New ninja update? (6/5/14)

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeamCZRRacing
  • 102 comments
  • 8,897 views
Seems legit. Okay then :)
It is. When a full-on patch is ready, Sony/PD/whoever's in charge of the servers shuts them down while PD rolls the update out. That's why everyone gets excited when a maintenance period is announced.
 
Last edited:
I feel big difference in physics after this ninja update.
Cars are more unstable,more tail happy.
Turn in is more sharp,more aggressive.
Cars are more unstable during braking.
I like it!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

@
super_gt That is exactly what I felt when I tried doing the last round of the Academy. Car felt exactly as you describe, it was horrible compared to what it was before, I couldn't even keep up with my ghost. I don't know if what you say has anything to do with the Academy sense it is online, but something sure is different. Then again, it probably was just me....I'm sure that's what everyone else will say. :lol:
I felt it first in Rear-Wheel-Drive Non Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway,and then I make offline test with the same result :)
 
I felt it first in Rear-Wheel-Drive Non Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway,and then I make offline test with the same result :)
You mean you're serious? I thought you were joking:lol: So you really think there's some kind of physics change?
 
You mean you're serious? I thought you were joking:lol: So you really think there's some kind of physics change?
I know it sounds strange but I'm not joking,cars are more unstable during braking and turn in.
It is not big difference,but there is a change.
 
I know it sounds strange but I'm not joking,cars are more unstable during braking and turn in.
It is not big difference,but there is a change.

I agree, but then again, who am I to say. :rolleyes:
 
You are very fast in TT and very good in car tuning :bowdown:

Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it. My words mean nothing here really until a more popular, respected member here says it, then its golden. :rolleyes: People tend to take what I say with a grain of salt. :lol:
 
I know it sounds strange but I'm not joking,cars are more unstable during braking and turn in.
It is not big difference,but there is a change.
I don't drive enough cars anymore to notice the difference. But I was driving the new GT3 GT-R last night in a "no tuning RM tire" GT3 room, first time in the car other than GTAcademy. I was quite surprised by how much turn in bite there was and how easy it was to break the back end loose even on RM tires. After that I tried the SLS GT3 and it had lots of understeer on turn in and exit so I just figured the GT-R was a very good car.
 
I wish people would put dates in the thread title on these.
Mobile browser only shows the time of the newest post.
Always think it's new when it isn't.
 
I noticed strange physics but only on the new Nissan GT3. The steering feels very light compared to other cars. I bumped up the force feedback on my wheel to compensate.
 
Answering someones question with a single word counts as complaining now?
No more excuses man. Just go to the epic whining thread if you really can't do anything else.
 
I can confirm that there is definitely a physics update. After the 1.08 patch the physics changed similar to 1.00 (more grippy). After the hotfix yesterday they reverted it to be more like 1.03 physics again. The cars do feel more responsive during turn in, but it feels like they changed the steering rack ratio. There is actually less grip overall. The front end washes out more during steady state cornering and the rear end is looser when you put power down. The GT5-esque feel of driving on ice is back :grumpy: The strength of the FFB has also been reduced. I have a 650PP Huayra on Sports Soft that can run 2.04s consistently around Ascari that I use as a physics control car, so I'm not spouting things out of thin air. I've also grinded the Red Bull Standard challenge hundreds of times, and the car immediately felt different in the first corner.

Terrible decision by PD to switch the physics in the decisive week of GT Academy. I'm half a second off the times I could set yesterday using the same lines 👎
 
I only noticed that cars seem to turn in better on the brakes with ABS on 1.

That is, they better trace the line your steering inputs "select", rather than opposing it quite so much through the "active yaw" effect, due to the lateral grip bias (more grip on outside tyres, means more braking effort is "allowed" there by the "ABS").

That's with the DS3, which I had used prior to the update also. Not tried the wheel yet.
 
Just did a race last night with my friend come in second place by error. He won the race but was -0.3xx "behind"

The fix is 🤬
 
I know - it was a reference to the Megadeth album and song "Holy Wars ...The Punishment Due." Since Famine put the first part in his post, I thought I'd round it off by putting the second part in mine. :)




Really? I haven't felt a blind bit of difference with the cars after the update, but then again I haven't driven much since it came out.
Tornado of Soul :)
 
I noticed strange physics but only on the new Nissan GT3. The steering feels very light compared to other cars. I bumped up the force feedback on my wheel to compensate.
Physics apply to all cars, not just one.

Just did a race last night with my friend come in second place by error. He won the race but was -0.3xx "behind"

The fix is 🤬
Monza? If so, that's a bug going back to the beginning of GT5.
 
Physics apply to all cars, not just one.

Monza? If so, that's a bug going back to the beginning of GT5.
I've had that on more than Monza, on GT5. Hasn't happened me on GT6 but I haven't played it that often.
 
Astronomical simulation. That's part of physics too?
 
"Strings of text..." REALLY, PD?!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Strings of text..." REALLY, PD?!!
...And that relates to the topic how?

EDIT: Apparently you edited your comment right as I was saving mine. "'Strings of text...' REALLY, PD?!!" didn't show up until after I saved mine.

Also, I want to know why you're insulting PD over fixing text strings. It's not like they removed anything from the game. Of all the minor things...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can tell, there are no physics updates.
I drove a lot of race cars yesterday and they all felt the same as before.
I'll try more road cars today and see if PD actually changed something.
 
What, so there was a ninja update on 6 May??? Yes, I know what it really means... I haven't been around to try anything out yet but assume that there is a full patch due for 10 June (10/6 ;) ) or sometime next week if the VW gti is out mid month? So if anything was changed with this fix re physics it might not last for long...
 
Back