MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,188 views
@R1600Turbo It wasn't planned, apologies for no notice beforehand.

I've noticed that they are really working at weight transfer effecting tire wear. So much so in fact the the Porsche's and 4C's are way more OP than before. Watched a 4C full stint FIA Manufacturer races on the softest compounds with ease. Porsche is just the same. I'm hating how much the GTR is falling behind when it comes to tire wear. The new group that jumped into Nissan this season haven't made it any easier either. Something is going on with these extremes. PD knows what they are doing but its gonna take a long time to compile all of the data they are collecting for future improvements. Patience is the only answer...or PC2, WRC8, Wreckfest, Dirt Rally....
 
@R1600Turbo It wasn't planned, apologies for no notice beforehand.

I've noticed that they are really working at weight transfer effecting tire wear. So much so in fact the the Porsche's and 4C's are way more OP than before. Watched a 4C full stint FIA Manufacturer races on the softest compounds with ease. Porsche is just the same. I'm hating how much the GTR is falling behind when it comes to tire wear. The new group that jumped into Nissan this season haven't made it any easier either. Something is going on with these extremes. PD knows what they are doing but its gonna take a long time to compile all of the data they are collecting for future improvements. Patience is the only answer...or PC2, WRC8, Wreckfest, Dirt Rally....

I gotta believe by how poorly the cars drive right now that this was some kind of mistake by PD. It's even difficult to get GR3 to spin that rear tires coming out of corners right now. This is the most artificial feel I have ever felt in a racing game.
 
I gotta believe by how poorly the cars drive right now that this was some kind of mistake by PD. It's even difficult to get GR3 to spin that rear tires coming out of corners right now. This is the most artificial feel I have ever felt in a racing game.

I certainly hope it’s a mistake, and hopefully they listen to (or even hear) the community for once. They fixed the shift speed thing relatively quickly.
 
Lexus’s decision to bring along some of the same engineers that worked on the fast #25 Subaru from last year’s Kyoto race backfired in a bad way, producing potentially race winning speed once again but atrocious reliability. 9 laps is all the motor had in it.
 
I gotta believe by how poorly the cars drive right now that this was some kind of mistake by PD. It's even difficult to get GR3 to spin that rear tires coming out of corners right now. This is the most artificial feel I have ever felt in a racing game.

Which cars? I have no trouble breaking loose in Gr. 3...it's my weakness. Gr. 4 is weird though. Probably my driving style or lack of real world circuit experience but the understeer seemed excessive until I ran Round 10 in the GTR. Every time I thought I was going off, the front suddenly found traction and before I realized, I was running 1.58's with ease on softs and ran a 1.56.996 in the middle of the race. For me at least, it seems to do a lot with your opening laps on a fresh set. Using full throttle with any kind of boost is a no-no. After a lap of gentle throttle control, the tires seem to really hold their life compared to warming them up over the first half of a lap. The latter makes sense at 10-16X's tire wear but the new tire model uses sidewall and tread so you can still light up the side walls too quickly. Racing the Viper against you gentlemen greatly helped my tire management in the F.I.A. race. Thanks everyone for clean opening laps and legendary sportsmanship.
 
Which cars? I have no trouble breaking loose in Gr. 3...it's my weakness. Gr. 4 is weird though. Probably my driving style or lack of real world circuit experience but the understeer seemed excessive until I ran Round 10 in the GTR. Every time I thought I was going off, the front suddenly found traction and before I realized, I was running 1.58's with ease on softs and ran a 1.56.996 in the middle of the race. For me at least, it seems to do a lot with your opening laps on a fresh set. Using full throttle with any kind of boost is a no-no. After a lap of gentle throttle control, the tires seem to really hold their life compared to warming them up over the first half of a lap. The latter makes sense at 10-16X's tire wear but the new tire model uses sidewall and tread so you can still light up the side walls too quickly. Racing the Viper against you gentlemen greatly helped my tire management in the F.I.A. race. Thanks everyone for clean opening laps and legendary sportsmanship.

The only GR3 cars I have driven post 1.39 are the Renault RS and the Corvette but both of those you can stomp the gas in 2nd gear with no tire spin. Gone are the days where you to gradually feed the accelerator on as you straightened the wheel.
In the GR4 race last night with the Aston my goal at the hairpin was to carry as much speed as possible at the apex and as soon as I could see the next straight floor the accelerator. The only thing that could go wrong was the front end pushing up high and having to feather the throttle a little to keep it on track, that was in 1st gear too.
 
