NBA 2010-2011 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,141 comments
I don't know what McLaren's complaining about. Don't you remember 2006 Finals? Dallas fans should be doing the happy dance when it comes to officiating in this year's finals. ;)
I'm not complaining about anything. The fact you guys think Dallas is getting the favoritism remains beyond me because Miami has been an NBA-favorite all year long with its silly "We'll win 4,5,6,7 championship" mindset. But, believe what you will....

All I will believe is that Miami doesn't deserve it & it has nothing to do with being a fan of the other team. Wade continues to show poor sportsmanship & LeBron is continuing to make Scottie chew on his words with such poor performance (go re-watch the Game 2 with the duo accepting victory too early). I dare say Bosh, Chalmers, & other players have been more worthy of the team's spotlight than these 2 since they're the ones actually showing up to play & running Dallas' defense.

Yeah, you can. Just not all the time.
I'm not complaining about anything. The fact you guys think Dallas is getting the favoritism remains beyond me because Miami has been an NBA-favorite all year long with its silly "We'll win 4,5,6,7 championship" mindset. But, believe what you will....

All I will believe is that Miami doesn't deserve it & it has nothing to do with being a fan of the other team. Wade continues to show poor sportsmanship & LeBron is continuing to make Scottie chew on his words with such poor performance (go re-watch the Game 2 with the duo accepting victory too early). I dare say Bosh, Chalmers, & other players have been more worthy of the team's spotlight than these 2 since they're the ones actually showing up to play & running Dallas' defense.
OK, you are not complaining about anything. :crazy: And I'm not claiming that refs are helping Dallas. I said that's the trend I've seen in my very limited view of the Finals. I also said that I don't think the refs are deciding the series by any means.

Edit: I am sorry I tuned in. :P We were playing MW2, as soon as I turned it on, they went on a 11-0 run!

It's too bad I don't even notice Wade until the timeout. :P

Edit: Paulie! You guys have live television in New Zealand? :lol:

Edit2: Crunch time. Does not look good for Miami.

Last edited:
Its OV, a wrap, done.

At least those dumb Lebron vs MJ comparisons can be put to rest.
There will always be MJ comparisons, but yeah, you are right, it is dumb. Even if it came from one of my all-time favorites, Scottie Pippen. I never saw his exact quote, so hopefully he was taken out of context.
Don't say that just yet. This is the Finals; it ain't over til' the fat lady sings. :sly:
This is where I give them a lot of credit. They are on. The. Mission. Miami, not so much.

Edit: I think Miami could use Dennis Rodman right now. About five of him. :lol:

Last edited:
Whatever. Good job, Dallas. 2-3-2 format sucks and the crowd just wasn't in it. Night and day compared to the Dallas crowd. Not looking good for Spo right now.

I'm happy Dirk got his ring though. Dude is the best player in the NBA. The best forward for sure.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Mavs & their fans. I hate your team, but they played the right way, just beautiful execution on both ends. AND, you beat the team that America rooted against. :P

Edit: Oh my god, some of the Heat players crying? Saw Bosh crying for sure. Come on now......

So well deserved. Our bench deserves SO MUCH credit for taking over when Dirk couldn't nail his shots.

This is going to be a busy week in DFW. :D

So well deserved. Our bench deserves SO MUCH credit for taking over when Dirk couldn't nail his shots.

This is going to be a busy week in DFW. :D
Best bench I saw all year. To be honest though, I can't believe they won with Dirk being so cold. I want to say it was all Dallas depth, but it had a lot to do with Miami players just being air-headed. It is amazing that players caliber of LeBron, Wade & Bosh can completely take themselves out of their games like that. They were stronger, faster, but they took those attributes & did all the wrong things with them. What the heck.

It's too bad I don't even notice Wade until the timeout. :P

Edit: Paulie! You guys have live television in New Zealand? :lol:

Edit2: Crunch time. Does not look good for Miami.

Err, which country?:lol: I'm in Australia mate :D. We don't have live TV on this, but we do have NBA League Pass (best invention since the wheel).

Congratulations to the Mavs & their fans. I hate your team, but they played the right way, just beautiful execution on both ends. AND, you beat the team that America rooted against. :P

Edit: Oh my god, some of the Heat players crying? Saw Bosh crying for sure. Come on now......

Yeah, even though the officiating was terrible it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all, it was all Miami's fault they lost. As far as I'm concerned Miami deserved to win it due to all that hate they received but it was not to be, not this time. I tease my brother (Lebron fan) that James doesn't have it in him to win a championship.:P

Bring on 2011-2012, time to see Toronto back in it and hopefully maybe even make the 8.

D-Wade goes to congratulate the Maverick players while LeBron walks out. Says a lot.

