MSN 1.5hr Manufacturer's Endurance Race Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rinsky
  • 4,613 comments
  • 278,005 views
Ballast only makes sense in a one make series or when the cars are very similar, which the Gr.4 cars are not at all. I mostly just wish the best players had the honour not to pick the best cars in these races. I probably won’t be in the Lexus for too much longer since the last update moved it to near the top of the Gr.4 class with the other fast FR cars. It was mid pack before.

Yeah but look at the winners of all our races it's not like one car or one person is even close to being dominant. While the Gr.4 class is not as balanced as it could be the fact almost everyone is made to drive the same car month after month as made it more balanced than we ever thought it would.
 
Yeah but look at the winners of all our races it's not like one car or one person is even close to being dominant. While the Gr.4 class is not as balanced as it could be the fact almost everyone is made to drive the same car month after month as made it more balanced than we ever thought it would.

I think it’s more that the top guys don’t show up every month, and the mix of tracks that keeps it a bit more even
 
I dont think we need points but a loyalty system would work. Tally up the total races then how many each driver has completed since they joined. The higher percentage participants could race the ""pro lobby" and less frequent players could still race the "am lobby".
 
So much for notifications I’ve missed like 60 messages!

Better have a proper go at this new track, not really touched gt sport much for a few weeks. But will try it hopefully this week, I’m sure I can pick it up. Looking forward to having a race again!!
 
So much for notifications I’ve missed like 60 messages!

Better have a proper go at this new track, not really touched gt sport much for a few weeks. But will try it hopefully this week, I’m sure I can pick it up. Looking forward to having a race again!!

It's not just you. Hell it's my thread and it does the exact same thing to me.
 
Not entirely true now that I took out Tsukuba. Most people didn't want to run here again anyway because we have already done it. I'm the one who insisted on putting in again because I missed this race last year. We still have -

Brands Hatch
Circuit de Sainte-Croix A & C
Dragon Trail – Seaside
Goodwood Motor Circuit
Mount Panorama
Sardegna - Road Track B & C
Tokyo Expressway short course
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP

That's 9 months of racing plus any other new road courses that get added for next year that we have not raced at yet. So when an awesome course gets added to GTS you can see why I'm willing to change the schedule because it might be another year before we get to it.

I also like the Tokyo tracks and it's probably why I like Sardegna so much too. I like road courses with barriers that force you to run within the boundaries because it makes it that much more difficult. Walls and barriers are unforgiving with heavy damage while grass and sand traps don't do crap to your car in this game. In real life they rip off spoilers and damage other Aerodynamic or Suspension parts of the car..
I assuming you mean Tokyo Expressway Central. But you have a decision Inner or Outer layout?

I like this schedule except for Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B. Please change this out. Only the track in the game I truly dislike. This layout only has 2 corners that require braking. It's not much of a road course. Just run the oval at that point. Plus they ruined the pond by building a unnecessary bridge over it. It's a waste of memory.

I have 2 race requests for next.

What do you think about a 2.4h finale next at Tokyo Expressway East Outer for next year. Please run at night. We did Sarthe last year. This year is Nurburgring 24h.

I would also love to a race at Northern Isle Speedway. I love short track racing road course or oval. I have always wanted a long race here. I have tried against AI but, they cheat on with tire wear.
 
I assuming you mean Tokyo Expressway Central. But you have a decision Inner or Outer layout?

I like this schedule except for Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B. Please change this out. Only the track in the game I truly dislike. This layout only has 2 corners that require braking. It's not much of a road course. Just run the oval at that point. Plus they ruined the pond by building a unnecessary bridge over it. It's a waste of memory.

I have 2 race requests for next.

What do you think about a 2.4h finale next at Tokyo Expressway East Outer for next year. Please run at night. We did Sarthe last year. This year is Nurburgring 24h.

I would also love to a race at Northern Isle Speedway. I love short track racing road course or oval. I have always wanted a long race here. I have tried against AI but, they cheat on with tire wear.

Oh that's not the schedule I was just listing tracks we have not run yet.

I will definitely give those who race on a regular basis the track of their choice again when it comes time to make the 2020 schedule out.
We will have to wait and see what tracks might be added before I make any decisions on the next 2.4hr end of the season race for 2020.

Some people like us love Tokyo and others hate it so it will get mixed feelings for sure.
 
Only one spot remains open for the July 6th race at Sardegna.
 
Well then there's a lot of tracks you missed.

