MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,188 views
Think I have just experienced the time difference in lobby’s, I ran a couple custom races before at st croix and easy in 2.18s and 19s. Went to a lobby fastest I could get was a low 19 in quali, in the race my pace was terrible. (I wasn’t hosting either). So went straight back to custom race easy back to 18s and 19s no problem my first lap was an 18 with high fuel. Same settings, grip, fuel, tyres etc????

Only thing I have done is move my rig over the weekend further away wireless wise, but tested connection and it’s 70mb down 10mb up should be ample!

Fastone is right there has always been a difference in car performance between offline & online races. So you are definitely going to see a better performing car in a custom race vs Lobby race. This is why I always do my practice using the actual saved settings for our race. But this is almost exactly what I was experiencing but I am keeping all my track time to online lobbies only.

I'm almost 95% sure I found the problem to the issue I was having.
I remembered having lobby issues the last time we received a new physics update. It was discovered that you had to delete your saved lobby settings and recreate the lobby Settings under a new save to fix the problem.

I deleted all my saved lobbys and made a new one for our race. So far after doing some testing it appears to have resolved my issue. Hopefully itit'100% fixed plus they also did some bug fixes to the lobby rooms in that new little update. So far so good but I will only know for certain once we run the March race and having a full lobby with people from all around the world.

I really liked rule of not repeating races from last year. I makes us try something different.

Here's a suggestion. Why not run a race at both Brands Hatch Indy and Tsukuba Circuit. We'll have 3 more races this year than last. I think we can spare 2 slots.

I have already added the Suzuka Full course to our schedule and I will be adding the short course soon. For now the other two dates remain open for the possibilty of a new track in future updates. Something like Spa I would immediately put in or replace another location with it.
 
Last edited:
I have a suggestion on qualifying. Iv noticed several drivers spending 30 minutes or more on the track just to consume fuel. To help thin out the traffic during qualifing, can we have the starting fuel capacity lowered? Then change it back to default when we start the race.
 
I don't think this is going to have the desired outcome your hoping for.
We are under a open qualifying session and under this open qualifying it's all about running laps and those who choose to run qualifying for the full 45 minutes will definitely have an advantage over those who choose not to.
Currently under our race fuel settings it takes someone 30 minutes to run out a tank of fuel. Now add in the time it takes to pit for new tires & a splash of fuel then add the out lap and I'm guessing they have 12 minutes or 5 laps out of that 45 minutes to run qualifying laps with a lighter fuel load & new tires.
Lowering the amount of fuel for qualifying will allow everyone to run faster lap times without having to put in the track time but this will also allow those who like to run the full 45 minutes to double or triple the number of laps with a low fuel load resulting in even faster lap times for them.
So no matter what amount of fuel I set it at the outcome will still be the same for those who choose not to run the full qualifying round.
It might appear that some people have an advantage over others but that's simply not true. Like I said they are putting in the track time to get that advantage and every member here has that same opportunity.

A closed qualifying sessions is the only way to produce the outcome your looking for. Where everyone has the same amount of fuel, the same new tires and the exact same amount of qualifying time. However out of the 45 minutes of qualifying you are only going to get around 4 minutes of it to post your lap time.
It will be just like the special car selection process we did at the beginning of this year but speed it up.
Only 4 people will be allowed on the track at a time for qualifying. You will get your out lap and then the next lap will be your only qualifying run.
The qualifying order would go like this. If you finished last in the previous race then your the first one up for qualifying. So finishing positions 16, 15, 14, 13, from the previous race will be the first 4 to qualify.
 
I respectfully disagree.

I don't want to speak for @Infineon but I think he is thinking about the drivers who can't log 45 minutes and the run in a 90 minute event. You're talking about 3 hours of commitment. I know it's only once a month but it's still a lot of time. Just sayin'.
 
I respectfully disagree.

I don't want to speak for @Infineon but I think he is thinking about the drivers who can't log 45 minutes and the run in a 90 minute event. You're talking about 3 hours of commitment. I know it's only once a month but it's still a lot of time. Just sayin'.

