NBA: 2013-2014 Season - DONE Spurs Win

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,927 comments
Yeah, I don't know what the salary situation would be, but just imagine for a moment, the Pelicans trade Eric Gordon for a Small Forward and sign a dumped-by-the-Warriors Bogut.:drool: Their bench isn't terrible either, with Austin Rivers (OK, he's probably over-rated) and Ryan Anderson providing scoring options. That'd be a talented team ruled by some of the more talented players who aren't quite the routine big names you're used to seeing. While they're at it, sign Mills as a backup point, he's still a free agent, and as far as I'm concerned a viable backup who could be had on the cheap.:crazy:

There were rumor surrounding Bogut to Utah, and also how the salary dumping wasn't strictly for Howard, and this came in:
CBS Sports
The Warriors have made their free agency splash and it's not the player many were expecting it to be.

Andre Iguodala has signed a four-year, $48 million deal with the Warriors.

To make room for Iguodala, the Warriors also agreed to a trade with the Utah Jazz exchanging Richard Jefferson, Brandon Rush and Andris Biedrins for a currently unknown package, according to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com. The Warriors, who were over the cap, unloaded roughly $20 million to the Jazz, clearing just enough money to fit Iguodala's salary in.

According to Yahoo Sports, the Warriors are also sending the Jazz multiple draft picks, including their 2014 first round pick. link

Edit: Another one.

The upshot: If Dwight Howard chooses Golden State as his free-agent destination and the Lakers are amenable to a sign-and-trade arrangement, the Warriors are willing and able to engage, league sources told CBSSports.com.

The centerpiece of any Howard sign-and-trade with the Lakers would be center Andrew Bogut and his $14 million expiring contract, plus one of Golden State's young studs -- Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson, league sources said. However, there has been no indication from Howard's camp -- holed up in Aspen, Colo., to make his free-agent decision -- that he's made a decision. Nor has there been any indication from the Lakers that if Howard elects to leave, they'll be willing to facilitate his departure. link
Boy, it actually sounds like the Blazers would make a decent trade partner in this thing. Even after getting Robin Lopez, we could still upgrade by quite a bit at 5. Klay Thompson would be a nice incentive, too.

Edit2: Just heard that Howard will sign with the Rockets. Big surprise.

Last edited:
According to various stuff I picked up on Facebook, Dwight Howard made his decision. And he will play for...

...the Houston Rockets!

What do you make of D12 rockin' Rockets red?

BREAKING NEWS: Dwight Howard demands to be traded from the Rockets.

:lol: :lol:

If Jeremy Lin can re-capture some of his Linsanity form the Rockets should be a good team this year. (Well they'll be good anyway, but I mean really good) The Lakers on the other hand......
Now who wants Marcus Camby? We'll take a solid back-up Point Guard?

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: Coach Kevin McHale & ball boy Jonathan Stevens has been fired, Rockets GM Morey released an statement saying those firings have absolutely nothing to do with Drama Howard. ok, enough of that lol

I thought Harden was a loser after the 2012 Finals, then gained a whole new respect for him last season. Lin, I never bought into. I love the kid, want him to do well, but I don't think he'll ever be a elite point guard on a real team? I'd LOVE it, if he proved me wrong. I think Rockets should fire McHale, but I wish them well. Very exciting duo they got there.

Like I said in the past, Dwight Howard will need to be on his best behavior for the Rockets. We don't need any characters out here, and I'll be damned if he becomes any sort of nuisance. I already remember when Tracy McGrady was here before his injury problems. All I know is that I'm sick of my Rockets having to settle for mediocrity. If getting a guy like him is key to helping the Rockets return to relevance, then so be it. Dwight Howard will need to be on his best behavior. Otherwise, he'll have to go to timeout and also face getting paddled from behind.

I can only say that I am happy with this pickup for the Rockets. If this is what it takes to get our 3rd NBA championship, then so be it. D12 reportedly said that his decision on Houston was part of the fact he couldn't really stand being in Kobe Bryant's shadow all the time and that Steve Nash was seemingly "on his last legs." Maybe D12's coming to Houston is a chance for him to become the man. In that case, I want D12 to CONTINUE a legacy that Hakeem Olajuwon did in Houston's Clutch City days rather than threaten it. His talent and his play don't concern me at all. It is his personality and character that concern me. Will he play nice and not be a diva, or will he be more a nuisance than someone trying to win us another NBA championship? That is my question moving forward with Dwight Howard.

