NASCAR Heat: Evolution

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 555 comments
To the people complaining about the car getting loose when you lift, thats realistic. You cant just lift off, you need to ease out of the throttle in corner entry. Its one of the few things that match the handling of todays cars.

Hmmm. Very strange differences in speed for these to be all done on Default.
I also noted between our games that even though we both played on default, and on a pad, and on the same difficulty, my ai was running much faster than hers. Kinda weird...

unbiased review,.... great game!!!

driving is great, ai is great, gets in your way sometimes but in reallife they would do that also!!
graphic wise nothing special,...
driving feels great with a wheel....
if you guys drive with a controller on simulation youre crazy,.. couldnt handle that, way too itchy, that mode is made for wheel users,..

online no idea,.. just drove some laps prepatch with controller,... and after patch with my wheel, and with a wheel it gets even 200% better.

unbiased review,.... great game!!!

driving is great, ai is great, gets in your way sometimes but in reallife they would do that also!!
graphic wise nothing special,...
driving feels great with a wheel....
if you guys drive with a controller on simulation youre crazy,.. couldnt handle that, way too itchy, that mode is made for wheel users,..

online no idea,.. just drove some laps prepatch with controller,... and after patch with my wheel, and with a wheel it gets even 200% better.

Didn't know you was into NASCAR man. You belong in the project cars and Assetto Corsa area of the forums:P

Didn't know you was into NASCAR man. You belong in the project cars and Assetto Corsa area of the forums:P

i know,,.....i am one of those europeans that "gets" it :dunce:

well gets it,...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

there is only one racing game i brought back to the store because how terrible it was, think it was called Baja for the ps3,.......

Last edited:
Starting off by immediately saying that this game is certainly not worth $60, including the DLC at the moment. While Dirt to Daytona was a great game back in 2002, it hasn't aged so well in an era with F1 2016, Dirt Rally, and others. It kinda sucks that for PS4 owners, this is your first shot at a NASCAR included title (Project CARS not counting because no circles.)
Let me start by saying that I am no stock car expert. I do road courses. Open wheel and GT cars are my thing, but with the game on full blast simulation mode and 105% AI, I should not be gapping the field in any game mode by 3 tenths to half a second a lap on an oval. But on default setup, on a DualShock 4 controller, I was doing just that, which gets depressing after a while because the AI look fun.
Career mode is not as great as I thought it would be. Four number options, which is frustrating. The driver customization tools are great for a game that only lets you see your driver in a menu or in victory lane. It seemed far too overdone for how little you actually saw your driver in motion without a helmet. The sounds of the game definitely aren't new. Most are completely unchanged from 2002, which made me cringe, and I for one have never really cared about how a racing game sounds. And it's literally impossible to spin out without being involved in the Big One anywhere, which is just upsetting. You're kinda just stuck in a quantum state of half-hooning, half-racing and the switch flips rather quickly if you screw something up. With ETX titles, we all complained about the AI, but now we have to complain about everything but the AI. ETX-1 DMR-0
Online...oh boy. This was where I was glad I was playing on an empty stomach. Netcode is actually comparable to what GT6 was like before course maker came out, which is respectable given the 40 car thing. But...no options, no tuning, and that fixture where if you spin and fall behind then get warped back to the pack...I'd be okay with 20 cars and at least ETX's options for online. It gets very disorienting very quickly, and that's not good for a game type that really has one objective. But, as I said, the netcode is fantastic if you are used to current GT6 standards, Project CARS, or McDonald's internet. It's easily comparable to F1 2016 with how smooth the connection between players can be. It's literally the only positive thing about the online portion, but it's the biggest positive to have. ETX-1 DMR-1
Other things I found about the game...the game has a GT sense of damage apparently. I never really saw any visual damage on the cars, but mechanical damage was crazy sensitive. The tracks also feel kinda neutered. Tracks aren't really as bumpy as they are in real life, on a G29 or a controller. It's surprisingly smooth everywhere. I don't need to go over the fact that most of the venues are initially locked in the non-Career modes. We all know it's stupid.
In all, if this game was a $30-$40 game including DLC instead of a $60 game plus $20-$30 for DLC, I'd be okay. I wouldn't ever recommend it, but I wouldn't be in a state of hysterical laughing and crying. For those that are willing to pay $90 for this game, please get your head checked immediately. There are some things that could get patched in a future update, like the ping pong-like controls on DS4, or the AI being really slow. But the game isn't ever going to be worth the initial $60, so wait for it to go on sale for about 40-50% off. Save your money and hopefully wait until after a couple of months have passed.

My honest review, played with both arcade and sim physics.

Yes, on sim physics it is slightly better than arcade, with controllable lift off oversteer. But it's still terrible. The damage system is shocking, with the only good point being the long pit stops if you get heavy damage. But you can't tell. AI is better than Eutechnyx zombie but still quite stupid. Sounds are straight up PS2 standard and the UI is so bare it's laughable.

a few thoughts after playing he game for a few hours

AI is better than anything eutchenyx came up with.

AI still has some pitting problems. I would say about 50% of green flag pitstops have resulted in yellows so far. And the AI pit entry on some tracks is terrible. At atlanta for example, they pull down on the apron at the beginning of turn 3 when they are about to pit

the ai rubberbanding in career mode is atrocious. while it can make for an occasional good battle with an AI car, it just feels so scripted that it cheapens the experience for me.

Example: I was racing at las vegas in my first year and no upgrades and running about 20th on hard difficulty (which is where I seem to finish every race). Almirola was gaining on me at about half a second a lap until he was right on my bumper (clearly had a much much faster car). Then the rubberbanding kicked in and he slowed down to my lap times. So we battled back and forth for a good 5 laps until i had to pit.

some other things that are driving me nuts
-no fuel/tire indicator on the hud (unless i'm missing something)
-no track map
-inability to customize controls. I want to be able to use the right stick for acceleration and brake instead of destroying my R2 button
-can't adjust auto brake and traction control on arcade or simulation

All in all a pretty mediocre game. Definitley would not pay more than $30 on this game

AI still has some pitting problems. I would say about 50% of green flag pitstops have resulted in yellows so far. And the AI pit entry on some tracks is terrible. At atlanta for example, they pull down on the apron at the beginning of turn 3 when they are about to pit

the ai rubberbanding in career mode is atrocious. while it can make for an occasional good battle with an AI car, it just feels so scripted that it cheapens the experience for me.

Example: I was racing at las vegas in my first year and no upgrades and running about 20th on hard difficulty (which is where I seem to finish every race). Almirola was gaining on me at about half a second a lap until he was right on my bumper (clearly had a much much faster car). Then the rubberbanding kicked in and he slowed down to my lap times. So we battled back and forth for a good 5 laps until i had to pit.

-no track map
-inability to customize controls. I want to be able to use the right stick for acceleration and brake instead of destroying my R2 button

All in all a pretty mediocre game. Definitley would not pay more than $30 on this game
Auto brake and traction control in Nascar? Yeah ok. So I told you to save your $30.

-no track map

You can toggle the fuel/tire indicator by pressing circle....if you on ps4 that is.

I know the selling price but is this a $60 game or a $30 game to those who bought it? I don't want to pay AAA title price if it's lower quality.

i already played it more than F1,.......... soo it did cost me 70 dollars at least (65 Euros),....
love the close racing,... for people that can afford it and love Nascar/ close racing ; Buy it!!

Back