MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 277,930 views
Dont know iff any off you know who GTA_Tidgney is , but he went from G29 to fanatec and not so long after to the T-GT and he says that the T-GT is easier to drive with and has made him about 1/2 sec faster on a lap , on what track he refered to I cant remember , - regarding to who GTA_Tidgney is I can say that he was in the worldfinal in monaco and iff you dont follow his youtube channel you realy should , its called Tidgneyracing , he has just begun making video`s about braking throttle etc , everything you need to know that should end up in you getting faster , as I recall there will be 12 episode`s ......

I kinda wish someone here really knew him personally, Tidgney that is. And could get him to join in one race just to see how much better a top driver is compared to everyone else. To give everyone the personal experience of just how fast that really is and a benchmark to reach.
I also understand that this would probably be extremely boring to someone of his talent and nobody here could even come close to giving him a challenge.
 
I would say that iff you ask him he will come race , doubt he will be up for a 1.5 hour race though , but again you shall never say never

edit, I got to talk with him because he was commentating these races

 
Last edited:
I kinda wish someone here really knew him personally, Tidgney that is. And could get him to join in one race just to see how much better a top driver is compared to everyone else. To give everyone the personal experience of just how fast that really is and a benchmark to reach.
I also understand that this would probably be extremely boring to someone of his talent and nobody here could even come close to giving him a challenge.

You can always tag him ;), @Tidgney.

When and where is your next race?
 
Hey Guys :),

Thanks for the tag @rono_thomas !

Dont know iff any off you know who GTA_Tidgney is , but he went from G29 to fanatec and not so long after to the T-GT and he says that the T-GT is easier to drive with and has made him about 1/2 sec faster on a lap , on what track he refered to I cant remember , - regarding to who GTA_Tidgney is I can say that he was in the worldfinal in monaco and iff you dont follow his youtube channel you realy should , its called Tidgneyracing , he has just begun making video`s about braking throttle etc , everything you need to know that should end up in you getting faster , as I recall there will be 12 episode`s ......

First of all with the wheel increase of speed, the T-GT isn't half a second quicker, not sure I've ever said that, but don't worry I'm not being insultive here or anything just to let you know with that one :). The T-GT (I'm doing a review of it soon, although been saying that for months but it is soon :D), is to me the best wheel for GT Sport, it has amazing feel and is fully optimized for GT Sport so I'd expect it to be the case. No equipment is half a second quicker than anything else including Pad to Wheel over 1 lap in the majority of cases there might be some unusual exceptions in both pieces of equipment but once you're accustomed to your equipment it'll all be close in the end, both having strengths and weaknesses :). I went back on a pad last night for giggles as the stream said so, that turned out to be entertaining :D! Can't currently watch it due to F1 trying to claim rights on it and banning the video to be viewed globally but once it's cleared it's a funny old watch.

I kinda wish someone here really knew him personally, Tidgney that is. And could get him to join in one race just to see how much better a top driver is compared to everyone else. To give everyone the personal experience of just how fast that really is and a benchmark to reach.
I also understand that this would probably be extremely boring to someone of his talent and nobody here could even come close to giving him a challenge.

In terms of racing and events, I say to everyone I'm up for doing anything to be honest, I play GT for fun! The only issues I have is time, so if I have time for something I'm always happy to race. But working 8-6/7, editing videos and then FIA doesn't leave a huge amount of time, but as I say if there's time I'll happily race/commentate on anything as longs it's competitive and fair :D! My biggest thing and I say this all the time is I want GT Sport to be the best it can be, and for people to enjoy the game (You'd think I work for PD haha), if I can attend a race though I will, just give me a tag whenever an event is on with information and I'll happily join if available :)!
 
Hey Guys :),

Thanks for the tag @rono_thomas !



First of all with the wheel increase of speed, the T-GT isn't half a second quicker, not sure I've ever said that, but don't worry I'm not being insultive here or anything just to let you know with that one :). The T-GT (I'm doing a review of it soon, although been saying that for months but it is soon :D), is to me the best wheel for GT Sport, it has amazing feel and is fully optimized for GT Sport so I'd expect it to be the case. No equipment is half a second quicker than anything else including Pad to Wheel over 1 lap in the majority of cases there might be some unusual exceptions in both pieces of equipment but once you're accustomed to your equipment it'll all be close in the end, both having strengths and weaknesses :). I went back on a pad last night for giggles as the stream said so, that turned out to be entertaining :D! Can't currently watch it due to F1 trying to claim rights on it and banning the video to be viewed globally but once it's cleared it's a funny old watch.



