MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,239 views
I'm waiting until the Kentucky Derby is ran before I open the lobby. Should still be a little before the hour.
 
Great race last night everyone enjoyed that as usual. Some good battling along the way, bit of contact with @Standard_FV sorry about that not sure who’s fault it was but it was a bit of a silly place to put my car really.

The 86 has pretty poor straight line speed but otherwise it was okay.

Quite a few different strategies going on and everyone seemed to be running good pace.
 
Heck Yeah it was.
About to cross the line at the end of Lap 1:

8070473632865846808_0.jpg
 
Last edited:
Had a bit of fun watching the replays this morning.
If you see my activity feed , i took several pics and added commentary from my perspective of the race to go along with each picture. Forgive me for focusing mainly on the first few drivers as there were good battles going on everywhere.
I'm trying to get that photo achievement completed, so i said "what the hell" while watching the race replay's. 💡
@Venster @Rinsky @Cold Warrior @Standard_FV @fastone371 @docbrown40 @GTP_Guido @Jw_wk1010 @Racer283

pic below is right after the start when @Standard_FV blew past everyone for the lead through the first turn. Extremely clean start by most everyone. 👍

8224154561365935640_0.jpg



Not sure if any of these links will work :lol:

Start
Start
Lap 1
Lap 1
Lap 1
Lap 3
Pink Mustang?
Doh
tough break
Lap 10 Docbrown40 takes the lead
Tyre's Fading
Lap 12 first pitstop for Audi
Thanks
"Godzilla Hunters"
Lap 25 first round of pitstops complete
Lap 28
Focie takes the lead from Standard_FV
Damage for Standard_FV
Lap 38 Fast lap for micantony
Lap 53 Doc's final stop
Lap 58 Focie beats Micantony and Docbrown40 out of the pits
Lap 60
Nice Livery Jw_wk1010
Fun Final laps with Rinksy
Coldwarriors
Standard_FV
GTP_Guido
fastone371
racer233 creative livery or damage
Micantony
Docbrown40
Focie (Venster) and Victory
 
Last edited:
Thats just a livery design I did for the NSX nothing too special.
I honestly thought the Gray stuff was major damage.
:lol: :dunce:

I was going through all the vehicles to see who had the most paint left over after the race :sly:
 
I honestly thought the Gray stuff was major damage.

Nope and I doubt PD can create a damage model that can rival PCars but I do know I did end up in the wall two or three times during that race.
 
I would like to say thanks to everyone who Raced Yesterday and what a Great Race at was.

@Venster /psn - Focie ended the different winners streak by claiming his second win of the year with a dominating performance and lapped the entire field.
With some intense racing from the top 5 drivers against each other in the opening 25 laps. If you saved the replay you should go back and watch them.
Congratulations to @docbrown40 & @micantony for their podium finishes.

Also @Jw_wk1010 had an excellent showing in his first race with us finishing in a very respectable 5th position. This was also @Rob Pardun first race with us. Thanks for joining in and we hope you had fun and will return.

I had a satisfactory race. Started last slowly working my up through the field and by lap 48 found myself running 4th for awhile. Eventually everyone's pitstop strategies played out and in the closing laps I found myself in a respectable 6th position.
I had some good battles with @Cold Warrior @Racer283 & @GTP_Guido who put the pressure on me for almost the entire race.

I found myself running behind @micantony in the closing laps and started to follow his line and learn from him. I was able to keep pace with him as we both started turning low 1:12's every lap. I enjoyed that part the most. He was even nice enough to let me cross the line ahead of him at the finish. I was a lap down to him of course but it was still a nice gesture and a nice reward for keeping up with the person who recorded the fastest lap in the race.
Next week at Suzuka will not be a good one for me. This is my nemesis track. I will be practicing but I don't anticipate a good performance.

I will post more soon about the June 1st Superpole qualifying we will be doing for two races. I've also been getting a lot of questions regarding any rules in place during qualifying. At this time there is none but if everyone likes the way this Superpole qualifying goes we can always implement it into the Series.

Everything on the first page has been updated after yesterday's race.

PS_Messages_20190505_091259.jpg
 
Last edited:
@Rinsky
actually Venster didn’t lap the field, he just happened to cross the line for lap 73 just ahead of the 90 minute timer. I wish PD would show that in the results screen.

docbrown was only about 15 seconds behind him maybe at the end? and i was another 10 seconds back from there about 28 seconds (1 pitstop’ish) behind Venster. Standard and jw_wk1010 were also on the lead lap.
He actually had a tough time passing due to the nature of his car and this track; But he figured out how to make it work and timed the pitstops well.

just letting you know. we actually gave him a decent race this time :lol::bowdown::lol:
he should always not practice to give us a chance. 💡
 
Last edited:
I was very tired during the whole race, it starts at 02.00 a.m for me and it never felt as though I was driving, instead it felt like I was watching a replay of someone driving and I don't remember much from the race except for the start and my pit wall crash. I hadn't done any practice since I was too tired to do practice laps before the race but it seemed like a circuit where many cars would be competitive.

@Venster I don't remember any bumps from you and I'm sorry if I hit you. Congratulations on the win!

The different strategies made for some interesting racing, @micantony was the fastest but also the most frequent pitter, @docbrown40 did some weird strategy which might have cost him the win, focie seemed to do a three stop strategy which works great with that 86(maybe PD increased the tyre wear to help Toyota win the Manufacturer series?:mischievous:) since it doesn't use much rubber.

I pushed too hard during this race and burned my tyres too fast, I should have been more focused and not driven at 100% all the time.

Here's the clip of the crash, enjoy:banghead:(Obviously it was worth making a youtube account solely for this crash). This probably cost me 10-15 seconds but I shouldn't have pitted for the minor tyre and front bumper damage recieved earlier during the lap, it would have been faster to continue racing and only lose maybe .5 seconds per lap. Stupid decisions are easier to make when you're tired. As always I had fun and thanks to everyone who raced!

 
Yeah that works out best. I just prefer to be a bit traditional I guess. :p

All set I think. Though with the race being a month out I'm sure I will make a change somewhere. :lol:

7359466731376509464_0.jpg

That looks really good.

I was very tired during the whole race, it starts at 02.00 a.m for me and it never felt as though I was driving, instead it felt like I was watching a replay of someone driving and I don't remember much from the race except for the start and my pit wall crash. I hadn't done any practice since I was too tired to do practice laps before the race but it seemed like a circuit where many cars would be competitive.

@Venster I don't remember any bumps from you and I'm sorry if I hit you. Congratulations on the win!

The different strategies made for some interesting racing, @micantony was the fastest but also the most frequent pitter, @docbrown40 did some weird strategy which might have cost him the win, focie seemed to do a three stop strategy which works great with that 86(maybe PD increased the tyre wear to help Toyota win the Manufacturer series?:mischievous:) since it doesn't use much rubber.

I pushed too hard during this race and burned my tyres too fast, I should have been more focused and not driven at 100% all the time.

Here's the clip of the crash, enjoy:banghead:(Obviously it was worth making a youtube account solely for this crash). This probably cost me 10-15 seconds but I shouldn't have pitted for the minor tyre and front bumper damage recieved earlier during the lap, it would have been faster to continue racing and only lose maybe .5 seconds per lap. Stupid decisions are easier to make when you're tired. As always I had fun and thanks to everyone who raced!



I seen that pit blunder when I watched the replay and I wondered what happened. Though it could have been some lag or something but now I know.
 
Back