NASCAR Special Event

  • Thread starter Thread starter toyota_gt1
  • 31 comments
  • 4,168 views

toyota_gt1

(Banned)
Messages
876
Messages
XxViPeRxX24
Messages
XxViPeRxX24
Advanced. The first one, with the pit stop. Anyone beat it?
 
I got a bronze but the last race of it is the one you'll have plenty of difficulty with coz i cant do it for (Insert Expletive)
 
Best I've got is 2nd. I tried coming out easy and falling back to about 7th, didn't work. Came out of the pits like and idiot and instantly turned up. Carl Edwards punted me. Came out 3rd, didn't work. Not sure how I can do this.
 
question, are the nascar races just special events or are they in a-spec to?
 
I would say trial and error but frankly Nascar does my head in at the best of times so ive no idea what to suggest maybe try to cause a pile up or something haha
 
its easy. i did it first time. just make sure you keep the slipstream and you should blast past them all :)
 
Anyone able to share videos of the first and third event? I can't gold them.
 
Cant even bronze the last one? That lowes car seems to just launch away when i do slipstream up to them its to late to get into a top position


Just got bronze
 
Last edited:
Havnt got there yet. So, if they have a pitstop challenge, does that mean pit road is free drive later on, and not automation?
 
Everything is automated, at least in the Nascar Special Event. I have no idea about A-Spec.

And seriously, who designed these events? Did someone really think I want to wait 30 seconds every single time I retry the first event?
 
:lol:

Reference: Gran Turismo IV - Mission 34. Then see if 30 seconds is so bad.

Jerome
 
:lol:

Reference: Gran Turismo IV - Mission 34. Then see if 30 seconds is so bad.

Jerome

Any event past Mission 26 in GT4 makes 30 seconds a welcome rest.
 
Mission 1 - "Pit Stop"

Wait until you get to about 3rd gear and the field isn't zipping past you dangerously. Slowly move your way up about 3/4 of your way down the short stretch there and if you do it right, 7th place on back should yield to you but the front group will still take off. FIRST THING you want to do is open your quick tune menu and turn off ASM. That kills a lot of speed in the corner that it doesn't need to kill. If you have problem controlling the tire spin, keep TCS on until you reach about 3rd gear, as above, and then turn it off quickly. ASM and TCS both scrub speed that you can hold through the turns. From there, it's all about getting the slip stream. The A.I.s break going into the corners if they're going too fast, so that's a golden opportunity for you to blow past them, as you don't need to slow near as much, if at all.


Mission 2 - "Indianapolis GWC"

Again, Slip Stream is your friend. ASM and TCS will cause you nothing but issues - you're going fast enough through these corners that you shouldn't need either. You don't need to hit the breaks hard going into the corners either - you should be able to cruise around them doing 170-180mph (270-290k/h), minimum. Tapping the brake and keeping about 25% throttle or less to maintain some momentum will be enough. Once you get the lead, keep an eye behind you to make sure they don't try to sneak past you on a straight, but for the most part, you can take off going into the corners.


Mission 3 - "Daytona GWC"

Same as above, minus the part about breaking. Also, make sure your ASM is off, and you should be high enough in speed already that TCS can be turned off with no problems as well. The A.I.s will brake going into the corner if they're doing more than 215mph (345k/h). Slip Stream behind them on the straights and dive low (or high, if the lane is wide open) going into the corners, but keep the gas floored - your car can handle it. If the next group of cars seems to have pulled away, suck up to the back of another car and push it (not slam it). Both you and the car your pushing will go faster without losing the draft, and you'll both catch the group. Just remember that the car you're pushing will brake going into the corners, so break away at that point.


The challenges really aren't that hard - course, I'm saying that as an American who kept buying the NASCAR games, so I at least know how the cars handle. Slip Stream and knowing that you're driving a near 2-ton brick at 220mph and treating it with the appropriate respect are what's key to winning with NASCAR. Course, a little luck doesn't hurt either.
 
I swear the Intermediate events are impossible with a controller anyway so they can stuff NASCAR where the sun doesn't shine.
 
I swear the Intermediate events are impossible with a controller anyway so they can stuff NASCAR where the sun doesn't shine.


