MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
Here’s my thoughts on the race

Track -most suited in all the tracks for this year is Fuji as it’s wide enough, Suzuka imo is too narrow and twisty for multiclass. Unless however we eventually get spa!! Something like st croix B would be good.

Car - definitely vote one make GR3 and 4 merc AMG. Decent in both classes, easy to handle for everyone and balances everyone.

Drivers in which class - initially take a vote I think, who wants to be in GR3 and GR4 and sort it from there

Teams - definitely! A random draw one from GR3 and GR4 team up. We have an individual GR3 and GR4 winner and a team multiclass win! Ideally with GR3 and 4 wearing the same/similar livery in each team.

Quali - outlap then 1or 2 lap super pole, GR4 first and stop on track then GR3

Formation lap (optional) - start the race first lap is formation/warm up lap. Lead car is the pace car in each class, GR4 should separate slightly from the GR3 group. Max of 100km for the warm up lead car from last corner decides the GO!!!!
The other problem I thought of is tire wear. The classes have different tire wear rates. Gr.3 wear slower than Gr.4 because of down force increase they slide around less so do less damage to their tires.
 
Ok give me a few to work with all the Information I've been given. If we do Fuji it will be the GT version so it helps take out some of the hairpin corners. I will also probably move this race to the July 6th - Tsukuba Circuit date because we have Fuji scheduled in Oct and I'm not waiting that long to run our multi class race.
 
Ok give me a few to work with all the Information I've been given. If we do Fuji it will be the GT version so it helps take out some of the hairpin corners. I will also probably move this race to the July 6th - Tsukuba Circuit date because we have Fuji scheduled in Oct and I'm not waiting that long to run our multi class race.
July 6th. Then if we use @Venster one make idea I won't be able run my 4th of July livery I have planned to do since February. And no I won't run it on the Mercedes.
 
Last edited:
Any changes to qualifying or formation lap or whatever are unnecessary, don’t need to any new complexities into the mix. Just keep it simple and the same as always. The Gr.3 cars will start ahead of the Gr.4 cars on the grid so there won’t be any difficulties there as long as false start isn’t on.

Don’t need to make any changes in tire or fuel wear or anything either, everyone will have to deal with the same things.

I support using the Mercedes SLSes, the Gr.4 car is pretty underused and not too complex and the Gr.3 car is easy to drive. Or the AMG GT3 which is even easier to drive.

Dividing the classes by speed is still the best way, if you let people pick their classes you’ll still have the same dichotomy as always and the same people way ahead and the same people at the back. The only people who might have to make a choice are the midfielders/the people who have been hobbled by cars that don’t suit the tracks we’ve done so far.

It’s safe to say though that Focie, Whiteflight, myself, Standard, Dirten/Traels, Doc, Mic and T5Black should be in Gr.4 for sure. It just depends how many of us are going to be racing where we’ll need to set the dividing line (and how many in each class), like really we won’t be able to split it up until June if the race is in July.
 
trying to understand the desire to have it one make in each class.
that’s not what this enduro has ever been. and whiteflight runs the same thing , but in group 3.

I like racing in one make series, but that has never been the flavor of this group. multiple cars within each class always spices things up.

Any track will be fun for multiclass. dont overthink it too much. Passing is possible on every track with different classes. tighter, shorter tracks i could argue make it even more interesting. wide tracks take half the fun out of multiclass potentially!
 
trying to understand the desire to have it one make in each class.
that’s not what this enduro has ever been. and whiteflight runs the same thing , but in group 3.

I like racing in one make series, but that has never been the flavor of this group. multiple cars within each class always spices things up.

Any track will be fun for multiclass. dont overthink it too much. Passing is possible on every track with different classes. tighter, shorter tracks i could argue make it even more interesting. wide tracks take half the fun out of multiclass potentially!

Agree here, that’s why I think it’d be better to do this as a 2nd race in a month (like that SSRX race), that’s what I thought the idea would be. Not to replace one of the normal Gr.4 races.

But if it’s not one-make, I’ll probably be out. There’s already no shortage of multiclass races on GTP with the same old mix of cars being used, and they’re not fun.
 
I will be on vacation in May so next race will be in June! We might be running a race in May with someone else hosting though.

Agree here, that’s why I think it’d be better to do this as a 2nd race in a month (like that SSRX race), that’s what I thought the idea would be. Not to replace one of the normal Gr.4 races.

