My GT5 has been dispatched

• Thread starter DC9990
  • 1,900 comments
I had to re order my Collectors edition from amazon uk due to a credit card issue. They despatched it this morning with first class delivery but heres the problem.
They sent it with HDNL courier service, I've had a look around and they have had awful reviews. The estimated delivery on amazon is for tomorrow but I'm worried it won't even come tomorrow.
Has anyone here had any experience with the HDNL service?

HDNL Delivered Mine No Problems at All check the Tracking Number after 10am Tommorrow Morning and you'll get a good Idea where abouts in the Country it is 👍

i had my CE pre ordered with Play.com for like 4-5 months and it didnt show up at all today, everyone else seemed to get theirs from play.com even though they probably only ordered it a week ago, Play.com are a joke now, im never using them again, never ever again, always gonna be Amazon from now on, its just such a joke that nearly everyone got it before me, yet i pre ordered for months and waiting without complaining at all, all i can do now is hope is comes tomorrow.

I ordered this game in September 2009 from Argos and it didn't arrive today. I emailed them and they said give it five days and them get back to them if I still don't have it. It's a joke. At this point I will just be happy if I get the game in the next week.

oh where oh where is the ups truck, oh where can you be? lol I live in a area with late home delivery. So see you guys around 6/7 pm.... :(

I ordered this game from Argos in September 2009 and I still haven't got it from them. They said today to call them in five days if I don't get it.

You think having 14 months to prepare they would have been able to make sure I got it on time. I guess not.

got mine from amazon!

148464_1470145639285_1402947049_31101283_1751286_n.jpg

I just canceled my CE pre-order through GameStop. The guy I spoke to last night said it would ship out today. As of an hour ago I didn't have a tracking number, so I called them again and it still hadn't gone out. :ouch:

I told the lady to cancel it.

Oh well, I got a $20 gift card out of it though for my trouble. :dopey:

Just looked up the tracking number on Fedex's website and it's been delivered!! :D

Come on 4 o' clock, hurry up so I can get off of work already.

Second time I cancelled my CE pre-order, first time the shop said it was coming in December, second time the shop didn't know where they should get it.

Opting for the regular version now, or the CE if I see it in the shops (which I doubt).

My CE edition and Standard edition is sitting on my front porch along with the prima game guide. Both amazon and gamestop came through. Only 2:30 hours to go.

NOw when do they send out out ticket for the bonus cars damnit.

Has anyone who is reporting successful delivery from Amazon UK used the standard free shipping? Guessing that as I only got the despatch email last night i might not see it for a couple of days :ill:

I do at least have the stealth car codes so i can umm look at them, and the UK Offical Playstation mag's total non-review.

I used the free shipping and got it today from Amazon UK, they haven't let me down on sending games on release day but they said the codes will be given out tomorrow, it's no problem though, here's the e-mail:

Dear Customer

We are writing with regards to your promotional code for your pre-order of ‘Gran Turismo 5’.

Unfortunately, due to a delay in receiving these codes which is beyond our control, we are unable to send them to you today as originally promised. We are working as quickly as possible to obtain these codes for you, and expect to send them to you tomorrow, 25th November 2010.

Please accept our sincere apology for the delay.

Thank you for using Amazon.co.uk.

Kind regards

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

I used the free shipping and got it today from Amazon UK, they haven't let me down on sending games on release day but they said the codes will be given out tomorrow, it's no problem though, here's the e-mail:

Dear Customer

We are writing with regards to your promotional code for your pre-order of ‘Gran Turismo 5’.

Unfortunately, due to a delay in receiving these codes which is beyond our control, we are unable to send them to you today as originally promised. We are working as quickly as possible to obtain these codes for you, and expect to send them to you tomorrow, 25th November 2010.

Please accept our sincere apology for the delay.

Thank you for using Amazon.co.uk.

Kind regards

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

That's weird, i got the codes email complete with full instructions on how to go to the PS Store and use them. But no game. You win.

