Need for Speed: Rivals

How did you find that pic? I searched on their Facebook page and can't find it.

Need for Speed: Rivals is rumoured to make a presence at today's Xbox event.

Last edited:
Let's see what Ghost will deliver us. Criterion disappointed me with their Most Wanted last year. The RUN was something new and okay, but too short.

The RUN was something new and okay, but too short.
Agreed. Amazing game but left no room at all for replay value or fun multiplayer experience. The tracks for racing were very meh. Only two locations were good.

Nooooo, I wanted Underground 3 dammit!

When is EA going to remake one of their most popular series?
I truly though that they were going with UG3. Uggghh!

I don't think they're going to push ahead with Underground 3. With all the fans asking for it, if they were going to do it, they would've done it a long time ago. I think everyone is past all the fancy customization. Even Fast & Furious, the series that probably started it all, has moved on from underglow neons, wild graphics and cheap import tuners.

I don't think they're going to push ahead with Underground 3. With all the fans asking for it, if they were going to do it, they would've done it a long time ago. I think everyone is past all the fancy customization. Even Fast & Furious, the series that probably started it all, has moved on from underglow neons, wild graphics and cheap import tuners.

^This. Looking back at it all it seems a bit childish and sad running around in a riced-out Pug 106. :yuck:

I would like to see something like HD remake of NFS 4.

On my YouTube channel, there is a walkthrough about the fourth installment of NFS (High Stakes).

Agreed. Amazing game but left no room at all for replay value or fun multiplayer experience. The tracks for racing were very meh. Only two locations were good.

The replay feature was removed after Underground 2 and then returned on Shift 1 & 2. It's sad but if it would have remained on the other NFS Series, it would be great advertisement for EA, since people could make some cool replay montages of each game...

943265_10152875084545298_1880591717_n.jpg

Heheheheheheheh...

I see your point but business wise, it would sell. Underground 3 doesn't have to be about Ricing, fat and furious has changed but so has the tuning import seen. Car shows show this, some amazing customs all over the place but also high powered machines. Ricing is basically eBay tuning on a budget. I've seen a lush supercharge TypeR next to horridly body kitted 1.4 civic. The game is what you make it. Adding body kits and neons wouldn't make it rice, footwell neons (or Led strips/ Fibre optic tubing) are still around, hydraulics are still around, chromes are still around, tints, body kits, nos purging....not so much. Lambo doors............ Well one of the best show cars i've seen this year had scissor doors.

Also, Ferrari is back....... Hot pursuit missed them. But if they've bought or Traded licenses. Could PD have acquired Porsche??? Maybe Ferrari Unleashed (to rival Porsche unleashed?)

Heh, look what manufacturer grew up and stop throwing their hissy-fit Spoil-t :sly:
Yes, my mind is blown right now. When I see actual game footage with the Ferrari I'll die from shock.

Ferrari probably reads this forum & saw us ripping them a new one about not being in NFS & signed a deal with EA to spite us. :lol:

Yes, my mind is blown right now. When I see actual game footage with the Ferrari I'll die from shock.

Ferrari probably reads this forum & saw us ripping them a new one about not being in NFS & signed a deal with EA to spite us. :lol:

Have you seen the other thread (Mw2012) with the N4s Police Agera on the Aussie FBook Page. Looks sicks. Anyone checked the other countries N4S Fbook pages????

I see your point but business wise, it would sell. Underground 3 doesn't have to be about Ricing, fat and furious has changed but so has the tuning import seen. Car shows show this, some amazing customs all over the place but also high powered machines. Ricing is basically eBay tuning on a budget. I've seen a lush supercharge TypeR next to horridly body kitted 1.4 civic. The game is what you make it. Adding body kits and neons wouldn't make it rice, footwell neons (or Led strips/ Fibre optic tubing) are still around, hydraulics are still around, chromes are still around, tints, body kits, nos purging....not so much. Lambo doors............ Well one of the best show cars i've seen this year had scissor doors.

Also, Ferrari is back....... Hot pursuit missed them. But if they've bought or Traded licenses. Could PD have acquired Porsche??? Maybe Ferrari Unleashed (to rival Porsche unleashed?)

Pretty sure MS had the license for Ferrari (on Xbox), EA have the license for Porsche. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Well we will have to wait till tomorrow because we will find out more about this mysterious NFS with Koenigsegg Police Cars and the long awaited Ferrari's

PD had alot of ferraris plus Ferrari F1s, think its more in PDs court.

It's not. The reason they never included Ferrari's was because of MS, the one dlc that had ferrari's was Xbox exclusive because Microsoft have something to do with Ferrari on Xbox and PC. (I'm going off memory at this point tbf)
EA and Microsoft are in some kind of partnership now and for the first time in an age a Ferrari appears in NFS.
EA getting Ferrari at the same time as joining up with Microsoft is a tad revealing here too in my eyes.

EA & Ferrari had bad blood ever since Hot Pursuit 2. It seems one side finally grew up & made up which has nothing to do with M$. EA will never D ride M$ hell DICE nicely told M$ to shove it when they went to them trying to get KINECT features added for BF4.

Last edited:
And lets all hope EA showcases it on the PS4 because Sony made a deal quick so they can one up M$ with a cactus to the a-hole.

To remind you all: If Need for Speed: Rivals is announced and if I'm a tad late to change it to the appropriate title, I have made it clear that no one jumps the gun on making a new thread.

Last edited:
Need For Speed Rivals

IGN
EA has announced Need for Speed Rivals for current generation platforms as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game is being developed by Swedish-based Ghost Games (formerly EA Gothenburg) in collaboration with current franchise stewards Criterion Games.

