Need For Speed Payback General Discussion

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 1,566 comments
Yeah I just read that earlier today. That's supposed to be released tomorrow, right?

I'm glad I'm not too far into the story yet, as now I can basically use any car of my choosing. I'm barely peaking into the races that require about 220-250.

That's what we get tomorrow. When tomorrow I don't know, but when the servers start lagging and crashing, you'll know it's dropped :)

That's what we get tomorrow. When tomorrow I don't know, but when the servers start lagging and crashing, you'll know it's dropped :)
Cool, thanks for the help.

Also, when does the abandoned cars reset each week? I got the Amazon on Friday, so just wondering when I can expect the next to drop.

Cool, thanks for the help.

Also, when does the abandoned cars reset each week? I got the Amazon on Friday, so just wondering when I can expect the next to drop.

Everything happens tomorrow (abandoned cars every Tuesday).

According to the patch notes provided by Nellie

Adjusted pins so boss and seasonal abandoned cars can be distinguished from regular ol’ abandoned cars.

Fresh Abandoned Cars: All 10 Street League Boss Vehicles

Show everyone you’re the boss when you collect the cars of every street league leader, plus some iconic Need for Speed rides. Based on your feedback we'll be dropping one car per week into the deserted parts of Fortune Valley, so keep your eyes peeled!

Also Here is a list of the leagues (click on them for the league and boss info)
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/street-leagues

Some of the vehicles to be found are going to make completing collections very easy (Natalia Nova has a Pagani worth over a Million)

Here's a list of all the boss cars

Holtzman-C10-Offroad
Natalia Nova-Pagani Huayra-Race
Vasilev-R35 GTR-Drag
Kimura-Silvia-Drift
Faith Jones-Raptor-Off Road
Gallo-911RSR-Race
Underground Soldier-R32 GTR-Drift
Big Sis- Ford Mustang- Drag
Udo Roth- Subaru- Off Road
La Catrina - 240Z- Race

P.S those just starting, look out for the RSR Porsche and the Pagani. RSR is one of the fastest and most modifiable cars when fully tuned and the Pagani is the most expensive. If you can get it to mark it off your list, it's one less million pound car you need to obtaun for a full garage. other ones of note are theMustang, 240z and C10 which are otherwise found as derelicts. pinching those cars will give you a complete car to try, but won't unlock the cars for the showroom. You still need to find the derelict parts. You can however spec the derelect for a different category from the equivelant boss car, so that's one less superbuild you need for the set.

Last edited:
From the patch notes:

• The preview image of the 2008 Ford Crown Victoria CVPI went into hiding, but we found it.
  • Fixed an issue that kept the "Air Suspension" vanity item on the 2008 Ford Crown Victoria CVPI from working when the player presses [LS] to stop the engine.
What are they talking about? The 2008 Crown Vic is not a playable car without modding. What am I missing here?

From the patch notes:

• The preview image of the 2008 Ford Crown Victoria CVPI went into hiding, but we found it.
  • Fixed an issue that kept the "Air Suspension" vanity item on the 2008 Ford Crown Victoria CVPI from working when the player presses [LS] to stop the engine.
What are they talking about? The 2008 Crown Vic is not a playable car without modding. What am I missing here?

Also...

• A gap between Mansory front fenders and bumpers on the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Coupe 2017 has been removed.

My best guess is that these are upcoming abandoned cars? I'd be all over that C63 Coupe! :drool:

Good shout. Which Iconic Rides could those cars be (Crown Vic is pretty obvious).

This is a huge stretch, but perhaps the C63 AMG could be a modernised version of Kaze's CLK 500 (Most Wanted Blacklist #8).

I can see the possibility

mansory_amg_c63_5.jpg
(with mansory kit)

2a4a9854-fb9a-493c-986d-32f3c75793f7.jpg

What other iconic cars would be worth having. We've Eddies Skyline, Possibly Kaze's Merc (must be a license deal there somewhere) and possibly a bit of cop comedy with the crown vic (aren't we getting sirens as well) so how far could/should Ghost go. I want El Nino.

latest

Can you name at least one 'legendary' car from each NFS Game?

Last edited:

From Underground onwards, I can imagine at least one car:

[*]Underground: Eddie's Skyline
[*]Underground 2: Rachel's 350Z
[*]Most Wanted: Protagonist's M3 GTR
[*]Carbon: Darius' Audi R8
[*]ProStreet: Ryo's Evo X
[*]Undercover: Porsche 911 GT2 (cover car)
[*]Shift: BMW M3 GT2 (cover car)
[*]Hot Pursuit 2010: Pagani Zonda (cover car)
[*]Shift 2 Unleashed: Mustang RTR-X
[*]The Run: Shelby GT500
[*]Most Wanted 2012: Hennessey Venom
[*]Rivals: Ferrari F12
[*]2015: Subaru BRZ with Rocket Bunny kit
[*]Payback: Tyler's Skyline​

RnTPTNFS: Lamborghini Diablo VT (if Ferrari was here I can imagine the 512TR.)
NFSII: McLaren F1 (similar to above F50)
NFSIII: HP: Lamborghini Diablo SV
NFSHS: Porsche 911 Turbo (993) (Again similar to TNFS and NFSII, Ferrari 550 Maranello)
NFSPU: Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
NFSHP2: Lamborghini Murcielago

If Motor City Online counts, then add the Mustang Boss as well.

Downloading 2,69GB... :)

For some reason it is 7.4GB on Xbox? :confused:

Anyway, I'm downloading it now. All 3 DLC cars cost £3.99 which I suppose is very reasonable considering the DB5 and Trans Am bundle was the same price.

..... So.... the only problem I have with assuming that the Crown Vic and C63 are going to be included.... why wouldn't they be announced as a new vehicle like the other 3? Same goes for several of the boss cars that have been listed. Some of those vehicles aren't in the game currently. Ryo's Evo X is just one example. While I hope you all are correct, what seems much more likely to me is getting boss cars based on the current car roster but with wraps that match the originals.

I just installed the update on my Xbox.
Unfortunately, it won't let me resume the game. I can sign in and go through the menus after that, but I just get the loading screen trying to resume back to driving.
Obviously I've tried restarting the game and console, etc.

Some of those vehicles aren't in the game currently. Ryo's Evo X is just one example. While I hope you all are correct, what seems much more likely to me is getting boss cars based on the current car roster but with wraps that match the originals.

While it would be nice to have the exact models of the past boss cars, most of them will end up being existing cars with a special wrap. I can imagine Ryo's wrap being on an Evo 8 and Darius' design on the R8 V10 Plus for instance.

While it would be nice to have the exact models of the past boss cars, most of them will end up being existing cars with a special wrap. I can imagine Ryo's wrap being on an Evo 8 and Darius' design on the R8 V10 Plus for instance.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Dang the R8 has been around a loooonnng time more or less unchanged hasn't it? New cars as a surprise would be nice, but either way I'm just looking forward to having a reason to do the abandoned car missions again.

Had a spin in the Giulia with 1000+hp and out of the box settings. It was a runner build and it seemed a car that wants to be driven. It seems happiest to keep up to you than telling you what it wants. A car that want's to be loved, a car that wants to love you. A sweet and sexy little beast when unmolested by some pretty brutal customisation (a kinky little bitch otherwise ;) :))

Now that every car can be upgraded to LV399, does anyone know what the horsepower for the BMW M3 E46 is when fully upgraded?

Back