NBA 2016-2017 Draft, Preseason and Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 405 comments
Welp the L arriors BLEW a 24 POINT LEAD at their OWN home against Memphis and lost :lol:

They're certainly the greatest chokers of our time

Oh, make no mistake about it. Kyle Korver is solid. He's killer from behind the 3-point line. Still is. His presence will be a solid addition to make Cleveland just a touch more deadly on offense.

As for that note on the Warriors failing against the Grizzlies, wow. Big win for fellow Southwest Division rivals Memphis.

Seriously what's with the Warriors blowing up a big lead and then losing? Are they too pressured to holding a big lead or are they overwhelmed with a lot of star power?
15941259_1612316462130205_1653196012619222288_n.jpg

So Jimmy Butler scores another 40+ point game for the 3rd time in 6 games.

With the season he has been having, if he does not get one MVP vote, then I'm ready to boycott the MVP.

Seriously what's with the Warriors blowing up a big lead and then losing? Are they too pressured to holding a big lead or are they overwhelmed with a lot of star power?
15941259_1612316462130205_1653196012619222288_n.jpg
It's their defense; it's atrocious when the opposing team is down and starts to apply pressure in the paint.

And the Grizzlies, which typically aren't very explosive esp. when they're down, knew they could force the game. Although, I think beating the Warriors the first time also boosted their confidence to make a comeback.

It's their defense; it's atrocious when the opposing team is down and starts to apply pressure in the paint.

And the Grizzlies, which typically aren't very explosive esp. when they're down, knew they could force the game. Although, I think beating the Warriors the first time also boosted their confidence to make a comeback.
I knew it was their defense. I already feared this from the start of the season. As soon as they let go of Bogut, and their bench players for Durant, that's where their defense fell down. Even though they have West and McGee to cover for the frontcourt, it's still not enough to cover up for the loss of Bogut and the bench players.

Now I'm starting to doubt them if they can even reach the Finals. If you ask me what team am I rooting for this season, Cavs.

So Jimmy Butler scores another 40+ point game for the 3rd time in 6 games.

With the season he has been having, if he does not get one MVP vote, then I'm ready to boycott the MVP.

I'd find it hard to vote him over Harden or Westbrook. And did he have to do it against the Raptors?:P

I'd find it hard to vote him over Harden or Westbrook. And did he have to do it against the Raptors?:P

Pfft Harden. Butler always beats him when they play. :D

And the Bulls pretty much own the Raptors now. 10 games straight, stretching back to 2013. Raptors are happy Bulls will probably not make playoffs.

America's team = the Houston Rockets. Canada's team = the Toronto Raptors. Toronto says "We the North." So I guess... "we (Houston) the South." Well on this night... the south won. Houston won 129-122 in Toronto. James Harden recorded another triple-double: 40 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds. DeMar DeRozan hung 36 points on my Rockets. He also had 5 assists, 6 rebounds, and one block. The win streak is now 8 for the Houston Rockets. We are now 30-9 on the season. We're still good mates, but I'm sorry my Rockets had to pound your Raptors, Paulie.

Congratulations to all other winners from Sunday.

America's team = the Houston Rockets. Canada's team = the Toronto Raptors. Toronto says "We the North." So I guess... "we (Houston) the South." Well on this night... the south won. Houston won 129-122 in Toronto. James Harden recorded another triple-double: 40 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds. DeMar DeRozan hung 36 points on my Rockets. He also had 5 assists, 6 rebounds, and one block. The win streak is now 8 for the Houston Rockets. We are now 30-9 on the season. We're still good mates, but I'm sorry my Rockets had to pound your Raptors, Paulie.

Congratulations to all other winners from Sunday.

I find the "We the North" thing to be cringe.

121-114, Houston Rockets defeating the Charlotte Hornets here in Houston on Tuesday night. Another win for H-Town. No fancy stats to share for this post.

Elsewhere...

You may have heard that Derrick Rose went AWOL on his Knicks. Well, there was a reason for his absence: http://clutchpoints.com/derrick-rose-provides-details-recent-awol-family/

D-Rose got fined for his leave. I believe he's expected to dress up and compete later tonight (since it is Wednesday as of this post) against the 76ers. The Knicks in that Monday Night game lost 110-96 hosting the New Orleans Pelicans.

Congratulations to all other winners from Tuesday.

The Rockets were going for ten straight wins for the second time this season. Didn't happen in Minnesota. Nine and no further for this streak after failing 119-105 in Minneapolis. We now have our tenth loss of the season. This game at Minnesota was part of a back-to-back after the Rockets took care of Charlotte at home last night.

Can't win 'em all. Congratulations to everyone who didn't lose this Wednesday night.

There is NBA action in London right now, and Mexico City will get some NBA action later tonight. I only hope the crooked refs that screwed my Houston Texans in the NFL (or even those using those annoying laser pointers) don't screw up this NBA game. NBA action in three countries. Got to love it.

Enjoy this Thursday of NBA games.

NBA is talking about hosting a pre-season game in Australia, I suppose it'd depend on the team playing and if I could even get tickets. We have much smaller stadiums that sell out fast, and no doubt it'd be in Melbourne or Sydney (probably Melbourne) which is very far away from me.