How about killing two birds with one stone by having the multiclass event during @WhiteFlight1 's M200k May race?(Unfortunatly Whiteflight himself wouldn't be able to participate, sorry) It could be moved an hour or two later to make it easier for NA players. I agree with @bloodyboyblue 's decision regarding the event, keeping changes to current lobby settings to a minimum and to have the multiclass event on a separate date. I think that a one-make Mercedes(or any other brand with a gr.3 and a gr.4 car) event is the best way to go since manually adjusting BOP and balance the cars will cause unnecessary administrative duties. Track will be the new one from the update(if there is one), however the track won't be a deal breaker for me. The team idea could be used if we do two XX minutes races where one drives the gr.4 car first race and gr.3 car second, the teammate does the opposite, then adding the results to get the team's overall position.
💡
-May 11 at XX:XX
-One-make(Mercedes is a good choice)
-The same lobby settings as @Rinsky 's gr.4 endurance(car category and some other settings would have to be changed but you get the point)
-Track will be the new one from the update(if there is one)

Just my opinion, but ultimately it's not up to me.:sly:
 
I agree with everybody (except running it at N24). I think all are valid ideas about how the race could be done. I will do my best to be there and will certainly enjoy it regardless. It's the group of drivers that draws me in as much as the format of the race itself. :dopey::cheers:
 
There's one thing you guys need to consider. You can't leave car category open for both classes and still have BOP on. You would have to trust everyone to manually set their car's to the game's BOP.
 
I agree with everybody (except running it at N24). I think all are valid ideas about how the race could be done. I will do my best to be there and will certainly enjoy it regardless. It's the group of drivers that draws me in as much as the format of the race itself. :dopey::cheers:

So you think N24 would be a good track



There's one thing you guys need to consider. You can't leave car category open for both classes and still have BOP on. You would have to trust everyone to manually set their car's to the game's BOP.

Wouldn't need BOP as everyone would be in a one make Gr.4 and one make Gr.3.
 
So you think N24 would be a good track
No, the opposite. I dont think N24 would be the track to do multiclass for us. It was mentioned earlier as a track to use and I disagree with that is what I meant.

If we could have 50 cars on track and run a long enduro (2-3+ hours) then it would be awesome. But with 8 per class max? we'd still rarely see each other, so not much passing and that makes a multiclass event kind of pointless. I could be proven wrong though.
 
Here is what I've come up with so far.

1.5hr Multi Class Spec Endurance Race

Classes
8 - SLS AMG Gr.3
8 - SLS AMG Gr.4

BOP will be off so All cars must remain 100% stock except for Tires

Superpole Qualifying
Qualifying will be done using the Gr.2 Motul Nissan GTR on RS. We will get the Out lap + First lap then you must then pull off on the track and do not leave until everyone is done.

The position you qualified in will determine your car class and teammate for the race.

Position #1 Gr.3 - Position #2 Gr.4
Position #3 Gr.3 - Position #4 Gr.4
Position #5 Gr.3 - Position #6 Gr.4
Position #7 Gr.3 - Position #8 Gr.4
Position #9 Gr.4 - Position #10 Gr.3
Position #11 Gr.4 - Position #12 Gr.3
Position #13 Gr.4 - Position #14 Gr.3
Position #15 Gr.4 - Position #16 Gr.3


Positions 1 & 9 are Teammates
Positions 2 & 10 are Teammates
Positions 3 & 11 are Teammates
Positions 4 & 12 are Teammates
Positions 5 & 13 are Teammates
Positions 6 & 14 are Teammates
Positions 7 & 15 are Teammates
Positions 8 & 16 are Teammates

Team Livery's, names & numbers are optional but would look good if everyone took the time to create something as a team.


Rule changes for this race

All Gr.3 cars must use yellow headlights
All Gr.4 cars must use clear headlights

All racers who are in Gr.4 cars have the Race Line Right of Way when Gr.3 cars are passing. This means when you see an approaching Gr.3 car you are to remain on your race line.
Attempting to make any sudden moves to let a Gr.3 car by could and probably will result in a collision.
Gr.3 cars are fast enough to find a way around Gr.4 cars without any major help.
Once a Gr.3 car is making its way around a Gr.4 car don't try to race them and depending on the circumstance the Gr.4 driver might want to come off the throttle for a split second just to make sure the pass is clean.

Even though Gr.4 have the race line right away this doesn't mean you get to block or make it difficult for Gr.3 cars to pass. Use good race etiquette in all situations when possible.

All other Settings and Rules from our Gr.4 endurance race will remain the same


We will have a
Gr.3 winner
Gr.4 winner
Team winner ( combined times)

I'm waiting on the update before I make the track location Decision.
 
