NBA 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,141 comments
Dallas can do this. They have to use this win to their momentum, & keep the pressure on Wade the next game b/c he is going to use the Miami homecourt to his advantage.

I'd give credit to James for looking like he finally came out tonight, but the last 2 games don't deserve this. Wade is doing everything James should be doing.

Looks like your professor just lost a bet. The bet was for 30, and LBJ had 17. And my Rockets don't stink; we just had a crappy 2010-2011 season. Of course, not like we were expected much out of. About as much as nothing's expected of my boys with Kevin McHale as the new coach.

Anyhow, LeBron got 17 as Dallas was just too tough, especially late. Bring it back to Miami. Dallas up 3-2 with Game 6 on Sunday.

At least at home we'll be able to get a fair game called. This 2-3-2 format totally blows. It should be 2-2-1-1-1 like all the other stages of the playoffs.

That seems bizzare to change the format like that. The NHL playoffs are always 2-2-1-1-1, I couldn't imagine seeing my team play three straight on the road.

At least at home we'll be able to get a fair game called. This 2-3-2 format totally blows. It should be 2-2-1-1-1 like all the other stages of the playoffs.
Oh be quiet. You guys have Danny Crawford licking Miami's nuts like a stray dog. You guys have the biggest actors in the NBA, hell you adopted the biggest this year.
lebron-flop.gif

Oh be quiet. You guys have Danny Crawford licking Miami's nuts like a stray dog. You guys have the biggest actors in the NBA, hell you adopted the biggest this year.
lebron-flop.gif

Dallas doesn't have to act. I swear Tyson Chandler has paid off the refs. Every time Haslem beats him for a board, its a foul. Shady officiating is still shady.

Dallas doesn't have to act. I swear Tyson Chandler has paid off the refs. Every time Haslem beats him for a board, its a foul. Shady officiating is still shady.
Of all the players, you think Chandler? LOL, you obviously did not watch Game 3. He got called for everything he did do & more when Wade & James drove to the basket. :lol:

I haven't followed the series, not really, but as a casual observer, and as someone rooting for the Mavs, Mavs are getting the games called in their favor, at least from the little I have observed.

Don't get me wrong though, I haven't seen any trend in calls that is deciding the series by any means. I am the HATER of the NBA officiating, and think David Stern is the Satan. Even from my perspective, officiating is fair enough to let the teams actually decide the outcome of the series.

lebron-flop.gif

Strong acting there, but that was from game 4. At least in Miami the refs call what actually happens instead of calling bs for Dallas and blowing make-up calls for Lebron's Oscar-winning performances.

Strong acting there, but that was from game 4. At least in Miami the refs call what actually happens instead of calling bs for Dallas and blowing make-up calls for Lebron's Oscar-winning performances.
Oh please. Like I said, you have Danny Crawford brown nosing Miami like nothing.

There is no way to blame the refs without admitting Crawford's favoritism towards Miami as well. :rolleyes:

That's what I'm saying though. The whole series in Dallas has been make-up calls for bad reffing.

That's what I'm saying though. The whole series in Dallas has been make-up calls for bad reffing.
Then you weren't watching Game 3. Chandler was called for a few fouls he shouldn't have been just because of Wade's amazing acting.

And game 4 was bad calls of Haslem because of the last game's bad calls on Chandler.

And game 4 was bad calls of Haslem because of the last game's bad calls on Chandler.
Oh you mean just like the 3 fouls on Dirk, & 4 on Stevenson for "touching" LeBron "I take acting notes from Wade" James? Or the missed fouls that Miami drew on Dirk, but weren't called?
Don't tell me Dallas is going to get the blame to for favoritism when LeBron misses easy lay-ups as well.

Please. Enough with this.

You're the one crying foul on the refs. favoring the Mavs because the last game favored Miami when in reality, it's been Miami-biased all along because Wade is such a baby at acting & obviously, so is LeBron. These 2 know what the refs look for & take advantage of it. There is a big reason Wade won't comment about his "injuries" & why he and James always rush to the refs for some stupid ass foul that didn't exist. There's already enough .gifs around showing these 2 playing the sympathy game.

Dirk,if anyone, is the one getting fouled repeatedly & never getting called. But seeing as he's actually a good sport, he doesn't go running to the ref. Neither does our coach unlike Spoelstra.

The real reason you guys lose is because you have that choked up James on your team. Do yourselves a favor; send him back to Cleveland.

Mac, I am sorry:

markcubanwhattbi.jpg

But seriously, he is the biggest name in the game that you guys are talking about. :P

Mac, I am sorry:

markcubanwhattbi.jpg

But seriously, he is the biggest name in the game that you guys are talking about. :P
He hasn't said a word this series, though. He's kept his mouth shut the entire playoffs, so I'm not seeing anything to be thrown his way.

Rooting for the Mavs.
Only because I dont think its a right that a team can just buy the best players (opinion) and win the championship.

What are you, a communist? We didn't buy LeBron. He came here to play with Wade at a reduced salary. Just because Pat Riley is a pimp doesn't mean Mickey just buys success. We're not the Yankees.

Omnis
What are you, a communist? We didn't buy LeBron. He came here to play with Wade at a reduced salary. Just because Pat Riley is a pimp doesn't mean Mickey just buys success. We're not the Yankees.

My mistake. Still doesn't change the fact that you have them. And the mavs are beating them.

The officiating is bad on both ends of the spectrum, the Heat are getting acting calls and the Mavs are getting make up calls. I've been saying it all playoffs. Its like the refs can't make up there mind if they want to let them play or call it tight.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that this bad officiating is tied to the new no reaction rule, but I just be talking.

The officiating is bad on both ends of the spectrum, the Heat are getting acting calls and the Mavs are getting make up calls. I've been saying it all playoffs. Its like the refs can't make up there mind if they want to let them play or call it tight.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that this bad officiating is tied to the new no reaction rule, but I just be talking.
It's the NBA. It doesn't matter what's going on. Superstar players can get away with murder on a game deciding play. Inconsistent doesn't begin to describe the NBA officiating. It can go from touch fouls getting called one minute to no blood no foul the next.

My biggest beef regarding the NBA officiating is the "benefit of doubt" calls. Refs have admitted giving certain players benefit of the doubt, because when in doubt, the call should go to a player of higher stature. Yes, they just admitted a major bias.

I don't know what McLaren's complaining about. Don't you remember 2006 Finals? Dallas fans should be doing the happy dance when it comes to officiating in this year's finals. ;)

Back