I understand its a lot of time but we have quite a few members who do exactly that. How am I supposed to tell everyone your not allowed to run the full 45 minutes of qualifying because everyone can't.
I simply can't monitor how much time or who is on the track in an open qualifying session its impossible.

The only way to give everyone the exact same opportunity without anyone having an advantage is with closed qualifying session. Then I can control who is on the track and for how long but everyone will still have to be in the lobby ready to qualify.

I just don't see where lowering the fuel load is going to solve that issue. The people who choose to run the full 45 minutes with a lighter fuel load will still have the advantage over someone who decides to qualify late.
 
It doesn’t matter what gimmicks you add or what changes are made, the grid is still going to end up looking pretty much the same, just like it has for every other race so far.

Just keeping it simple is the best way

Exactly.

@WhiteFlight1 started doing his Gr.3 race with a light fuel load for qualifying. I have noticed no advantage to it because the people who were already fast are now just faster. Everyone pretty much ends up in the same spots on the grid as they did beforehand.

Just remember we do this for fun. It's not a points or championship race. Everything was setup to create a relaxed environment. The 45 minute qualifying session was never setup expecting everyone to qualify for the full 45. The 45 minutes is to allow for members filtering in over that period because no matter how long or short you make qualifying people will always show up at the last possible minute.
The more time I can give people to join the better our chances at having a full lobby. Giving people little time to join and qualify always results in people not making it to the race on time.

Now this is the biggest issue for me about the suggested changes.
I have said this many of times too. I will not do anything that requires me to make lobby setting changes before we start the race. I have seen and experienced to many lobby problems when people start messing with the lobby settings.

1. People all of a sudden can't see everyone in the lobby.
2. People getting stuck on the grid
3. People getting disconnected from the lobby
4. Major lag
5. The whole lobby crashes

We have been fortunate lately not to be experiencing any of those lobby issues because we have in past races. So when I have a lobby running smoothly - issue free and it's filled with people from all around the globe locked in and ready to race then I'm not making any unnecessary setting changes that risk something going wrong.
 
First the setting for how much fuel you start with only effects to race start.

I think qualifying should stay as is. It's you're choice how much time you spend on track. It's not @Rinsky fault if you come in late and don't get as much practice as someone else.

Also after whatever I have been racing before I enter the lobby for our races. It nice to have some time to get reuse Gr.4 performance.

This type of qualifying is traditionally how must sports racing series qualify in real life. With much larger fields that we can host in GT Sport Lobbies.

Yes a con to this style of qualifying is other drivers can affect you lap times. The pro is the that you can get more than 1 or 2 laps of to set a lap time. You don't have worry about starting at the back because you made a 1 mistake.
 
First the setting for how much fuel you start with only effects to race start.

I thought that might be the case with it anyway but I've never had any reason to mess with it until now.

Your point about not jeopardizing the integrity of the lobby are well taken. That alone is reason enough to not mess around. 👍

This series was my first real attempt at running an organized international race. Knowing just how lobby bugs can ruin a race night I'm so grateful we have been fortunate enough to have a smooth race for 1.5hr over the last several months.
I definitely don't want to do anything on my end to jeopardize that.


Race Results are now on the main page under each race completed this season.
 
Update

I have Officially added the full Suzuka Circuit to the June 1st slot
&
Broad Bean Raceway to the September 7th slot

Fuji Speedway GT and Nurburgring GP have now been moved on the schedule. I felt like there were to many big Speedways in a row during this part of our schedule so I switched places with these two tracks to break that up.

Tsukuba Circuit won the vote with our members 5 to 4 as the short track to run this year. Tsukuba Circuit race will now be held on July 6th

This is the remainder of our schedule with one date now left open for a future track. Let's hope its SPA

March 2nd - Tokyo Expressway – South Inter Loop

April 6th - Nurburgring GP

May 4th - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A

June 1st - Suzuka Full Course

July 6th - Tsukuba Circuit

August 3rd - TBA SPA????