Come on John, please don't use Hakeem's name in the same sentence as Dwight Howards. He'd be like a retarded cousin to arguably the best center ever to play the game. I still remember Shaq crying after his Magic were swept by the Rockets in the Finals. Dream shake baby!

In honor of Dwight Howard:

Skip to the top-2, rest are garbage(2:05). Olajuwon had special moves every night. One of the all-time greatest defenders in the post, too.

Hakeem is the best NBA player ever. Ever. Dwight is some tall scrub from Didney Wurl.

Mavs missed on D12, but picked up Calderon. So, I'm happy as that fills our desperate need for a reliable PG.

Dude, if Dallas's done with that, they might as well trade Dirk to somebody who could use him.

I doubted Dirk big time after the collapse in the Finals(turned into WWF match by the officiating) against the Heat, but he made a believer out of me the second time around. Last thing I want to see is him rotting into retirement on a mediocre team.

If Cuban's giving up, I'd love to see Dirk get traded to somebody like Chicago, or San Antonio. Yes, I want to see French-German-U.S. Virgin Islands Alliance. God, that would be bad ass. Wade would be holding his knee, shoulder and also his balls.

Edit: We have a Kiwi on our Summer League roster!
The Trail Blazers on Friday released their roster for this month’s Las Vegas Summer League team.

As expected, it will feature the two newest additions to the franchise — rookie guards CJ McCollum and Allen Crabbe — and multiple players from last year’s NBA roster. But there is also one surprise: Reigning Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard also will be included on the roster.

It’s unlikely that the Blazers’ starting point guard will play in any games in Las Vegas. But he most likely will participate in portions of practice in an effort to get to know his new teammates better. Lillard, who shared Most Valuable Player honors at summer league last year, also is using the experience to deepen his relationship with his teammates.

Other NBA players joining Lillard on the summer league roster include: Center Meyers Leonard; guard Will Barton; Forward Victor Claver; forward/center Joel Freeland; McCollum; and Crabbe.

The team also will feature: Olek Czyz, a 6-foot-8 forward from Italy; Cedric Jackson, a 6-3 guard from New Zealand; Dallas Lauderdale, a 6-9 center from the Idaho Stampede, the Blazers’ D-League affiliate; and Dexter Strickland, a 6-3 guard from North Carolina.

The Blazers open summer league play July 13 against the Phoenix Suns.

--Joe Freeman
So excited about our two rookies. Never seen him play, but Crabbe's supposed to be a purest shooter as they come!

Edit: Can't believe they let Al Jefferson AND Millsap both go.

Paul Millsap agrees to two-year, $19 million deal with Atlanta Hawks

Last edited:
Mavs missed on D12, but picked up Calderon. So, I'm happy as that fills our desperate need for a reliable PG.

I'm really surprised they gave him a 4yr deal given his age, I wonder what it's worth.

Edit: We have a Kiwi on our Summer League roster!

So excited about our two rookies. Never seen him play, but Crabbe's supposed to be a purest shooter as they come!

Edit: Can't believe they let Al Jefferson AND Millsap both go.

Paul Millsap agrees to two-year, $19 million deal with Atlanta Hawks

Go our region of the world! I'm pretty sure Cedric Jackson was a star player in our local NBL series (which totally sucks these days after half the teams went bankrupt). Behind Lillard though I doubt he'll get a hell of a lot of minutes even in Summer League.
I too was surprised by the Millsap signing, it's a good addition for the Hawks.

I see rumours circulating that the Rockets will also go after Josh Smith, scary thought.

A6m5, you know as well as I do Dirk will retire before he asks for a trade. This is the only team he's been with. And is often referred to as the grandfather of Dallas sports. There's still a couple days left for the trade block, so we'll see what else Cuban does.

It's obvious he's trying to build a veteran team since it did get us our first championship. But, that squad also had a defensive anchor which is what we need.

