MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,016 views
ARL vs MSN

ARL is hosting an All Stars event for their members over the course of 3 races. Details of the ARL event can be found here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/arl-all-stars.388150/

Once this event is over the top 8 players have agreed to a friendly competition endurance race with the top 8 players from our group (MSN)
This is going to be some great fun and for anyone who might not know a lot about ARL I will tell you their members are some of the nicest people you will ever meet on here.

So I need to get together the top 8 player from our group who are interested in this race.
If we have more than 8 people wanting to join then we will race it out to find our top 8.

Only the members currently on our list now are eligible.
For those of you that belong to both ARL & MSN you can only choose one to race for. No hard feelings if you don't choose us

1. Bloodyboyblue
2. racer233
3. Venster
4. Docbrown40
5. RINSKY - Porsche is a part time ARL member
6. micantony
7. WhiteFlight1
8. fastone371
9. Standard_FV
10. Cold Warrior
11. DirtenDK
12. GTP_Guido is an ARL member
13. Jw_wk1010 is an ARL member
14. QTip8329Wags
15. T5BLACK
16. Sheldonsuckz
17. Infineon - is an ARL member


No details have been worked on yet but I will assume the race will take place on a Saturday as both groups normally race on that day.

Please let me know if your interested in this race.​

I would be interested.
 
ARL vs MSN

ARL is hosting an All Stars event for their members over the course of 3 races. Details of the ARL event can be found here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/arl-all-stars.388150/

Once this event is over the top 8 players have agreed to a friendly competition endurance race with the top 8 players from our group (MSN)
This is going to be some great fun and for anyone who might not know a lot about ARL I will tell you their members are some of the nicest people you will ever meet on here.

So I need to get together the top 8 player from our group who are interested in this race.
If we have more than 8 people wanting to join then we will race it out to find our top 8.

Only the members currently on our list now are eligible.
For those of you that belong to both ARL & MSN you can only choose one to race for. No hard feelings if you don't choose us

1. Bloodyboyblue
2. racer233
3. Venster
4. Docbrown40
5. RINSKY - Porsche is a part time ARL member
6. micantony
7. WhiteFlight1
8. fastone371
9. Standard_FV
10. Cold Warrior
11. DirtenDK
12. GTP_Guido is an ARL member
13. Jw_wk1010 is an ARL member
14. QTip8329Wags
15. T5BLACK
16. Sheldonsuckz
17. Infineon - is an ARL member


No details have been worked on yet but I will assume the race will take place on a Saturday as both groups normally race on that day.

Please let me know if your interested in this race.​

I will be interested as long as it’s a day and time I can make
 
I wish someone in this side of the pond organized things this well.

Even though those times are late for some people our race has people from all around the world in it including the UK.
I keep things on schedule so the race doesn't run any later.
 
I'm assuming it will be around the same time our race is normally scheduled. ARL races later than us every Saturday night. So it will definitely have to be over before their other races start. Should work out great

Should be fine then, look forward to it.

On a side note Assetto Corsa Ultimate edition is on sale at the moment, if you can you should definitely give it a try, it’s really cheap but well worth every penny.
 
Should be fine then, look forward to it.

On a side note Assetto Corsa Ultimate edition is on sale at the moment, if you can you should definitely give it a try, it’s really cheap but well worth every penny.

YES! I did this as soon as I saw it and you get every car pack for a great price, it was $14.99-$21.99 USD when I bought it a few months ago. I'm with Venster* on this one! Can't beat the laser scanned tracks.
 
YES! I did this as soon as I saw it and you get every car pack for a great price, it was $14.99-$21.99 USD when I bought it a few months ago. I'm with Venster* on this one! Can't beat the laser scanned tracks.

And the feel of the cars, it’s completely different to GTS. The noise, cars, tracks it’s all really good, the handling model is fantastic. Its a completely new experience with a wheel, dealing with weight transfer etc, it’s not a jump in and go fast, really have to spend a while understanding the car.
 
And the feel of the cars, it’s completely different to GTS. The noise, cars, tracks it’s all really good, the handling model is fantastic. Its a completely new experience with a wheel, dealing with weight transfer etc, it’s not a jump in and go fast, really have to spend a while understanding the car.

Do you guys just get the digital download or do you buy the physical product?? I always prefer to have the game on a disc then download the DLC if needed.
 
Do you guys just get the digital download or do you buy the physical product?? I always prefer to have the game on a disc then download the DLC if needed.

I do like having the physical copy but in this instance it’s so cheap on PSN store for what you get it didn’t bother me and just got the digital version.

I’m swapping between GTS, PC2 and AC at the moment so it’s convenient not having to swap disks.
 
Yeah, I just grabbed PC2 from the local library today and the handling characteristics are crazy. Took me an hour to figure out the GT-86 Rocket Bunny on the Nurburgring 24 Hour layout. I tried the Nissan GT-R GT3 at Brands Hatch first since I've run the hell out of the Nissan's in the manufacturer's and I think it's the stock setup but turning in was damn near impossible without adjusting it. Didn't touch the setup stuff until I switched to the Toyota but I think I will be playing PC2 a lot. Still need to tweak some of the feedback settings but 70%-75% Force Feedback seems to be the sweet spot for the T-150 without the risk of stripping the steering gears or breaking the plastic teeth. I can see why some people say that GT Sport is "easy" compared to AC and PC2 but Gran Turismo remains my go to racing simulator.

