[NE-21194400] Error

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Spongeinside, Dec 23, 2017.

1. MistaHalfBits

MistaHalfBits

Hope y’all are enjoying GTS! ^.^

user3392345 likes this.
  2. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

I gave up trying to avoid losing today's progress and pressing the "Reconnect" button like they said, despite PSN working just fine.

Rebooted the PS4 and everything suddenly worked for GTS.

Next time, I'll just reboot

3. bremics

bremics

Apparently I'm getting GTS for Christmas, this thread is really helping me keep my interest low with this game even for free.

Tajima, MaxJP and fikridroid like this.
  4. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Even the offical GT website is now down, what the heck just happened?

skydragon49 and fikridroid like this.
  5. Marky264

Marky264

DdOS Attack perhaps?

Tenacious D, Jamie Bbbbb and IngRobNy like this.
  6. fikridroid

fikridroid

True, shows http error 503 for me lol

7. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

About four hours ago we began to recover with the cooperation of the PSN team in North America. The traffic of many GT users seems to have been misunderstood as an attack on PSN.

Google translation.

8. pudge

pudge

Wow.

9. jagenigma

jagenigma

it seems that the booming popularity of the game's new update was the game's undoing.

fikridroid likes this.
  10. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

The official GT Website is now accessible. I tried going to the site and accessed it online with no problem.

11. bdj57

bdj57

:tup:

Screenshot_20171225-115418.jpg

Also, Merry Christmas! :cheers: Wish you all have nice holidays! :D

12. Mike19801129

Mike19801129

Good morning to everyone. A very good morning indeed.

Tenacious D, perja55 and IngRobNy like this.
  13. Nick Skyline

Nick Skyline

'Twas the night before Christmas,
    and all through the house,
    not a creature was stirring,
    except Gran Turismo Sport, which I got to go online at quarter after one at night. :cheers:

Hope the rest of you can get online soon, it was down nearly 34 hours on my end.

I think this thread will serve as a reminder of what can go wrong with any game that has an online-only save function, mainly that you can't play it with other people or make any progress when the servers get borked and the devs have to fix them. I find the inability to progress offline - especially in situations where things like this happen - almost as bad as the pay-to-win lootboxes and microtransactions that are trying to infest other new games (IMO, nothing will ever be worse than that).

I love this game and PD for their plans to continue supporting it in the coming months, but this situation that GTS's playerbase got put into is utter :censored:. There's no other way to put it. :grumpy:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    torque99 and fikridroid like this.
  14. EbrahimOsman

EbrahimOsman

Poor server admin and planning if you ask me. Surely there is a whitelist of servers that can communicate with PSN instead of thinking it's a DDOS attack

15. MaxJP

MaxJP

It's an amazing game when it works and they just need to figure out the bugs. Stuff happens so don' g your hype up on the game.

MistaHalfBits likes this.
  16. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

Just had a couple races since I couldn't sleep. Server is working normally for me. (UK)

17. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

I was right!

Tenacious D and flamefire69 like this.
  18. Sphyco32

Sphyco32

Eventually.... Just got up now an put gts on and it's working ;) (South africa) Merry Christmas to all and have a awsome day :cheers:

perja55 and Rotorist like this.
  19. TomBrady

TomBrady

GT Sport isn't an always online game, but things like this is EXACTLY why always online games are the absolute worse thing going on in gaming these days.

People might whine, but look at it this way, if this was the Crew or NFS (2015), we wouldn't be able to play AT ALL. Not just unable to save progress, but completely unable to play altogether. That's the difference between GT Sport and an always online game.

20. eDirtyTati

eDirtyTati

Even if it were always online and we weren't able to play at all this weekend, I would STILL take that over playing with a bunch of modded cheaters. That's my take.

21. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

Modders, Hackers, and Cheaters are always part of a online game, someone will find something out that is for sure about how to exploit the game and the console soon.

Always Online games though does have it's Pros and Cons (mostly cons) depending on the game.

Like this, you can't save, only once the servers are up and running during offline play.

Tenacious D and bremics like this.
  22. shaunus

shaunus

So it was PSN with a false positive DDOS not anything at Polyphony all the time? Someone at Sony is going to get SUCH a dressing down for such a dumb error..

23. thefraggle

thefraggle

Your extra bits you will get anyway. A refund? No chance. Your shouting at someone and it isn't their fault.

TomBrady and Tenacious D like this.
  24. Nando deBem

Nando deBem

That’s not a certainty. Maybe there was something wrong with how GT Sports services were communicating with PSN. That’s just an example, but they could be requesting for the same information to PSN over and over again, because they were not using a shared cache system.
    I’m not saying that’s what happened, but it’s easy to assume things and point fingers. The problem is, there are an “infinity” of ways to achieve the same behaviour, and we probably will never know exactly what happened.
    That said, rest assured, they will fix this problem and it will be dealt according to their processes.

Tenacious D and fikridroid like this.
  25. usernamed

usernamed

Anyone else still can’t connect to GT servers? I don’t want to lose my progress :nervous:

26. shaunus

shaunus

Fair point, could be something in the calling code, but PSN have very rigid standards for client apps and they test a LOT, so it seems more likely to be PSN end than client.. the fact it worked till the bump at christmas especially.

Of course it is complex (and not available info to us) and will be resolved sensibly internally. But something that probably cost them a LOT of money in returns/bad publicity is going to get someone a severe kick up the ass.

27. Xintar

Xintar

28. superdowg316

superdowg316

So we were half right. The traffic was the cause, but the issue was funny in that they had so many people log onto the game that they thought it was a DDos. You can’t write that stuff up.

29. thefraggle

thefraggle

Just saw this......

Attached Files:

30. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

So, anti DDos attacks became Skynet?