Last edited:
Here is what I've come up with so far.

1.5hr Multi Class Spec Endurance Race

Classes
8 - SLS AMG Gr.3
8 - SLS AMG Gr.4

BOP will be off so All cars must remain 100% stock except for Tires

Superpoll Qualifying
Qualifying will be done using the Gr.2 Motul Nissan GTR on RS. We will get the Out lap + First lap then you must then pull off on the track and do not leave until everyone is done.

The position you qualified in will determine your car class and teammate for the race.

1. Gr.3
2. Gr.4
3. Gr.3
4. Gr.4
5. Gr.3
6. Gr.4
7. Gr.3
8. Gr.4
9. Gr.3
10. Gr.4
11. Gr.3
12. Gr.4
13. Gr.3
14. Gr.4
15. Gr.3
16. Gr.4

Positions 1 & 9 are Gr.3 teammates
Positions 2 & 10 are Gr.4 teammates
Positions 3 & 11 are Gr.3 teammates
Positions 4 & 12 are Gr.4 teammates
Positions 5 & 13 are Gr.3 teammates
Positions 6 & 14 are Gr.4 teammates
Positions 7 & 15 are Gr.3 teammates
Positions 8 & 16 are Gr.4 teammates

Team Livery's, names & numbers are optional but would look good if everyone took the time to create something as a team.


Rule changes for this race

All Gr.3 cars must use yellow headlights
All Gr.4 cars must use clear headlights

All racers who are in Gr.4 cars have the right of way when Gr.3 cars are passing. This means when you see an approaching Gr.3 car you are to remain on your race line.
Attempting to make any sudden moves to let a Gr.3 car by could and probably will result in a collision.
Gr.3 cars are fast enough to find a way around Gr.4 cars without any major help.
Once a Gr.3 car is making its way around a Gr.4 car don't try to race them and depending on the circumstance the Gr.4 driver might want to come off the throttle for a split second just to make sure the pass is clean.

Even though Gr.4 have the race line right away this doesn't mean you get to block or make it difficult for them to pass. Use good race etiquette in all situations when possible.

All other Settings and Rules from our Gr.4 endurance race will remain the same


We will have a
Gr.3 winner
Gr.4 winner
Team winner ( combined times)

I'm waiting on the update before I make the track location Decision.

Yes, what @Clean Racer said, how are we supposed to make liveries if we’re qualifying and deciding classes before the race? I like the format other than that. We could always qualify the week before or something.
 
Because we are going to Qualify for this race a month in advance. I just haven't decided on the track or date yet. Waiting after the update.


Looking to do superpoll qualifying on the same night as one of our Gr.4 races.
 
teammates are within the same class?

Oh yeah I didn’t even notice that, that doesn’t make any sense

Its been fixed. I just typed it out wrong. Was a busy day yesterday.

Is it Superpoll, Superpole, or Superpowl??? :confused::confused::confused::lol::lol::lol:

Its whatever autocorrect changes it to.
You guys quit giving me a hard time :lol:

I had to take care of two kids yesterday and Infineon was over at my house. You can ask him I was running all over the place non stop.
 
Its been fixed. I just typed it out wrong. Was a busy day yesterday.



Its whatever autocorrect changes it to.
You guys quit giving me a hard time :lol:

I had to take care of two kids yesterday and Infineon was over at my house. You can ask him I was running all over the place non stop.
Yea, he was was. While I played on his rig the whole time. My bad man :lol::cheers:
 
Yea, he was was. While I played on his rig the whole time. My bad man :lol::cheers:

At least you got some good data for our upcoming multi class race. :cheers:

Hey, good idea this multiclass thing ;)

If it's in June i won't be able to do it sadly but i hope you'll enjoy

The race will not be held in June but the Superpole qualifying for it will be.

I'm looking at making this race as an extra event to be held on the 4th week of July 27th
@WhiteFlight1 race is always on the second Saturday of each month so it rules out those Saturday. My Daughter's birthday is on Saturday July 20th so I will not be racing on the 3rd Saturday in July and that only leaves one more Saturday.

I wanted to make it on one of our regular scheduled dates. But I'm already getting different members saying they will be out for June & July. Its gonna be summer time here in the States so people will be taking vacations during those summer months.
So to keep from running this event 6 months from now I'm making it a special race event.

That's the plan right now anyway but as always things could change depending on the feedback.
 
The other day while @Infineon was at my house playing on my rig he did some testing on various tracks.
I think we have settled on Circuit de Sainte-Croix B forward layout as our multi class track.