September 7th - Broad Bean Raceway

October 5th - Fuji Speedway GT

November 2nd - Red Bull Ring

December 7th - The Nürburgring 2.4hr


@Infineon and myself did some practicing and switched who was hosting to see if anymore bugs were noticable and as of now everything seems to be running normal.

My fast lap so far is 2:06.016
Under full lobby race Settings
PS_Messages_20190210_152520.jpg


We also will have two people who could drop off the list if they do not show up for this race.

14. Desertpenguin - Mustang
17. thracerviewr - Subaru

We also have 3 people waiting in line to grab a guaranteed spot.

17. thracerviewr - Subaru
18. hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi
19. T5Black - Regular Megane

@thracerviewr you will not be removed from the list if a spot doesn't open but if one does open and you do not race then you will forfeit your place on the list.
Both people below you 18 & 19 raced last month​
 
Last edited:
I plan on showing up, I put the day in at work.

The fact that you ignored public request for not reusing a track and went with Tsukuba really rubs me the wrong way though. Just do a different track for the simple fact that it's a different track. I won't race Tsukuba again as that wasn't a fun race (for me). I hate that I have to put that (for me) at the end otherwise people will think I spoke for them and they'll come out saying "no the race was fun what are you talking about"...
 
I plan on showing up, I put the day in at work.

The fact that you ignored public request for not reusing a track and went with Tsukuba really rubs me the wrong way though. Just do a different track for the simple fact that it's a different track. I won't race Tsukuba again as that wasn't a fun race (for me). I hate that I have to put that (for me) at the end otherwise people will think I spoke for them and they'll come out saying "no the race was fun what are you talking about"...

First off the idea of not reusing a track was my idea and not a public request and I have a right to change that at anytime. I held a vote and in the end it came down to two tracks. The members here voted Tsukuba as the track to race again end of story.
Not my fault GTS only has one true short course and it just happens to be better than any other full course variation turned into a short course.
 
Update

I have Officially added the full Suzuka Circuit to the June 1st slot
&
Broad Bean Raceway II to the September 7th slot

Fuji Speedway GT and Nurburgring GP have now been moved on the schedule. I felt like there were to many big Speedways in a row during this part of our schedule so I switched places with these two tracks to break that up.

Tsukuba Circuit won the vote with our members 5 to 4 as the short track to run this year. Tsukuba Circuit race will now be held on July 6th

This is the remainder of our schedule with one date now left open for a future track. Let's hope its SPA

March 2nd - Tokyo Expressway – South Inter Loop

April 6th - Nurburgring GP

May 4th - Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A

June 1st - Suzuka Full Course

July 6th - Tsukuba Circuit

August 3rd - TBA

September 7th - Broad Bean Raceway II

October 5th - Fuji Speedway GT

November 2nd - Red Bull Ring

December 7th - The Nürburgring 2.4hr


@Infineon and myself did some practicing and switched who was hosting to see if anymore bugs were noticable and as of now everything seems to be running normal.

My fast lap so far is 2:06.016
Under full lobby race Settings
View attachment 799703

We also will have two people who could drop off the list if they do not show up for this race.

14. Desertpenguin - Mustang
17. thracerviewr - Subaru

We also have 3 people waiting in line to grab a guaranteed spot.

17. thracerviewr - Subaru
18. hirnsauger69 - Mitsubishi
19. T5Black - Regular Megane

@thracerviewr you will not be removed from the list if a spot doesn't open but if one does open and you do not race then you will forfeit your place on the list.
Both people below you 18 & 19 raced last month​

Noooo not BB II, turning right on an oval is just wrong (not including that kink)
 
I plan on showing up, I put the day in at work.

The fact that you ignored public request for not reusing a track and went with Tsukuba really rubs me the wrong way though. Just do a different track for the simple fact that it's a different track. I won't race Tsukuba again as that wasn't a fun race (for me). I hate that I have to put that (for me) at the end otherwise people will think I spoke for them and they'll come out saying "no the race was fun what are you talking about"...

