Need For Speed Payback General Discussion

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 1,566 comments
Little progress update:

Finished League 73 and Graveyard Shift and completed the first heist. Now I'm in the city starting some Runner missions. I'll probably need practice in the Drag races though.

Also, got the Cuda :)

I have always played most NFS games using the hood camera, but for 2015 and Payback I've used the 3rd person camera just fine. It would be cool for them to add a cockpit camera, but it's not a game-breaker for me. As shown in that video, there has always been a way to mod the game for it, but I've never bothered.

@ GTvsForza : How are you playing through the missions? I wanted to drag the game out as long as possible so I'm jumping from one type of mission to the other after each event. So I'll do a drag race, then off-road, then race, then runner, etc.. so I end up finishing up each mission around the same time. Gives me more of a sense that all of these things are going on simultaneously with the different characters.

Anyone remember the interior discussion, by any chance?
3ts03qon.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Need_For_Speed_5_08.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

unknown.png

And in some cases moments of clipping apparently

Granted, a lack of interior views is far from Payback's biggest problem

I keep trying to forget how awful the ford gt90 interior is... SO MUCH BLUE

I believe it was confirmed via either Twitter or Reddit that they are skipping any updates for April because the next update is bigger than the previous. It's being speculated that the next update will be the biggest one yet, but I don't know if that was what the Ghost employee actually said or not.

Ah! Very cool! It'll come at the right time - this past week is the first one where I've noticed a drastic reduction of interest in the game (based on online discussions.)

Ho Hum. Plenty still to do until then (work on decals, car collection, completeness). Not to mention some other games.
Ah! Very cool! It'll come at the right time - this past week is the first one where I've noticed a drastic reduction of interest in the game (based on online discussions.)

I seem to be missing something, inspite of looking, but what news do you have on the next possible DLC?

Ho Hum. Plenty still to do until then (work on decals, car collection, completeness). Not to mention some other games.

I seem to be missing something, inspite of looking, but what news do you have on the next possible DLC?

See posts #1265 and 1266

I personally saw the info on a Youtube video screenshot capturing the post from F8RGE (which is/used to be Ben's account at Ghost Games), I just couldn't remember which social media platform it was found on.

Last edited:
See posts #1265 and 1266

I personally saw the info on a Youtube video screenshot capturing the post from F8RGE (which is/used to be Ben's account at Ghost Games), I just couldn't remember which social media platform it was found on.

Found it

Thanks Clean Cut :)

^^^ Yeah I'm with you FT-1. Personally I think this will be the last update, and the biggest one.

I agree to a certain extent. It will probably be the last update that features new content, but if it is going to be as big as we are expecting, something is bound to go wrong and a little update should be released afterwards to resolve any issues.

And given how the UTH article is going to be posted more than a week before release, we should expect some paid content to feature in the update (you know, so people can get their wallets ready! :sly:)

It's official - We'll be getting information (which may or man not include the update) this week:

Edit: make that tomorrow
Screenshot_20180528-111927.png

Last edited:
Alright. We have a new Under The Hood article detailing the June update. Here's what's going on:

• You can create your own races in AllDrive and invite the lobby to participate
  • ALL cars can reach Level 399
  • Paid DLC car pack with the Giulia Quadrifoglio, Colorado ZR2 and Range Rover Sport SVR
  • You can now select emotes in AllDrive to express your mood
  • All cars in Speedlist races will now be ghosted for the first 10 seconds
  • Street League boss cars will now be found as abandoned vehicles, one per week
  • Can now toggle the HUD on and off
  • Police sirens and multicolor underglow added to vanity items
  • New wheels from Fifteen52, 3SDM and HRE
The update will be arriving June 19th.

Under The Hood: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/news/june-2018-update

FINALLY!! The Giulia!! Wooohoooo! Best part of the update for me personally.

I'm also happy about the new rims and increased wrap limit.

The additional abandoned cars is also really great - nice that it isn't just the new street league cars but also mentions "some iconic NFS cars" - so we might see some famous cars from previous games as well.

Now for what I'm disappointed we don't get:

No Lamborghini Urus for an off-roader.
Sirens are cool, but I'd rather have police lights and bull bars and such.
They still badly need to add tons of vinyl decals that were in 2015.
But most importantly IMO, I wish they fixed the wheel stance issues and improper wheel/tire width issues with several wheels.

But there's still hope - I was really expecting an Under the Hood that said something about this being the "final" update. Was no indication of that however.

So they finally realised that randomly picking a bunch of cars to be limited to a certain performance level makes no sense in a game where logic is constantly thrown out the window, namely how a Beetle can be tuned to be a threat to hypercars - solely because you found it as a wreck? Good.

The cop sirens do sound like they could be used in many creative ways (if enough people could be bothered), but.. we all know how they - and, by extension, the online aspect as a whole - are going to end up.

As for the abandoned "iconic" NFS vehicles.. even though they didn't mention any numbers, I'm fairly certain literally everybody knows what they are and it's a reasonable assumption that anyone bothered already have them as a wrap. Anything other than that would be a surprise.

So they finally realised that randomly picking a bunch of cars to be limited to a certain performance level makes no sense in a game where logic is constantly thrown out the window, namely how a Beetle can be tuned to be a threat to hypercars - solely because you found it as a wreck? Good.

I mean, you can mod plenty of cars to eventually compete with hypercars, right?

As for the abandoned "iconic" NFS vehicles.. even though they didn't mention any numbers, I'm fairly certain literally everybody knows what they are and it's a reasonable assumption that anyone bothered already have them as a wrap. Anything other than that would be a surprise.

Yeah. But this way, it can be a bit more "official," especially if someone gets some details off in making a community wrap. But I do wonder what else there could be other than a few cars from Carbon/MW2005 - though I am a little curious regarding the ten gang leader cars.

Otherwise, I think I'll see if there's a way to nab this game for $20 at most, perhaps a version including the SpeedCross DLC. I think I could also live without the DLC cars introduced thus far, though I also wanna wait for a "Premium Edition" this fall. Yeah, I get there's the whole lootbox SNAFU and I don't like it either, but I wanna see it for myself, if only to have something to remember this lootbox SNAFU by. It's like having a part of a broader trainwreck.

Back