MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
As for picking who’s is GR3, do the qualifying and decide who’s on a team together and let them decide between them in the team who wants to be in the GR3 or 4 car.
 
We’re using the Gr.2 Nissan because it’s tradition in this group to use an unrelated neutral car if we’re doing qualifying for a future event, just like when we do the car selection at the end of year. It’s more fun that way. Especially if that’s how we’re deciding which class everyone is in.
Interesting, to say the least :)
 
So is everything going ahead as normal for mays race?
 
We’re using the Gr.2 Nissan because it’s tradition in this group to use an unrelated neutral car if we’re doing qualifying for a future event, just like when we do the car selection at the end of year. It’s more fun that way. Especially if that’s how we’re deciding which class everyone is in.
If want something unrelated and neutral to avoid giving an advantage then I would recommend something that is unpopular and rarely used by anyone like something in the Gr.X like the Mercedes VGT Race Car. Anyone who competes with Gr.2 class regularly will get an advantage.

And I don't think this qualifying will make both classes uncompetitive. The faster qualifiers should in Gr.3. Slower in Gr.4. Note this will cut the number of drivers you can compete against in half.
 
Last edited:
As long as you have know me you should know by now I don't do things normal or expected.

Just like our car selection process for the beginning of each year I like using a car we don't get to drive. The Gr.2 car offers massive speed & grip and on RS nobody should have a bad qualifying run so everyone's times should be close.

Everyone expected me to put the fastest driver's in Gr.3 & the slower drivers in Gr.4 but by doing it the way I have listed it really mixes the order up and almost nobody will have any idea what class they will be in or how this will turn out or who your teammate will be.

We are doing this as an exhibition to have fun. I hope to get a Gr.3 car so it pulls me out of my comfort zone and pushes me to try different things. The racing will be great no matter what car you get. If we get an uneven field then we will work that out before the race but I haven't even advertised this race yet and I'm getting a lot of intrest for it.
Just have to wait and see.
 
If want something unrelated and neutral to avoid giving an advantage then I would recommend something that is unpopular and rarely used by anyone like something in the Gr.X like the Mercedes VGT Race Car. Anyone who competes with Gr.2 class regularly will get an advantage.

And I think this qualifying will make both classes uncompetitive with. The faster qualifiers should in Gr.3. Slower in Gr.4

That's not out of the question. For our special car selection process I have someone who is not competing pick the car and track we are to qualify on the keep it from everyone until we are in the lobby and ready to qualify.

I just might go this route again but for the car only this time for this race since we already know what track we are racing on.
 
As long as you have know me you should know by now I don't do things normal or expected.

Just like our car selection process for the beginning of each year I like using a car we don't get to drive. The Gr.2 car offers massive speed & grip and on RS nobody should have a bad qualifying run so everyone's times should be close.

Everyone expected me to put the fastest driver's in Gr.3 & the slower drivers in Gr.4 but by doing it the way I have listed it really mixes the order up and almost nobody will have any idea what class they will be in or how this will turn out or who your teammate will be.

We are doing this as an exhibition to have fun. I hope to get a Gr.3 car so it pulls me out of my comfort zone and pushes me to try different things. The racing will be great no matter what car you get. If we get an uneven field then we will work that out before the race but I haven't even advertised this race yet and I'm getting a lot of intrest for it.
Just have to wait and see.

I gotta agree with you, I think it's great the way you setting up this race.
 
As for picking who’s is GR3, do the qualifying and decide who’s on a team together and let them decide between them in the team who wants to be in the GR3 or 4 car.

I will absolutely allow this. If you and your teammate wish to switch classes then you can.
 
So is everything going ahead as normal for mays race?

Yes all Gr.4 races will run as scheduled.

Sorry for so many post I didn't see I was that far behind on answering questions. No notifications.
 
As long as you have know me you should know by now I don't do things normal or expected.

Just like our car selection process for the beginning of each year I like using a car we don't get to drive. The Gr.2 car offers massive speed & grip and on RS nobody should have a bad qualifying run so everyone's times should be close.

Everyone expected me to put the fastest driver's in Gr.3 & the slower drivers in Gr.4 but by doing it the way I have listed it really mixes the order up and almost nobody will have any idea what class they will be in or how this will turn out or who your teammate will be.

We are doing this as an exhibition to have fun. I hope to get a Gr.3 car so it pulls me out of my comfort zone and pushes me to try different things. The racing will be great no matter what car you get. If we get an uneven field then we will work that out before the race but I haven't even advertised this race yet and I'm getting a lot of intrest for it.
Just have to wait and see.
I just don't want the classes to be uncompetitive. It's not going be a fun race fun if everyone is the situation where the the drivers in front of them are too fast and the drivers behind them are too slow to be competitive. There a reason way the better drivers move up in racing. I wouldn't mess with that.
 