Everyone has tracks they like and do not like, it is impossible to make everyone happy. I think we should race at Tskuba every week and that there should never be a race at Mount Panorama because it is nothing more than a bicycle path. I'm sure there are many who will disagree with me so I would not expect Rlnsky to use my suggestions. Just like real life there will be unpopular decisions to some people.
 
Everyone has tracks they like and do not like, it is impossible to make everyone happy. I think we should race at Tskuba every week and that there should never be a race at Mount Panorama because it is nothing more than a bicycle path. I'm sure there are many who will disagree with me so I would not expect Rlnsky to use my suggestions. Just like real life there will be unpopular decisions to some people.

See and I like Mount Panorama and I also know you don't.
However I have held off putting it into the schedule but at some point we will race there.
 
See and I like Mount Panorama and I also know you don't.
However I have held off putting it into the schedule but at some point we will race there.

I will more than likely miss the next GR4 race as my Fanatec is in California again for a long past due repair. It should have arrived there yesterday but last time it was there in August of 2018 it was about a month door to door. I am not holding my breath that it will be back quickly but I do hope all issues are resolved this time around.
 
Mount Panorama is like the Nordscheife, they’re roads, not race tracks, since that would imply you can “race” on them.

I do like Mount Panorama though, it’s fun even though I’m terrible at it
 
I will more than likely miss the next GR4 race as my Fanatec is in California again for a long past due repair. It should have arrived there yesterday but last time it was there in August of 2018 it was about a month door to door. I am not holding my breath that it will be back quickly but I do hope all issues are resolved this time around.

Use a controller like Venster did while he was without his wheel. It's a big fast flowing track so you shouldn't have any major problems. Just an idea.

Mount Panorama is like the Nordscheife, they’re roads, not race tracks, since that would imply you can “race” on them.

I do like Mount Panorama though, it’s fun even though I’m terrible at it

I like both of those tracks and I also run Nordscheife everytime I'm on the game but mostly with N-class cars. I have posted lap times for every N-class car in the game at Nordscheife.

I think Brands Hatch fits into this category as well but I'm not a fan of that track at all.


I do have some good news. Now that things at home are settling down with the addition of my two kids I have been given the all clear to spend money on myself for a wheel and stand.
I have $1500 to spend but I shouldn't need all of that for a TGT and a playseat. So I'm thinking of upgrading my TV also. Maybe a 55' or 60' 4K TV is also being discussed.
My 55' TV went out about 4 months ago and I've been using a backup 48' LCD TV in its place.
If I have any money left over after I buy all of that then I will look at upgrading my pedals or getting a gearbox.
 
Use a controller like Venster did while he was without his wheel. It's a big fast flowing track so you shouldn't have any major problems. Just an idea.



I like both of those tracks and I also run Nordscheife everytime I'm on the game but mostly with N-class cars. I have posted lap times for every N-class car in the game at Nordscheife.

I think Brands Hatch fits into this category as well but I'm not a fan of that track at all.


I do have some good news. Now that things at home are settling down with the addition of my two kids I have been given the all clear to spend money on myself for a wheel and stand.
I have $1500 to spend but I shouldn't need all of that for a TGT and a playseat. So I'm thinking of upgrading my TV also. Maybe a 55' or 60' 4K TV is also being discussed.
My 55' TV went out about 4 months ago and I've been using a backup 48' LCD TV in its place.
If I have any money left over after I buy all of that then I will look at upgrading my pedals or getting a gearbox.

Sounds good! Will be upgrading my rig this year too! to include, new rig, triple monitors and PC :lol:

The pedals with the TGT really aren’t that bad at all, given you enjoy n class so much I would get a shifter. The upgraded Thrustmaster pedals don’t fit too good to the playseat to be honest either.
 
