• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 478 comments

Should every NASCAR be in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 157 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 132 45.7%

• Total voters
Now that there are no new NASCAR video games being made (at least no good ones) I think every NASCAR driver and car should be added to GT6. Also add a few more NASCAR tracks and a few classic NASCARs too.

No... just no. There's barely any ovals, and 1% of the people actually use them. And when they do it's "Dirty Nascar" BS wreckfest rooms. They might as well have added fake Budweiser you can throw at your fake wife to knock her fake teeth out right before you push her down your fake stairs....

How about focusing on adding better racing cars, FIA GTx, DTM, V8 Supercars, IndyCar. You know, real race cars.

Last edited:
No... just no. There's barely any ovals, and 1% of the people actually use them. And when they do it's "Dirty Nascar" BS wreckfest rooms. They might as well have added fake Budweiser you can throw at your fake wife to knock her fake teeth out right before you push her down your fake stairs....

How about focusing on adding better racing cars, FIA GTx, DTM, V8 Supercars, IndyCar. You know, real race cars.

I understand how you feel, but that's not a reason to not include more Nascar in the game and there's no reason we can't have all of that and more. It's a matter of assinging resources to certain priorities. If PD had some kind of driver ranking system you could easily filter out the yo-yo's and avoid that kind of stupidity online when you want to. As it is, the really good and careful drivers are driven out of the game because Sony/PD want the game to be all inclusive, even if it means driving out the good people. That's a solvable problem that lands on PD's lap and has nothing to do with what kind of cars are in the game. There is lots of carnage in road racing rooms as you well know.

So if there should be every NASCAR in GT6, then surely there must be every single car that competes in the D1GP in GT6 aswell? Surely?

They don't need anything extra or less, just make use of NASCAR because they did next to nothing with it.

I didn't touch NASCAR but I might of if I knew there was some sort of career to go with it.

I've been a NASCAR (as well as most other motorsports) fan for a LONG time. I've owned SEVERAL NASCAR titles on several systems, I've done the whole NASCAR Career thing.

I like having NASCAR cup cars in GT and I don't desire running them on the NASCAR circuit tracks.

I LIKE putting them through their paces on other tracks, Spa, London City... etc

Great fun.

And here's the flip side...
So if there should be every NASCAR in GT6, then surely there must be every single car that competes in the D1GP in GT6 aswell? Surely?

I'd rather see GT remove ALL liveries from ALL real life series and sanctioning bodies than to try and please EVERYONE.

PS... not all NASCAR cup teams were represented in GT, there are actually privateer teams in that series to this day. They don't get to compete much, due to lame NASCAR provisional spots rules, but they exist.

hahahaha...
Your laugh of the day brought to you by; LVracerGT:tup:

-
So, are you trying to say dirty driving isn't a skill?

Well Ill just say this: more people level 35 + win dirty racing than under and fyi the only time i ever have seen a driver who has been in the top 10 of multiple time trials (doodlemonopoly) in a dirty room, he won every race he was in easily with boost on strong.

Back on subject.... If PD wants to they could easily make GT6 the best NASCAR game out as wel as the best racing game in general.

Well Ill just say this: more people level 35 + win dirty racing than under and fyi the only time i ever have seen a driver who has been in the top 10 of multiple time trials (doodlemonopoly) in a dirty room, he won every race he was in easily with boost on strong.

*facepalm* >.<

Dirty room with boost on strong = fail, might as well be playing a destruction derby game, and your level has nothing to do with how good of a driver you are. It's how much you race.

Back on subject.... If PD wants to they could easily make GT6 the best NASCAR game out as wel as the best racing game in general.

GT is not a nascar game and I would bet all the money in my bank account they don't want to be.

Yes I agree, I think it would work to have at least 1 car from every decade of NASCAR but that would probably be in DLC.