Back to back losses for the Houston Rockets now, failing 110-105 at home against Memphis. I am just hoping that this Rockets team somehow doesn't think they've won enough games to make the Playoffs or something. You do have your concerns when your favorite team(s) lose a successive number of games. So we lose another one, sadly.

Meanwhile, congratulations to all teams who didn't fail on this Friday the 13th.

Yep, those all-star jerseys are 🤬 crap. The human race has lost its creativity.

Those jerseys are horrid. I wish they could go back to the days where back in the 90s all All Star players wear jersey of their team. When it comes to All Star jerseys, I'd say the 2007 version was better.

137-112, Houston Rockets win at the Brooklyn Nets. It was the 12th triple-double for James Harden this season. Multiples of 11 for this triple-double: 22 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 assists. They are back to winning after losing back-to-back games heading into tonight. It's a happy birthday for me as my boys got it done on my birthday today.

Congratulations to all other winners from today, including Toronto's feasting frenzy of the Knicks in Toronto.

Games that went final today and tonight will be featured in this post.

* The Knicks got devoured in Toronto, so will home cooking help the Knicks? No. The Atlanta Hawks won 108-107 at Madison Square Garden. Poor Knicks...

* It was 120-101 in Washington, D.C. as the Wizards defeated the Portland Trail Blazers 120-101.

* The Milwaukee Bucks hosted the Philadelphia 76ers, and the Sixers won 113-104.

* In Indianapolis, Indiana; the Pacers hosted the New Orleans Pelicans. The Pellies didn't do so well by losing 98-95.

* The boys in green look to be a bug light to some Hornets. The Boston Celtics did good against the Charlotte Hornets. They won 108-98.

* The Orlando Magic went up a Mile High to meet the Denver Nuggets. The Nuggets won this match 125-112.

* So how did the Cleveland Cavaliers do against the Golden State Warriors in this rematch of the NBA Finals? With the game in Oakland, CA; this one wasn't even close. A triple-double by Draymond Green (11 points, 13 rebounds, and 11 assists) helped lift the Warriors to a 126-91 whacking. Almost as if this was playoff revenge from this past season.

Congratulations to all winners from today's games, including the eventual winners of UTA at PHX and OKC at LAC.

The Houston Rockets couldn't take the heat. We failed 109-103 at the Miami Heat tonight. I just hope it isn't Midnight for the 2016 Rockets...

Congratulations to the other winners from Tuesday.

The Milwaukee Bucks paid a visit to Houston. We took down the Bucks 111-92 in a game televised on ESPN. No stats or anything to share in this one. Just wanted to share scores.

Congratulations to the other winners from Wednesday.

Raptors, with a bunch of injuries and on the second night of a back to back, got beaten by the Embiid'ers. Simmons is either on track to return after the all-star break, or will still sit out the whole season. Sullinger, who had the same injury at almost the same time as Simmons, returned today.:indiff:

Sorry if I'm very very late but.....

What just happened? Why did Cleveland lose to the Warriors in a embarrassing fashion? Aside from Warriors having the home court advantage? What made my Cavs lose to a overrated team?

NBA just released the starters for the All Star game:
West
PG: Stephen Curry (GS)
SG: James Harden (HOU)
SF: Kevin Durant (GS)
PF: Kawhi Leonard (SAS)
C: Anthony Davis (NO)

East
PG: Kyrie Irving (CLE)
SG: DeMar DeRozan (TOR)
SF: LeBron James (CLE)
PF: Jimmy Butler (CHI)
C: Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL)

What the hell NBA? This is why I hate voting. First you have the ridiculous Zaza voting and this? Why Curry over Westbrook? I understand its about popularity but come on, Westbrook is having a unbelievable season with having 41 games ending with triple doubles while you have Curry who came from losing the Finals with a 3-1 lead then blew it. Seriously NBA? I hope fan voting will be banned for the next All Star.

I think the foul by Zaza Pachulia was called a Flagrant 1. I'm not buying that. It looked like he had a vendetta against Russell Westbrook. Then you look over the guy you knocked down. Folks- this may be hyperbole, but that's a Flagrant 2. Or at the worst, a common foul followed by a Technical Foul. Bush League...

Curry over Westbrook is absolute BULL:censored:
You said it. Man I'm disappointed. I hope NBA bans all star voting next season and instead use the player's stat as a measure to see if they deserve to be a starter. Looking at the stats of both players:

Westbrook: 30.6 PPG, 10.6 RPG, 10.4 AST
Curry: 24.6 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 6.1 AST

It's clearly obvious that Westbrook deserves to be a starter and not the overrated Curry.

I knew my Rockets would get their doors blown off hosting the Golden State Warriors, and... I was right. The final score was 128-105 in favor of the Warriors. So another fail for the Houston Rockets. Of course, there is no shame losing to an elite team. Maybe the Warriors were like, "Steph Curry = overrated? Look at what we did to the Rockets!"

If your team didn't fail tonight, congratulations to all winners. I actually going to post a standings update prior to making a post like this, but I didn't really feel like it. Maybe I'll do one in a future post... or maybe someone else discuss standings.

Back