MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,005 views
Attention
There has been a last minute location change for the July 6th race.



After much deliberation with everyone I have made my decision on the track change.
July 6th at Tsukuba is now being replaced with Sardegna - Road Track A

The new update that brought us the Sardegna road courses arrived almost a week away from our scheduled July 6th race at Tsukuba. Tsukuba is a repeat from last year's season so it seems only fair to replace it instead of another track on our schedule that we have not raced at yet.

To @Sheldonsuckz @Herimopp89 @Jw_wk1010
I hope this change does not effect your decision to race on July 6th. You three signed up to race for July 6th and I don't know if your decision was based on the track location or if you three just wanted to join in for some fun no matter where we race.
I'm truly sorry if this causes you to rethink your commitment for the July 6th race.
Our new location (Sardegna - Road Track A) in my opinion is the best original tracks PD has ever created for GTS and I believe this change will have positive impact on our series.

The track time will be in the morning (the second option on the list) I'm not on or around my PS4 to put down the exact time stamp.
Fuel & Tire wear multipliers will both go back to being x3 all other settings remain unchanged.
Thanks again for everyone's input and understanding on this last minute change.
​

Personally I really enjoy scuba buuuutttttttttt I'm down to bang some fenders anywhere and I'm sure @Herimopp89 feels the same way he is still on vacation so u may not hear from him but I know he will still race
 
Personally I really enjoy scuba buuuutttttttttt I'm down to bang some fenders anywhere and I'm sure @Herimopp89 feels the same way he is still on vacation so u may not hear from him but I know he will still race

I like it too.
Plus it's the only race I missed last year as I went on Vacation and @Infineon hosted the race.
If they by some chance add SPA or bring back one of the classic original tracks from GT's past before this year is up I'm going to pull my hair out. :banghead::lol::lol::lol:
 
I like it too.
Plus it's the only race I missed last year as I went on Vacation and @Infineon hosted the race.
If they by some chance add SPA or bring back one of the classic original tracks from GT's past before this year is up I'm going to pull my hair out. :banghead::lol::lol::lol:

Lol little secret for u this is the first sim racing game I've had like this and only been at it for like 9months
 
Lol little secret for u this is the first sim racing game I've had like this and only been at it for like 9months

Wow your good for this being your first sim racing game and only 9 months of playing time.

I bought Gran Turismo when it first came out on the original Playstation and so did @Infineon We have been playing GT for a very very long time. Actually @Infineon gave me my Playstation as a wedding gift on my first marriage and GT was my first game bought for it.
I have had every GT game since then except for the useless side projects like prologue or anything on the PSP.
I remember getting my first wheel for it as well.. There was no force feedback or any kind of feedback for that matter. No sim chairs or setups you could buy, no upgraded pedal sets so you were stuck with some cheap plastic toy as your sim rig and it was one horrible experience.
Man how things have changed over the years.
So when I hear people complain about GT graphics or framerates I just laugh while thinking some people have no freaking clue what it took to get us to this point in racing games and don't appreciate what we have now.

Hopefully when GT7 is released they give us back the options to make our lobby races the best of any sim game. Sport Mode just doesn't even come close to the realism we can achieve in lobby racing. It's the people who choose lobby racing over the other stuff that makes all that possible.
 
Wow your good for this being your first sim racing game and only 9 months of playing time.

I bought Gran Turismo when it first came out on the original Playstation and so did @Infineon We have been playing GT for a very very long time. Actually @Infineon gave me my Playstation as a wedding gift on my first marriage and GT was my first game bought for it.
I have had every GT game since then except for the useless side projects like prologue or anything on the PSP.
I remember getting my first wheel for it as well.. There was no force feedback or any kind of feedback for that matter. No sim chairs or setups you could buy, no upgraded pedal sets so you were stuck with some cheap plastic toy as your sim rig and it was one horrible experience.
Man how things have changed over the years.
So when I hear people complain about GT graphics or framerates I just laugh while thinking some people have no freaking clue what it took to get us to this point in racing games and don't appreciate what we have now.

