NBA 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,141 comments
Well Bosh just got on his knees and pounded the floor. It's not like he turned into a hysterical girl. Haters gonna hate though. We'll win it next year after Bibby retires. Look, the Hawks were garbage, then they got rid of Bibby and made the playoffs. We got Bibby and Lebron James started doing cartoons, commercials, and took a Sheet on the floor.

Big Z will retire as well and you might get someone who can actually defend a 7-footer, which Bosh can only do 40% of the time.:(

Did someone forget to pay the natural gas bill? Because the Heat got shut off. :lol:
Mavs turned on the air conditioner and drove the Heat out!

I've been meaning to find this forum here on this site but (blame it on age and beer) keep forgetting to do so. Well (despite age and being full of beer right now) tonight I remember. Would have been nice to discuss as it was all going down with you guys. BUT... I'm SOOO glad the Mavs pulled this out. In my 40 plus years of watching the NBA Finals this is the only time I can say I saw a team CLEARLY play two squads to win it all with One superstar and bubble gum, string and sticks. The officiating was deplorable, in my opinion, the opposition had a stacked deck with Wade, Lebron and Bosh and yet these guys pulled it out and won. And didn't need a game 7 to get it done. I can't stand Dallas. NY Giants fan so I hate the Cowboys, only one thing in Texas I love, that's personal and non-sports related and ironic at that, but other than that CAN'T STAND the state yet I was rooting for Dallas (once my Knicks got knocked out) all the way.

I know the league hates Cuban but come on. WTF was this stuff going on? The officiating was a disgrace to the game. There were some points were it was looking like ......
tim-donaghy-gamblingcopy-1.jpg
yet the Mavs got it done. Congrats to the Mavericks and Cuban for getting theirs. Next season I'm gonna have NO LOVE for you but for now I tip my hat to those guys. They really did go through hell and back again to win it all.
Congratulations Dallas Mavericks, enjoy the victory because yours is uniquely sweeter than most. Congrats.

I've been waiting 25 years for this moment and it tastes sweeter than anything. Words cannot describe what this means to me personally, just remembering the late 80's and most of the 90's futility. But I still paid my money for tickets and still watched them on TV with much love and hope. Even after the '06 debacle, the Golden State meltdown and even the game against the Blazers where Brandon Roy had a time machine visit to win I still had hope. Sometimes desire and heart speak more than talent and trash talk/childish antics.

Cuban is a class act, letting Don Carter up there and to have the trophy given to him by Stern was an absolutely class thing to do.

My final thoughts on the Heat are, grow the F up you crybabies and actually work on your game with your teammates involved and not your self inflated egos. Do you know who I saw play the hardest in this series for the Heat? Bosh. Who did I see take more important shots in the 4th Q? Mostly Bosh. Who did I see with the sense of urgency to win? Mostly Bosh. The way I see it the Bosh deal was the better deal for Miami than LeBrick James. So, Miami (aka LeBrick and Wade), stop focusing on those "highlight" dunks and actually start rotating on offense and get your teammates involved. This is a team game, not a 3 player + scrubs game. Watch out Miami, if Chicago gets a good quality scorer to partner with Rose your championship runs will be most difficult if not impossible.

Said my piece, I'm out. Cheers. :D

I disagree JCE. During the entire series, I was hoping they never got it figured out. :D

Congrats on your team winning man. I have talked so much crap about them in the past, but they came back & proved the doubters wrong. They played some great ball. 👍

Still think they brought in some carnies from Texas to install the hoops. LeBron and Wade did fine except for turnovers and free throws. If they would've made their season average FT%, they would've won the game.

JCE
Cuban is a class act, letting Don Carter up there and to have the trophy given to him by Stern was an absolutely class thing to do.

I think 20 years from now we'll hear about how Cuban so despised Stern that he didn't even want to take the trophy from him or how Stern suggested it cause he didn't want to have any personal interaction with Cuban and Cuban went with it cause had word got out it was suggested and Cuban said "Hell no" it would make him look like trash or something around those scenarios.