1. It offers good wide lanes with plenty of room to pass.
2. It has a good flow for this type of race.
3. After Infineon's testing the Gr.3 SLS AMG was around 7 seconds faster per lap than the SLS AMG Gr.4 and after a few laps the two classes should be all around the track offering up some great racing.
4. We raced the reversed layout last year and with this being the forward it gives us the opportunity to use a layout we haven't done before. We also made this decision because it seems as if PD will not be releasing a new track to fit our needs before our race.

I have a bit more time to test and figure out the exact race Settings. I will send out all the information in one post so everyone can get started on their strategy.
A quick Qualifying session for this event will be held before our Gr.4 June race and will give everyone over a month to Practice & Strategize with their teammate.
 
The other day while @Infineon was at my house playing on my rig he did some testing on various tracks.
I think we have settled on Circuit de Sainte-Croix B forward layout as our multi class track.

1. It offers good wide lanes with plenty of room to pass.
2. It has a good flow for this type of race.
3. After Infineon's testing the Gr.3 SLS AMG was around 7 seconds faster per lap than the SLS AMG Gr.4 and after a few laps the two classes should be all around the track offering up some great racing.
4. We raced the reversed layout last year and with this being the forward it gives us the opportunity to use a layout we haven't done before. We also made this decision because it seems as if PD will not be releasing a new track to fit our needs before our race.

I have a bit more time to test and figure out the exact race Settings. I will send out all the information in one post so everyone can get started on their strategy.
A quick Qualifying session for this event will be held before our Gr.4 June race and will give everyone over a month to Practice & Strategize with their teammate.

Unfortunately I believe that the entire northern hemisphere usually suffers that summer time snafu around this time of year. :):):cheers:

PS, I only give people that I like the most a hard time:bowdown::bowdown:, it's all in good fun I hope.

Makes no difference to me when, where, or which cars we use for this race, like all of Mr. Rlnskys races if hes having one I will participate. I just need to know track and car so I can get as many laps in as possible, I certainly need the practice if I am going to try to keep up with you.
 
PS, I only give people that I like the most a hard time:bowdown::bowdown:, it's all in good fun I hope.

Oh I deserve it sometimes I must admit. I found it funny and well deserved.:cheers:

Unfortunately I believe that the entire northern hemisphere usually suffers that summer time snafu around this time of year. :):):cheers:

I'm one of those people too who will spend as much time outdoors during the summer months after being held hostage in my house by old man winter himself..:lol:
 
Q: Will we be qualifying on the track specified for the race? I think you mentioned the Nissan gr.2 GTR is the car we’ll qualify in.
 
Q: Will we be qualifying on the track specified for the race? I think you mentioned the Nissan gr.2 GTR is the car.

Yes we will.
Come June we will do two Superpole qualifying sessions.
1. Will be for the multi class race using the Gr.2 for qualifying only at Sainte-Croix B
2. Will be for that nights race at Suzuka for our normal Gr.4 event.

We will have to do Superpole qualifying on both to fit everything in on our time schedule.
 
Yes we will.
Come June we will do two Superpole qualifying sessions.
1. Will be for the multi class race using the Gr.2 for qualifying only at Sainte-Croix B
2. Will be for that nights race at Suzuka for our normal Gr.4 event.

We will have to do Superpole qualifying on both to fit everything in on our time schedule.
Two things. One why our we using a Gr.2 car to qualify for a Gr.3 / Gr.4 multi class race? It should be Gr.3. Gr.2 or Super GT500 are barely GT cars.

Two the top half qualifiers should in be Gr.3 with Gr.4 getting the extra driver should the field be an uneven amount of drivers. Doing this way will keep both classes more competitive than if drivers closer in ability. Plus usually the better drivers are the ones that move up in real life.
 
Two things. One why our we using a Gr.2 car to qualify for a Gr.3 / Gr.4 multi class race? It should be Gr.3. Gr.2 or Super GT500 are barely GT cars.

Two the top half qualifiers should in be Gr.3 with Gr.4 getting the extra driver should the field be an uneven amount of drivers. Doing this way will keep both classes more competitive than if drivers closer in ability. Plus usually the better drivers are the ones that move up in real life.

We’re using the Gr.2 Nissan because it’s tradition in this group to use an unrelated neutral car if we’re doing qualifying for a future event, just like when we do the car selection at the end of year. It’s more fun that way. Especially if that’s how we’re deciding which class everyone is in.
 
Back