterpart for the last race to throw in a curve ball.

As for the Big Willow I have always enjoyed that track but it will bite you if your pushing to hard and that's what makes it fun.

Yeah it goes 1.5 2.0 3.0 so it would have to be done by laps and I know others have already done this. We have awhile to work on it but I definitely want to do something different for the last race.
I could even make everyone drive their Gr.3 counterpart for the last race to throw in a curve ball.

As for the Big Willow I have always enjoyed that track but it will bite you if your pushing to hard and that's what makes it fun.

Kewl new avatar pic !!!

I'm not willing to drive the Gr.3 Lamborghini for a 2.4 hours race. I don't like Gr.3 Lamborghini's handling. I'll will sometimes use it for the daily races but, not for a 2.4 hours. That just ruins the fun.

Plus Bugatti doesn't have a Gr.3 car for some reason. I guess Bugatti's licensing won't allow a drivetrain change.

Had a quick round in TT mode on Saint Croix, 2.20.6 on RH. It’s quite a difficult track to really hook up a lap but I think 2.19 is possible. No idea what good times are for here though never seen anyone else’s lap time XD!

I thought they nerfed that damn Megane Trophy. That's already 2 seconds quicker than the Cayman. I'm going to work on squeezing some more out of my car.

2:21 & 2:22 Have been posted by others so far

It's not as hard as you might think. Just have to round up and know you won't get it exact. If someone can give me some average times they are running I can formulate a lap count for us.
So I put in a 4:26.3 with some issues so I rounded down to 4:25.000. 36 laps would be 2h39m (go figure!) so let's make it 37 laps and it will be slightly over 2h40m. That took all of 15 minutes.

Had a quick round in TT mode on Saint Croix, 2.20.6 on RH. It’s quite a difficult track to really hook up a lap but I think 2.19 is possible. No idea what good times are for here though never seen anyone else’s lap time XD!
I did mid-22s in a practice race :lol::scared:

Apologies but once again it looks like I won’t be able to make this event due to my family coming to visit and stay at mine that weekend, as said before really do appreciate the gesture of being able to keep hold of the car but it’s not fair to keep it from others any longer so will make the non-trophy gr4 megane available for others to select.

Hopefully I can rejoin you guys at some point but good luck for the September race 👍

So I put in a 4:26.3 with some issues so I rounded down to 4:25.000. 36 laps would be 2h39m (go figure!) so let's make it 37 laps and it will be slightly over 2h40m. That took all of 15 minutes.
Is 2.4 hr not 2h 40m. 2.4 hours would be 2h 24m by actual time. So 32 - 33 Laps would do it.

My T300 does this, but in addition to that it constantly pushes up on dpad and on occasions it will pause it, press the ps button then try and share stuff not ideal and in a race

THIS IS EXACTLY ME!

T300:
- Presses up by itself
- Pauses by itself
- Presses home button by itself
- Presses share button by itself

Okay so we have the EXACT same problem? What the hell? I literally cannot complete a race because it will pause itself mid corner. I have embarrassed myself too many times.

Is there a way to fix this? Someone in another thread mentioned that it was because “the connection to the base” but I’m pretty sure everything is plugged in properly.

One question though, have you ever updated your T300?

Last edited:
Apologies but once again it looks like I won’t be able to make this event due to my family coming to visit and stay at mine that weekend, as said before really do appreciate the gesture of being able to keep hold of the car but it’s not fair to keep it from others any longer so will make the non-trophy gr4 megane available for others to select.

Hopefully I can rejoin you guys at some point but good luck for the September race 👍

Sorry you won't be able to make it again. Hopefully if or when you decide to join in again there will be a car available to your liking. Have fun with the family as they are always more important than a game.

Sorry you won't be able to make it again. Hopefully if or when you decide to join in again there will be a car available to your liking. Have fun with the family as they are always more important than a game.

Yeah just the way it goes I guess, believe me if I’m available on one of the future races, and there’s a spot open, I’ll use any damn thing... not fussed!

So I wanted to do some testing at La Sarthe on the draft. I got Infineon to help me and we ran the no Chicane layout.
In GT league I can actually push the car in front of me and by having my front bumper touching the rear bumper of that car and it works well. Things are completely different when running an online race and no matter what it would not allow me to stay touching Infineon's bumper.
It would always push his car away from mine no matter the speed we were trying it at.

Also no matter how close we could stay near each other it made absolutely no difference in the speed and PD did not program the draft into GTS. Two cars should always be faster than one when hooked up together on that long of a stretch. It made no difference at all and Alpha Cipher was able to run the exact same speed without being in our draft.

To me that's sad leaving such a big part of two cars working together out of the game. So I can forget setting anything up with with the draft in mind.

Draft setting on real isn't strong enough. In another league I'm in we switched it to weak and it works much much better. More what you would think it should do. Try that out

So I wanted to do some testing at La Sarthe on the draft. I got Infineon to help me and we ran the no Chicane layout.
In GT league I can actually push the car in front of me and by having my front bumper touching the rear bumper of that car and it works well. Things are completely different when running an online race and no matter what it would not allow me to stay touching Infineon's bumper.
It would always push his car away from mine no matter the speed we were trying it at.

Also no matter how close we could stay near each other it made absolutely no difference in the speed and PD did not program the draft into GTS. Two cars should always be faster than one when hooked up together on that long of a stretch. It made no difference at all and Alpha Cipher was able to run the exact same speed without being in our draft.

To me that's sad leaving such a big part of two cars working together out of the game. So I can forget setting anything up with with the draft in mind.
Kinda disappointing to hear that bump drafting won't work. I think it's due to online collision physics.
Also anyone down to have a practice session or race for this months track. Maybe tomorrow?

Last edited:
Draft setting on real isn't strong enough. In another league I'm in we switched it to weak and it works much much better. More what you would think it should do. Try that out

We tried it on all settings and the results were all the same.

Kinda disappointing to hear that bump drafting won't work. I think it's due to online collision physics.
Also anyone down to have a practice section or race for this months track. Maybe tomorrow?

I agree it is disappointing we even turned damage off penalties off and slipstream on real, weak and strong. Nothing worked like it should. We even tuned the transmissions to have a higher top speed.

Back