You GOTTA know Cuban is still steaming about the officiating. It might have went like Cuban wanted the sweat mop boy to take it, then make a speech about how everyone in the organization counts but sorta dissing Stern, then Stern suggested the old owners or maybe Cuban's PR guy (I'd hate to be him, lol) suggested it.

I'm glad Dirk finally gets a ring and the respect that's long overdue. Also glad that Kidd has finally got one, Marion too, although they're not quite the players they once were.

It will be interesting to see what pieces are added to Miami before next season... I suspect they're not done... not nearly...

Pat Riley will work the pimp magic and Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, and Reggie Miller will be Heat players next season.

Has anyone seen this Bismack Biyombo draft prospect in action at the 2011 Nike Hoops summit? Dude's got crazy athleticism, he had over 10 blocks and they were big blocks too, as were his dunks. He got drafted to his national team in highschool just 2 weeks after starting to play basketball.:lol:

Does anyone know when the draft takes place?

Last edited:
Enjoy the title, Dallas. Congratulations on a job well done. I really don't think Heat fans have anything to moan about. They'll be a contender for next season and subsequent seasons as long as they can. Dallas knows that the other 29 teams (including the other two Texas teams) want what Dallas won this past season- the NBA Championship. So bring on next season!

Anyone care to look back on the 2010-2011 season?

• I look at 2010 (for my Rockets) as a sheer disappointment. We were fortunate enough to even get a winning record. It took a lot of games to finally go above .500, but I was really sad they could have played much better. It took five or six games to finally win a darned game after having to start at the Lakers. I still remember that one game on ESPN when we were at the Magic, and we got our asses handed to. ESPN is the "Always Hate Houston" network as far as I'm concerned. Still, I was disappointed for the most part.

• Cleveland had a sad season since LeBron left. I'm sure that if Cleveland finished 1-81, I'm sure a win they would gladly take was that game where the Cavs beat the Heat in Cleveland. I remembered watching that game on NBA TV. I was like... "Oh, my God..." That was a heck of a win. And of course, there was that 27-something game losing streak. Basically breaking their own losing streak record.

What are your 2010-2011 memories? Oh, and you're going to miss Mark Jackson calling down games on ESPN if you like his commentary. He's the new Golden State head coach. Best of luck to him as coach.

Did you hear what happened to Lebron after the finals? Some kid walked up to him and asked for change for a dollar. Lebron happily obliged. The kid counted the change and said, "Hey, there is only 75 cents here."

Lebron replied, "Sorry, I don't have a fourth quarter."

Did you hear what happened to Lebron after the finals? Some kid walked up to him and asked for change for a dollar. Lebron happily obliged. The kid counted the change and said, "Hey, there is only 75 cents here."

This joke is getting old quick!

• I look at 2010 (for my Rockets) as a sheer disappointment. We were fortunate enough to even get a winning record. It took a lot of games to finally go above .500, but I was really sad they could have played much better. It took five or six games to finally win a darned game after having to start at the Lakers. I still remember that one game on ESPN when we were at the Magic, and we got our asses handed to. ESPN is the "Always Hate Houston" network as far as I'm concerned. Still, I was disappointed for the most part.

Personally, I hate the Rockets(yea...I just live here, I'm not from here), but after hiring Kevin Mchale, I have to admit I'm excited. I swear the owner knows that you fans will come to the games even if the roster consisted of 9 one armed players and hired a bunch of nobodies to keep cost down. I don't think Coach Mchale is gonna go for that, hopefully the Rockets become a good team to watch. Its true what the say about the Toyota Center, every seat is a good seat($75 get you GREAT seats!)

Last edited:
Blazers temp center from last year had a joke, too. I think it went how now the day is LeBron James Day. We'll all get to leave work 12 minutes early!

That fourth quarter one's been my work computer wallpaper since Monday. :P

:lol:

What are your 2010-2011 memories?

Good ones. The Thunder achieved beyond what I imagined the team would do this year. I came into the year wanting the Thunder to win the First Round series and push hard to win the Second Round. If the team managed to advance beyond that, then that would just be an extra serving of gravy.