In terms of racing and events, I say to everyone I'm up for doing anything to be honest, I play GT for fun! The only issues I have is time, so if I have time for something I'm always happy to race. But working 8-6/7, editing videos and then FIA doesn't leave a huge amount of time, but as I say if there's time I'll happily race/commentate on anything as longs it's competitive and fair :D! My biggest thing and I say this all the time is I want GT Sport to be the best it can be, and for people to enjoy the game (You'd think I work for PD haha), if I can attend a race though I will, just give me a tag whenever an event is on with information and I'll happily join if available :)!

@Tidgney

See told you guys, one of the most helpful if not the most helpful guys out there and will offer as much help as possible.

Would be great to have you in one of our races, I’m sure everyone would learn a lot from you for sure. I can let you know in the BSC chat when the next race is (my user name on GTP is different from my PSN)
 
You can always tag him ;), @Tidgney.

When and where is your next race?

January 5th - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya

We race the first Saturday of every month. We just finished up the 2018 season but I haven't released the full 2019 season schedule yet.

In terms of racing and events, I say to everyone I'm up for doing anything to be honest, I play GT for fun! The only issues I have is time, so if I have time for something I'm always happy to race. But working 8-6/7, editing videos and then FIA doesn't leave a huge amount of time, but as I say if there's time I'll happily race/commentate on anything as longs it's competitive and fair :D! My biggest thing and I say this all the time is I want GT Sport to be the best it can be, and for people to enjoy the game (You'd think I work for PD haha), if I can attend a race though I will, just give me a tag whenever an event is on with information and I'll happily join if available :)!

Sorry I didn't check my thread sooner but I really didn't expect you of all people to post in it :bowdown:

As I posted above we race the first Saturday of every month in our 1.5hr Gr.4 endurance race. I can completely understand the time issue and I would even be willing to make it a shorter race to help if necessary.
I will be releasing the full 2019 schedule very soon.
Again it would be an honor to have you join us in one race and I know many of our members would enjoy the ultimate challenge of racing against and with you.
 
As long as it’s not le Sarthe with me on controller in the trophy :lol:

Yeah I kept watching my radar on the 1st lap, you had your nose right under me at every apex then just faded away even before the first chicane at Muslane and the Citroen isn't a top speed car. I think it has a 7 speed gear box to make up for a lack of torque.
 
SPECIAL CAR SELECTION PROCESS

Just a reminder that the new car selection process is this Saturday December 15th for those wanting to secure a car to use the entire 2019 season. For those who do not participate there will be plenty of cars left on the available Gr.4 list to choose from on a first come first serve basis after the 15th for the many people who do not race every month.

This is the only fair way I could come up with for Reselecting the cars each year. @Alpha Cipher will be the person who is selecting the car and track we will be using on the 15th. This is to insure I do not even know what the combination will be since I'm taking part in this selection process.

Special Car Selection Saturday will be held on December 15th at

7:00 pm EST Eastern Standard Time
6:00 pm CST Central Standard Time
5:00 pm MST Mountain Standard Time

UK
12:00 am CET Central European Time
12:00 am BST British Standard Time

Universal
11:00 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated

At the beginning of every new season the car list gets wiped clean and for those who plan on running every race the entire next season (2019) you will now have the chance to battle it out to determine the order of the car selection process

If you do not plan on running every race then this selection process will not benefit you. Per the rules of this club your name and car will drop off the list for missing two consecutive months. Others like to switch out cars during the year so not drive the same car all year long. Just keep in mind the most popular cars will be taken and kept by people all year long who participate in this process.

A Special Qualifying Session will be held so everyone will be using the same car with the same setup on the same track. Nobody will know the identity of the qualifying car or the track location until we are all in the lobby on that day including me.
I will choose one person that's not going to participate in this event to select the Car & Track for us. They will then enter the lobby on this day and reveal their choice to everyone for the first time. There will only be one restriction for the Car & Track selection and that is no 10 to 20 million credit cars because not everyone has or can afford them all.

The person with the fastest qualifying time gets to choose their Gr.4 Car first for the season.
The Gr.4 Car selection will continue in this order based on the qualifying times.

You will have the out lap for a warm up and then the next lap will be your qualifying lap. One lap is all you get so make it count.
Only one person will be allowed on the track at any given time during this Special Car Selection Qualifying Round. Everyone's cars will remain in the pits until your name is called upon to run your qualifying lap.

At no time will anyone be permitted on the track other than to do their qualifying lap. If you are caught driving on the track at any time other than your qualifying lap you will be disqualified from Car Selection Event.