Brands Hatch - GP & Indy
Circuit de Sainte-Croix A & C
Dragon Trail – Seaside
Goodwood Motor Circuit
Mount Panorama
Sardegna - Road Track B & C
Tokyo Expressway East & Central
Blue Moon Bay Speedway Oval & Infield B
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP, East, & Central
Northern Isle Speedway
WSIR - Streets Of Willow Springs
Monza No Chicane
Sarthe No Chicane
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Autopolis - Shortcut
Red Bull Short Track
Kyoto - Yamagiwa
Kyoto - Miyabi
Fuji Speedway F
Suzuki Circuit East

Don't forget about the reverse versions.

Tracks I think are a bad idea

Special Stage Route X
Reason: Not with default gearing.

WSIR - Horse Thief Mile
Reason: I like the place but, passing anything is an issue.
 
Well then there's a lot of tracks you missed.

Brands Hatch - GP & Indy
Circuit de Sainte-Croix A & C
Dragon Trail – Seaside
Goodwood Motor Circuit
Mount Panorama
Sardegna - Road Track B & C
Tokyo Expressway East & Central
Blue Moon Bay Speedway Oval & Infield B
Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP, East, & Central
Northern Isle Speedway
WSIR - Streets Of Willow Springs
Monza No Chicane
Sarthe No Chicane
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Autopolis - Shortcut
Red Bull Short Track
Kyoto - Yamagiwa
Kyoto - Miyabi
Fuji Speedway F
Suzuki Circuit East

Don't forget about the reverse versions.

Tracks I think are a bad idea

Special Stage Route X
Reason: Not with default gearing.

WSIR - Horse Thief Mile
Reason: I like the place but, passing anything is an issue.

I was just giving an example
 
Lobby open again. 0475 4187 0657 3543 3284

[EDIT] Closed, will re-open between 7pm-11pm EST.
 
Last edited:
Ballast only makes sense in a one make series or when the cars are very similar, which the Gr.4 cars are not at all. I mostly just wish the best players had the honour not to pick the best cars in these races. I probably won’t be in the Lexus for too much longer since the last update moved it to near the top of the Gr.4 class with the other fast FR cars. It was mid pack before.

I usually lobby race on weekends when I get time, I noticed a lot of people pick 1 car and drive it week after week and race after race, I like to pick a different car for every race, there are many cars to drive that are unique and fast all at different tracks it seems. People who drive the same car all the time are cheating themselves if you ask me.

Then again I'm a firm believer that you only get better by racing and learning from people faster than you.
Everyone who has raced with me should notice I like to follow the person in front of me for awhile. I don't try to pass you unless your a lot slower than myself but instead I stay tucked in behind someone and follow their line and learn from them lap after lap until find out where I'm faster or can push my car harder to get the advantage and make a nice clean pass.
Everyone has a different way of driving so each person offers something new. I have really gained a lot by doing this and just another reason I start in the back of almost every race.

If I start putting a handicap on those who are faster then I feel I'm only cheating myself out of learning and getting better. We all have the ability to be just as good. I just had to teach myself the discipline to be patient. This has also made me very good at staying on someone's bumper without touching them.

That's the same thing I usually like to do. If the person in front of you is competent there usually isn't enough speed differential to pass unless you go for the "dive bomb" which I despise, I shouldn't have to make sure my inside rear corner is clear everytime I turn into a corner, that's just not how real racers race. Following at Suzuka is where I finally found some lap time, I found out I could carry much more speed thru Spoon 1, it gained me 5 or 6 1/10ths per lap when I started driving it correct.
 
Last edited:
Lobby open again. 0475 4187 0657 3543 3284

[EDIT] Closed, will re-open between 7pm-11pm EST.

What kind of lap times are you guys running at Sardegna A in GR4 BOP if I might ask??
 
I usually lobby race on weekends when I get time, I noticed a lot of people pick 1 car and drive it week after week and race after race, I like to pick a different car for every race, there are many cars to drive that are unique and fast all at different tracks it seems. People who drive the same car all the time are cheating themselves if you ask me.



That's the same thing I usually like to do. If the person in front of you is competent there usually isn't enough speed differential to pass unless you go for the "dive bomb" which I despise, I shouldn't have to make sure my inside rear corner is clear everytime I turn into a corner, that's just not how real racers race. Following at Suzuka is where I finally found some lap time, I found out I could carry much more speed thru Spoon 1, it gained me 5 or 6 1/10ths per lap when I started driving it correct.

Certain series don't allow for more than 1 car change a season. I try to pick a different car for each series I participate in. For example, Nissan in the Manufacturers, the Dodge Viper in these Group 4 races, the Supra RZ for Toyota's one-make Cup series and the GT-86 since I started playing Project Cars 2 on occasion. Also using a car that isn't the go to car in the Daily Races helps tremendously. While everyone runs the Megane, 4C or a Porsche, make it a point to run something else.
 