The only GR3 cars I have driven post 1.39 are the Renault RS and the Corvette but both of those you can stomp the gas in 2nd gear with no tire spin. Gone are the days where you to gradually feed the accelerator on as you straightened the wheel.
In the GR4 race last night with the Aston my goal at the hairpin was to carry as much speed as possible at the apex and as soon as I could see the next straight floor the accelerator. The only thing that could go wrong was the front end pushing up high and having to feather the throttle a little to keep it on track, that was in 1st gear too.

All of the Gr.3 cars I’ve driven have been the same. They’re just point and shoot when it comes to exiting the corner now, not much skill involved. They all oversteer a lot going into the corners now though.

My Lexus Gr.4 car used to slide around a lot under full throttle as well and after the update yesterday there’s no wheel spin whatsoever, it was extremely docile.
 
Had a really great time in last night's race and finished better than expected for a track I struggle at.

Congratulations to
1st place @QTip8329Wags
2nd place @T5Black
3rd place @fastone371

Starting last I made a huge mistake in the beginning as I dropped my left rear tire off into the grass as I was under heavy braking going into a corner causing me to lose control and smacked the wall resulting in frontend & wheel damage.
Because it happened early I managed to recover as the race went on and finished a respectable 4th. After my last pit stop I ended up 16 seconds behind 3rd place @fastone371 and I was gaining around a second per lap on him. There just wasn't enough time to for me to catch him as I closed that gap to 6 seconds by the race end.
I think I got to race everyone last night but QTip8329Wags.

Thanks again for everyone who came out to race with us. I will get everything posted up in the next day or so on the main page and I look forward to some intense short track racing on July 6th
 
Glad to see this series is still up and running. After a few months absence I'm ready to return for the next race. I'll let you know in a few days which car I would like to participate in.
 
Glad to see this series is still up and running. After a few months absence I'm ready to return for the next race. I'll let you know in a few days which car I would like to participate in.

I just now updated the Available car list.
 
I'm still breaking loose easily in the Nissan GTR Gr. 3. However the front was...different? Or driving a Gr. 4 Viper for two hours rewired my brain when I swapped cars. Do any of you use a DS4? I do notice I have to press extremely hard for full acceleration on the R2 button. The throttle gauge with a DS4 seems to fill up slower than when using pedals. Thought it was my controller but its a very consistent thing, to consistent to be button related.
 
I'm still breaking loose easily in the Nissan GTR Gr. 3. However the front was...different? Or driving a Gr. 4 Viper for two hours rewired my brain when I swapped cars. Do any of you use a DS4? I do notice I have to press extremely hard for full acceleration on the R2 button. The throttle gauge with a DS4 seems to fill up slower than when using pedals. Thought it was my controller but its a very consistent thing, to consistent to be button related.

I race with a DS4 but didn't notice any difference with the R2 button.
 
Had a really great time in last night's race and finished better than expected for a track I struggle at.

Congratulations to
1st place @QTip8329Wags
2nd place @T5Black
3rd place @fastone371

Starting last I made a huge mistake in the beginning as I dropped my left rear tire off into the grass as I was under heavy braking going into a corner causing me to lose control and smacked the wall resulting in frontend & wheel damage.
Because it happened early I managed to recover as the race went on and finished a respectable 4th. After my last pit stop I ended up 16 seconds behind 3rd place @fastone371 and I was gaining around a second per lap on him. There just wasn't enough time to for me to catch him as I closed that gap to 6 seconds by the race end.
I think I got to race everyone last night but QTip8329Wags.

Thanks again for everyone who came out to race with us. I will get everything posted up in the next day or so on the main page and I look forward to some intense short track racing on July 6th

Thank Mr. R. I was managing that gap last stint after I got by @WhiteFlight1, it seemed like he was pitting earlier than me, I pitted 2 times. After the last pit I got by @WhiteFlight1 in about 5 laps and started pulling away, I thought he had may have had damage so I slowed down about 1- 1.5 seconds per lap to not make a mistake. Then I saw you moved to 4th and were gaining on me, I picked a 4.5 second penalty in stint 2 for cutting the chicane too close 1 lap, that must be one the best places to find lap time, I could run low 2.09s on fresh tires if I was aggressive there. I was slowly burning that penalty thru the chicane the last 10 minutes of the race and finally dumped the last 2.5 seconds on the last lap. I had fun at Suzuka, I ran the entire race without a spin or an off, I think I had 1 bad lap where I got my right rear tire in the green carpeting at Spoon. It was great racing from everyone.
P.S. I was involved in the incident that caused us to have a restart, @Standard_FV knocked me off at the chicane lap 2 or 3, he missed his braking point so I thought I would help out and offer my rear bumper as assistance. :lol::lol:
I had to pit with heavy front and rearend damage
 
