New Ferraris Revealed in Project CARS 2 Content Leak

I'm not a Ferrari fan, but I want to drive on those two tracks that I have never seen before, as a fan of Blancpain, PWC, GT Open, Súper GT and WTCR I had never heared about those two tracks and what racing classes run there, but soon I will be runing with GT3, Touring and Prototype on Mugello and Fiorano that they look very fun to drive.

I really love how much work SMS has done in giving us classic content. Especially the classic tracks.

The golden age of racing fascinates me and getting to recreate that in a reasonably accurate simulation is the best.

Not that I expect it'll ever happen but my dream game would be F1 1966.

Edit: +1 bummed that Interlagos didn't show up in the game

I'm not a Ferrari fan, but I want to drive on those two tracks that I have never seen before, as a fan of Blancpain, PWC, GT Open, Súper GT and WTCR I had never heared about those two tracks and what racing classes run there, but soon I will be runing with GT3, Touring and Prototype on Mugello and Fiorano that they look very fun to drive.
Italian series and MotoGP. The 24h Creventic Series ran there as recently as last year.

I'm just looking forward to driving Mugello without Tiff Needell shouting at me.

The classic content appeals on so many levels. For a start these cars didn't have traction control or abs so they make a natural fit for gamers who like to race without driving aids.

The classics vary greatly in drivability, but particularly the older ones are not normally absurdly powerful so they are accessible to almost all skill levels. The Sports Cars used to be driven to the track and Le Mans cars were road registered so even though in race tune, they have a reasonable level of tractability.

This game enables us to relive or recreate famous races from the past and imagine being the co-driver, using in many cases the original tracks.

If you visit some classic events you will probably find that the race and meeting provides so much more interest than a modern event. The modern event will provide racing and if it is a junior formula, the opportunity to spot and follow rising stars, but probably not much else as the cars are often virtually identical.

When you visit a classic meeting, as well as the racing itself you normally have a much greater variety of machinery so more technical interest - and often you can see different solutions to similar technical problems. You have the interest of the drivers in the machinery which often borders on devotion - especially if the car was previously raced by famous drivers. Each car has a history and especially if you can visit before race day, the drivers and mechanics will be happy to chat about the car and its history - they are often too busy on the actual race day. That history sometimes spans many drivers, countries and different race series.

With classics, that visit to the track can spark a desire to find out more - you have youtube footage, race entry forms and programmes on the internet, books by mechanics, drivers, team managers and owners. Rare motor racing books are easily accessible online. Further visits to the track and chats with drivers and mechanics. It can be an obsession - a magnificent obsession!

Then you can take a break and drive those same cars - thank you SMS for the TR 250 and GT 250 - more please!
Great post. I would also like to add that for me a big part of the appeal are the bodyworks of these cars. They have so much individuality and character, while recent designs are all aligned and dictated by the laws of aerodynamics.

The hatch and sedan Sti’s of those years are in the game. They just have to be unlocked via crates, Forzathon, specialty dealership, or other events. I hate that you have to get certain cars that way in this game. I’d rather be able to buy any car I want if I can afford it instead of unlocking the tier then buying the car.

I must’ve posted that post before knowing they were in the game. Yeah, they’re clearly in the game.

I was initially super excited about the 355 challenge and 250s, but then dissapointed because I won't be able to use them in career

For me a big part of the appeal are the bodyworks of these cars. They have so much individuality and character, while recent designs are all aligned and dictated by the laws of aerodynamics.

I second this - the classics were designed when streamlining was king - the quest for minimum drag and maximum speed resulted in some very beautiful shapes. There was also an adage at the time - "If it looks right, it is right".

Mugello is one of those tracks everybody seems to like, but I'm not really a big fan of it. The setting is nice, but there are three S-shaped corners that feel almost identical and elsewhere the cambers are always working against the car. It flows ok, but in my opinion it generally lacks feel good moments.

Much like Leipzig, Fiorano is a track I've never driven before. That said, these manufacturer test tracks don't excite me nearly as much as traditional circuits do. I think it has something to do with lacking the immersive factor around public trackdays and racing.

All the cars in the pack are arguably essential, but also here I'm feeling somewhat indifferent. There's hardly anything here I haven't already driven in other racing games. SMS is usually very good at bringing content others haven't already, such as the wonderful Ferrari 512 siblings or the interesting Porsche 961 in the previous DLC. I'd say we're mostly closing a necessary gap with this Ferrari DLC, which is completely fine, but it's not like I can't wait to have it.

Last edited:
Excited about the 458 Speciale, although not a fan of the Aperta, but better than no Speciale. Favorite V8 midengine Ferrari for me and last naturally aspirated one too.

Last edited:
Back