I’ll be the only one left in these races on controller pretty soon. Oh well, it’ll make beating you guys all the more satisfying :lol:

:lol: Have to say though that GTS is one of the best games to level the difference between controller and wheel. Alien pace there really is nothing between them, the downside to controller vs wheel is that with these really high tyre wear fia races the wheel wins hands down with tyre wear.

But the wheel completely trumps the controller for immersion and enjoyment imo, it’s still a great game with either. GTS is my first game I’ve used with a wheel and regret not changing to it many years ago as I love it. The sim racing bug really has bitten me and can’t wait to get a PC for iracing etc, I’ve been trying AC recently and wow does that feel good!
 
I’ll be the only one left in these races on controller pretty soon. Oh well, it’ll make beating you guys all the more satisfying :lol:

I'm one of the others that still uses a controller. At the moment I don't have the room for a racing rig or the money to buy one since I'm out of work.
 
Use a controller like Venster did while he was without his wheel. It's a big fast flowing track so you shouldn't have any major problems. Just an idea.
.

If I race one of the endurance races with the DS4 I will be banned for life!!!!!! It would redefine the meaning of massive wrecks! Besides, for some reason my hands go to sleep after 5-10 minutes of racing with a DS4 for some reason.
 
Mount Panorama is like the Nordscheife, they’re roads, not race tracks, since that would imply you can “race” on them.

I do like Mount Panorama though, it’s fun even though I’m terrible at it

Isn't Sarthe a road too??
 
For those still using controllers and contemplating about getting a wheel, my wheel (T150) is now only $150 at most retailers like Best Buy ect. It's a great intermediate wheel to start out with. Wheel stands cost just as much tho. But if your somewhat of a handyman, you can build a small rig (even portable) out of wood ect. Just Google some ideas.
 
Sounds good! Will be upgrading my rig this year too! to include, new rig, triple monitors and PC :lol:

The pedals with the TGT really aren’t that bad at all, given you enjoy n class so much I would get a shifter. The upgraded Thrustmaster pedals don’t fit too good to the playseat to be honest either.

That's valuable information on those pedals. Does the TGT have two plugins for the pedals and gearshift or will I need an adapter?

Good thing GTS doesn't support triple screen like GT6 did because I just don't have the room for a rig that big. Whatever I get has to fit in a closet when not in use.

I’ll be the only one left in these races on controller pretty soon. Oh well, it’ll make beating you guys all the more satisfying :lol:

Just because I get a wheel doesn't mean I will be racing with it right away. I will still use my controller until I've become comfortable with the wheel and I believe that's going to take awhile.
I will mainly be using it to drive N-class cars with the gear shifter in single player mode at first.

:lol: Have to say though that GTS is one of the best games to level the difference between controller and wheel. Alien pace there really is nothing between them, the downside to controller vs wheel is that with these really high tyre wear fia races the wheel wins hands down with tyre wear.

But the wheel completely trumps the controller for immersion and enjoyment imo, it’s still a great game with either. GTS is my first game I’ve used with a wheel and regret not changing to it many years ago as I love it. The sim racing bug really has bitten me and can’t wait to get a PC for iracing etc, I’ve been trying AC recently and wow does that feel good!

I had a wheel along time ago when GT4 was new. I didn't like using the wheel at all back then as it was much harder than the controller so I've never even considered getting another wheel until now. Of course the equipment has gotten much better now than it was way back then. I can tell by playing on Infineon's rig that its much easier to drive with a wheel in GTS than it was with any of the past titles.

If I race one of the endurance races with the DS4 I will be banned for life!!!!!! It would redefine the meaning of massive wrecks! Besides, for some reason my hands go to sleep after 5-10 minutes of racing with a DS4 for some reason.

Yeah if your hand go numb after only 10 minutes of racing then it will be very difficult to use the controller.

Isn't Sarthe a road too??

Oh you guys are talking about the track actually being a street when it's not being used as a race track. I thought you all were saying it to describe how small the track width is. In that case Brands Hatch doesn't fit into this category.
 
Back