MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,236 views
Did a few laps at Suzuka last night to get a feel for it (before changing the livery a little) and managed to do this:



:lol:


Lucky but sweet save. When that happens to me my car always seems to stop facing the opposite direction.
 
I finally joined in on the SUV craze here in the States and brought home my new 2019 Ford Explorer Sport.
V6 TwinTurbo AWD and fully loaded. This is by far the nicest new car I've ever bought and also the most expensive.
I could have bought a new Shelby Mustang GT350 for the same price.. kids definitely change priorities.

20190507_173332.jpg
20190507_173339.jpg
20190507_173351.jpg
20190507_173401.jpg
 
I finally joined in on the SUV craze here in the States and brought home my new 2019 Ford Explorer Sport.
V6 TwinTurbo AWD and fully loaded. This is by far the nicest new car I've ever bought and also the most expensive.
I could have bought a new Shelby Mustang GT350 for the same price.. kids definitely change priorities.

View attachment 819768 View attachment 819769 View attachment 819770 View attachment 819771


Being a car fixer and all I am quite familiar with the newer Exploders. I can honestly say that Forrd is building some really nice ones now, the earlier ones left a lot to be desired. I had a 2017 Mustang GT in the shop the other day, the customer special ordered it with all the body options like wings, air dam, aero kit, 5 speed, etc but had the exterior in a very understated medium to dark grey mono tone, what a cool car, I woulda loved to own that one.
 
Being a car fixer and all I am quite familiar with the newer Exploders. I can honestly say that Forrd is building some really nice ones now, the earlier ones left a lot to be desired. I had a 2017 Mustang GT in the shop the other day, the customer special ordered it with all the body options like wings, air dam, aero kit, 5 speed, etc but had the exterior in a very understated medium to dark grey mono tone, what a cool car, I woulda loved to own that one.

Magnetic Gray is the color name & J7 is the paint code.
 
@Standard_FV

Yes i don't know why i did what i did...
I knew we were going for about 75 laps tops, but i didn't practice tire wear so i didn't know how much i could do on soft and fuel...
I went for softs on the first stint, we had a nice battle for the first part of it.
I could have done 25 laps on this first stint but i pitt at 23rd i think and i though i would put mediums to do a longuer 2nd stint of 27-28 laps (i knew this was a full tank and short shifting a bit) in order to finish the last stint on soft again for the remaining ~22laps...
But yes this middle stint probably cost me a lot
Anyway yes i've also noticed this bug with how crossing the line after the countdown puts you +1lap even is you're just behind someone.

Good race again from all,
 
Sorry I've been absent. I had a death in the family Friday and will likely be away until Thursday.
I will continue to check in incase something urgent should come up.
 
Our deepest condolences to you and your family. May you find peace in this troubling time.
 
So because I've had a lot going on this month I just have not had anytime to setup this extra multi class race.
We will just proceed with our normal schedule Gr.4 races until I can get some free time to work on the other.
 
So because I've had a lot going on this month I just have not had anytime to setup this extra multi class race.
We will just proceed with our normal schedule Gr.4 races until I can get some free time to work on the other.
I hope things are going better for you lately.
 
And just ask quickly as I signed up, going to have to retract my entry. There are a lot of things going on that weekend and just can't fit it in the schedule.
 
Sorry I can’t make it this week unfortunately, I’m away camping on Saturday.

Been having a bit of a break from GTS recently playing PC2 and AC, enjoying the change actually.
 
I hope things are going better for you lately.

Yes and thank you for asking. I'm just very busy now that temperatures are up in the 90's here almost everyday now.

Opening the pool & using it.
Holliday weekends
Yard work
House updates
Family outings with the kids.

I definitely don't Hibernate during the summer months and spend the majority of my time outdoors so the game definitely takes a backseat at this time of the year because I stay busy doing something.
Once fall and winter arrive I will go back to staying indoors and that's when the majority of my free time goes back to play GT again.


And just ask quickly as I signed up, going to have to retract my entry. There are a lot of things going on that weekend and just can't fit it in the schedule.

I always leave new signups on the list until the next race is over. If you don't show it's only then I will pull you back off the list.

I would like to sign up for the Suzuka race. Viper please.

Your good to go.

Sorry I can’t make it this week unfortunately, I’m away camping on Saturday.

Been having a bit of a break from GTS recently playing PC2 and AC, enjoying the change actually.

I understand because I get burned out on gaming and I always look forward to the summer months to take a break from playing so much.
 
I'm looking forward to racing this Saturday though but once again we get another physics change. I'm glad I haven't practiced much because I get so sick of putting so much time into something that PD can't seem to leave alone.
 
I'm looking forward to racing this Saturday though but once again we get another physics change. I'm glad I haven't practiced much because I get so sick of putting so much time into something that PD can't seem to leave alone.

Had a quick go earlier didn’t notice much but that was on DS4, playing the other two sims recently has made the FFB on GTS seem so basic, feels so alive on the other games in comparison.

Nice new car BTW, and sorry for your loss hope all is well with you and the family.
 
I always leave new signups on the list until the next race is over. If you don't show it's only then I will pull you back off the list.
I might be able to make it still. Might have to start at the back though.
 
Had a quick go earlier didn’t notice much but that was on DS4, playing the other two sims recently has made the FFB on GTS seem so basic, feels so alive on the other games in comparison.

Nice new car BTW, and sorry for your loss hope all is well with you and the family.


I really notice it on the N-class cars. I did the New hour long Porsche endurance race under GT league and it completely ruined that cars handling. It now has some very aggressive oversteer with the slightest input. It also slides the front around like it has zero downforce. Yet the AI your racing against seem to be running under the previous physics because they are more stable and able to go much faster around corners than you can now.

Anyway it's no Secret I can't stand them continuing to change the way cars handle every 3 months and it tells me PD has no clue on how to make their physics models work anymore so they just keep guessing at it and use our valuable time as their Guinea pigs. It will just change again in another 3 months so I'm not even going to try and relearn this physics model.

I absolutely love my new Explorer.

I might be able to make it still. Might have to start at the back though.

Look for a friend request sometime later today so you can join in the lobby for the race.
 
Just finished watching the SuperGT race from last week from Suzuka, where Lexus absolutely destroyed the field, in both classes. Hopefully I can keep that going tomorrow night, I’m 90% sure I’ll be there. Haven’t made a new livery yet but I’ll figure something out.

I’ve been following SuperGT, WTCR, and BTCC since the races have actually been uploaded online reliably this year. They’ve all been enjoyable to watch. I tried watching a Toyota 86 Series race as well but that was just chaos. 40 cars is way too many cars for a race that’s over in less than 20 minutes. I might watch some more if I’m bored though.
 
I tried watching a Toyota 86 Series race as well but that was just chaos. 40 cars is way too many cars for a race that’s over in less than 20 minutes
Yea it's much better with a max of 16 :lol: could always use a few more drivers ;)
 
Well I feel better now knowing the top drivers in this game feel the same way I do about the new physics change.

Tidgney
"Best word to describe this patch and the physics after a thorough test tonight.... A JOKE"

So tonight's race should be very interesting for anyone who has not really tested it out yet. I know I will be starting in the back once again as my Gr.4 Porsche drives horrible now especially once tire wear kicks in.

Its just a shame they can't leave **** well enough alone.
 
Back