Need for Speed: Rivals

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by Need4Speed685, Mar 19, 2013.

1. I'm liking this new logo. Nice to have a change from this current typeface.

Didn't you read TJ's post? You can customize your car apparently.

2. Samus

Samus

Same old garbage by the looks of it.

3. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Customisation will unlikely be at the levels that fans of the old Underground games want. With a shift towards high performance exotics, its doubtful that the days of throwing nitro, spinners, scissor doors, neon and split opening hoods on your JDM or USDM cars will ever return.

In regards to the teaser trailer, the Frostbite 3 engine looks to promise great graphics (especially on the next gen platforms) and it looks like the handling mechanics are improved from Hot Pursuit 2010 despite looking similar will provide some solid gameplay.

I'm looking forward to the full reveal.

4. Which is a good thing... would be good to have a basic livery editor at least, that's what it hints at.

5. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Stop posting nonsensical drivel like this. Grow up.

6. skylineeddie

skylineeddie

We got the F12, Vanquish, 911 Turbo and the Agera R so far confirmed.

Calling it now, the P1 and LaFerrari get added at E3.

7. skylineeddie

skylineeddie

8. MXH

MXH Premium

As of now - Meh, no thanks. Was hoping for something new.

9. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I want this game! O_O

Ferrari is back in NFS, feels great. :)

10. GTRufus

GTRufus

Same here...

11. No bad thing.

Moar pictures

Aston Martin Vanquish (2012)
    [​IMG]

Porsche 911 GT3 (991)
    [​IMG]

12. BKGlover

BKGlover

Two pics and half a video, and it's already awesome/total crap? Really folks? If this keeps up, we'll be judging the next game just by the announcement it's in development.

13. Brend

Brend Premium

Looks like the same game I've played for a while now.

14. priesty_lfc

priesty_lfc

Na not really!

The Underground games were cool cause they used 'normal' cars, being able to add parts to my Focus was cool, since then they always have the same super cars which although there ok every game has them.

15. Yes but... I've grown out of ricing my hatchback... looking back at it all, it seems quite silly. Now I'm older my taste in cars has matured and I'd much prefer some supercars over a NAWWWS'd Peugeot with scissor doors.

16. Yui-san

Yui-san

Looks like a re-make of "High Stakes" to me... and I'm glad about that! Need For Speed was always at its best when it was solely about racing exotic cars on breath-taking tracks (along with hot pursuits), so I hope this one doesn't disappoint!

17. Prototyp3

Prototyp3

OK this sounds great. Exactly what I want, more Hot Pursuit :) Best arcade racer this gen imo.

I hated Most Wanted. This seems like a breath of fresh air and a return to form.

agreed. It's why I loved both Hot Prusuits so much PS2 version and PS3 version gave you wonderful outdoor scenic areas to drive in. I hate when games are all city driving.

18. GTRufus

GTRufus

Hmm after seeing the next 2 pics, it may look like a remake of High Stakes. And yes it would be awesome to see it! It was the first NFS I have played on the PlayStation. I am looking forward to see some first gameplay videos of it.

19. Spoil-t

Spoil-t (Banned)

High Stakes had slight car modding that included adding stripes & rims to the car so I agree of it being a High Stakes type remake.

20. theotherspongey

theotherspongey

As much as i'm excited for this game, there's way too many good games coming out towards the end of this year! Forza 5, GT6, Destiny, Watch Dogs...ugh.

Edit: AND DriveClub!

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  21. warp9engage

warp9engage

Considering that Hot Pursuit was and still is, by far, my most favorite recent NFS game, I'm looking forward to this.

From what I read on the EA reveal, Rivals is pretty much Hot Pursuit 2: Cops vs Racers; ability to play as either of them; supercars and gadgets for both sides; an open world environment that will, apparently, take you out to the country roads. All the elements are here.

The game looks like it will have the graphics from The Run, only improved further. The Run, however, was not well optimized and I hope that is improved upon.

The driving physics will hopefully be similar to the 2010 Hot Pursuit. Criterion's Most Wanted had rather bad steering.

The game will take place in Redwood County. If this is a fictional place, the real Redwood County in Minnesota or a fictional Redwood County based on the real one, I don't know. One thing makes me curious though: the EA reveal begins with Redwood City, suggesting that maybe there is a city and not just a small country town. Then again, the real Redwood County only has a small town from what I've been able to research. We'll see what they do.

Last, but not least, welcome back Ferrari. Long time no see. The last time I remember driving Ferraris in a NFS game was Hot Pursuit 2 back on the PS2. It's good to see them return.

22. wicken

wicken

You're damn right, my wallet won't resist after E3 conference. :ouch:

I will wait for more footage on E3 before I decide if I am going to get this game, btw who is going to get this for current gen consoles?

23. Youngun

Youngun

Drive Club!

24. Spoil-t

Spoil-t (Banned)

I'm getting this & COD Ghosts for the PS4. My PS3 HDD is near full & the console has many hours on it so I'm upgrading to next gen but I'm totally ordering online because I'm not getting stabbed over the PS4.

25. Niyologist

Niyologist

I'm also looking forward to this. I'm really tired of Most Wanted. I logged in over 125 hours of gaming on MW. Time for me to move on to the next one. :)

26. skylineeddie

skylineeddie

The french NFS site announcement namedropped possible confirmed cars.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
    Porsche Cayman S (981)
    Ford GT
    Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
    Dodge Charger SRT8
    Pagani Huayra
    Lexus LFA

As well as the preorder gets you the Nissan GT-R Black Series

27. Prototyp3

Prototyp3

thanks for the post man! I'm getting so hype over this. Redwood County seems like it could be a new version of Seacreast, which would be a very good thing. I can't wait for more info!

28. Spoil-t

Spoil-t (Banned)

Personally I want this to be like HP3 with The Run's car physics. That would make for one great game.

29. BKGlover

BKGlover

Did I play the same "NFS The Run" as you? I found the physics absolutely atrocious.

30. Spoil-t

Spoil-t (Banned)

I thought it was great. The RWD cars slide out if you punch it in corners like they're suppose to.