Thank Mr. R. I was managing that gap last stint after I got by @WhiteFlight1, it seemed like he was pitting earlier than me, I pitted 2 times. After the last pit I got by @WhiteFlight1 in about 5 laps and started pulling away, I thought he had may have had damage so I slowed down about 1- 1.5 seconds per lap to not make a mistake. Then I saw you moved to 4th and were gaining on me, I picked a 4.5 second penalty in stint 2 for cutting the chicane too close 1 lap, that must be one the best places to find lap time, I could run low 2.09s on fresh tires if I was aggressive there. I was slowly burning that penalty thru the chicane the last 10 minutes of the race and finally dumped the last 2.5 seconds on the last lap. I had fun at Suzuka, I ran the entire race without a spin or an off, I think I had 1 bad lap where I got my right rear tire in the green carpeting at Spoon. It was great racing from everyone.
P.S. I was involved in the incident that caused us to have a restart, @Standard_FV knocked me off at the chicane lap 2 or 3, he missed his braking point so I thought I would help out and offer my rear bumper as assistance. :lol::lol:
I had to pit with heavy front and rearend damage

I never had you in my sight so it was hard to tell what was going on and all I had to go off of was the time gap between us.

The incident between you and Standard was not only reason for the restart. @bloodyboyblue disconnected and it was very hard for me to be racing that hard and read the text chat at the same time. I know he was asking something about do over plus before we started a few people said something about Severe weather moving in and there could be disconnects.
So to many things happened within the first 3 or 4 laps and I thought it warranted a restart. I was going to set the restart race to 80 minutes but it didn't give me that option and because I have it set as an endurance race I couldn't do it by laps.

I felt bad at first because the people who were doing good on the first start made a few mistakes and ended up with me in the back after a couple of laps on the second restart @WhiteFlight1 @T5Black but I let them both back around me fairly quickly and everyone recovered nicely.
 
Here is the race Results. A few people got disconnected again and unfortunately it doesn't post any Information on them.

PS_Messages_20190603_152302.jpg




PS_Messages_20190603_152259.jpg
 
I never had you in my sight so it was hard to tell what was going on and all I had to go off of was the time gap between us.

The incident between you and Standard was not only reason for the restart. @bloodyboyblue disconnected and it was very hard for me to be racing that hard and read the text chat at the same time. I know he was asking something about do over plus before we started a few people said something about Severe weather moving in and there could be disconnects.
So to many things happened within the first 3 or 4 laps and I thought it warranted a restart. I was going to set the restart race to 80 minutes but it didn't give me that option and because I have it set as an endurance race I couldn't do it by laps.

I felt bad at first because the people who were doing good on the first start made a few mistakes and ended up with me in the back after a couple of laps on the second restart @WhiteFlight1 @T5Black but I let them both back around me fairly quickly and everyone recovered nicely.


Even though I could not see you believe me when I say I was well aware of where you were, a simple off by me at Degner could have put us wheel to wheel. Once there was about 20 minutes to go I realized a podium was a good possibility so I started running a little safe as I had about a 16 second gap, I would have much rather we fought it out than me throw it in the kitty litter. Before that restart I didnt figure I would have a good result at this track anyway, thats why I said I was fine to keep racing with original race start. That was until I remembered @bloodyboyblue got disconnected, then I voted for the restart.
 
Even though I could not see you believe me when I say I was well aware of where you were, a simple off by me at Degner could have put us wheel to wheel. Once there was about 20 minutes to go I realized a podium was a good possibility so I started running a little safe as I had about a 16 second gap, I would have much rather we fought it out than me throw it in the kitty litter. Before that restart I didnt figure I would have a good result at this track anyway, thats why I said I was fine to keep racing with original race start. That was until I remembered @bloodyboyblue got disconnected, then I voted for the restart.

Isn't it funny that Suzuka is not our best track and yet we somehow managed to do good. Then at tracks I really like and I feel I'm good at I get my ass kicked at them.
 
Isn't it funny that Suzuka is not our best track and yet we somehow managed to do good. Then at tracks I really like and I feel I'm good at I get my ass kicked at them.

I have always loved Suzuka but that certainly doesnt mean I am fast there. The second you stop concentrating that track will bite you.
 
Loyalty Rewards Program?