Losing to the Mavs in the Conference Finals hurt though, especially the manner in which the loses happened; with that said, the Mavs fully deserved to advance to the NBA Finals and my hat is off to them for taking care of business throughout the Playoffs.

One memory that will stand out for years is how absolutely amazing Dirk was in the Playoffs. I will remember his one legged fade away, much like I remember Jordan's unstoppable fade away. Just absolutely brilliant stuff with the fade away, completely nasty. It is a memory I will be able to tell people about when I get older (Back in my day, Dirk's one legged fade away was unguardable . . . :lol:).

Looking forward to next season, if there is a next season that is, I am trying to temper my expectations for the Thunder. I am tentatively just wanting them to get back to the Conference Finals and push harder towards advancing to the NBA Finals. The team is very young and still needs time and further experience to mature to seasoned, hardened playoff basketball players. It was not until Jordan's seventh season that he won his first NBA title and because of that, it is a bit unreasonable to think Durant and company will get there and win so early in their careers. I want to see a continued fight and unending hunger to winning.

Durant's last press conference was a good one. He was visually and verbally upset that the team lost the series to the Mavs; his competitiveness was apparent. I hope that the Playoff failures of the Thunder further motivates him and the rest of the team to work harder, improve more, and become even better basketball players.

Finally, I am looking forward to next season and hope that a lockout does not happen. The NBA product right now is too good to stop. The number of great players is outstanding at the moment; there is seemingly a player on every team that is worth watching.

Mavs turned on the air conditioner and drove the Heat out!

hahahaha classic,

Funny season for me, wanted The windy city to truimph with the MVP, but Wade is one of my favorite players and then Mav needed to get a championship as they are aging.

Well done Mav I'm happy you won in the end. Bring on next season.

Damn right he's not with the Heat. If he took his talents to south beach, this town would be evacuated except for the blind people.

Raptors signed Dwane Casey as head coach today, reputed for his defensive strategies, and who spent the last 3 years as Dallas' defensive coach. He's only had one head coach role before, with the Wolves, but didn't do all that well, I sure hope he gets the Raptors competitive.

He was the #1 for Nate McMillan, the Blazers coach. He didn't do well in Minnesota, but it was Minnesota. Where owner & then-general manager McHale in my eyes were R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D. Not dumb, but not capable. It seemed like every move McHale made were complete train wreck.

Casey should do OK in Toronto, but it remains to be seen. I'd imagine their roster needs some help. McHale, I hope he's a better coach than GM. He might have been a great player, but only dumber guy in the whole Wolves organizaion was Taylor who kept McHale in charge for *checks wiki* OMG.............. for over a decade. Really? :guilty:
Damn right he's not with the Heat. If he took his talents to south beach, this town would be evacuated except for the blind people.
I don't care for tabloids, but you gotta admit, TMZ gave him the best nickname in the NBA. :lol:

I had a little chuckle to myself, Casey mentioned that his players will need to earn playing time with good defence....so what will Bargnani do?! Leading scorer last season, you need him out there, will Andrea FINALLY start playing defence? Will he ACTUALLY become a league renowned player?

Edit: Just 1 more sleep for me until draft night.:D

Last edited:
Trade rumors are flying around. They say Blazers might be the busiest team in the league. Too bad we don't have much attractive assets. Reportedly, Tony Parker nearly was traded to Portland last night for Andre Miller & Nicolas Batum. I love Tony Parker, but I wouldn't have done it. Miller's old, but he's good at playing old & reliable. Batum is still just a kid, and he's a borderline starter. He will be really good in couple of years. Parker? Again, big fan, but his game is his speed. He's nearing 30, and that's when the quickness goes. A lot of mileage on him, too. I guess the deal fell through when San Antonio insisted Richard Jefferson be put in the deal. Yeah, keep dreaming R.C. :crazy:

One trade reportedly made is by former Blazer GM Rich Cho. I think the early report said that Stephen Jackson(Cha) goes to the Bucks? Bucks I think gave Salmons to the Kings, Kings gave up their 7th pick to the Cats. Cho's good. Almost as good as Omnis's Rich Cho jokes.