Hopefully when GT7 is released they give us back the options to make our lobby races the best of any sim game. Sport Mode just doesn't even come close to the realism we can achieve in lobby racing. It's the people who choose lobby racing over the other stuff that makes all that possible.

Lol I started on the controller then bought a t80 definitely a beginner wheel no ffb cheap pedals ya know and made a stand out of shelving to go around my chair I stuck with that for a while then started to want a better experience so I forked out the dough in November to buy a g29 and in Feb I bought my gen2 openwheeler and Logitech shifter it's amazes me how long and how dedicated u are to this when I started playing I didn't know leagues existed or anything like that so to be part of ARL and see how fast we are going in such a short time is truely amazing
 
I like it too.
Plus it's the only race I missed last year as I went on Vacation and @Infineon hosted the race.
If they by some chance add SPA or bring back one of the classic original tracks from GT's past before this year is up I'm going to pull my hair out. :banghead::lol::lol::lol:

Not to worry, we can still give Fuji the boot!!!!

I think you kicked Tskuba because I like Suzuka I know it like the back of my hand and I love that small track for some reason, it's easy to get in a great rhythm there. :D:D:cheers:


I bought Gran Turismo when it first came out on the original Playstation and so did @Infineon We have been playing GT for a very very long time. Actually @Infineon gave me my Playstation as a wedding gift on my first marriage and GT was my first game bought for it.
I have had every GT game since then except for the useless side projects like prologue or anything on the PSP.
I remember getting my first wheel for it as well.. There was no force feedback or any kind of feedback for that matter. No sim chairs or setups you could buy, no upgraded pedal sets so you were stuck with some cheap plastic toy as your sim rig and it was one horrible experience.
Man how things have changed over the years.
So when I hear people complain about GT graphics or framerates I just laugh while thinking some people have no freaking clue what it took to get us to this point in racing games and don't appreciate what we have now.

Hopefully when GT7 is released they give us back the options to make our lobby races the best of any sim game. Sport Mode just doesn't even come close to the realism we can achieve in lobby racing. It's the people who choose lobby racing over the other stuff that makes all that possible.

Oh, you mean like being able to adjust accelerator pedal ratio so the first 50% of throttle opening covers more than just 20% of pedal movement with the last 80% of pedal movement opening throttle from 50%-100%??? I wonder who the genious was at PD that decided that would be "about right"?:banghead::banghead:
 
Last edited:
I agree with both of you.
BB Raceway II was @bloodyboyblue pick. Now he said I could do away with it even before one vote was cast but that doesn't mean I should. Every other track left on our schedule but that one was picked by me. So I have no problem swapping it out with another one.

@bloodyboyblue this is now 100% your call. You say keep it and it stays and I will swap out Autopolis.

As I’ve posted a million times, BB Raceway forward is my pick! Not BB Raceway II! The one with left turns!
 
As I’ve posted a million times, BB Raceway forward is my pick! Not BB Raceway II! The one with left turns!

Ok I will put that one down instead but remember the forward layout gives a few car a huge advantage because they don't have to brake around that one turn that's around the pits while everyone else does. The Megane Trophy definitely comes to mind as just one of those cars.
The reverse layout gives no car the advantage around any turn.

Edit
Its quite possible I'm completely confused on this layout because I just don't ever run there.


Not to worry, we can still give Fuji the boot!!!!

I think you kicked Tskuba because I like Suzuka I know it like the back of my hand and I love that small track for some reason, it's easy to get in a great rhythm there. :D:D:cheers:




Oh, you mean like being able to adjust accelerator pedal ratio so the first 50% of throttle opening covers more than just 20% of pedal movement with the last 80% of pedal movement opening throttle from 50%-100%??? I wonder who the genious was at PD that decided that would be "about right"?:banghead::banghead:

No I kicked Tsukuba because we have already been there.