Once you are finished with your qualifying lap please exit the track to the lobby screen where you can watch others run their qualifying laps. This will insure each person will have the track all to themselves but at the same time everyone will be able to watch your qualifying run (The pressures on).
I will record everyone's lap times after each run and set the grid order based on those lap times. Then we will go down that list in order based on fastest first as you will choose an Available Gr.4 Car that you wish to use for the entire season when it gets to you.

This special Qualifying Round will be held December 15th before the holidays and before New Season Begins.

Settings.
1. One lap
2. Tires will be Race Softs or Sport Softs depending on the car type.
3. Track limit penalties will be set to high
4. Damage will be set to heavy
5. Car will remain completely stock with no tuning allowed except for the tire compound upgrade

Just like in real racing push your car to hard and wreck and your qualifying run will be destroyed.
Abused the track limits and penalty will cost you a decent time.
There are some very sought after cars that will be on everyone list.
You will have to be on your best and not let the pressure or challenges facing you stand in your way for a chance at obtaining one of your top picks.


Good luck everyone.



Gr.4 Megane Trophy

Upcoming car change for the 2019 season

There has been alot of talk concerning the Gr.4 Megane Trophy and if it should be banned from this Series due to it's dominance over every other Gr.4 car on almost all tracks.

I have received messages from many people on this topic and rightfully so. In the hands of a top driver this car is becomes an unfair advantage seen by most. So many people have asked what my course of action will be concerning this car for the upcoming 2019 season.

I have a few options that I can take.

#1 Remove the Megane Trophy from competition altogether.

#2 Put a handicap on the car for the entire season making winning a more difficult job.

#3 Give this car to the person who had the worst overall performance throughout the 2018 season. Someone who would benefit from having an extra boost to help the become more competitive but won't run away winning a majority of the races if any.

My decision is option #3 because It's always my goal to help our races become more competitive if at all possible.

This decision will not automatically make someone better overnight. The Megane Trophy can be a very tail happy car with TC off so it has the ability to bite you just as much as help you. It will be up to the individual to practice and learn how it drives should they decide to use it.
Should the person decide not to use the Megane Trophy it will not go to the available Gr.4 car list...Actually it will never go on that list.
We will continue to use the car in this manner to help people out until we see dramatic improvements in the user's performance or until the car gets the correct BOP adjustments it so desperately needs. Like always I will monitor the situation and if it doesn't appear to be helping or becomes a problem among other racers then the #1 option will become my next course of action.

@Infineon will be the owner of the Megane Trophy for the 2019 season. Infineon has raced with us from the beginning and for every race. He had some very bad luck in 2018 along with the growing pains of moving from the DS4 to a wheel. His overall performance for 2018 season qualifies him as the 1st person in line for the Megane Trophy and I feel no one is more deserving due to his dedication for not giving up and continuing to race and learn from everyone here.

Any questions feel free to ask.​
 
My personal opinion on the Megane Trophy I agree with the people that it should not be in the Gr.4 class at all to begin with.
The Gr.4 class cars is based off the GT4 cars in real life. The Megane Trophy is designed for Renault's real life one make series and is too heavily modified from the base car to fit in with GT4.
Why PDI put it Gr.4 is beyond me. Renault already had a Gr.4 car and doesn't need 2 cars.
 
SPECIAL CAR SELECTION PROCESS

Just a reminder that the new car selection process is this Saturday December 15th for those wanting to secure a car to use the entire 2019 season. For those who do not participate there will be plenty of cars left on the available Gr.4 list to choose from on a first come first serve basis after the 15th for the many people who do not race every month.

This is the only fair way I could come up with for Reselecting the cars each year. @Alpha Cipher will be the person who is selecting the car and track we will be using on the 15th. This is to insure I do not even know what the combination will be since I'm taking part in this selection process.

Special Car Selection Saturday will be held on December 15th at

7:00 pm EST Eastern Standard Time
6:00 pm CST Central Standard Time
5:00 pm MST Mountain Standard Time

UK
12:00 am CET Central European Time
12:00 am BST British Standard Time

Universal
11:00 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated

At the beginning of every new season the car list gets wiped clean and for those who plan on running every race the entire next season (2019) you will now have the chance to battle it out to determine the order of the car selection process

If you do not plan on running every race then this selection process will not benefit you. Per the rules of this club your name and car will drop off the list for missing two consecutive months. Others like to switch out cars during the year so not drive the same car all year long. Just keep in mind the most popular cars will be taken and kept by people all year long who participate in this process.

