MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
Thank you much. Went 1:52.8 so far on mediums just running laps.

The Aston is not too bad at Catalunya, little bit heavy but makes up for it on the straight.

Just run a race and would say 1.52s are pretty comfortable race pace. I’m just running some laps on controller at moment.

A 1.52.8 is not bad at all on mediums
 
Hey Mr. Rinsky, was the Lambo not available when you made your car choice? I thought you had wanted that one?

Well that's because I really didn't expect the Porsche to be available when it got to me. I think everyone who didn't choose the Porsche ahead of me did that on purpose.
Everyone knows it's a great car and I thought for sure @Racer283 or @Venster would grab it because I know they both like it.

So I think people were being nice and made sure it was available when it was my turn to choose. I could be wrong but it sure doesn't feel like I am.
I really wanted to try another car but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.. I really like that car.

In my first practice last night I was running in the1:54.xxx range but I still really need to learn the track with my car.

I answered my own question by checking the list on the OP. I will take the Mercedes SLS Gr. 4.

Also, I believe I the race schedule coincides with my days off from work. I may make most of the races this season. Nice!

Its yours
 
Last edited:
Well that's because I really didn't expect the Porsche to be available when it got to me. I think everyone who didn't choose the Porsche ahead of me did that on purpose.
Everyone knows it's a great car and I thought for sure @Racer283 or @Venster would grab it because I know they both like it.

So I think people were being nice and made sure it was available when it was my turn to choose. I could be wrong but it sure doesn't feel like I am.
I really wanted to try another car but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.. I really like that car.

In my first practice last night I was running in the1:54.xxx range but I still really need to learn the track with my car.



Its yours

The Cayman drives like a computer mouse geared to go 400mph, so it’s always near the bottom of my list
 
I think it’s still the BMW that’s the worst, it used to be way better than everything else so PD overcompensated during one of the updates in the summer and made it hilariously bad on fuel.

Edit: here’s the thread. It seems to still get updated regularly https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sport-fuel-consumption-list-tire-usage.372334/

BMW M4
~189.4km
Thats ridiculous! :eek:

Honda NSX
~261.8km
I knew there was something about that nsx last season. Seemed like I could go for days without refueling. :mischievous:
 
Well that's because I really didn't expect the Porsche to be available when it got to me. I think everyone who didn't choose the Porsche ahead of me did that on purpose.
Everyone knows it's a great car and I thought for sure @Racer283 or @Venster would grab it because I know they both like it.

So I think people were being nice and made sure it was available when it was my turn to choose. I could be wrong but it sure doesn't feel like I am.
I really wanted to try another car but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.. I really like that car.

In my first practice last night I was running in the1:54.xxx range but I still really need to learn the track with my car.



Its yours

I have never driven the GR4 Cayman, I wonder how that slipped by me??
 
In a practice lobby, I'm currently running 1:55-1:56's on softs. I ran a 1:54xxx once.
 
Apparently the Corvette (216.0 km) is less fuel efficient than the Huracan (233.3 km) I had last year. Since when is V8 less fuel efficient than a V10? I pick out 4th least fuel efficient car in the class and the 3rd least fuel efficient out of the cars pick so far in the league.
 
Apparently the Corvette (216.0 km) is less fuel efficient than the Huracan (233.3 km) I had last year. Since when is V8 less fuel efficient than a V10? I pick out 4th least fuel efficient car in the class and the 3rd least fuel efficient out of the cars pick so far in the league.
without bop, the vette gas almost 10 more hp and weighs about the same as the Huracan. not much difference, I think fuel efficiency should be same also
 
without bop, the vette gas almost 10 more hp and weighs about the same as the Huracan. not much difference, I think fuel efficiency should be same also
The guy who makes that forum post the racing classes based on there BOP performance.

Also after I posted this complaint. I compared current Corvette and Huracan models. All Corvette models except ZR-1 are more fuel efficient than even the base model Huracan. I highly doubt they would use the ZR-1's engine for that only needs around 400hp. They would probably just a modified version the base model's engine.
 
Apparently the Corvette (216.0 km) is less fuel efficient than the Huracan (233.3 km) I had last year. Since when is V8 less fuel efficient than a V10? I pick out 4th least fuel efficient car in the class and the 3rd least fuel efficient out of the cars pick so far in the league.

