• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 478 comments

Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
Too you it is hey it's boring to me too, but still it's variety which is hard to come by these days.

If you don't like it don't race it.

Some historic stock cars PD could add. They would be very useful because with a livery editor you could create an entire fleet of stock cars based off of one model to build a championship around. That way you dont have to worry about one of these cars not having an equal anywhere to race against.

#3 Chevrolet Monte Carlo '98 (Dale Earnhardt)

1044629_article_img_large1.jpg

#28 Ford Thunderbird '87 (Davey Allison)

87a17-vi.jpg

#21 Mercury Cyclone '71 (David Pearson)

21Purolator1973ref3-vi.jpg

#66 Ford Galaxie '67 (Jim Clark)
1967-nascar-5.jpg

Problem with that is PD only models cars they have access to in real life, and those are probably in the US and with different owners.

Some historic stock cars PD could add. They would be very useful because with a livery editor you could create an entire fleet of stock cars based off of one model to build a championship around. That way you dont have to worry about one of these cars not having an equal anywhere to race against.

Precisely. PD could even make the cars into something more like a generic PD-branded car, like they did with the F1 cars of GT yore, or the karts from GT5. A GT '60s NASCAR body, then '70s, and so on. Then players just cut loose with the livery editor.

It helps get around licensing expenses, means fewer cars to model, and leaves more time for modeling unique cars.

Zuku
Too you it is hey it's boring to me too, but still it's variety which is hard to come by these days.

If you don't like it don't race it.

I totally agree. I don't find NASCAR very interesting (F1 is more my speed), but I'm for variety. I wouldn't mind them making a return, so long as we aren't forced into using them.

NASCAR is entertaining, and requires a whole different set of skills from say LMP races.

I'd say use the license, get a NASCAR championship as an A Spec event, with one's for other series.

Hell Yeah I Want Nascar I Love It And From someone who Is A Nascar Junkie It Is What I Spend 95 Percent Of My Time Doing On Gt5 Its The Best Nascar Game Ive Ever Played

Sorry, No NASCAR in GT6 please. There are separate games for this series for all the ones who like it.

I too would love to see some older stock cars, like from the mid-90's or so, but that's just a wish.

Other than that we need to see many more ovals and the road courses they use, and then it needs to be way more realistic in general (Get rid of the crazy draft, restrictor plates on Daytona and Talladega, realistic suspension setups, flag rules etc etc.)

The cars are already modeled. I see no reason to let that work go to waste by leaving NASCAR out. So yeah, bring them to GT6.

Also, the poll options could be better. I don't love NASCAR but I don't mind it being in a GT game.

The cars are already modeled. I see no reason to let that work go to waste by leaving NASCAR out. So yeah, bring them to GT6.
The old cars, yes. They need to bring the new 2013 models though.

The rule changes for 2013 has made them look much closer to the original production model. 👍

AR-120319982.jpg

Bring back NASCAR & add a few more tracks. (Talladega, Bristol, Infineon, Watkens Glen)

Oh, and a few historic NASCAR cars would be awesome... but it seems unlikely.

No nascar's I only want GT6 to have road going cars no nascar's formulas gt500 gt300 karts or anything else like that I just want street cars PLEASE.

No nascar's I only want GT6 to have road going cars no nascar's formulas gt500 gt300 karts or anything else like that I just want street cars PLEASE.

I have a feeling you're really going to be disappointed.

Nascar in GT6 ? why not , do it =) . I just hope they put more tracks . and Nascar rules like in real life with cautions and other stuff .

Last edited:
Nascar in GT5 produces some great league racing. The unrealistic speed and grip is easy to fix with the engine limiter and harder tires. Headsets give the ability to implement a caution flag procedure. What I would like to see in GT6 that would make Nascar better are the same simple improvements that we need for road racing cars as well. More realistic draft, better host controls, more control of pit stop options etc. A few more tracks would help a great deal as would more cars or at least the ability to change the livery.

Why on Earth?

Anyway, there's no reason to exclude it. Cars, tracks or both have a place in GT. I don't get why people are saying we need NASCAR tracks or events to use them. I find the cars more interesting than the other stuff and there is nothing stopping you from just using them on any track. In fact every NASCAR race I've ever hosted in GT5 has been on a road course, never on an oval.

One of the most fun races I've ever had was with NASCAR vehicles at the full 24H layout of the 'Ring on Comfort Mediums. If that doesn't teach you throttle control, nothing will!

I agree that there's no reason to take them out, and they deserve inclusion. Though I do think we need asymmetrical tuning to really get a better idea of what they're all about.

One of the most fun races I've ever had was with NASCAR vehicles at the full 24H layout of the 'Ring on Comfort Mediums. If that doesn't teach you throttle control, nothing will!

I agree that there's no reason to take them out, and they deserve inclusion. Though I do think we need asymmetrical tuning to really get a better idea of what they're all about.

2013 regulations removed that aspect of tuning from NASCAR. They don't run the "crabbing" tuning setups anymore.

When Toronado quoted this, I saw it and thought "what? My kart goes on a trailer on the road." It's a road going vehicle, it just doesn't go under its own power on the road, it goes on a trailer.

Get rid of karts from GT5, and there will be pain. :grumpy: :yuck: :guilty: :indiff: :ouch: 👎👎👎👎👎

Give me a Daytona 500 endurance race and ill be all set, plus some historic NASCAR cars.

Woohoo 100th post

Last edited:
NASCAR should be in the next game, but with improved physics. The car doesn't feel as heavy as it should be in GT5, and restrictor plates should be implemented on tracks that use them. Besides, there hasn't been a good NASCAR game for the consoles in a while.

Normally I do not care much for racing Nascar but I have to admit that I had more fun racing Nascars around Daytona on GT5 than any game using a Nascar. I would like to see them in GT6 and if they are to be there would like to see a few more offical Nascar tracks to go with them.

Back