A Special Qualifying Session will be held so everyone will be using the same car with the same setup on the same track. Nobody will know the identity of the qualifying car or the track location until we are all in the lobby on that day including me.
I will choose one person that's not going to participate in this event to select the Car & Track for us. They will then enter the lobby on this day and reveal their choice to everyone for the first time. There will only be one restriction for the Car & Track selection and that is no 10 to 20 million credit cars because not everyone has or can afford them all.

The person with the fastest qualifying time gets to choose their Gr.4 Car first for the season.
The Gr.4 Car selection will continue in this order based on the qualifying times.

You will have the out lap for a warm up and then the next lap will be your qualifying lap. One lap is all you get so make it count.
Only one person will be allowed on the track at any given time during this Special Car Selection Qualifying Round. Everyone's cars will remain in the pits until your name is called upon to run your qualifying lap.

At no time will anyone be permitted on the track other than to do their qualifying lap. If you are caught driving on the track at any time other than your qualifying lap you will be disqualified from Car Selection Event.

Once you are finished with your qualifying lap please exit the track to the lobby screen where you can watch others run their qualifying laps. This will insure each person will have the track all to themselves but at the same time everyone will be able to watch your qualifying run (The pressures on).
I will record everyone's lap times after each run and set the grid order based on those lap times. Then we will go down that list in order based on fastest first as you will choose an Available Gr.4 Car that you wish to use for the entire season when it gets to you.

This special Qualifying Round will be held December 15th before the holidays and before New Season Begins.

Settings.
1. One lap
2. Tires will be Race Softs or Sport Softs depending on the car type.
3. Track limit penalties will be set to high
4. Damage will be set to heavy
5. Car will remain completely stock with no tuning allowed except for the tire compound upgrade

Just like in real racing push your car to hard and wreck and your qualifying run will be destroyed.
Abused the track limits and penalty will cost you a decent time.
There are some very sought after cars that will be on everyone list.
You will have to be on your best and not let the pressure or challenges facing you stand in your way for a chance at obtaining one of your top picks.


Good luck everyone.



Gr.4 Megane Trophy

Upcoming car change for the 2019 season

There has been alot of talk concerning the Gr.4 Megane Trophy and if it should be banned from this Series due to it's dominance over every other Gr.4 car on almost all tracks.

I have received messages from many people on this topic and rightfully so. In the hands of a top driver this car is becomes an unfair advantage seen by most. So many people have asked what my course of action will be concerning this car for the upcoming 2019 season.

I have a few options that I can take.

#1 Remove the Megane Trophy from competition altogether.

#2 Put a handicap on the car for the entire season making winning a more difficult job.

#3 Give this car to the person who had the worst overall performance throughout the 2018 season. Someone who would benefit from having an extra boost to help the become more competitive but won't run away winning a majority of the races if any.

My decision is option #3 because It's always my goal to help our races become more competitive if at all possible.

This decision will not automatically make someone better overnight. The Megane Trophy can be a very tail happy car with TC off so it has the ability to bite you just as much as help you. It will be up to the individual to practice and learn how it drives should they decide to use it.
Should the person decide not to use the Megane Trophy it will not go to the available Gr.4 car list...Actually it will never go on that list.
We will continue to use the car in this manner to help people out until we see dramatic improvements in the user's performance or until the car gets the correct BOP adjustments it so desperately needs. Like always I will monitor the situation and if it doesn't appear to be helping or becomes a problem among other racers then the #1 option will become my next course of action.

@Infineon will be the owner of the Megane Trophy for the 2019 season. Infineon has raced with us from the beginning and for every race. He had some very bad luck in 2018 along with the growing pains of moving from the DS4 to a wheel. His overall performance for 2018 season qualifies him as the 1st person in line for the Megane Trophy and I feel no one is more deserving due to his dedication for not giving up and continuing to race and learn from everyone here.

Any questions feel free to ask.​

I thought for sure by that criteria I had the Trophy.
Do we have choose our car on the 15th or can we take a couple of days to try some out?
I sure I will be bottom qualifier unless some one bins it worse that me.:lol:
 
I thought for sure by that criteria I had the Trophy.
Do we have choose our car on the 15th or can we take a couple of days to try some out?
I sure I will be bottom qualifier unless some one bins it worse that me.:lol:

There would be a few who could qualify for the Trophy if Infineon turns it down but he had the worst overall finish for the year. I still have all the race results saved on my phone. I'm not saying anything bad about him because of it and if it wasn't him then it would have to be someone else right? Somebody will always be on the bottom even if the race was full of the top drivers in this game.
Its something to try out to see if it helps rather than scraping the car altogether. I would like to see it benefit him to the point he is challenging me every race.