Dont worry, I will be right behind you at every pit stop with the Aston. Dont forget that you may be able to drastically alter the fuel mileage by changing shift points.
 
Dont worry, I will be right behind you at every pit stop with the Aston. Dont forget that you may be able to drastically alter the fuel mileage by changing shift points.
The Aston Martin has better fuel mileage than the Corvette in Gr.4. The only cars don't are the M4, 650S, and Mustang.
 
The Aston Martin has better fuel mileage than the Corvette in Gr.4. The only cars don't are the M4, 650S, and Mustang.

I think he used the AI so I guess that doesn’t shift in the right place. For example I tried the 650s vs the 86 and there wasn’t that much different only a few percent in the 86s favour. But you need to shift the 650s at half rev bar mainly for power which is faster a makes a big difference in the economy.

Don’t worry the Aston really isn’t too bad, with sensibly shifting it’s got good power and economy is surprisingly decent.
 
I think he used the AI so I guess that doesn’t shift in the right place. For example I tried the 650s vs the 86 and there wasn’t that much different only a few percent in the 86s favour. But you need to shift the 650s at half rev bar mainly for power which is faster a makes a big difference in the economy.

Don’t worry the Aston really isn’t too bad, with sensibly shifting it’s got good power and economy is surprisingly decent.
Are you saying his economy figures are pretty much useless and dont really apply in practice?
I kind of shied away from the mclaren because it looked like it had such dreadful fuel economy in comparison to the other cars.
 
Are you saying his economy figures are pretty much useless and dont really apply in practice?
I kind of shied away from the mclaren because it looked like it had such dreadful fuel economy in comparison to the other cars.
I don't find them useless. I have used the forum for previous races to figure out how far I can make it on fuel.
 
Last edited:
The Cayman drives like a computer mouse geared to go 400mph, so it’s always near the bottom of my list

I like any car that has oversteer and the Porsche fits that bill. I don't really understand the 400mph as every car that you guys choose to race except for the Trophy always seem to be faster than the Porsche on the Straights. This really showed at LeMans. I'm actually faster in the Ferrari but more consistent in the Porsche.
 
I like any car that has oversteer and the Porsche fits that bill. I don't really understand the 400mph as every car that you guys choose to race except for the Trophy always seem to be faster than the Porsche on the Straights. This really showed at LeMans. I'm actually faster in the Ferrari but more consistent in the Porsche.

It’s just the gearing is sooooo loooong in the Cayman. It takes a different gear in each corner than pretty much every other car in Gr.4 so it’s hard to get used to
 
Are you saying his economy figures are pretty much useless and dont really apply in practice?
I kind of shied away from the mclaren because it looked like it had such dreadful fuel economy in comparison to the other cars.

I ran a test tonight to get an idea of what the fuel consumption is really with BOP and shifting in the correct place. I used the 86 and the 650s.

I used lobby setting of X2 tyres, X3 fuel and a controller to drive using manual shifting. 8 laps around Catalunya.

86 - Fuel left 49% - revved the car out to get the most out of the performance as you should in this car. Lap times were constant low to mid 1.52s.

650s - Fuel left 47% - shifted approx 50% rev bar which is approx optimum shift point. Lap times low 1.52s.

This time I re-ran the 650s run only revving the car completely out ie not optimum

650s revved out - fuel left 34% - lap times were low to high1.53s

So you can see that the Mclaren is much slower and uses way more fuel if you don’t shift correctly, which is essentially what the AI would do. So in real application, yes the Mclaren is slightly worse on fuel but not by the margins you’d expect.
 
Under race Settings my fastest lap has been 1:53.373
I really don't see myself being able to drop into the 1:52.xxx range and definitely not on a constant basis.

I can go a maximum of 22 laps on fuel and tires but I will pit somewhere around lap 16 to 18. This is running RS on FM1.
 
I ran a test tonight to get an idea of what the fuel consumption is really with BOP and shifting in the correct place. I used the 86 and the 650s.

I used lobby setting of X2 tyres, X3 fuel and a controller to drive using manual shifting. 8 laps around Catalunya.

86 - Fuel left 49% - revved the car out to get the most out of the performance as you should in this car. Lap times were constant low to mid 1.52s.

