Need for Speed: Rivals

Didn't you read TJ's post? You can customize your car apparently.

Customisation will unlikely be at the levels that fans of the old Underground games want. With a shift towards high performance exotics, its doubtful that the days of throwing nitro, spinners, scissor doors, neon and split opening hoods on your JDM or USDM cars will ever return.

In regards to the teaser trailer, the Frostbite 3 engine looks to promise great graphics (especially on the next gen platforms) and it looks like the handling mechanics are improved from Hot Pursuit 2010 despite looking similar will provide some solid gameplay.

I'm looking forward to the full reveal.

Customisation will unlikely be at the levels that fans of the old Underground games want. With a shift towards high performance exotics, its doubtful that the days of throwing nitro, spinners, scissor doors, neon and split opening hoods on your JDM or USDM cars will ever return.

Which is a good thing... would be good to have a basic livery editor at least, that's what it hints at.

EA & Ferrari had bad blood ever since Hot Pursuit 2. It seems one side finally grew up & made up which has nothing to do with M$. EA will never D ride M$ hell DICE nicely told M$ to shove it when they went to them trying to get KINECT features added for BF4.

And lets all hope EA showcases it on the PS4 because Sony made a deal quick so they can one up M$ with a cactus to the a-hole.

Stop posting nonsensical drivel like this. Grow up.

The Stig Farmer
I'm liking this new logo. Nice to have a change from this current typeface./QUOTE]

Looks like it came from the 90s.

And so far, it sounds like a more juiced up Hot Pursuit 2010 with Ferrari and Frostbite 3.

The only thing is that The Runs ran on Frostbite 3 and it blew.

Same here...

No bad thing.

Moar pictures

Aston Martin Vanquish (2012)
Aston_Martin_Vanquish_%282012%29_-_Need_for_Speed_Rivals.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 (991)
Porsche_911_GT3_%28991%29_-_Need_for_Speed_Rivals.jpg

Two pics and half a video, and it's already awesome/total crap? Really folks? If this keeps up, we'll be judging the next game just by the announcement it's in development.

Which is a good thing... would be good to have a basic livery editor at least, that's what it hints at.

Na not really!

The Underground games were cool cause they used 'normal' cars, being able to add parts to my Focus was cool, since then they always have the same super cars which although there ok every game has them.

Na not really!

The Underground games were cool cause they used 'normal' cars, being able to add parts to my Focus was cool, since then they always have the same super cars which although there ok every game has them.

Yes but... I've grown out of ricing my hatchback... looking back at it all, it seems quite silly. Now I'm older my taste in cars has matured and I'd much prefer some supercars over a NAWWWS'd Peugeot with scissor doors.

Looks like a re-make of "High Stakes" to me... and I'm glad about that! Need For Speed was always at its best when it was solely about racing exotic cars on breath-taking tracks (along with hot pursuits), so I hope this one doesn't disappoint!

OK this sounds great. Exactly what I want, more Hot Pursuit :) Best arcade racer this gen imo.

I hated Most Wanted. This seems like a breath of fresh air and a return to form.

Looks like a re-make of "High Stakes" to me... and I'm glad about that! Need For Speed was always at its best when it was solely about racing exotic cars on breath-taking tracks (along with hot pursuits), so I hope this one doesn't disappoint!

agreed. It's why I loved both Hot Prusuits so much PS2 version and PS3 version gave you wonderful outdoor scenic areas to drive in. I hate when games are all city driving.

OK this sounds great. Exactly what I want, more Hot Pursuit :) Best arcade racer this gen imo.

I hated Most Wanted. This seems like a breath of fresh air and a return to form.

agreed. It's why I loved both Hot Prusuits so much PS2 version and PS3 version gave you wonderful outdoor scenic areas to drive in. I hate when games are all city driving.

Hmm after seeing the next 2 pics, it may look like a remake of High Stakes. And yes it would be awesome to see it! It was the first NFS I have played on the PlayStation. I am looking forward to see some first gameplay videos of it.