The throttle is still better than my first wheel and pedals as everything was just an on/off switch. That was GT2/GT3

This was my first wheel. What a piece of crap it was too.
volante-para-ps3-ps2-pc-logitech-driving-force-ex_0_0.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ok I will put that one down instead but remember the forward layout gives a few car a huge advantage because they don't have to brake around that one turn that's around the pits while everyone else does. The Megane Trophy definitely comes to mind as just one of those cars.
The reverse layout gives no car the advantage around any turn.

Only if you are a wuss lol

I signed up just to have some fun racing with everybody looking foreward to racing with you guys next week
 
This is way I said leave the new tracks for next year. Your just taking out races that someone is looking for too. I would very much like to see Goodwood and a least one configuration for Sardegna.
 
Oh, and I my opinion I feel Autodrome Lago Maggiore is the best orginal circuit made for GT Sport. The full course of this offers some very unique corners. Some of which I'm still trying to figure. Turn 5 is a good example. I don't even know what type of corner that is decreasing and increasing maybe. But I also like it because I feel it gives most sense of realism of the tracks. Not just the layout but the how the they handled the runoff areas for a modern race track. My only complaint is the forward pit exit which I think should exit on the outside of turn 2.

And I case anyone asks my favorite orginal circuits of GT Sport is Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop because of the crazy speeds and because this place remains me of GT classic Special Stage Route 5. But it would never make it as a real course. Tokyo is unlikely to shutdown their highways for racing and there is a lot of safety red flags. Plus I guess fans would have to watch from the rooftops and bridges.
 
I think you kicked Tskuba because I like Suzuka I know it like the back of my hand and I love that small track for some reason, it's easy to get in a great rhythm there. :D:D:cheers:

I love Suzuka as well, a favorite throughout the series. Sardegna will be a learning curve, no laps done yet. Anyone up for some practice?
 
Speaking of that it's the finale u guys should run

It depends on when it is.. I'm getting ready to go into work now..yes it's 4:20am here then I'm on Vacation for the next 11 days. I'm not going anywhere this year as Ford always does a plant shutdown for one or two weeks at this time every year so I use some of this time to race more than normal.


This is way I said leave the new tracks for next year. Your just taking out races that someone is looking for too. I would very much like to see Goodwood and a least one configuration for Sardegna.

Not entirely true now that I took out Tsukuba. Most people didn't want to run here again anyway because we have already done it. I'm the one who insisted on putting in again because I missed this race last year. We still have -

Brands Hatch
Circuit de Sainte-Croix A & C
Dragon Trail – Seaside
Goodwood Motor Circuit
Mount Panorama
Sardegna - Road Track B & C
Tokyo Expressway short course
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP

That's 9 months of racing plus any other new road courses that get added for next year that we have not raced at yet. So when an awesome course gets added to GTS you can see why I'm willing to change the schedule because it might be another year before we get to it.

I also like the Tokyo tracks and it's probably why I like Sardegna so much too. I like road courses with barriers that force you to run within the boundaries because it makes it that much more difficult. Walls and barriers are unforgiving with heavy damage while grass and sand traps don't do crap to your car in this game. In real life they rip off spoilers and damage other Aerodynamic or Suspension parts of the car..


I love Suzuka as well, a favorite throughout the series. Sardegna will be a learning curve, no laps done yet. Anyone up for some practice?

I think this is exactly what we need a track everyone has had very little time on. In our first season I use to keep the track location hidden from aliens until race day while the rest of us got to practice all month long on it. My goal was trying to bring that separation gap down between the two levels of drivers in our group. In the end it didn't matter because the aliens kicked our ass badly no matter what I did...lol

Although we still have that gap it has closed tremendously from season one as the slower guys have gotten much faster over the past year and a half.
Because of the past it shouldn't come as a big shock to anyone that I make suprising changes at times. I hope this change might level the field just a little. It's a challenging course and we all will have very little time on it in a full race.
 
Last edited:
No I kicked Tsukuba because we have already been there.