I just don't want the classes to be uncompetitive. It's not going be a fun race fun if everyone is the situation where the the drivers in front of them are too fast and the drivers behind them are too slow to be competitive. There a reason way the better drivers move up in racing. I wouldn't mess with that.

I understand what you saying but it's a risk I'm willing to take just to do something different than every other multi class race. Like @bloodyboyblue said there is no shortage of multi class races on here but there is a shortage of people trying different things or thinking outside the box on how this kinda race can be done differently.

It could turn out to be one of the best races or it could end up being a disaster. Nobody really knows because it's never really been done like this. But I'm willing to fail miserably and be humiliated and have everyone say I told you so then not try something different at all.
I have taken the suggestions that I asked everyone for and put them together to create the multi class race. It's you guys that makes the Gr.4 series possible and successful and it's you guys that will make this multi class race successful. We have around two months before this race takes place and I'm still open to your ideas and suggestions to implement into this thing.

We can do like the FIA championship races do and make everyone use all 3 tire compounds, we can do something bat **** crazy like add a x30 tire wear multiplier while making everyone race in reverse( just joking) but you get my point. There are a lot of good, fast and talented people in this series with some good ideas and that's why I say this will work.

You and your teammate will have complete control over your team. From livery design to swapping your class, to working on multiple strategies or even working with another team if you wish. We might even allow people to change teams under the right circumstances.
Working with your teammate for a month leading up to the race should be fun and the effort you put that into that will show come race night. Some of you might be really interested in working together or some of you might not care at all but that's up to you.

Example.
Let's say you @Cold Warrior and myself are teammates. I'm racing Gr.3 & you are racing Gr.4. I get to aggressive and hit the wall or something and damage my car ending my chances for a good finish. I still have a teammate who I can help out if at all possible. I can get in front of you and slow down to your pace allowing you to stay in my draft to save fuel while not losing any speed. This would save you a massive amount of time on your pit stop and hopefully gain a few position on the track.
If we practiced that scenario then it would be easy to implement.
Again this race is for us to have fun so think outside the box some.

Everyone should know by now that the fast guys are fast and nothing I do will change that, I have tried. People are going to get spread out like every other race we have done no matter what car or class they are in and yet we still manage to have fun every month.
 
I understand what you saying but it's a risk I'm willing to take just to do something different than every other multi class race. Like @bloodyboyblue said there is no shortage of multi class races on here but there is a shortage of people trying different things or thinking outside the box on how this kinda race can be done differently.

It could turn out to be one of the best races or it could end up being a disaster. Nobody really knows because it's never really been done like this. But I'm willing to fail miserably and be humiliated and have everyone say I told you so then not try something different at all.
I have taken the suggestions that I asked everyone for and put them together to create the multi class race. It's you guys that makes the Gr.4 series possible and successful and it's you guys that will make this multi class race successful. We have around two months before this race takes place and I'm still open to your ideas and suggestions to implement into this thing.

We can do like the FIA championship races do and make everyone use all 3 tire compounds, we can do something bat **** crazy like add a x30 tire wear multiplier while making everyone race in reverse( just joking) but you get my point. There are a lot of good, fast and talented people in this series with some good ideas and that's why I say this will work.

You and your teammate will have complete control over your team. From livery design to swapping your class, to working on multiple strategies or even working with another team if you wish. We might even allow people to change teams under the right circumstances.
Working with your teammate for a month leading up to the race should be fun and the effort you put that into that will show come race night. Some of you might be really interested in working together or some of you might not care at all but that's up to you.

Example.
Let's say you @Cold Warrior and myself are teammates. I'm racing Gr.3 & you are racing Gr.4. I get to aggressive and hit the wall or something and damage my car ending my chances for a good finish. I still have a teammate who I can help out if at all possible. I can get in front of you and slow down to your pace allowing you to stay in my draft to save fuel while not losing any speed. This would save you a massive amount of time on your pit stop and hopefully gain a few position on the track.
If we practiced that scenario then it would be easy to implement.
Again this race is for us to have fun so think outside the box some.

Everyone should know by now that the fast guys are fast and nothing I do will change that, I have tried. People are going to get spread out like every other race we have done no matter what car or class they are in and yet we still manage to have fun every month.

How about making it sort of an Allstar format, instead of 1 90 minute race do 2 45 minute segments and team mates swap car class Then you average out both segment finishes for an overall team winner.
 