As for your question on selecting the car on the 15th. That answer is yes you must pick your car once we are done with the qualifying process in the lobby that day. I don't expect over 10 people to participate that day so everyone should have a top 10 list of cars they like the most.

I'm posting the 2019 schedule right after we are done and the list of available cars left so others can pick from that list quickly and start practicing for the next race in two weeks from that day.
 
The GR4 cars seem tough to choose a "better" car than GR3 or GR2 classes in which I think have clear cut favorites. Especially being an endurance race it is nice to know what tire wear is like and that I have no idea about in other GR4 cars. I suppose I better try out a few cars this week.

Is there any track not available in the selection format like The Green Hell or can any track in any variation show up on Saturday?
 
The GR4 cars seem tough to choose a "better" car than GR3 or GR2 classes in which I think have clear cut favorites. Especially being an endurance race it is nice to know what tire wear is like and that I have no idea about in other GR4 cars. I suppose I better try out a few cars this week.

Is there any track not available in the selection format like The Green Hell or can any track in any variation show up on Saturday?
Any track mwahahahahahaha ;)
 
Sorry I didn't check my thread sooner but I really didn't expect you of all people to post in it :bowdown:

As I posted above we race the first Saturday of every month in our 1.5hr Gr.4 endurance race. I can completely understand the time issue and I would even be willing to make it a shorter race to help if necessary.
I will be releasing the full 2019 schedule very soon.
Again it would be an honor to have you join us in one race and I know many of our members would enjoy the ultimate challenge of racing against and with you.

Haha, I'll post anywhere as I say I play for fun and happy to answer anyone!

It sounds good, Saturday can be tricky with FIA races but if there's ever a break from the FIA, or alternatively I don't need to race a particular Saturday and you're racing and be absolutely happy to race! Please don't change a schedule just for me though, you've got a good thing organised and shouldn't just alter it to try get me in :)! I'll try to keep an eye out but if there's ever a break in the FIA race and you are doing a race and I might not have posted I'm coming feel free to just keep nudging me and I'll take a look :D!

@Tidgney

See told you guys, one of the most helpful if not the most helpful guys out there and will offer as much help as possible.

Would be great to have you in one of our races, I’m sure everyone would learn a lot from you for sure. I can let you know in the BSC chat when the next race is (my user name on GTP is different from my PSN)

To kind mate! I'm just friendly because I think people should enjoy life :D! Life can be so harsh at times so if I can make people a slight bit happier, or enjoy their lives a bit more I'll help out where I can :)!
 
Haha, I'll post anywhere as I say I play for fun and happy to answer anyone!

It sounds good, Saturday can be tricky with FIA races but if there's ever a break from the FIA, or alternatively I don't need to race a particular Saturday and you're racing and be absolutely happy to race! Please don't change a schedule just for me though, you've got a good thing organised and shouldn't just alter it to try get me in :)! I'll try to keep an eye out but if there's ever a break in the FIA race and you are doing a race and I might not have posted I'm coming feel free to just keep nudging me and I'll take a look :D!



To kind mate! I'm just friendly because I think people should enjoy life :D! Life can be so harsh at times so if I can make people a slight bit happier, or enjoy their lives a bit more I'll help out where I can :)!

Dont think you have seen what time off day the races are beeing driven :) 7pm eastern ;)

You surely could make me a bit more happy iff you would drive my cars in national and manufactor so I could get out off my home when joining one off the FIA races round the world after you have qualyfied for it , pleeeeease , pretty pleeeease 💡
 
SPECIAL CAR SELECTION PROCESS

Just a reminder that the new car selection process is this Saturday December 15th for those wanting to secure a car to use the entire 2019 season. For those who do not participate there will be plenty of cars left on the available Gr.4 list to choose from on a first come first serve basis after the 15th for the many people who do not race every month.

This is the only fair way I could come up with for Reselecting the cars each year. @Alpha Cipher will be the person who is selecting the car and track we will be using on the 15th. This is to insure I do not even know what the combination will be since I'm taking part in this selection process.

Special Car Selection Saturday will be held on December 15th at

7:00 pm EST Eastern Standard Time
6:00 pm CST Central Standard Time
5:00 pm MST Mountain Standard Time

UK
12:00 am CET Central European Time
12:00 am BST British Standard Time

Universal
11:00 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated

At the beginning of every new season the car list gets wiped clean and for those who plan on running every race the entire next season (2019) you will now have the chance to battle it out to determine the order of the car selection process

If you do not plan on running every race then this selection process will not benefit you. Per the rules of this club your name and car will drop off the list for missing two consecutive months. Others like to switch out cars during the year so not drive the same car all year long. Just keep in mind the most popular cars will be taken and kept by people all year long who participate in this process.