I'm a true believer in rewarding people who are very loyal and run every Monthly race from start to finish in this Series. How to go about doing this is not as easy as it sounds.
We are mid way through our second season and I can't stress enough the amount of Appreciation I have for those who have stuck with this Series especially seeing how many other race options that have appeared on this site since we began.

I feel very strongly about doing something special for those people and I want to start a Loyalty Rewards Program as we continue on. As I have every plan on running another full season for 2020.

It should be something that makes people want to race every month but also might help draw in some more dedicated talent. However I do want to stress it should have absolutely nothing to do with finishing positions for any of our races because that's not what this is about. Getting a podium finish should be all the reward that is needed against the talent in this Series.

The sole purpose of this Series being once a month is so it doesn't take a huge amount of dedication for anyone who wishes to join but I feel more can be done to get people excited about racing every month.
So i feel there is no one better to ask than the awesome people who make up this Series and what would make you want to race every month over everything else excluding family emergencies or course. What kind of Loyalty Rewards would you like to see that would get you excited enough not to miss a race?
Our race signup is always full but it's just getting everyone together at once every month that is becoming a challenge.

Like always I'm open to all reasonable ideas that don't involve me paying people to play.

I already do little things that I just don't announce for loyal members.
Like for Infineon who is our for 3 months and for Standard FV who will be out for 3 months.
 
Last edited:
Suzuka has been my favorite track since GT4!

@Rinsky I think allowing members to pick a T.B.A. track would be cool. Say you race a few consecutive events, this would make you eligible to suggest a track. Eligible players could make one suggestion, no repeats, and then either a group vote or some kind of one-make sprint race where the winner has their track chosen and slotted in to the next T.B.A. track event.
 
Loyalty Rewards Program?

I'm a true believer in rewarding people who are very loyal and run every Monthly race from start to finish in this Series. How to go about doing this is not as easy as it sounds.
We are mid way through our second season and I can't stress enough the amount of Appreciation I have for those who have stuck with this Series especially seeing how many other race options that have appeared on this site since we began.

I feel very strongly about doing something special for those people and I want to start a Loyalty Rewards Program as we continue on. As I have every plan on running another full season for 2020.

It should be something that makes people want to race every month but also might help draw in some more dedicated talent. However I do want to stress it should have absolutely nothing to do with finishing positions for any of our races because that's not what this is about. Getting a podium finish should be all the reward that is needed against the talent in this Series.

The sole purpose of this Series being once a month is so it doesn't take a huge amount of dedication for anyone who wishes to join but I feel more can be done to get people excited about racing every month.
So i feel there is no one better to ask than the awesome people who make up this Series and what would make you want to race every month over everything else excluding family emergencies or course. What kind of Loyalty Rewards would you like to see that would get you excited enough not to miss a race?
Our race signup is always full but it's just getting everyone together at once every month that is becoming a challenge.

Like always I'm open to all reasonable ideas that don't involve me paying people to play.

I already do little things that I just don't announce for loyal members.
Like for Infineon who is our for 3 months and for Standard FV who will be out for 3 months.

I think an appropriate Loyalty Reqard would be getting to race with a non BOP car, soup it up all you want!!! :D:D:D:cheers:
 
Suzuka has been my favorite track since GT4!

@Rinsky I think allowing members to pick a T.B.A. track would be cool. Say you race a few consecutive events, this would make you eligible to suggest a track. Eligible players could make one suggestion, no repeats, and then either a group vote or some kind of one-make sprint race where the winner has their track chosen and slotted in to the next T.B.A. track event.

That is definitely an idea that's 100% doable and I will work on adding a fair way to implement this.

I think an appropriate Loyalty Reqard would be getting to race with a non BOP car, soup it up all you want!!! :D:D:D:cheers:

Why that sounds cool it would be extremely unfair to everyone else. Doing something with the cars has crossed my mind but with the way I have it setup now along with our special car selection process is by far the fairest way I can come up with. So I really don't want to mess with the cars at all.

I'll be racing in the Jaguar if I'm reading the front page correctly.

I have you on the list with the Jaguar.
 
Why that sounds cool it would be extremely unfair to everyone else. Doing something with the cars has crossed my mind but with the way I have it setup now along with our special car selection process is by far the fairest way I can come up with. So I really don't want to mess with the cars at all.

I was just funnin with you on that one, that wouldn't exactly be fair having 1 car out there with 300 extra HP and 1000 pounds less weight to carry around.
I think PD is going to need to do something with BOP adjustments relatively soon, it seems there are some OP as well as some very UP cars out there at the moment with the 1.39 update.
 
Back