Need For Speed: No Limits (Mobile Exclusive)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 1,066 comments

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
need-for-speed-no-limits.jpg

Developer: Firemonkeys
Publisher: EA
Release Date: 2015
Platforms: iOS and Android

Free to play and supports microtransactions.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm wondering how they're going to implement micro-transactions and such. Just hope they don't hide everything behind pay-walls.

I'm surprised no one has picked up on the customised cars we have here. We also have partnerships with Hoonigan and Speedhunters, two of the major names on the street scene.

I think we can see where NFS2015 is going, people.

Let alone, we don't know if No Limits is paid or freemium yet. Micro-transactions are likely since Firemonkeys' last NFS mobile game, Most Wanted 2012, featured micro-transactions and the game is a paid purchase.

Oh no, a FREE TO PLAY game by EA on MOBILE! I think I know where this is going.

Intro: £1.99
First Car: £3.99
Bodykit: £5.99
Turbo: £7.99
Porsche: £12.99
Energy for races: £1.99 per race
Ford Mustang with Ken Block Livery: £15.99
McLaren P1: £29.99

Mark my words. This will empty everyones wallet.
If you do get this game DO NOT BUY MICROTRANSACTIONS!

New image
B4eH_mzIcAAmwhq.png

Customisation looks pretty extensive (as the costs associated with the game are likely to be)
Is it just me or is this game going for a rally vibe? I mean, Ken Block, Ford Fiesta WRC it all seem kinda rally focused

Is it just me or is this game going for a rally vibe? I mean, Ken Block, Ford Fiesta WRC it all seem kinda rally focused

Just a Ken Block focus more like.

Gymkhana-3-Ken-Block.jpg

Looks like the Gymkhana 3 Fiesta. Nothing WRC on that car at all. And that widebody ducktail Mustang sure doesn't look like a rally car to me. :dopey:

Reckon cars will have a lot of 'inspired' upgrades. That RX7 in the promotional art with the exposed air filter smacks of Mad Mike's Madbul

madbul.jpg

B25Kq-8IEAE3-vE.png:large

...who himself is no stranger to NFS.

02-09-11_SPEEDHUNTERS_MADMIKE_RX8_56_PS_WM.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't think we're going to get any actual customization. What I'm thinking of are pre-made body kits and livery combos.
Gt could use some, specially the latter.
Shame nfs lost its spirit, really loved the first installations.

Just a Ken Block focus more like.

Gymkhana-3-Ken-Block.jpg

Looks like the Gymkhana 3 Fiesta. Nothing WRC on that car at all. And that widebody ducktail Mustang sure doesn't look like a rally car to me. :dopey:

Reckon cars will have a lot of 'inspired' upgrades. That RX7 in the promotional art with the exposed air filter smacks of Mad Mike's Madbul

madbul.jpg

B25Kq-8IEAE3-vE.png:large

...who himself is no stranger to NFS.

02-09-11_SPEEDHUNTERS_MADMIKE_RX8_56_PS_WM.jpg
I don't like that NFS is putting real race drivers into games, it changes it from a street racing game to a track driving game. These bodykits all look inspired from a race driver featured in NFS before when I want my own look on my car. I don't want a stupid exposed airfilter on my RX-7

I'm surprised no one has picked up on the customised cars we have here. We also have partnerships with Hoonigan and Speedhunters, two of the major names on the street scene.

I think we can see where NFS2015 is going, people.
Need for Speed: Run to RICEtown, bro! 2015 release endorsed by bad haircuts, Monster energy, awful bodykits and speedhunters.

"10/10 Vtek kicked in y'all"- IGN

Yeah, that or wait 10 hours between doing one simple thing! I wish the mircotransactions thing would just die, just let people buy a complete mobile game for a reasonable price!
I don't mind them on mobile games I just want them to go on console. I'm sick of these microtransactions making good games worse due to the fact that you have to either grind many hours or pay real money, above the £50 you paid for the game in the first place! I'd be enjoying GTA Online so much more if there was no "Shark Cards". If NFS 2015 has micro transactions I'm not buying it

Microtransactions aren't always a bad thing, but it certainly is a bad thing if people don't want to shell out real cash into in-game cash that can easily be wasted. I grinded the 🤬 out of Asphalt 8 once and then gave up.

I don't mind them on mobile games I just want them to go on console. I'm sick of these microtransactions making good games worse due to the fact that you have to either grind many hours or pay real money, above the £50 you paid for the game in the first place! I'd be enjoying GTA Online so much more if there was no "Shark Cards". If NFS 2015 has micro transactions I'm not buying it

It's not so bad if whatever you could use with $$ could be unlocked for coins or other in game whatever, so it balances out where yes you could spend money to get it right now or just play the game normal and unlock it later. But what do I know.

It's not so bad if whatever you could use with $$ could be unlocked for coins or other in game whatever, so it balances out where yes you could spend money to get it right now or just play the game normal and unlock it later. But what do I know.

Considering how time-savers packs were formerly known as cheat codes, moving from a feature that was free to now being paid for highlights how micro-transactions in console gaming is becoming more prominent nowadays. It may not be bad now but if people keep paying to speed up progress, it would be increasingly difficult for those not willing to invest any more money to be competitive, leading to a pay-to-win structure in future console games.

Considering how time-savers packs were formerly known as cheat codes, moving from a feature that was free to now being paid for highlights how micro-transactions in console gaming is becoming more prominent nowadays. It may not be bad now but if people keep paying to speed up progress, it would be increasingly difficult for those not willing to invest any more money to be competitive, leading to a pay-to-win structure in future console games.

Not really. If they can incorporate things like a room filter for each level or certain car or something like that, or can be unlocked at any level in SP and still have to earn rank to unlock in MP would greatly make it more balanced.

upload_2015-1-5_17-4-15.png

Abuse of the great livery, as usual.

It also seems it's closer to the older Need For Speeds (MW2005, UG2). Look, no supercars were shown, R32, ridiculous bodykits, etc. The song in the video is from ProStreet. Just don't remember what it's called though.

Back