Edit: As soon as I overheard on the Blazers radio that someone from the organization(I'm guessing acting GM, Buchanan) said that details on Tony Parker rumor is completely false, just few minutes later, George Hill got traded to Indiana. I guess Parker's off the table now. :dopey:

Edit2: Blazers just made their pick, Nolan Smith from Duke. Strong speculation by the Blazers media is that Blazers have trade in progress with Denver, and that Denver will pick for the Blazers. Felton will be sent to the Blazers, Andre Miller back to the Nuggets. Speculation, but I think it has some legs, as Nolan Smith is not the player Blazers were after at all.

Edit3: Nuggets picked the (reportedly)Blazers guy, Kenneth Faried. It's looking like our Blazers broadcaster guys were right on the money. 👍 Hate to see Andre Miller go though. Solid veteran.

Edit4: Now they are backing down on the speculation about the picks being swapped. Miller sounds like was traded, but not the pick. This sucks. Honestly, I don't think we gained anything here. Felton is a middle of the road PG. We needed more than this, unless this hugely advantageous contract wise. I guarantee it's not.

Edit5: ESPN(I think), Mark Stein is reportedly reporting that Blazers also gave up Rudy Fernandez to Dallas as part of that Felton/Miller trade. They speculate that Blazers still just get Felton. I'm glad we got rid of Rudy, but Felton trade is even more unbelievable. :crazy:

Edit6: If Portland is keeping Nolan Smith, the point guard, Paulie should call the Blazers, get them to trade Patty Mills to the Raptors. :lol:

Last edited:
Cho one's better than Rich. Well, except Pat. Lebron needs a mentor to teach him how to act. It must be hard for him to advance his game north to be the best in the East while his mom is going south on West. Does Mike Singletary still need a job?

Hopefully Miami can draft an automatic 3-point shot-maker and then get Dwight Howard. Bibby, Jamaal "The Yeti" Magliore, and Juwan Howard can retire.

And hopefully Portland can draft some good looking, strong-footed dudes to make up for Greg Oden.

I hate you Omnis. Good one on the mom going south on West though. :lol:👍

Edit: Much confusion in Blazers broadcasting. It seems either there is another trade taking place, or there was big detail missing from the Felton/Miller report.

Edit2: Now they say the rights to our Euro Prospect, Petteri Koponen(Finland, PG) was also shipped to Dallas. We get their 57th pick in exchange. Great. Go us.

Last edited:
Alright, alright!

More confusion on the Blazer front. We don't have the 57th pick. It keeps getting better & better.

Edit: Watching the official press conference. We do have the 57th pick, but it is being moved. We don't know for who, or what. This is why you don't fire your GM right before the draft. Two years in a row. I swear Blazers ownership have very limited foresight. Sometimes, I don't think they have any. If we could get 7-Eleven franchise owner or somebody like that in charge, we might be able to do a little bit more.

Last edited:
*Deep breath*
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!! Kyrie Irving was born in Australia, I hope he does well.:P:D Also, with Portland losing Miller maybe Mills will get more game time again.:cheers: Raptors chose Jonas Valanciunas, a 7-footer Euro centre who supposedly has really good around the basket offence, I think Raptors made the right choice, they needed a Centre somewhere along the line.
Edit: Looks like Jonas involves the sticky issue of a buy-out and we probably won't see him this year yet. A lot of people are beginning to say Raptors will be a very good team in the future, and having just watched some one-on-one time with new head coach Dwane Casey I'm full of hope. There better not be a lock-out this season.
Edit 2: Dude, this Valanciunas has got a pretty bad stutter, and either he aint the smartest guy kicking around the locker room or his English is VERY basic. Not things I'll hold against him.

Lebron needs a mentor to teach him how to act. It must be hard for him to advance his game north to be the best in the East while his mom is going south on West. Does Mike Singletary still need a job?

What do all Finnish basketball players do well? Drive the lane!

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back