A Special Qualifying Session will be held so everyone will be using the same car with the same setup on the same track. Nobody will know the identity of the qualifying car or the track location until we are all in the lobby on that day including me.
I will choose one person that's not going to participate in this event to select the Car & Track for us. They will then enter the lobby on this day and reveal their choice to everyone for the first time. There will only be one restriction for the Car & Track selection and that is no 10 to 20 million credit cars because not everyone has or can afford them all.

The person with the fastest qualifying time gets to choose their Gr.4 Car first for the season.
The Gr.4 Car selection will continue in this order based on the qualifying times.

You will have the out lap for a warm up and then the next lap will be your qualifying lap. One lap is all you get so make it count.
Only one person will be allowed on the track at any given time during this Special Car Selection Qualifying Round. Everyone's cars will remain in the pits until your name is called upon to run your qualifying lap.

At no time will anyone be permitted on the track other than to do their qualifying lap. If you are caught driving on the track at any time other than your qualifying lap you will be disqualified from Car Selection Event.

Once you are finished with your qualifying lap please exit the track to the lobby screen where you can watch others run their qualifying laps. This will insure each person will have the track all to themselves but at the same time everyone will be able to watch your qualifying run (The pressures on).
I will record everyone's lap times after each run and set the grid order based on those lap times. Then we will go down that list in order based on fastest first as you will choose an Available Gr.4 Car that you wish to use for the entire season when it gets to you.

This special Qualifying Round will be held December 15th before the holidays and before New Season Begins.

Settings.
1. One lap
2. Tires will be Race Softs or Sport Softs depending on the car type.
3. Track limit penalties will be set to high
4. Damage will be set to heavy
5. Car will remain completely stock with no tuning allowed except for the tire compound upgrade

Just like in real racing push your car to hard and wreck and your qualifying run will be destroyed.
Abused the track limits and penalty will cost you a decent time.
There are some very sought after cars that will be on everyone list.
You will have to be on your best and not let the pressure or challenges facing you stand in your way for a chance at obtaining one of your top picks.


Good luck everyone.



Gr.4 Megane Trophy

Upcoming car change for the 2019 season

There has been alot of talk concerning the Gr.4 Megane Trophy and if it should be banned from this Series due to it's dominance over every other Gr.4 car on almost all tracks.

I have received messages from many people on this topic and rightfully so. In the hands of a top driver this car is becomes an unfair advantage seen by most. So many people have asked what my course of action will be concerning this car for the upcoming 2019 season.

I have a few options that I can take.

#1 Remove the Megane Trophy from competition altogether.

#2 Put a handicap on the car for the entire season making winning a more difficult job.

#3 Give this car to the person who had the worst overall performance throughout the 2018 season. Someone who would benefit from having an extra boost to help the become more competitive but won't run away winning a majority of the races if any.

My decision is option #3 because It's always my goal to help our races become more competitive if at all possible.

This decision will not automatically make someone better overnight. The Megane Trophy can be a very tail happy car with TC off so it has the ability to bite you just as much as help you. It will be up to the individual to practice and learn how it drives should they decide to use it.
Should the person decide not to use the Megane Trophy it will not go to the available Gr.4 car list...Actually it will never go on that list.
We will continue to use the car in this manner to help people out until we see dramatic improvements in the user's performance or until the car gets the correct BOP adjustments it so desperately needs. Like always I will monitor the situation and if it doesn't appear to be helping or becomes a problem among other racers then the #1 option will become my next course of action.

@Infineon will be the owner of the Megane Trophy for the 2019 season. Infineon has raced with us from the beginning and for every race. He had some very bad luck in 2018 along with the growing pains of moving from the DS4 to a wheel. His overall performance for 2018 season qualifies him as the 1st person in line for the Megane Trophy and I feel no one is more deserving due to his dedication for not giving up and continuing to race and learn from everyone here.

Any questions feel free to ask.​


Will definitely be turning up for this it’s a great idea and looking forward to it. Should be fun to watch everyone do their laps, no pressure :lol:

As for Trophy I completely agree if it makes someone more competitive they should absolutely have it, definitely happy to make someone more competitive we all want close races and close battles make these races great.