I understand what you saying but it's a risk I'm willing to take just to do something different than every other multi class race. Like @bloodyboyblue said there is no shortage of multi class races on here but there is a shortage of people trying different things or thinking outside the box on how this kinda race can be done differently.

It could turn out to be one of the best races or it could end up being a disaster. Nobody really knows because it's never really been done like this. But I'm willing to fail miserably and be humiliated and have everyone say I told you so then not try something different at all.
I have taken the suggestions that I asked everyone for and put them together to create the multi class race. It's you guys that makes the Gr.4 series possible and successful and it's you guys that will make this multi class race successful. We have around two months before this race takes place and I'm still open to your ideas and suggestions to implement into this thing.

We can do like the FIA championship races do and make everyone use all 3 tire compounds, we can do something bat **** crazy like add a x30 tire wear multiplier while making everyone race in reverse( just joking) but you get my point. There are a lot of good, fast and talented people in this series with some good ideas and that's why I say this will work.

You and your teammate will have complete control over your team. From livery design to swapping your class, to working on multiple strategies or even working with another team if you wish. We might even allow people to change teams under the right circumstances.
Working with your teammate for a month leading up to the race should be fun and the effort you put that into that will show come race night. Some of you might be really interested in working together or some of you might not care at all but that's up to you.

Example.
Let's say you @Cold Warrior and myself are teammates. I'm racing Gr.3 & you are racing Gr.4. I get to aggressive and hit the wall or something and damage my car ending my chances for a good finish. I still have a teammate who I can help out if at all possible. I can get in front of you and slow down to your pace allowing you to stay in my draft to save fuel while not losing any speed. This would save you a massive amount of time on your pit stop and hopefully gain a few position on the track.
If we practiced that scenario then it would be easy to implement.
Again this race is for us to have fun so think outside the box some.

Everyone should know by now that the fast guys are fast and nothing I do will change that, I have tried. People are going to get spread out like every other race we have done no matter what car or class they are in and yet we still manage to have fun every month.

If we do a race in reverse I’d consider myself a favourite, I did quite a few of those in GT6 in the Junior Karts and Tesla, both of which went the same speed in reverse as they did going forward.
 
I understand what you saying but it's a risk I'm willing to take just to do something different than every other multi class race. Like @bloodyboyblue said there is no shortage of multi class races on here but there is a shortage of people trying different things or thinking outside the box on how this kinda race can be done differently.

It could turn out to be one of the best races or it could end up being a disaster. Nobody really knows because it's never really been done like this. But I'm willing to fail miserably and be humiliated and have everyone say I told you so then not try something different at all.
I have taken the suggestions that I asked everyone for and put them together to create the multi class race. It's you guys that makes the Gr.4 series possible and successful and it's you guys that will make this multi class race successful. We have around two months before this race takes place and I'm still open to your ideas and suggestions to implement into this thing.

We can do like the FIA championship races do and make everyone use all 3 tire compounds, we can do something bat **** crazy like add a x30 tire wear multiplier while making everyone race in reverse( just joking) but you get my point. There are a lot of good, fast and talented people in this series with some good ideas and that's why I say this will work.

You and your teammate will have complete control over your team. From livery design to swapping your class, to working on multiple strategies or even working with another team if you wish. We might even allow people to change teams under the right circumstances.
Working with your teammate for a month leading up to the race should be fun and the effort you put that into that will show come race night. Some of you might be really interested in working together or some of you might not care at all but that's up to you.

Example.
Let's say you @Cold Warrior and myself are teammates. I'm racing Gr.3 & you are racing Gr.4. I get to aggressive and hit the wall or something and damage my car ending my chances for a good finish. I still have a teammate who I can help out if at all possible. I can get in front of you and slow down to your pace allowing you to stay in my draft to save fuel while not losing any speed. This would save you a massive amount of time on your pit stop and hopefully gain a few position on the track.
If we practiced that scenario then it would be easy to implement.
Again this race is for us to have fun so think outside the box some.

Everyone should know by now that the fast guys are fast and nothing I do will change that, I have tried. People are going to get spread out like every other race we have done no matter what car or class they are in and yet we still manage to have fun every month.
I just want this to be a good experience for everyone. Or nobody's going want to try it again.

Yes we do spread out in normal races but, that's what happens in long races. At least drivers of similar skill levels are usually close enough together that some else take advantage of mistakes at the end of our races.

We have a have a pretty good mix of different skilled drivers in this series right now. We've had 4 races this year and no repeat winners yet. Doing it this way will split up the drivers that are competitive with each other and put them different classes.