That's the same thing I usually like to do. If the person in front of you is competent there usually isn't enough speed differential to pass unless you go for the "dive bomb" which I despise, I shouldn't have to make sure my inside rear corner is clear everytime I turn into a corner, that's just not how real racers race. Following at Suzuka is where I finally found some lap time, I found out I could carry much more speed thru Spoon 1, it gained me 5 or 6 1/10ths per lap when I started driving it correct.

Most of the time you can find a few spots where you can brake later or your just faster though a certain section than the person in front of you even though your both running lap times equally the same. Time it right and you can get that run to make a nice clean pass. I just don't practice late late braking that = divebomb
I find it much more satisfying to pass getting a run on someone rather than diving in on someone.

What kind of lap times are you guys running at Sardegna A in GR4 BOP if I might ask??

I was running 1:50's and 1:50.46 was my best as of now.

I'm just one of those people who like driving the same car all season this way you really get to know the car completely. I think people who always change cars never fully understand the car and the reason I get punted off the track in other races.
 
I was running 1:50's and 1:50.46 was my best as of now.

I'm just one of those people who like driving the same car all season this way you really get to know the car completely. I think people who always change cars never fully understand the car and the reason I get punted off the track in other races.

I was referring to lobby racing or "daily races" not organized events. Believe you me, I certainly get my seat time in my GR4 Aston but thats not going to be my go to car for lobbies and dailies unless something seems off about the track or physics in that particular lobby. There are some people who soon as you see their username you know what car they are driving.
 
Low 48's with softs at the moment in Time Trial mode, as I'm still learning. This track has some awesome parts I must say!

Whoa, I have not gotten there yet, 49.0 so far was my best but I feel like there are a couple corners I could improve on yet. TT and lobby seems about the same as far as lap time on this track for some reason
 
@fastone371, I could certainly improve in that long left hander before the uphill back straight, crucial turn I didn't really figure out. :banghead:

I think the real place to gain time is going to be the left/right sequence early in the lap, before the long left you speak of. You can carry more speed thru the left but it can compromise your entry into the right hand corner. I think that sequence is more about how much time you can gain on the straights before/after that sequence. We would have to try different things to see if anything really helps.
The other place is near the end of the lap going uphill by the guardrails and you have 2 rights and a left, the left is the only one you need to slow/brake slightly for, it seems that it is very critical where you place your car when entering that left hand section, if I get it perfect I can go thru there with just an early lift and no brakes, get it wrong and you're in the grass and probably hitting the guardrail.
I usually leave the cones on while learning a track but most are very hard to see here for some reason, I'm always using the meter boards for braking, I hate having to do that but I am having a hard time finding landmarks at track eyesight level here.
 
After testing a bunch this morning I feel the X3 fuel is spot on but because they keep changing the physics I now have over half of my tire life left at tire wear on X3 on RS
Now I know the Porsche is excellent on tire wear but I think this is way to conservative.

How is everyone doing on tire wear? Because I think it needs to go up to x4 now to balance it with the fuel.
 
After testing a bunch this morning I feel the X3 fuel is spot on but because they keep changing the physics I now have over half of my tire life left at tire wear on X3 on RS
Now I know the Porsche is excellent on tire wear but I think this is way to conservative.

How is everyone doing on tire wear? Because I think it needs to go up to x4 now to balance it with the fuel.

ill be honest i have no clue didn't get to do an ounce of testing at all and might not be able to...so i am just going to send it i guess.
 
Running mid 49 in an online lobby setting. Tire wear is alright tho my right front gets absolutely destroyed. Didn't matter which track we raced on, just here for the great racing.
 
I like the x4 tire wear idea. Fuel is good at x3.

EDIT: Lobby closed.
 
Last edited:
After testing a bunch this morning I feel the X3 fuel is spot on but because they keep changing the physics I now have over half of my tire life left at tire wear on X3 on RS
Now I know the Porsche is excellent on tire wear but I think this is way to conservative.

How is everyone doing on tire wear? Because I think it needs to go up to x4 now to balance it with the fuel.
I thought you should increase tire wear for sometime now. The last several races RS were the only real option. Like I've noted before. If the soft tires can last a fuel run the harder tires are pointless.
 
Hey all,

I'm back on the after 6 weeks away, it seems all spots are taken for the 6th but if there's late quitters I'd be happy to join.

I know I missed the last 2 races I believe, so let me know if I can get it, and if I should change car (I had the Nissan)

Cheers
 
Back