And there is nothing wrong with retiring as a lifelong Mavs, and I generally respect that(I hate Malone, respect Stockton), but Dirk can still play! I wish his, and Cuban's hate for Miami(I know Dirk does, assume Cuban does, too) would win over. How about Texas all-stars? Trade him & Tony Parker to Houston. I wish. :lol:
I see rumours circulating that the Rockets will also go after Josh Smith, scary thought.
Yeah, as soon as Howard reportedly requested the Rockets add the third star player, at which point we knew the Rockets had the best chance in acquiring Howard, only name that ever came up was Josh Smith. I haven't heard anything new since, and I know he's supposed to be athletic, but if he has a consistent jump shot(I don't know), that would make Rockets scary good indeed.

THIS JUST IN...

Well, screw the "Josh Smith to the Rockets" rumor because I read that he signed some four-year, $56M deal to play for the Detroit Pistons. This is according to ESPN and certain reports. I learned of this by reading from ESPN2's Bottom Line.

I also read Dallas may be looking to get Andrew Bynum since they missed out on getting Dwight Howard.

Want to share some thoughts on these deals?

Get a big wheelchair & hire a psychiatrist?

Too bad about Josh Smith, but I hope the Rockets can still land somebody good.

Edit: Just read Jarrett Jack goes to Cleveland as a FA, Portland will sign Dorell Wright, and Landry agrees to a 4-year contract with the Kings.

Last edited:
When Carl Landry was a Rocket, I loved his play. I got full respect for Carl Landry. Still wish he played for my boys, but he could make ANY team better... even sorry teams like Charlotte and Orlando. So good for Carl Landry.

Free agency is really kicking along now, Josh Smith to the Pistons was quite the surprise move and one that has Detroit looking pretty good for a post-season berth next year. (Pistons starting line-up: Knight, Caldwell-Pope, Smith, Monroe, Drummond)

I also read Dallas may be looking to get Andrew Bynum since they missed out on getting Dwight Howard.
Cuban will do that if he's desperate. Bur, we don't need him.
It wouldn't even be about the fact he was a former Laker with Odom, or that he hit JJB like a 🤬. He's a health-risk.

Dude injured himself...bowling. Booowwwwlllling. :ouch:

We continue to scrape near the bottom(but no Bynum yet :P). Our latest pick up: Earl Watson.

We continue to scrape near the bottom(but no Bynum yet :P). Our latest pick up: Earl Watson.

Oh you got Earl Watson? We got Julyan Stone. No, I'd never heard of him either!:crazy: But he MAY turn out to be a sleeper signing:
Bleacher Report
Stone is a 6’6” pass-first point guard who has the tools to man the floor at the point as well as at the two or the three spot in a pinch. His shot needs improvement, but if and when he develops a jump shot, he can become a rock-solid NBA player.

Stone, with his 6’10” wingspan, is already a plus defender and rebounder who possesses excellent court vision, solid athleticism and a good first step.

Stones best game as a pro came in the 2011-12 season when he logged a career-high 21 minutes versus the Spurs and put up nine points, seven assists and two steals with zero turnovers.

I can tell you are jealous. :lol:

Our guy's just about done, signing for a one year contract. With the amount of the Blazer game I actually catch these days(maybe close to ten), I'd be surprised if I actually see Watson play.

Stone sounds interesting. I do like big point guards. Stats are underwhelming though, I do wish him best of luck!

Edit: I'm sure Mac already heard this: Reports: Devin Harris agrees to three-year deal with Dallas

Last edited:
Last edited:
Darren Collison as a backup PG to CP3 after losing Eric Bledsoe?

Not bad.

Pelicans signed Aminu to a one year contract, looks like our play at the SF position is gonna struggle again :(

Today is the start of the NBA Summer League. This will be a chance for teams and players to warm themselves up in preparation of the new season.

The first game just completed, as my Rockets beat Philadelphia 88-80. Of course, these games don't count towards anything.

Probably for one of the Summer Leagues. Generally, there are two, three of them that they hold regionally.

Collison is one of those guys who is good enough to start, but would be an elite backup point guard. Clippers trade one elite backup point guard, get another one right back for free. Their roster is LOADED.

Wow Asik wants to be traded and the Rockets deny his request.

Surely they can clear some cap space and sign a proper PF.

Latest Posts

Back