I had no intentions of picking the Trophy again for next year, it’s been fun but I want to change. The other thing I would say is it’s not actually that OP if OP at all from a BOP point of view. It was yes for sure, throw it at a handling track it will do well for sure but not many tracks it dominates on now if any. A 4c will out pace the trophy on the those tracks and that car is probably even better on tyres. The Cayman is way more OP than the trophy these days, many more tracks that car dominates on.

I completely support the decision you’ve made though, we definitely need to help anyone that needs more pace for sure. I’m just not sure the Trophy is the OP prize that will provide that.
 
Any track mwahahahahahaha ;)

Thats what I am afraid of, Im pulling my hair trying to think like Mr. Alpha so I can get a head start by predicting the track you will pick. Just so you know, I am freakishly fast at both Mt. Panorama and The Green Hell, all I do is run practice laps at those 2 tracks in GR4 cars. :D:D:D I just wanted to let you know so you can keep it fair for everyone, I dont want an advantage.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :cheers:
 
Is there any track not available in the selection format like The Green Hell or can any track in any variation show up on Saturday?

Tire wear will never go above x3 because RS & RM will be our only tire compounds used for next season.
Yes @Alpha Cipher has free choice of any track in the game but there is a limit cap on the price of the car he can choose. So no 5 million credit or more cars.
I'm very excited to see what he comes up with for us.

Haha, I'll post anywhere as I say I play for fun and happy to answer anyone!

It sounds good, Saturday can be tricky with FIA races but if there's ever a break from the FIA, or alternatively I don't need to race a particular Saturday and you're racing and be absolutely happy to race! Please don't change a schedule just for me though, you've got a good thing organised and shouldn't just alter it to try get me in :)! I'll try to keep an eye out but if there's ever a break in the FIA race and you are doing a race and I might not have posted I'm coming feel free to just keep nudging me and I'll take a look :D!

Sounds great. We do race on the first Saturday of every month so there will be a few breaks in the FIA competition. Honestly though I don't have a problem moving one race to fit you in if need be as it would be a very special occasion for us to have someone of your talent to grace us and it would be well worth the move. Plenty of time to figure all that out though.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to even discuss such an event with you and I look forward to watching you race again at the highest levels within this game. :cheers:


Will definitely be turning up for this it’s a great idea and looking forward to it. Should be fun to watch everyone do their laps, no pressure :lol:

That what I was thinking because it's not to often you will need to perform with all eyes watching adding in that extra pressure especially with no practice on the car track combo. This should somewhat give everyone an idea of what the top players go through in the FIA Championship with all eyes watching except their pressure is like a 100 times more intense as they have thousands watching the performance.

I already knew you would not take the Megane Trophy again and I felt this was a good time to try and see if it could help someone out.
It's kinda sad that you say the Porsche is a better car but yet I never finished higher than 3rd last year in it and my average finish was mid pack.
Just goes to show you no matter how good the car if the talent behind the wheel is not great then neither will the finishing position. However I was very clean and constant all year long and that I'm proud of.

I would love to have my car again but I know that probably won't happen but I have a few other cars that I want and I wouldn't mind trying out for next year. Really looking forward to this Saturday to see how everything plays out.
 
Tire wear will never go above x3 because RS & RM will be our only tire compounds used for next season.
Yes @Alpha Cipher has free choice of any track in the game but there is a limit cap on the price of the car he can choose. So no 5 million credit or more cars.
I'm very excited to see what he comes up with for us.



Sounds great. We do race on the first Saturday of every month so there will be a few breaks in the FIA competition. Honestly though I don't have a problem moving one race to fit you in if need be as it would be a very special occasion for us to have someone of your talent to grace us and it would be well worth the move. Plenty of time to figure all that out though.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to even discuss such an event with you and I look forward to watching you race again at the highest levels within this game. :cheers:




That what I was thinking because it's not to often you will need to perform with all eyes watching adding in that extra pressure especially with no practice on the car track combo. This should somewhat give everyone an idea of what the top players go through in the FIA Championship with all eyes watching except their pressure is like a 100 times more intense as they have thousands watching the performance.

I already knew you would not take the Megane Trophy again and I felt this was a good time to try and see if it could help someone out.
It's kinda sad that you say the Porsche is a better car but yet I never finished higher than 3rd last year in it and my average finish was mid pack.
Just goes to show you no matter how good the car if the talent behind the wheel is not great then neither will the finishing position. However I was very clean and constant all year long and that I'm proud of.

I would love to have my car again but I know that probably won't happen but I have a few other cars that I want and I wouldn't mind trying out for next year. Really looking forward to this Saturday to see how everything plays out.