I think they should just add the popular drivers & maybe some historical drivers. PD was really trolling us when they added 11 NASCARs to GT5 but the minimum # of cars in the NASCAR series was 12. I doubt they'll add any drivers that are sponsored by alcahol, succh as Brad Keselowski. Even in NASCAR Inside Line, they replaced the Miller Lite sponsors with The Blue Deuce (Keselowski's nickname) But there are plenty of other drivers that are not sponsored by alcahol, such as Danica Patrick. As for historical drivers, they should add:

1970 Plymouth Superbird driven by Richard Petty
1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Dale Earnhardt (Same car he won his first & only Daytona 500 with)
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo NASCAR driven by Dale Earnhardt (#3 Wrangler Livery)
1987 Ford Thunderbird driven by Bill Elliot (Set record speed of 212.809 MPH during qualifying run)
1962 Pontiac Catalina driven by Fireball Roberts (Daytona 500 winning car)
1969 Ford Torino driven by Richard Petty (His only year with Ford
1979 Oldsmobile 442 driven by Donnie Allison (The famous Daytona 500 fight)

As for tracks, I think the only reason Indianapolis & daytona were included was because both tracks feature motorsports other than NASCAR. Indianapolis is used by Indy Car for the 500 & The road course at Daytona is used for the Rolex 24h at Daytona (Although I think the bus stop chicane isn't correct for the current race) But if GT6 is going to become more NASCAR oriented, they should include:

Talladega Superspeedway
Pocono
Infineon (all 3 layouts)
Watkins Glen (Both layouts)
Bristol (Day & Night)
Martinsville
Richmond (Day & Night)
Darlington
Homestead-Miami

Another reason nascar needs to be left out of GT6 is they weren't even realistic in GT5. Nascar doesn't do 230 by themselves or in the draft. They don't handle well on road and street courses and they're not stable. They do about 200 tops handle like poo on road courses and slide around on oval. You have to run comfort medium tires to get any sort of realism out of them.

Nascar needs to be forgotten about, and include race cars real racers care about done the right way.

Another reason nascar needs to be left out of GT6 is they weren't even realistic in GT5. Nascar doesn't do 230 by themselves or in the draft. They don't handle well on road and street courses and they're not stable. They do about 200 tops handle like poo on road courses and slide around on oval. You have to run comfort medium tires to get any sort of realism out of them.

Nascar needs to be forgotten about, and include race cars real racers care about done the right way.

You opine as if you have had some cup car seat time.

Then GT6 can add restrictor plates to NASCARs on 2.5 mile or longer ovals (as in real life) and GT6 should really add BACK Infinion it was in GT4. I don't know why it wasn't in GT5.

Then GT6 can add restrictor plates to NASCARs on 2.5 mile or longer ovals (as in real life)

I'm being suffocated by insane requests! Somebody help me!

GT is NOT a NASCAR game. Just because it has a few NASCARs in it doesn't make it anything like a NASCAR game, I'm amazed by some of these requests. If you want a NASCAR game with Restrictor plates and such, there's a very good new game out called NASCAR the game: Inside Line.

Adding restrictor plates would be pointless. The only track they'd be used on is Daytona and technically SSRX. You really want them to model a restrictor plate and set it up to work like you said, JUST for Daytona? They only use it on 2 tracks in real life, and I doubt Talladega is about to be in GT6.

A better solution would be to use the power limiter already included in the game to replicate the restrictor plate. Then, if somebody doesn't want to drive around Daytona with only half power, they don't have to.

I'm just saying it would not be hard for GT6 to have more NASCARs just change the paint schemes. Or they could add a base NASCAR of each manufacturer and you can paint it how you want (If there is paint editor in GT6),

We don't need MORE. There are plenty of other areas of motorsport not as well represented as NASCAR already is.

Then GT can be like the old Race Driver games and add everything from lawn mowers to monster trucks. Now they will not do that but it would be fun.

200 tops? You're not very familiar with NASCAR, are you? Give the cars running room and they'll blow right past 200. The pole speed at Michigan International Speedway last June was 203 MPH AVERAGE. Drivers were hitting 215 on corner entry.

Daytona is a bigger track than Michigan with a lot more banking for cars to lean on. Naturally speeds will be higher. In reality, NASCAR slows the cars down at Daytona with restrictor plates, which cuts the horsepower in roughly half. Unrestricted(like in GT5), they would indeed hit 225-230 by themselves, as proven in test sessions.

I think NASCAR has a place in Gran Turismo. "real race cars and real racers"? Sounds like your saying us NASCAR fans aren't "real" racers. For someone that doesn't seem very literate on the matter, that's a bit narrow-minded and snobby.

I'm not asking for every single car and track, but if GT5 is the maximum effort PD is putting into NASCAR, they might as well do away with it.

Last edited:
Back