Need some information and advice

United States
United States
I currently own GT Sport ,F12019 and Project Cars 3.

I am deciding between Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition or Project Cars 2.

If I buy project cars 2 how many cars and tracks can I use right away?

I currently own GT Sport ,F12019 and Project Cars 3.

I am deciding between Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition or Project Cars 2.

If I buy project cars 2 how many cars and tracks can I use right away?
All of them.

EDIT: I see grumpy beat me to it. lol

Last edited:
To break a tie, I would say PC2, where indeed you can use all the cars straight away.

Last edited:
I have both games and both are worth buying, but PC2 is MUCH deeper and can keep you engaged for years.

I barely played AC.

I'm still playing PC2 today and I've still not used every car and every track.

Also, the ability to set up a multi class (up to 4 classes) race is incredibly fun.

BTW just curious. Who also has GT Sport? Which do you like better?
I have GTS. My history with that game is well chronicled here.

I bought PC2 first when it released. I had never heard of PC1 and I had never heard of SMS. But, I read a review that said if you primarily want to play offline then that's the game to play. That same review also warned that PC2 was very difficult because of its realism.

I had not played a racing game for years before I bought it. I was on a controller and it was "pre-updates" so the game was very hard for me to play.

I then turned to GTS because it was a game that could be played on a controller. It was fun for a very short time but the single player part was thin and every car I drove felt and sounded the same.

During that time I got a wheel and came back to PC2 and never looked back.

Last edited:
Regardless content GTS and PC2 are two really interesting and very different games. Like I play GTS mostly for Lexus and road cars, this where PC2 gives only great selection of true Motorsport machines, historic mostly, by today standards.
In terms of physics, GTS feels the same only if you know what you're doing, where in PC2 every mistake is punishing, including dive bombing and hard breaking, riding on edges, nothing will really help in SMS game. Even SC, TC and ABS has all impact on performance, and in GTS they all are like irrelevant, and general poor race craft could be managed.
Competition in PC2 is strong, both online and offline. Bots are nearly record breakers and talented engineers, if you wish them to be. In online, most people, who tries to drive mad like in GTS fail in few laps, generally ignoring tires and breaks temperatures leads into disaster in PC2. The main advantage GTS has over PC, is much wider player base, like 10x time bigger.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the help. Think it's Project Cars 2 that I'll look into.

Anyone know where I can buy it cheap? lol
Its on sale in the extended play sale that just hit the PS store.
FWIW I enjoy both games. GT is easy to jump in and race but the tracks and cars on Pcars 2 is golden.

If You have a wheel I would say get Assetto corsa.

Its a must have on console for wheel users, hands down the best FFB you will get on Console. ( Besides ACC, wich is even better but is quite a bit to handle for a regular PS4)

Console: if content is the main factor, then pCARS2. AC is short on the number of tracks. (Both games do offer all the content available immediately. No Gran Turismo grinding.) But as klondike said, the FFB is better in Assetto Corsa.

PC: no brainer for me, it’s Assetto Corsa.

I just bought PC2 on the PS for like 8.99 US and I have been itching to play it. I was hoping when I got my PS5 that I would have GT7 to go along with it but that didn't happen. So I bought a used version of Drive Club and Need for Speed: Heat because some of the guys I game with had it and I would be able to play online with them. But those games didn't have what I was looking for and GT Sport is more online than anything else so it was rough for awhile. I downloaded AC & PC2 when I had PS Now but quickly deleted both of them when I cancelled my sub. I enjoyed both of them but I think PC2 has more tracks and cars than AC so I think this will keep satisfied until GT7 comes out

Hi, I'm wondering if there's any 'all around tunes' for PC2
Depends on the car, really. For general single player use most of them are okay using one of the defaults or the other and maybe some minor tweaks, a few cars are pretty out there and will take some work. The race engineer feature is great for just quick adjustments. I've been fairly successful (relative to my skill, I mean) running cars this way in lobbies. The setups available on the leaderboards tend to be fairly edgy, fast but unforgiving.

Depends on the car, really. For general single player use most of them are okay using one of the defaults or the other and maybe some minor tweaks, a few cars are pretty out there and will take some work. The race engineer feature is great for just quick adjustments. I've been fairly successful (relative to my skill, I mean) running cars this way in lobbies. The setups available on the leaderboards tend to be fairly edgy, fast but unforgiving.
Ok, thanks!

Just as a little furtherance to the default setups, and I'll grant you that not all of these combinations are particularly popular, if you look at the places and cars Stoopid Challenges has run using default setups (https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/ , they're a blast, too) and cross refence where the PC guys have run here (at least on the tracks they have, there's a few missing, and the site doesn't include the console times) https://pcars.13ms.de/#/times/1740968730 you'll find the fastest guys at or very near the top of the mix in most of them, using those defaults.

Wanted to pillage of this thread a bit…

I’m an avid Gran Turismo Sport guy. Been playing it for almost 3 years and I still love it. However, I have been thinking of getting another title that is more of a proper sim, mainly for offline play. The most important aspects for me (in no particular order) is the physics, quality of the AI, and FFB quality. I also want to use a button box too because I think they’re cool. Needless to say, I’m a console player.

Right now it looks like Assetto Corsa, ACC, and one of the Project Cars titles might fit the bill. Which title do you think is best for me?

Also, being that my baseline is GTS, how will they differ between the physics, FFB, etc.

Thanks!

TBH I think you will find the physics on both AC & Project Cars 2 are much better than GT Sport imo. The AI in PC2 is you will probably have to do a few races to get it where you want it. Assetto Corsa Ultimate version is on sale for 7.99 and PC2 deluxe edition is sale for 13.99. SO you might be able to try out both them. I don't play with a wheel but both games are designed to be used with wheels

Just bought them both. I guess they’re downloadable games. Hopefully my PS4 can handle it. I’m new to this whole downloading game thing.

So what do I need equipment-wise to get the most out of these games? Currently I have a fanatec CSL elite setup. Do I need to get a gear shifter for some of the cars? Button box for sure. What else?

That's good you bought them. I am a controller user so I couldn't tell you. I hope you enjoy them both. I plan on getting AC this week and I think I am going to get the deluxe edition PC2 because 13.99 is much cheaper than buying all of the separate DLC packs.

Just bought them both. I guess they’re downloadable games. Hopefully my PS4 can handle it. I’m new to this whole downloading game thing.

So what do I need equipment-wise to get the most out of these games? Currently I have a fanatec CSL elite setup. Do I need to get a gear shifter for some of the cars? Button box for sure. What else?
Really, depending on what will work with your PS the sky's the limit. H-pattern is more immersive but slower than paddles, many people, myself included, use a cheap number pad as a button box, a keyboard is very handy.

Back