MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,188 views
Me and @fastone371 got to run some good practice laps today.

I made a change to the fuel from ×3 to x4 and the time of day is 17:20

Gr.4
1.5 hour endurance race
45 minute Practice/Qualifying session
Track: Tsukuba
In game track time: 17:20
Fastest First set by host
BOP On with No Tuning.
Everyone must run a different Gr.4 car.
Race Softs / Race Mediums / Race Hards
Fuel X4 & Tire wear X3
No assist but ABS
>Damage on Heavy<
Boost Off
Slipstream Real
Track grip set to Real
Penalties set on Strong
No need for wall penalties with Heavy Damage
Auto Drive off
Caution flags on
Ghosting off
Lap Cars Ghosted Off
Standing Starts
 
Unless plans change I don't think I can make the July again. I'm sorry I know attendance is already low because of the FIA series. I was looking forward to running my Patriotic and Gran Turismo Nostalgic Corvette livery for the July race too. So I run it for the September race since that will be on Labor Day Weekend.
 
Bought PSVR last week, so good driving around in VR. It really is amazing, graphics could be a little cleaner but doesn’t detract too much from the experience, so immersive!!!

If I can find one at a good price used then this is definitely something I still want to look into getting.
 
If I can find one at a good price used then this is definitely something I still want to look into getting.

Yeah it’s worth it at the right price, I got mine very cheap.

I think using VR is faster too, it just feels so natural being able to look into the apex. Did a bit of practice with for Tsukuba tonight, hitting a 56.0 on softs which I think is pretty decent in the 86.
 
I'm running 57-58's in the Trophy in time trial
 
Had a quick run in the trophy, 55.8 in that. Feels very planted with this physics update.

Me and fastone371 were hitting low 57's under the race lobby with a full fuel tank.
 
Me and fastone371 were hitting low 57's under the race lobby with a full fuel tank.

I still need to determine which configuration that I am going to race with yet, I was changing my ABS from default to weak, maybe I will give ABS off a try, I have not tried that in 1.39 yet but 1.37 I think PD made a huge improvement with ABS off.

You were a few 1/10ths faster than me Mr. R and since you were following me I am guessing you still could have gone faster. :bowdown:
 
I still need to determine which configuration that I am going to race with yet, I was changing my ABS from default to weak, maybe I will give ABS off a try, I have not tried that in 1.39 yet but 1.37 I think PD made a huge improvement with ABS off.

You were a few 1/10ths faster than me Mr. R and since you were following me I am guessing you still could have gone faster. :bowdown:

I was really only focused on finding places to pass as this will be extremely difficult and I was trying to save my tires. I really don't think people can keep 55 or 56 second laps going without some serious tire wear issues. I think our speeds were right on par for the long haul.
 
What cars are left? I am always awake until three or four especially as am a loner. Best gr4 cars for me are ff or 4wd, am weak with fr gr4 but good with fr gr3 but no good with gr2 lol No idea why that is but i cant learn fr in gr4 lol my psn is GT_Spec_Racer too. Not got psn requests on as am fussy who i had lol
 
I was really only focused on finding places to pass as this will be extremely difficult and I was trying to save my tires. I really don't think people can keep 55 or 56 second laps going without some serious tire wear issues. I think our speeds were right on par for the long haul.

57s are easily on pace for the race, 56 flat in time trial is realistically a 57 with lobby settings. Running 57s you’ll be right up there!
 
57s are easily on pace for the race, 56 flat in time trial is realistically a 57 with lobby settings. Running 57s you’ll be right up there!

I missed the race last year so I don't know how everything played out plus we are on a different tire model now and they had just changed the tire model right before this race last year.
I really think fuel and tire management will be critical here because passing is not easy at this track so jumping into the pits for a tire change won't have the advantages it sometimes does at other locations.

Consistent 57's were done on an almost open track with no traffic so adding in another 14 cars into the mix will definitely bring lap times down as well. Unless your name is Venster that is because he will more than likely start on the first row and will have nothing but open track for awhile. :lol:
 
I really want to do some racing tonight. Today is my B-Day and the wife agreed to watch the kids for an hour or so then I could race some if I wanted to.
I just don't know what everyone gets into on the other Saturday's our endurance races are not held. I'm thinking about hosting a one make endurance race for an hour at the Goodwood Motor Circuit or something like that.
 
I really want to do some racing tonight. Today is my B-Day and the wife agreed to watch the kids for an hour or so then I could race some if I wanted to.
I just don't know what everyone gets into on the other Saturday's our endurance races are not held. I'm thinking about hosting a one make endurance race for an hour at the Goodwood Motor Circuit or something like that.

Happy Birthday @Rinsky :cheers:

I can‘t make it tonight.
 
Happy Birthday. How about some 86 GRMN fun? :)
 
It will probably be an open lobby because of the such short notice. I'm thinking about using the Gr.X ALFA ROMEO Giulia TZ2 to help eliminate some of the bad drivers in an open lobby. Plus I like the car
 
Nah just a suggestion. I have qualifying for the IRS 2.4H Le Mans at 9pm EST.
 
Nah just a suggestion. I have qualifying for the IRS 2.4H Le Mans at 9pm EST.

Then who is running your 86 Series tonight or is it before the qualifying at Le Mans?
 
I'm not running the series tonight dude. I'm just suggesting something fun to do for awhile. I can race with you guys til around 9pm is what I was getting at. IRS Toyota 86 Racing Series is Mondays at 9pm EST. It'd be nice to race with you and the monthly race guys for a bit if you have something open later. the usual 7-9-ish?
 
ARL vs MSN

ARL is hosting an All Stars event for their members over the course of 3 races. Details of the ARL event can be found here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/arl-all-stars.388150/

Once this event is over the top 8 players have agreed to a friendly competition endurance race with the top 8 players from our group (MSN)
This is going to be some great fun and for anyone who might not know a lot about ARL I will tell you their members are some of the nicest people you will ever meet on here.

So I need to get together the top 8 player from our group who are interested in this race.
If we have more than 8 people wanting to join then we will race it out to find our top 8.

Only the members currently on our list now are eligible.
For those of you that belong to both ARL & MSN you can only choose one to race for. No hard feelings if you don't choose us

1. Bloodyboyblue
2. racer233
3. Venster
4. Docbrown40
5. RINSKY - Porsche is a part time ARL member
6. micantony
7. WhiteFlight1
8. fastone371
9. Standard_FV
10. Cold Warrior
11. DirtenDK
12. GTP_Guido is an ARL member
13. Jw_wk1010 is an ARL member
14. QTip8329Wags
15. T5BLACK
16. Sheldonsuckz
17. Infineon - is an ARL member


No details have been worked on yet but I will assume the race will take place on a Saturday as both groups normally race on that day.

Please let me know if your interested in this race.​
 
that timing.... one of the best leagues available, but that timing....

Yeah I know but because I work on Saturdays those times don't make me rush to get home and race.
I get to spend time with my kids and relax some before hand. Only on special events do we start earlier.
 
Yeah I know but because I work on Saturdays those times don't make me rush to get home and race.
I get to spend time with my kids and relax some before hand. Only on special events do we start earlier.
I wish someone in this side of the pond organized things this well.
 
Back