650s - Fuel left 47% - shifted approx 50% rev bar which is approx optimum shift point. Lap times low 1.52s.

This time I re-ran the 650s run only revving the car completely out ie not optimum

650s revved out - fuel left 34% - lap times were low to high1.53s

So you can see that the Mclaren is much slower and uses way more fuel if you don’t shift correctly, which is essentially what the AI would do. So in real application, yes the Mclaren is slightly worse on fuel but not by the margins you’d expect.

Thanks man. That makes sense; and explains why the stats shared from his testing may be misleading, when theoretically all these cars should be relatively equal when factoring in BOP. It wont ever be perfect, but i was surprised fuel seemed to be so varied amongst the class on those tests.
 
Under race Settings my fastest lap has been 1:53.373
I really don't see myself being able to drop into the 1:52.xxx range and definitely not on a constant basis.

I can go a maximum of 22 laps on fuel and tires but I will pit somewhere around lap 16 to 18. This is running RS on FM1.

Cayman is pretty decent around Catalunya, haven’t tried it myself though. My fastest laps have been mid 1.51s under lobby settings, low1.50s in TT but 52s are more comfortable race pace.

Also for some reason I seem quite a bit quicker round here on controller than my wheel. I think it’s the last sector I can do the quick direction changes easier than on the wheel. And softs really help with the stability.
 
Dont think you have seen what time off day the races are beeing driven :) 7pm eastern ;)

You surely could make me a bit more happy iff you would drive my cars in national and manufactor so I could get out off my home when joining one off the FIA races round the world after you have qualyfied for it , pleeeeease , pretty pleeeease 💡

Hehe I saw the time, but honestly with FIA races I might practice an hour or 2 in the day, and then at the moment on Saturdays especially might do 3 races so there's a potential of already 5 hours driving so I'd want a little break :P! Honestly though when there's spare time I'll happily race :D!
 
Hehe I saw the time, but honestly with FIA races I might practice an hour or 2 in the day, and then at the moment on Saturdays especially might do 3 races so there's a potential of already 5 hours driving so I'd want a little break :p! Honestly though when there's spare time I'll happily race :D!

@Tidgney First race next year is Catalunya I know you could definitely show us a thing or two round there! 👍

Great job on the driving school so far, bet that takes a lot of effort and time to put together but definitely going to help a lot of people. Thought I knew a fair bit until I found about braking/throttle trick 👍, and I’m definitely guilty of turning in to early!
 
Hello, I'm interested in participating in these endurance races. I enjoy good, clean, fun competition and have been looking to join a GT Sport racing series. Are there any spots still available for the season?
 
Cayman is pretty decent around Catalunya, haven’t tried it myself though. My fastest laps have been mid 1.51s under lobby settings, low1.50s in TT but 52s are more comfortable race pace.

Also for some reason I seem quite a bit quicker round here on controller than my wheel. I think it’s the last sector I can do the quick direction changes easier than on the wheel. And softs really help with the stability.

Great!!!! !:51 is not a very fast lobby time. I thought I was doing well in the high 52's, oh well, I only need to find another 1.5 seconds. :lol::lol::lol:

Does anybody have any idea why the TT lap times and lobby lap times differ so much??? I usually run a bunch of laps in TT mode sometimes with the ghost on so I can see which lines are faster then I will open a lobby with the proper settings to find out what my "real" race lap times are. Its not big deal and its all relative anyway just wondering why the difference. Yes, BOP is always on.
 
Nothing wrong with high 52s!

Few differences from TT to lobby, firstly though in lobby off track grip is set to real in TT it is not.

Other things obviously tyre wear slows you down, in TT you have no fuel weight, even though the tank is full. So you have perfect tyres and the lightest the car can be in TT.

You won’t set a really fast TT time in a lobby unless really low fuel and brand new tyres.
 
Nothing wrong with high 52s!

Few differences from TT to lobby, firstly though in lobby off track grip is set to real in TT it is not.

Other things obviously tyre wear slows you down, in TT you have no fuel weight, even though the tank is full. So you have perfect tyres and the lightest the car can be in TT.

You won’t set a really fast TT time in a lobby unless really low fuel and brand new tyres.

I always thought it was because arcade had a slightly different physics model (or else why is it still called arcade?), but that explanation makes sense.
 
Back