The throttle is still better than my first wheel and pedals as everything was just an on/off switch. That was GT2/GT3

This was my first wheel. What a piece of crap it was too.
View attachment 832049

I was just messin with ya, I do that every chance I get, you should this by now.
It would be nice if PD had an option in lobbies to make consistant winners carry success weight as a way to even up the fields. I know, I know, the slow guys just need to "git gud" but it's easier said than done, I would need to pound out hours of laps every day but with my schedule I'm lucky if I can even log in during the week. There are activities that I partake in where I am an "alien" and I am happy to give some sort of handicap to compete with a full field, it's more fun competing against everyone rather than just 2 other people.
 
I was just messin with ya, I do that every chance I get, you should this by now.
It would be nice if PD had an option in lobbies to make consistant winners carry success weight as a way to even up the fields. I know, I know, the slow guys just need to "git gud" but it's easier said than done, I would need to pound out hours of laps every day but with my schedule I'm lucky if I can even log in during the week. There are activities that I partake in where I am an "alien" and I am happy to give some sort of handicap to compete with a full field, it's more fun competing against everyone rather than just 2 other people.
If this gets bigger/Rinsky allows more sign-ups we could evolve to a two lobby room, a Pro lobby and an Am lobby.
 
I was just messin with ya, I do that every chance I get, you should this by now.
It would be nice if PD had an option in lobbies to make consistant winners carry success weight as a way to even up the fields. I know, I know, the slow guys just need to "git gud" but it's easier said than done, I would need to pound out hours of laps every day but with my schedule I'm lucky if I can even log in during the week. There are activities that I partake in where I am an "alien" and I am happy to give some sort of handicap to compete with a full field, it's more fun competing against everyone rather than just 2 other people.

I would have to find it but there is a sheet somewhere with a success balance breakdown and there are some big series vrr one that pops to mind first that use this formula and works extremely well
 
I believe VRR uses the real world ballast system that is in SuperGT. It's great that they have a real world series to base that stuff on. That's what I try to do with all of my ideas so I have some concrete info to work with.
 
I was just messin with ya, I do that every chance I get, you should this by now.
It would be nice if PD had an option in lobbies to make consistant winners carry success weight as a way to even up the fields. I know, I know, the slow guys just need to "git gud" but it's easier said than done, I would need to pound out hours of laps every day but with my schedule I'm lucky if I can even log in during the week. There are activities that I partake in where I am an "alien" and I am happy to give some sort of handicap to compete with a full field, it's more fun competing against everyone rather than just 2 other people.

I know you were I didn't take you as being mad at me or anything.
Play or practice time for me as become very limited these days so I'm probably as good as I'm ever going to be.

@Rinsky it was last night lol heck of a race

Yeah with me working today it would have been impossible.

I would have to find it but there is a sheet somewhere with a success balance breakdown and there are some big series vrr one that pops to mind first that use this formula and works extremely well

I believe VRR uses the real world ballast system that is in SuperGT. It's great that they have a real world series to base that stuff on. That's what I try to do with all of my ideas so I have some concrete info to work with.

Like I said I'm so limited on free time anymore there is absolutely no way I have the time to figure all that out on my own. I would need serious help from someone or a direct plug and play cheat sheet that could be implemented.

Then again I'm a firm believer that you only get better by racing and learning from people faster than you.
Everyone who has raced with me should notice I like to follow the person in front of me for awhile. I don't try to pass you unless your a lot slower than myself but instead I stay tucked in behind someone and follow their line and learn from them lap after lap until find out where I'm faster or can push my car harder to get the advantage and make a nice clean pass.
Everyone has a different way of driving so each person offers something new. I have really gained a lot by doing this and just another reason I start in the back of almost every race.

If I start putting a handicap on those who are faster then I feel I'm only cheating myself out of learning and getting better. We all have the ability to be just as good. I just had to teach myself the discipline to be patient. This has also made me very good at staying on someone's bumper without touching them.
 
Ballast only makes sense in a one make series or when the cars are very similar, which the Gr.4 cars are not at all. I mostly just wish the best players had the honour not to pick the best cars in these races. I probably won’t be in the Lexus for too much longer since the last update moved it to near the top of the Gr.4 class with the other fast FR cars. It was mid pack before.
 
Back