It’s only my opinion at the end of the day, if Someone is comfortable and feels faster in it they should definitely have the Trophy, it’s great on tyres which will definitely help anyone’s consistency with laps times.

As for the Cayman please don’t take offence, it’s only the last buff which has really helped it and it still not good at le Sarthe. But from watching the top drivers use it’s a very well balanced good car for a lot of tracks at the moment, even was pretty competitive at Monza. But take out variables like tyre wear/fuel the top drivers can be fast in anything if they want to be, again it’s only my opinion.

Doesn’t take anything away from your results though, willing to bet you had the most consistent lap times and finishing position out of anybody all season which at the end of the day is what endurance racing is all about.

I’m usually, if I do the same slot (don’t always do many) fia races as Tidgney and trust me it will be a difficult race if he enters, but definitely worth it. Insanely fast and consistent driver.
 
As for the Cayman please don’t take offence, it’s only the last buff which has really helped it and it still not good at le Sarthe. But from watching the top drivers use it’s a very well balanced good car for a lot of tracks at the moment, even was pretty competitive at Monza. But take out variables like tyre wear/fuel the top drivers can be fast in anything if they want to be, again it’s only my

I didn't take offense. I don't mind not being the fastest it gives me something to work towards. I also put a huge handicap on myself by starting last almost every race so I definitely don't expect a top 3 finish ever.

Doesn’t take anything away from your results though, willing to bet you had the most consistent lap times and finishing position out of anybody all season which at the end of the day is what endurance racing is all about.

That's what I'm most proud of because to be fast you must first be consistent and that is more of a challenge than running a few hot laps.
It has taken me awhile to learn how to be on someone back bumper and not touch them into the braking zones. Working on this skill allows me to get great corner exit speed while being close enough to make the pass on the corner exit. I prefer this type of pass as opposed to trying to out brake someone going into the corner. With less risk involved the pass almost always ends up nice and clean.

This is why people see me starting in the back and they see me riding behind them lap after lap as I'm not attempting to pass but I'm working on racing someone very very closely without contact.

No matter my finishing position this race has 4 or 5 people at my skill level and the racing has been incredible at times because of this even if we are only racing for 6th 7th or 8th place you would think it was for first.
 
Hello there,

I've read the car selection program...

I wanted to do it saturday but as you mentioned Rinsky, if i'm not able to do the full season (which will probably the case because i travel a lot for work) it's better I come as a "wild card" from time to time, with the possibility to take one of the available cars at the moment no?

But just to have a good time, be in an interesting lobby, may i still join saturday just for fun, see where am I and see how it goes wth everyone else?

Let me know
Cheers
 
Hello there,

I've read the car selection program...

I wanted to do it saturday but as you mentioned Rinsky, if i'm not able to do the full season (which will probably the case because i travel a lot for work) it's better I come as a "wild card" from time to time, with the possibility to take one of the available cars at the moment no?

But just to have a good time, be in an interesting lobby, may i still join saturday just for fun, see where am I and see how it goes wth everyone else?

Let me know
Cheers

You can still participate Saturday and we would enjoy having you compete.

The rules for keeping your car in this endurance race are as followed.

1. You cannot miss two months in a row or your name and car fall of the list.

2. If you are a new and signup then don't show up to race your name and car get pulled from the list.

So In theory you can run every other month and not lose your spot or car for the entire season. I know some people will not make every race so I do not punish anyone for missing a race.
I also do work with people who are going to miss 2 months in a row that have raced with us for awhile if they tell me in advance.
 
Would like to pick up a Subaru WRX if I can still participate.

Psn : akbargaming23
 
Would like to pick up a Subaru WRX if I can still participate.

Psn : akbargaming23

This Saturday is when we will be doing our car selecting process for the 2019 season. Information on this process can be found on this page towards the top or on the first post of the main page.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ails-coming-soon.376567/page-54#post-12569726

If you do not wish to participate in car selection process Saturday then once its over I will post the available Gr.4 cars that did not get chosen.
If that car is stll available at that time then you can have it or you might find one available you like better.
The Cars posed on the Available list will be on a first come first serve basis after Saturday.

We will be happy to have you join.
 
I still can't make this Saturday. I'll have wait and see what left. I tested every Gr.4 car at the Nurburgring 24h course. So I have an idea of what cars I like and what I don't.

I miss the Lamborghini. Whoever takes it next year enjoy. It has the highest top speed in class and good 4WD traction.

Oh, and you can keep your Megane Trophy. It has the worst straightaway speed in the class and it does not like bumps. Not ideal for next year's finale.
 
Back