Running on Frostbite 3, Need for Speed Rivals sounds very much in sync with the cops versus racers shtick Criterion has found success with since its own reboot of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit back in 2010.

At the core of Need for Speed Rivals, however, is something Ghost Games is dubbing AllDrive. AllDrive is a feature that will allow gamers to seamlessly transition from playing alone to playing with friends, removing the distinction between single-player and multiplayer. Even while playing through the game’s single-player progression, players and their friends can come across one another and instantly become part of each other’s game.

Ghost Games also declared that Need for Speed Rivals will see the return of Ferrari to the Need for Speed franchise for the first time in seven years, citing the new F12berlinetta as one of the Fezzas that will feature.

Need for Speed Rivals will hit current generation platforms on November 19, 2013. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are promised “later this year.”

It was revealed in October 2012 that Ghost Games was hiring for a Need for Speed game.

Check back later for our interview with DICE veteran Marcus Nilsson, executive producer for Need for Speed Rivals at Ghost Games.

Whoa! Ferrari is back!

xrivals2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vuZMJHm9Rh.jpg

Joystiq
Need for Speed Rivals transports players to the fictitious Redview County, an open-world environment where players can take on the role as either street racer or police officer. Like Most Wanted before it, racers aim to become the most infamous person behind the wheel, while cops attempt to work together to drive the area's high-risk inhabitants off the road. Players can personalize the experience with custom license plates, paint, liveries decals and rims, and performance upgrades.

Current-generation consoles will also join the rivalry – powered by its own version of Frostbite 3 – on November 19. Though it was not mentioned in the press release announcing Need for Speed Rivals, Ghost Games executive producer Marcus Nilsson confirmed to Joystiq a PC version is also in the works. No release date for that version was revealed. Beyond ushering in another installment of the racing series, Ghost and Criterion's mission is to put Frostbite 3's next-gen ability on center stage – an engine not built from the ground up, but an enhanced iteration of DICE's previous platform.

"What's really great with the Frostbite 3 framework is that it's really scalable," Nilsson said of the engine's ability to perform on current-generation consoles. "Battlefield 3 was built on Frostbite 2, but with really high capabilities. Going to Frostbite 3, it's not like it's a brand new engine. We've been developing that engine," Nilsson adds. Noting how EA's latest internal engine of choice has become an iterative component throughout development, Nilsson added his team has "had an engine from day one to start building upon."

Utilizing an evolved engine is "very essential to having to build the high-quality games that people see," Nilsson said, because "it takes less time to use this engine, for instance, than it took to use Frostbite 1 or Frostbite 2."

Criterion's social tracking system Autolog returns for Rivals, though Nilsson revealed the teams have decided to "move it back a notch," saying it was maybe taken "a little too far" by comparing too many elements in Need for Speed Most Wanted. "There's also great possibilities through Autolog to build something far bigger than what we've seen [in Most Wanted and NFS: Hot Pursuit]," the executive producer teased.

Edit: Nevermind. Game details above.

I wonder if there's any catch to the Ferrari deal. And will EA bother with a tie-in game to the movie next year?

Just released the name and date 11.19.13

Facebook Image

970217_10152877063080298_570952454_n.jpg

And teaser video

[quote="Key Features]ONLY WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER: Organize the chaos and raise the stakes of your rival racers with the Ultimate Cop Pack. Get exclusive access to the powerful collection, including the Nissan GT-R Black Edition Cop car, advanced pursuit tech, and custom livery to personalize your pursuit vehicle. Dominate and take down Racers and own the action-packed streets of Redview County on day one by pre-ordering today.

Risk Everything, Trust No One

Welcome to Redview County, where a street-racing rivalry between Cops and Racers never stops as both sides push the limits in an all-out media war.

Key Features:

• All-Drive
: Seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. Singleplayer is no longer isolated from the multiplayer game. There are no lobbies, no waiting; everything is continuous. You and your friends can all share the same game, same race, same chase. Paths cross and experiences merge: imagine your race and your friend’s pursuit colliding creating a world where no two events will ever feel the same.
• High-Stakes Rivalry: Defeat your rivals in a world where high speeds are just the beginning of what’s at risk. Racers are lone wolves out for their own glory; driving agile cars built for high speed racing and epic chases. Cops work in teams to hunt down and bust racers using the full power of the police force. Switch roles whenever you like, and watch the stakes grow through a new scoring system that puts your speed points on the line letting you push how far you’ll go, for greater rewards.
• Next-Gen Racing: Experience speed that you can truly feel in the fastest racing game around, powered by the Frostbite 3 engine. Every detail of the game world is rendered in stunning, high definition, next generation graphics, while weather conditions constantly change as you race and chase in snow, hail, rain, dust storms and heavy fog.
• Your Car, Your Identity: Personalize your cars with performance and style modifications. Power up your car with the latest upgrades in pursuit technology and personalize your bodywork with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your car to the world. You can save different configurations and keep a variety of car packages on alert to leave your mark no matter the situation.
• Pursuit and Evasion Technology: Use the latest pursuit tech and modifications to change your pursuit or escape strategy on the fly. Racers evade cops using tech such as turbos bursts, jammers and electromagnetic pulses. Cops will be armed for aggressive busts, deploying shockwaves, spikestrips, and calling in police roadblocks or helicopter support. Every competitive edge counts so outfit your car to suit your type of driving and claim victory over your rivals.[/quote]

Last edited:
Back