[NE-21194400] Error

About four hours ago we began to recover with the cooperation of the PSN team in North America. The traffic of many GT users seems to have been misunderstood as an attack on PSN.

Google translation.

I’ll accept this post for what he says, but seems suspicious. I’m thinking it was a DDoS attack and they don’t want to admit it because it would require explanation.

Whatever the cause, I don’t hold PD or PSN any I’ll feelings. These things happen, and while it could have been handled better, we will likely not know just how bad it was. Truly a bad day if you are in the TechOps end of PD or PSN.

Same here, East Coast US, this is what I get after firing it up after a month off...
East coast US too. I tried to log on 7 times but no success. Let the game sit for 30 mins or so and was able to connect after trying one more time. All saves intact. Hope your issue works out. Check GRS.com. your saves should show there.

Yeah, DDOS attacks are pretty common, particularly at Christmas. All the console producers have introduced extra security measures in recent years.....you were once pretty much guaranteed significant downtime.

I guess on the plus side it must means hundreds of thousands of users were trying to log into GT Sport for the first time days before Christmas itself. That will ramp up even more on Christmas day.

Hope everyone can enjoy the game now. Merry Christmas! :cheers:
F8E05410-ECF1-45BA-B71E-E0422E5D356A.jpeg

Incidents like this are what make me want to not ever get this game. What a mess. All because someone at PD thought it was a bright idea to use online-only saving.

People have been rightfully complaining about it since day 1 because something like this would happen. It was only a matter of time. Hopefully, this fiasco will lead to the implementation of local saving.

Incidents like this are what make me want to not ever get this game. What a mess. All because someone at PD thought it was a bright idea to use online-only saving.

People have been rightfully complaining about it since day 1 because something like this would happen. It was only a matter of time. Hopefully, this fiasco will lead to the implementation of local saving.

If you want to have any chance of that happening then support the thread asking for just that... lots of really negative people on there who think nothing will be done because I guess they are the lazy type who would just leave it as it is.

I see a lot of people having this issue... all is good on my side of the network, so I’m guessing it’s on PD’s side...?

Absolutely appalling. Down yesterday but could play without saving. Played 2 hours this morning and saved. Went back an hour ago and a different network error and cannot access the game at all. No campaign or anything! I played full price for this and I own a physical copy and I am being blocked from playing my purchase on the few days I can do it with my son. Do we have a legal right here? I live in Sweden and would happily join any class action to let these corporate bullies understand that the customer should come first.

Ni
Absolutely appalling. Down yesterday but could play without saving. Played 2 hours this morning and saved. Went back an hour ago and a different network error and cannot access the game at all. No campaign or anything! I played full price for this and I own a physical copy and I am being blocked from playing my purchase on the few days I can do it with my son. Do we have a legal right here? I live in Sweden and would happily join any class action to let these corporate bullies understand that the customer should come first.
Class action suit just because a GAME has been offline for one day?

If you want to have any chance of that happening then support the thread asking for just that... lots of really negative people on there who think nothing will be done because I guess they are the lazy type who would just leave it as it is.

I’d rather continue what I’m doing: vote with my wallet and not buy GTS at all. Whatever happens to this game is at no consequence to me since I don’t own it.

But as someone who has been watching the developments of the game and wants to potentially buy it once it gets more content, this isn’t a good look.

I guess a lot of people should relish the opportunity for human relations now since the game has been down:cheers:

Terrible timing of course, offline saving would have made up for it bigtime as well. But I agree, these thinga happen. At the end of the day, I was a bit irritated on the 23 and 24 since I weren't able to get my daily reward and do some racing. But it is a game, and I have no bad feelings towards the people behind it at all. Hoping it will get fixed though! :)

Don't blame those who speak the truth, blame the developer who chose this stupid decision in the first place. Online-saving was clearly going to be an issue in the future, and here it is.

Honestly, did you (and anyone with this type of thinking) really expect anyone to not react negatively about this as it's very concerning whether they should buy GTS now after this? If so, that is ridiculous.

To think I wanted to buy GTS later in the future....not sure if I should after this issue pledging on the game now...

I guess my frustration is based on the fact that I and many of you are held to such a high standard at our jobs. I'd expect the companies I deal with to have high standards as well.

Reading some of the posts here..., PD must have some of the most spoiled fan base in the industry, it's like those days in the month moment...The game has been down for like a day now. Play something else, do something else, read a book, go out, go for a ride..

The classic “people are spoiled for complaining that a product they payed for isn’t working” posts. :rolleyes:

It doesn’t matter if the game was down for an hour; people should be able to play it whenever they want to. This was never an issue in the past with any GT game, so why is it now?

Logged in fine, but now PSN can't redeem codes, so I can't jump on the January sale. Gutted DC isn't reduced, though.

Reading some of the posts here..., PD must have some of the most spoiled fan base in the industry, it's like those days in the month moment...The game has been down for like a day now. Play something else, do something else, read a book, go out, go for a ride..
I'm sorry, SPOILED now? Over a legit issue? The excuses people on this board make is already ridiculous so I won't even bother...

The classic “people are spoiled for complaining that a product they payed for isn’t working” posts. :rolleyes:

It doesn’t matter if the game was down for an hour; people should be able to play it whenever they want to. This was never an issue in the past with any GT game, so why is it now?
Because online focus is hard it seems. Especially hard when the PSN servers mistake your legit traffic as a DDOS attack, then you get all the blame :D honestly, it's the nature of the beast with online games, the game is reliant on constantly running hardware outside of your console. I sympathise greatly with PD here. One of those once in a blue moon things but now its happened it can be resolved, permanently.

I see some of the members got offended.
Remember when psn was down for 3 weeks back in 2011? Imagine what kind of hissy fit would some of fhe gt fans have if that happend today? It is an online oriented GAME, down time is expected.

I live in Sweden and would happily join any class action to let these corporate bullies understand that the customer should come first.
Corporate bullies now? Good grief, this planet is full of some very sorry people. Thank God some of you real bullies aren't my neighbors.

For the rest of you better, not bitter folks, Merry Christmas! :cheers:

Back