I'm how much you can be helpful to someone in the other class. Besides intentionally holding up other drivers which is a great way to make enemies. I know won't put up with it. And trying to keep 2 different performing cars together to give someone a fuel advantage or pushing them will more likely to cause them wreck each other.

On second thought yes everyone who is not my teammate please try to help to your teammate save fuel. Just don't do so in front of me or my teammate please.
 
If we do a race in reverse I’d consider myself a favourite, I did quite a few of those in GT6 in the Junior Karts and Tesla, both of which went the same speed in reverse as they did going forward.

This somehow doesn't surprise me that you would also be good racing in reverse. I wonder if the Tesla is the same in GTS.


How about making it sort of an Allstar format, instead of 1 90 minute race do 2 45 minute segments and team mates swap car class Then you average out both segment finishes for an overall team winner.

The one thing I haven't said anything about yet is the race length. Splitting it up into two race stints is something to seriously consider.

I just want this to be a good experience for everyone. Or nobody's going want to try it again.

Yes we do spread out in normal races but, that's what happens in long races. At least drivers of similar skill levels are usually close enough together that some else take advantage of mistakes at the end of our races.

We have a have a pretty good mix of different skilled drivers in this series right now. We've had 4 races this year and no repeat winners yet. Doing it this way will split up the drivers that are competitive with each other and put them different classes.

I'm how much you can be helpful to someone in the other class. Besides intentionally holding up other drivers which is a great way to make enemies. I know won't put up with it. And trying to keep 2 different performing cars together to give someone a fuel advantage or pushing them will more likely to cause them wreck each other.

On second thought yes everyone who is not my teammate please try to help to your teammate save fuel. Just don't do so in front of me or my teammate please.

You could only help your teammate out within the rules. So blocking or holding someone up is definitely out. I was 10 seconds quicker a lap today in the Gr.3 over the Gr.4 so staying in front of a Gr.4 car is not a problem.

@fastone371 brings up a good idea about running two 45 minute races instead of the full 90 minutes.
We can run it both ways if that's what you would like. It would only take me a minute to set the grid order.
 
I meant try to keep the pace of a gr.4 with a gr.3 would dangerous and distracting both drivers and anyone else around.
 
I meant try to keep the pace of a gr.4 with a gr.3 would dangerous and distracting both drivers and anyone else around.

I never said it was going to be easy but I did say it was something you would need to practice and work on before implementing it into the race if that scenario should ever arise. Plus you would only have to stay in my draft/slipstream and not on my rear bumper. Plus we are not talking about running the entire race this way.
What's the point of having a teammate if your not willing to find ways to help them. To me having a teammate should be more than just running matching livery's.

Anyway it was just one example. I have more but all of them require practice and full Communication during the race so you don't interfere or cause problems with other drivers. Most of these ideas are not just random crap off the top of my head but instead comes from watching others doing it in real life racing.
 
I never said it was going to be easy but I did say it was something you would need to practice and work on before implementing it into the race if that scenario should ever arise. Plus you would only have to stay in my draft/slipstream and not on my rear bumper. Plus we are not talking about running the entire race this way.
What's the point of having a teammate if your not willing to find ways to help them. To me having a teammate should be more than just running matching livery's.

Anyway it was just one example. I have more but all of them require practice and full Communication during the race so you don't interfere or cause problems with other drivers. Most of these ideas are not just random crap off the top of my head but instead comes from watching others doing it in real life racing.
Honestly in the world of motorsports teammate doesn't mean much in most cases. Especially road racing. It doesn't always mean matching liveries ethier. In motorsports your usually competing against your teammate or mates as well. So in most cases you just try not to make trouble for your teammate.
 
Completely unrelated to the discussion going on atm, but sadly i won't be able to attend this months race, due to having to get up and out of bed around two hours after the race ends :banghead:
 
Don’t know if I’ll make it tomorrow, not sure if I’ll be home and if I am I’ll probably be doing FIA races
 
Completely unrelated to the discussion going on atm, but sadly i won't be able to attend this months race, due to having to get up and out of bed around two hours after the race ends :banghead:

Don’t know if I’ll make it tomorrow, not sure if I’ll be home and if I am I’ll probably be doing FIA races

where is the anti-like button? :irked:


:D
 
I'll do the only FIA manu slot i have (i have soccer this evening) but i think it ends before the start of our race so i should be there,

If i'm not mistaking, the Manu race starts at 00:00 and our Gr. 4 race is 1:00 (France UTC +2) so it should be fine,

Hope to see you all there cause i'll miss june's race and probably july
 
I won't he able to make it to tonight's race. I'm also gonna miss June's race (sons graduation) and July's (vacation. Therefor Im forfeiting my car. Goodluck everyone!
 
Back