Hmm after seeing the next 2 pics, it may look like a remake of High Stakes.
High Stakes had slight car modding that included adding stripes & rims to the car so I agree of it being a High Stakes type remake.

As much as i'm excited for this game, there's way too many good games coming out towards the end of this year! Forza 5, GT6, Destiny, Watch Dogs...ugh.

Edit: AND DriveClub!

Last edited:
Considering that Hot Pursuit was and still is, by far, my most favorite recent NFS game, I'm looking forward to this.

From what I read on the EA reveal, Rivals is pretty much Hot Pursuit 2: Cops vs Racers; ability to play as either of them; supercars and gadgets for both sides; an open world environment that will, apparently, take you out to the country roads. All the elements are here.

The game looks like it will have the graphics from The Run, only improved further. The Run, however, was not well optimized and I hope that is improved upon.

The driving physics will hopefully be similar to the 2010 Hot Pursuit. Criterion's Most Wanted had rather bad steering.

The game will take place in Redwood County. If this is a fictional place, the real Redwood County in Minnesota or a fictional Redwood County based on the real one, I don't know. One thing makes me curious though: the EA reveal begins with Redwood City, suggesting that maybe there is a city and not just a small country town. Then again, the real Redwood County only has a small town from what I've been able to research. We'll see what they do.

Last, but not least, welcome back Ferrari. Long time no see. The last time I remember driving Ferraris in a NFS game was Hot Pursuit 2 back on the PS2. It's good to see them return.

As much as i'm excited for this game, there's way too many good games coming out towards the end of this year! Forza 5, GT6, Destiny, Watch Dogs...ugh.
You're damn right, my wallet won't resist after E3 conference. :ouch:

I will wait for more footage on E3 before I decide if I am going to get this game, btw who is going to get this for current gen consoles?

btw who is going to get this for current gen consoles?
I'm getting this & COD Ghosts for the PS4. My PS3 HDD is near full & the console has many hours on it so I'm upgrading to next gen but I'm totally ordering online because I'm not getting stabbed over the PS4.

I'm also looking forward to this. I'm really tired of Most Wanted. I logged in over 125 hours of gaming on MW. Time for me to move on to the next one. :)

The french NFS site announcement namedropped possible confirmed cars.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series
Porsche Cayman S (981)
Ford GT
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Dodge Charger SRT8
Pagani Huayra
Lexus LFA

As well as the preorder gets you the Nissan GT-R Black Series

Considering that Hot Pursuit was and still is, by far, my most favorite recent NFS game, I'm looking forward to this.

From what I read on the EA reveal, Rivals is pretty much Hot Pursuit 2: Cops vs Racers; ability to play as either of them; supercars and gadgets for both sides; an open world environment that will, apparently, take you out to the country roads. All the elements are here.

The game looks like it will have the graphics from The Run, only improved further. The Run, however, was not well optimized and I hope that is improved upon.

The driving physics will hopefully be similar to the 2010 Hot Pursuit. Criterion's Most Wanted had rather bad steering.

The game will take place in Redwood County. If this is a fictional place, the real Redwood County in Minnesota or a fictional Redwood County based on the real one, I don't know. One thing makes me curious though: the EA reveal begins with Redwood City, suggesting that maybe there is a city and not just a small country town. Then again, the real Redwood County only has a small town from what I've been able to research. We'll see what they do.

Last, but not least, welcome back Ferrari. Long time no see. The last time I remember driving Ferraris in a NFS game was Hot Pursuit 2 back on the PS2. It's good to see them return.
thanks for the post man! I'm getting so hype over this. Redwood County seems like it could be a new version of Seacreast, which would be a very good thing. I can't wait for more info!

Personally I want this to be like HP3 with The Run's car physics. That would make for one great game.

I thought it was great. The RWD cars slide out if you punch it in corners like they're suppose to.

Back