I've just golded all of them with a controller ,it's not easy but it is possible.
 

ASM can't be turned off...

EDIT: Second and third event done (Gold)...

EDIT2: I just finished the first event with Gold now. It was pretty easy after getting the hang of it, actually. Thank you third event, lol.

:lol:

Reference: Gran Turismo IV - Mission 34. Then see if 30 seconds is so bad.

Jerome

Haha. I haven't played GT4, but I have seen that Mission on YouTube. :P
 
Last edited:
Any tips on the 3rd intermediate nascar event? My best is 13.303 and that was like 2 days ago...grrr....darn them darn cones and the wall! lol Oh yea i'm using a controller...any specific settings will be great. Thanks in advance! I'm continuing to search around on here for any other info on it.
 
Whatever you do, just disable ABS. Don't ask me why, but if it's on (even on 1) it slows you down.
 
Turn off ABS in all the events, which in turn shuts of the ASM (this has been mentioned elsewhere). These are pretty easy after you do that.
 
Mission 1 - "Pit Stop"

Wait until you get to about 3rd gear and the field isn't zipping past you dangerously. Slowly move your way up about 3/4 of your way down the short stretch there and if you do it right, 7th place on back should yield to you but the front group will still take off. FIRST THING you want to do is open your quick tune menu and turn off ASM. That kills a lot of speed in the corner that it doesn't need to kill. If you have problem controlling the tire spin, keep TCS on until you reach about 3rd gear, as above, and then turn it off quickly. ASM and TCS both scrub speed that you can hold through the turns. From there, it's all about getting the slip stream. The A.I.s break going into the corners if they're going too fast, so that's a golden opportunity for you to blow past them, as you don't need to slow near as much, if at all.

How does one open the "quick tune menu"? I'm on G27.

thanks,
Dotini
 
It might sound crazy but turning ABS to zero = easy gold. Just try it, you'll be surprised.
 
In the first advanced mission, I found it easiest to swerve right into traffic as soon as I got control of the car. Then someone else would punt me from behind and help me get up to speed. Odd that it didn't disqualify me, but whatever.
 
I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I got a time of 13.181 on the 3rd event! whew wee!!!!! I turned off all the aids, stayed in the middle of the cones and wall for about half way around, and then I focused on just staying close the cones and forgot about the wall! That helped alot!!! Started getting silvers then! Somehow Gold popped up...lol Yay! Thanks for the tips ya'll!
 
I got really frustrated doing all the NASCAR specials but eventually got the hang of it. Turning off the ABS is a good tip.
While I was trying for these and failing, if it wasn't going well I'd just slam it into the wall to do a qick restart.:eek: One time I did this and the car completely flipped and ended up on it's roof. Next thing I knew the Rollover trophy message popped up.:) Excellent, I had been looking out for that one but didn't fancy doing it in a race.:sly:
 
It might sound crazy but turning ABS to zero = easy gold. Just try it, you'll be surprised.

Absolutely right! I got all golds last night and it was super easy.
 
This is probably a bug in the game! ASM in real life depends on the data it recorded from the abs sensors, so it is logical thatbwithout those sensors it cannot function.

But since PD does not allow you to disable ASM for these races I think we are exploiting a bug by turning it off by disabling ABS.
 
Turn off ABS in all the events, which in turn shuts of the ASM (this has been mentioned elsewhere). These are pretty easy after you do that.

This was the trick for me. As soon as I could avoid getting disqualified because of other drivers cutting into my line, I was able to win them all. You can plenty of power after cutting off this setting.
 
On the pit stop challenge, as soon as I could take control of the car coming out of the pits, I turned in front of everyone as fast as possible! (got punted up to speed with the other cars almost IMMEDIATELY) Surprisingly, it did not fail me and I managed 2nd in the first turn so drafting was easy after that.
 
It might sound crazy but turning ABS to zero = easy gold. Just try it, you'll be surprised.

oomg, i was so frustrated because of the stupid asm slowing me down, best i could finish was 2nd on the one where you have to come out of the pits. 1st try with abs off and i get 1st easily. 👍

TURN OFF ABS everyone!
 
Back