It is nice having a physical copy but unless it's a used copy, probably not from Gamestop, you won't get close to the digital sale price discounts that PSN offers every few months. Saves on download time with a disc but the updates still take awhile and some seem to copy over to the discs which is cool. Also, when getting a used copy, usually the DLC's aren't included. PSN offers huge deals with all of the DLC at a quarter of the price, hard to say no to that.
 
This next update will be interesting as they will give us wet condition tracks. It would be fun to have one of our remaining races done on a wet track just to add some difficulty.

This is absolutely something we should do. I will let everyone get a good feeling for wet track conditions before I add it in so it won't be in our next race.
 
ARL vs MSN

ARL is hosting an All Stars event for their members over the course of 3 races. Details of the ARL event can be found here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/arl-all-stars.388150/

Once this event is over the top 8 players have agreed to a friendly competition endurance race with the top 8 players from our group (MSN)
This is going to be some great fun and for anyone who might not know a lot about ARL I will tell you their members are some of the nicest people you will ever meet on here.

So I need to get together the top 8 player from our group who are interested in this race.
If we have more than 8 people wanting to join then we will race it out to find our top 8.

Only the members currently on our list now are eligible.
For those of you that belong to both ARL & MSN you can only choose one to race for. No hard feelings if you don't choose us

1. Bloodyboyblue
2. racer233
3. Venster
4. Docbrown40
5. RINSKY - Porsche is a part time ARL member
6. micantony
7. WhiteFlight1
8. fastone371
9. Standard_FV
10. Cold Warrior
11. DirtenDK
12. GTP_Guido is an ARL member
13. Jw_wk1010 is an ARL member
14. QTip8329Wags
15. T5BLACK
16. Sheldonsuckz
17. Infineon - is an ARL member


No details have been worked on yet but I will assume the race will take place on a Saturday as both groups normally race on that day.

Please let me know if your interested in this race.​

if the schedule permits, I’d be interested.
 
I'm going to have lobbies open on and off all weekend if anyone is interested. I'm open to track votes and class changes but for the most part, it'll be clean cruises and hot laps around the Nurburgring 24H layout. Anyone else have the ADAC Rennen 24 Hour of Nurburgring fever?

[EDIT] Lobbies closed for now, practicing Project Cars 2 for a 2 hour GT4 endurance race on the Nurburgring 24 Hour layout.

 
Last edited:
@Rinsky could I possibly sign up for the next race I'll run what ever cars is available either the BMW or the Mercedes dont matter to me

Absolutely.. both cars are available just let me know the one you want. I will put you on the list and just tell me your car choice when you get time.
 
So the rain coming in the next update looks awesome. I don't know if they have announced any other track but Red Bull Ring to have it. This track is on our list this year however and if it's the only one to have rain then we will run in it there.
I'm hoping for another track though because I like RBR and I would much rather run in the rain at a track like Fuji. Either way it should make our race very interesting and a nice change of pace.
 
I'm going to have lobbies open on and off all weekend if anyone is interested. I'm open to track votes and class changes but for the most part, it'll be clean cruises and hot laps around the Nurburgring 24H layout. Anyone else have the ADAC Rennen 24 Hour of Nurburgring fever?

[EDIT] Lobbies closed for now, practicing Project Cars 2 for a 2 hour GT4 endurance race on the Nurburgring 24 Hour layout.

I seen your lobby but didn't know it was for everyone until I just read this..sorry I was going to jump in.
 
I really want to do some racing tonight. Today is my B-Day and the wife agreed to watch the kids for an hour or so then I could race some if I wanted to.
I just don't know what everyone gets into on the other Saturday's our endurance races are not held. I'm thinking about hosting a one make endurance race for an hour at the Goodwood Motor Circuit or something like that.
Happy very belated birthday. Sorry you haven't not heard from me much I have been busy lately. I noted your birthday on my phone's calendar for next year.
 
So the rain coming in the next update looks awesome. I don't know if they have announced any other track but Red Bull Ring to have it. This track is on our list this year however and if it's the only one to have rain then we will run in it there.
I'm hoping for another track though because I like RBR and I would much rather run in the rain at a track like Fuji. Either way it should make our race very interesting and a nice change of pace.
While I'm happy we are actually going to get rain but, I'm not sure if will get weather change during races since there is no time change.
In real life it rains a lot the Fuji area of Japan. Wet races are common there. So I vote Fuji as a rain race. Experience Fuji like the professionals often do.
 
While I'm happy we are actually going to get rain but, I'm not sure if will get weather change during races since there is no time change.
In real life it rains a lot the Fuji area of Japan. Wet races are common there. So I vote Fuji as a rain race. Experience Fuji like the professionals often do.

If rain is available there, some people think that maybe only RBR will have rain initially.
 
If rain is available there, some people think that maybe only RBR will have rain initially.

I feel like they’ll add one per update as way to avoid having to add a completely new track each time.
 
Well we don't have to worry about it because I guess rain is only available to those who compete at the live events and the rest of us get the typical PD shaft with no lubrication.

Shouldn't come as a big shock to anyone really.
 
I absolutely love this new track in every layout in forward or reversed. This has to be my all time favorite original track from all the GT titles. Well maybe except for the GT6 Sierra.

Anyway I really want this track in our schedule this year and all except for December this is the remainder of our schedule. Now I know what track I want to replace it with but I will ask everyone here.

1. Do you want to race this course this year?

2. If your answer is yes then what track do you want to replace it with?

July 6th - Tsukuba Circuit

August 3rd - Autopolis

September 7th - Broad Bean Raceway II

October 5th - Fuji Speedway GT

November 2nd - Red Bull Ring
 
Back