Dirk walked out as well, no idea why, but he didn't stick around to commiserate the Heat and thank them for the battle.

Err, which country?:lol: I'm in Australia mate :D. We don't have live TV on this, but we do have NBA League Pass (best invention since the wheel).
Damn it. I guess the jokes on me. :lol:
Yeah, even though the officiating was terrible it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all, it was all Miami's fault they lost. As far as I'm concerned Miami deserved to win it due to all that hate they received but it was not to be, not this time. I tease my brother (Lebron fan) that James doesn't have it in him to win a championship.:P

Bring on 2011-2012, time to see Toronto back in it and hopefully maybe even make the 8.
I have a lot of respect for the Raptors because clearly, they are the best team north of the United States.

Edit:
Dirk walked out as well, no idea why, but he didn't stick around to commiserate the Heat and thank them for the battle.

D-Wade goes to congratulate the Maverick players while LeBron walks out. Says a lot.
My observation was that they were too emotional.

Damn it. I guess the jokes on me. :lol:

I have a lot of respect for the Raptors because clearly, they are the best team north of the United States.

Edit:

My observation was that they were too emotional.

Toronto are the best team outside of USA full stop.:P:lol: Come on now though, they did beat some good teams through the season, I think they beat Chicago twice, definitely once, and they were looking a heap better at the end of the season, some of the young guys are really coming through. From their current position and with the outlook of their players we can only go up from here. Not championship up, but as I said hopefully playoffs up. You're just jealous you aint got DeRozan.:lol:

That was in the locker room and it's their prerogative. They'd better be crying after missing 20 points in free throws. That's pathetic. Offense was garbage.

Anyway, I was afraid of this. The curse of Mike Bibby stands. Whoever brought him here needs to be fired.

He went to go cry. Tears of joy, of course.

Well this goes to show professional basketball is still about shooting, which Dallas does with, if not as, the best of them.

Dirk, Champion. Jason Kidd, champion. D Wade, champion. Lebron James, a really good basketball player.

Best bench I saw all year. To be honest though, I can't believe they won with Dirk being so cold. I want to say it was all Dallas depth, but it had a lot to do with Miami players just being air-headed. It is amazing that players caliber of LeBron, Wade & Bosh can completely take themselves out of their games like that. They were stronger, faster, but they took those attributes & did all the wrong things with them. What the heck.
I thought Bosh was ok, & LeBron looked like he was going to come out & take Game 6. But somewhere, he fizzled out. But, at least he did better in this game so next season, he doesn't get too much hate.

Dallas proved though that you can not win championships just by having an All-Star team. Miami is eating that "5,6,7,8 championships" & ceremony they started at the beginning of the year.
The Finals also shows LeBron has a lot to learn if Pippen's words will ever remain somewhat true.

Next year, don't think Dallas will make it very far as they're veterans will probably be glad they finally got a win in & know it will be hard to nail another Conference win at their ages. I do think OKC will be a big contender next year; very strong, young team. I believe Rose can do the same for the Bulls.

LeBron walked over w/ Bosh & hugged Kidd. Wade hugged Marion. Dirk probably has nothing to say to Wade & LeBron.

Glad the Mavs took it. Miami is my team and all, but not with Lebron.

Hopefully he goes to another team in the future to try and win a championship and get other star players to make up for his overall lack of polished game.

Who knows, maybe by that time he'll actually develop a jumpshot.

That was in the locker room and it's their prerogative.
I'm just saying I don't like it. I see it as mental weakness. It's sweet when little league baseball team cry after losing their World Series. Grown men crying after NBA Finals, to me, explains a lot of what I saw in the second half of the Game 6. Like I said before, Dallas had their focus on the game. I have no idea where Miami's head was. There were times Dallas was only up by six, but it looked like they were double digit lead, because you definitely sensed that Miami offense had already checked out of the game.

I've thought that talent of James/Wade/Bosh were good enough to beat anybody, but it would help if they grew up. Fast.
The curse of Mike Bibby stands.
:lol:

Edit: Mac, I don't know what that is, but it is not the O'Brien trophy. Maybe their Western Conference trophy?

Well Bosh just got on his knees and pounded the floor. It's not like he turned into a hysterical girl. Haters gonna hate though. We'll win it next year after Bibby retires. Look, the Hawks were garbage, then they got rid of Bibby and made the playoffs. We got Bibby and Lebron James started doing cartoons, commercials, and took a Sheet on the floor.

Did someone forget to pay the natural gas bill? Because the Heat got shut off. :lol: Crying in the locker room? Got no problem with it. Wished it could've been the Thunder beating them but oh well, there's always next year. Thunder Up!

Back