New Ferraris Revealed in Project CARS 2 Content Leak

I knew fiorano would not be allowed for other cars that are not Ferrari.

Rather have gotten Istanbul Park or Interlagos or some other track that is not restricted. As a Ferrari fan its great to get Fiorano but with restrictions?? I would prefer another track. No surprise why Ferrari are really such a pain to licence with.

FXX is a great car but the sound is disappointing it needs that Scream!!!

It looks like Porsche and Ferrari have the most money as they each got DLC packs with specific focus on them and the game started with a large number of them compared to other manufacturers.

My quick first impressions I also posted on the PC2 forums so I'll copy/paste that here. Off to work now. :)

The pack is out for both PS4 and XBox in Belgium. Checked it out quickly on my Xbox One X before heading to work.

Mugello is nice!!! Did one lap there in a practice session in the Ferrari 355 Challenge and that car sure is a nice drive! The lighting on the track looks gorgeous as well (me only being used to see it in the default daylight Forza 7 lighting). Must be awesome at night too.

Then I hopped into the Ferrari 458 Speciale A and went to Fiorano, the steering angle felt a bit off to me but that's probably my default out-of-the-box setup settings. The track to follow was a bit confusing after I slid off the track so I wanted to do a custom race there (to have the AI as indication of where to go, and some pace). But I couldn't find the track in the selection screen, even when I selected a Ferrari car. Turned out I still had a GT Motorsport preset active, after removing that I could select the track and do a one make race there with all 458 Speciale A's.

Started to feel where this was going to. :) No doubt due to licencing but you can only use a Ferrari car on Fiorano, both in custom races and in practice sessions. I know Ferrari can be pigheaded about licencing cars and this is no doubt also the way it is for their track. Let's not whine about that please, it's either that or no Fiorano at all. The deal to have Fiorano on-board included no doubt that only Ferrari can be raced there.

With my motorsport preset removed I also wondered if multiple Ferrari's exist in the same class, that we would still have a race with different cars but that is not the case. Road A now has both the La Ferrari and the F12tdf but if you select one of them (F12tdf in my case), all the AI cars will use the same car as you. Sidenote: that F12tdf is one helluva beast, lol!

Absolutely great DLC! Some awesome Ferrari cars in this pack that I only know from Forza Motorsport so it will be interesting to see how this plays with a more realistic handling model. Mugello is absolutely one of my favorite tracks and it's great to see it now in PC2 with the full day/night cycle and weather effects. Fiorano is not really my cup of tea (the track sure is narrow), but I see it as a nice extra bonus to goof around with and test some Ferrari cars, either in time trials or in one make races.

I couldn't find Fiorano in the track list. I remembered that you had to be in a Ferrari so changed to one, but still no luck. I then tried accessing the track list from the private testing function and still no luck. Maybe someone can explain how to get the track to appear because I couldn't select it!

Check that you don't have a motorsport preset active for custom race, even if there are Ferrari's within that preset it won't work.

Because of some tree branches banging against the window last night, I woke up at 4am. Email said that Ferrari dlc is out. So I spent 45 minutes with it. Tested all the new cars. Lovely bunch! Then went to bed and thought, what is the other track. Oh right, Mugello. Will try that when I get home from work tonight.

The old Testarossa is quite a fun car to drive. As is the 355 Challenge. Actually they are all good.

Although you are only allowed to drive Ferrari cars around Fioriano, I consider it a nicer addition than the Leipzig track. Better flowing for sure.

I last tried Fiorano in Ferrari Challenge from Eutechnyx on PS3. If I recall, you could only use it in Time Trial so it is nice to be able to have a race there even with the Ferrari restrictions. It is very narrow in places as it was never intended to host races so it could be interesting.

The 250 Testa Rosso, which I love, and the 355 Challenge are my most anticipated drives. I'm looking forward to comparing the FXX K to the incredible Assetto Corsa version.

What do people think of the sounds of the cars so far?

@Sick Cylinder Is it a good thing that both 250s are in the same class?

Yes - I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but in 1960 the cars were quite similar in performance so it is a clever idea by SMS. In that year the cars finished like this at Le Mans:

Ferrari 250 TR - 1st and 2nd (Class S 3.0)
Aston Martin DBR1/300 - 3rd and 9th (Class S 3.0)
Ferrari 250 GT - 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th (Class GT 3.0)
Chevrolet Corvette C1 - 8th and 10th (Class GT 5.0)

The logical next car to add to this group (GTC) is obviously the Chevrolet Corvette C1 - you would think GM would be very keen to have their class winning car added to the game!

The next car after that - the Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage - 3 were entered in the race, but failed to finish. They had a 2.9 litre four cylinder. Adding these 2 cars would add a 4 cylinder and a V8 so increasing the variety of sounds.

What is the plastic screen on the 250 GT for?

And why is there metal protection plate on the left exhaust and not on the right? Same car.

What is the plastic screen on the 250 GT for?

And why is there metal protection plate on the left exhaust and not on the right? Same car.
Plastic screen is a bug catcher I believe. No idea re. exhaust plate, maybe there's something in that area inside the car that needs a bit of heat protection?

I tried the Ferrari dlc a bit, so far i really like the F355 challenge. Mugello too.
Fiorano is ok. But i dont understand why you cant drive anything there except Ferrari. You can on Porsche dlc track. But it aint that bad cuz its a Ferrari only private track, so it doesnt bother me. So hopefully they will continue bringing dlcs to the game.

It looks like Porsche and Ferrari have the most money as they each got DLC packs with specific focus on them and the game started with a large number of them compared to other manufacturers.

If we look at all 4 packs we have gotten.

34 Cars in Total..

13 - Porsche

10 - Ferrari

4 - Audi

4 - Ford

1 - Citroen

1 - Renault

1 - Toyota

Nearly two thirds taken by Porsche and Ferrari.

Overall I've been pretty happy with the packs..A few more manufactures would have been nice but there you go.

Still hope they might announce a season 2 around the games 1st anniversary but I won't get my hopes up too high :P

That tiny change log is ridiculous, only a handful of fixes in 3 months, I can't believe it.
The change log does NOT represent the actual amount of fixes and updates that went into the game during that time. It has been explained a few times, on the pcars public forum, that the small logs were a necessary evil.

Back