If its been Dispatched it'll be in your Confirmation Email

Not with the free shipping option, at least not with mine, but i wouldn't expect that in fairness

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home and found the box of goodness on my doorstep. Installing now. Wooo!

img0265kr.jpg

That's weird, i got the codes email complete with full instructions on how to go to the PS Store and use them. But no game. You win.

Same here, though I paid for First Class delivery and it didn't arrive today despite it being dispatched at 8.30am UK time on 23rd.

Thanks Royal Mail! 👎

Unlucky, are you still going to pick up a copy from the Game store as you mentioned earlier or just go to to the London depot to pick it up or wait until tomorrow?

Are you at work, hence why you missed the delivery attempt or did they just make that up? Luckily it was my day off University today so I could be in to receive it.

(Quick note, can you get the regular Standard or Collectors edition so us slow guys can have a chance of winning the SLS AMG :sly: . Just joking, whoever wins the car deserves it as they have to be the best in the world of the owners of the GT5 Signature Edition.)

Hi mate,

Yep I had a half day, so I was home until 12pm and no dice, so I left for work. Parcel Force attempted delivery at 2pm and of course nobody was here to receive, so back it went. I picked up a Signatture Edition on the way home from a local GAME store, and they said it's fine to take the extra set to them for a full refund 👍

All the best
Maz

LMAO.. why do people keep posting pictures of the game etc?

Like the other guy said, we're all excited by the game blah blah but c'mon..

Just making yourself look very silly....

I hope everyone has got their copy now and is enjoying the game. Its been great following the ups and downs of this thread.

I know this isn't the right place for this but i don't have enough posts to start a new thread but is anyone having issues trying to get online with the game.

I take it you click the 'my lounge' flag in the GT Life section do you. I must admit i'm finding the menus a little confusing (must be going senile in my old age).

If i click it it just freezes for ages and then says unable to contact.

Cheers,

Craig.

Still no collectors edition from Amazon

Sadly this shopping experience has been the worsedone on my life.

The release of gt5 which I've waited for for 5 years and been through 2 ylod's waiting for has been brought to an anti climax by slacking amazon.

A complaint letter will be going in I can tell you , all ready cancelled all my other orders with them which came to the value of 1100 , unlucky amazon it will now be going in some one elses pocket

/rant over

:@(

Still no collectors edition from Amazon

Sadly this shopping experience has been the worsedone on my life.

The release of gt5 which I've waited for for 5 years and been through 2 ylod's waiting for has been brought to an anti climax by slacking amazon.

A complaint letter will be going in I can tell you , all ready cancelled all my other orders with them which came to the value of 1100 , unlucky amazon it will now be going in some one elses pocket

/rant over

:@(

Still waiting on play.com

Just hoping that the wife not being at home is the only reason I don't know it has been delivered.

Posted last Friday, it is now Thursday...

I ordered on the 19th of october, the ce got despatched on tuesday, I used standard delivery and was expecting it yesterday so I phoned amazon to find out what was happening because when I ordered it it said order now and choose free delivery guaranteed for release date .so they said they only guarantee if u pay for next day delivery so I won't be using amazon again I booked the day off aswell now I'm back at work and it's been delivered so in 7 hours I will be playing along as the train from Huddersfield to Leeds doesn't crash or breakdown or I fall of a ramp at work n get injured

This is not sounds promising...
If you guys in UK still haven't got your copy from play.com, when will i receive mine (i'm from Greece), at Christmas...?:nervous:
I know play.com is slow but i really wanted the CE.
I might rent it today until my copy arrives...

Still waiting on play.com

Just hoping that the wife not being at home is the only reason I don't know it has been delivered.

Posted last Friday, it is now Thursday...

Unlucky. It does say 3 to 5 days and the 5th day is Friday, after that though I'd start to get worried.
Can you not buy a copy from Tesco/Sainsburys/Asda/Wherever in the mean time and take your unopened Play copy back to that shop when it arrives?

Back